How I view the East

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

The_Dream
Junior
And1: 19

Re: How I view the East 

Post#101 » by The_Dream » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:47 pm

Knickz4life88 wrote:yea comparing this knick team to the past knick teams that got spanked in the playoffs is smart..i mean its not like we added a whole bunch of players and smart veterans at that who are proven winners...you heat fans are (Please Use More Appropriate Word),,btw wade didnt give up ****..hes starting to go on the downside of his career..FACT

Wade going down, lol. Dude shot his highest FG% EVER in our last game. The humble rock will hit you harder than it hit the Heat in '11.
Xekana
Senior
And1: 12

Post#102 » by Xekana » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:48 pm

I love how when the Knicks win, regular season games don't count. 100 bucks says that if we lost, the story would be that we suck and have no chance in the playoffs.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
The_Dream
Junior

Post#103 » by The_Dream » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:50 pm

Xekana wrote:I love how when the Knicks win, regular season games don't count. 100 bucks says that if we lost, the story would be that we suck and have no chance in the playoffs.

Regular season wins don't matter to championship teams.
Xekana
Senior

Post#104 » by Xekana » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:53 pm

The_Dream wrote:
Xekana wrote:I love how when the Knicks win, regular season games don't count. 100 bucks says that if we lost, the story would be that we suck and have no chance in the playoffs.

Regular season wins don't matter to championship teams.

HCA is pretty nice. So is making the playoffs (see Lakers). I repeat, if we lose to the Heat many will say that the Knicks still suck.

blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,077

Post#105 » by blueNorange » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:00 pm

JesusHCoxMd wrote:Wow Knicks bandwagon this early in the season. Wait until May atleast...

there's no such thing as a knicks bandwagon, we've always been here.

it's just that the past decade everyone else has been loud about us, we're finally returning the favor
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
The_Dream
Junior

Post#106 » by The_Dream » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:02 pm

blueNorange wrote:
JesusHCoxMd wrote:Wow Knicks bandwagon this early in the season. Wait until May atleast...

it's just that the past decade everyone else has been loud about us, we're finally returning the favor

Heat fans deserve to be loud for as long as the NBA exists for the sheer scrutiny they received starting the '11 season and the end of the '11 season by that logic.
NYK_89
Assistant Coach
And1: 72

Post#107 » by NYK_89 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:03 pm

The_Dream wrote:
blueNorange wrote:

Heat fans deserve to be loud for as long as the NBA exists for the sheer scrutiny they received starting the '11 season and the end of the '11 season by that logic.

Don't think that works..
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,077

Post#108 » by blueNorange » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:05 pm

yeah, i mean it's not like 95% of knicks related threads on the GB for the past 10 years have been ways to mock them. now all you are clinging to are the following

- regular seasons wins don't matter
- they can't hit threes like they do this long(been used since 3 weeks ago)
- they're eventually going to turn the ball over again
- amar'e is coming back
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
NYK_89
Assistant Coach
And1: 72

Post#109 » by NYK_89 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:06 pm

Tien wrote:Knicks absolutely need Amar'e and Shumpert to play at a high level to beat the Heat.

This current roster without those 2 won't get it done. Too much scoring needed from 1 individual.

Yeah no doubting that, well Amar'e at least, but if we do get Amar'e integrated we will be so much better then we are now. Thats what destroys the Bulls comparison, Melo is a better go to scorer then Rose anyways and Amar'e is so much better at scoring then anyone else on that Bulls team it isn't even funny, in the playoffs if you are just going to try and shut down Carmelo STAT should be able to shoulder a huge load if he comes back healthy here, if you then try and really take both of them out of it our perimeter shooting should have a field night. Heat are still a better team but IMO a Knicks team with integrated stat may be the greatest challenge yet to the Heat in the EC since the decision.

The thing to keep in mind is despite Miami's superior roster and the existence of Lebron (who really is the difference here the guy is just too damn good it is not even fair) the Knicks are very strong in the areas that you need to be to beat the heat. They are the best 3 point team in the league (Heat switch A TON but are very good at it, crisp passing and good shooting can hurt them), They are by far the best team at not turning the ball over in the NBA(really hurts the transition game), They have a player who at least has the strength to not get pushed around by Bron, They have probably the best big situation in the east for exploiting Miami(except maybe BRK), And they have decent PG play. Also they have players similar to the celtics who just flat out are not intimidated by the heat and know what it takes to beat them. Will this be enough to make the series very close or perhaps a win? that remains to be seen, it is very hard to pick against Lebron after last year, he was simply unstoppable.

yeah, i mean it's not like 95% of knicks related threads on the GB for the past 10 years have been ways to mock them. now all you are clinging to are the following

- amar'e is coming back

Totally agree, although i still feel Heat are #1 and the regular season wins ment more about our team then the heat. People pretending like the Knicks have not faced more hate then anyone else here for the last few years is a total joke though.
Xekana
Senior

Post#110 » by Xekana » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:14 pm

blueNorange wrote:yeah, i mean it's not like 95% of knicks related threads on the GB for the past 10 years have been ways to mock them. now all you are clinging to are the following

- amar'e is coming back

+100000

MaliBrah
RealGM
And1: 4,325

Post#111 » by MaliBrah » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:37 pm

blueNorange wrote:yeah, i mean it's not like 95% of knicks related threads on the GB for the past 10 years have been ways to mock them. now all you are clinging to are the following

- amar'e is coming back

well thats what happens when you win like 1 playoff game in 10 years , you develop a reputation like that , that can only be shaken off through wins , and thats what you guys are doing now.
GeneralNbaFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 34

Post#112 » by GeneralNbaFan » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:41 pm

KingzAndQueenz wrote:Miami at the top with King James at the throne kind of like MCP from Tron.

Nets and Knicks are forced to battle each other mindlessly to the death knowing they have no hope of ever reaching the top.

I am sorry (for the rest of the east), but you are right !
Even though I think you underrate the Knicks! I think Miami - Knicks : 4-2 ! not the 4-2 against other teams, where Miami doesent even try, but a hardfighted one!
GeneralNbaFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 34

Post#113 » by GeneralNbaFan » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:45 pm

And regular season means really nothing! And everyone who watched more than 2 nba seasons knows that!

But the Knicks are legit! They were the only team last season, who had a chance vs. the Heat ( in east)
Charsace
Pro Prospect
And1: 45

Post#114 » by Charsace » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:05 pm

- amar'e is coming back

I agree. That's why I said most of these guys are pathetic and their hate is running on fumes right now. When the knicks make to the playoffs as a top 3 seed people are gonna say, "wait for the second round, when they aren't playing against fodder," or some such nonsense.
NY2k1
Starter
And1: 810

Post#115 » by NY2k1 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:15 pm

Charsace wrote:

- amar'e is coming back

I agree. That's why I said most of these guys are pathetic and their hate is running on fumes right now. When the knicks make to the playoffs as a top 3 seed people are gonna say, "wait for the second round, when they aren't playing against fodder," or some such nonsense.

Basically this.

And then it'll be wait till the ECF when the Heat beat you, then wait till the finals when either OKC/Spurs/Memphis beats you, if we win the finals what are they gonna say after that? :lol:
AKFO
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,734

Post#116 » by AKFO » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Pimpwerx wrote:Knicks fans are setting themselves up for some epic backlash when they inevitably stumble. The playoffs are a different beast. The positives are they play good defense and are good in the halfcourt. The worries are they are really getting helped a ton by abnormally high 3ball efficiency, and they are old as ****.

On the defense, Brooklyn carved them up inside tonight. That's not something Amare is going to fix. Also, the Nets-Knicks game had playoff intensity, and Brooklyn still almost took it while missing Bropez. They haven't quite proven they're among the elite in the league. However, they've certainly improved a lot from last year, and they're winning games in the regular season. Let's see if they have a playoff gear, because we know Miami and OKC do. PEACE.

Miami leads the league in 3 point percentage. When they fall back down to earth, boy are they going to stumble. peace.
Tien
Banned User
And1: 51

Post#117 » by Tien » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:27 pm

The reason why regular season doesn't matter is because teams aren't coming up with comprehensive defensive / offensive schemes to take advantage of strengths, and exploit weaknesses. The 2001 Lakers took a dump in the regular season and then went 16-1 in playoffs, with a roster of prime Shaq and Kobe, it didn't matter what happened in regular season.

You'll get John Lucas IIIrd type of players that throw everyone off when he scores 24+ points, but that ain't happening in the playoffs. Rotations are much tighter, entire scouting reports on each rotation player is created. Whatever weakness you have that you hid in the regular season gets exploited in the playoffs over and over. If your handling isn't good going left, they'll exploit that to the end. Battier was making a point to LeBron that Carmelo was weakest when shooting jumpers from 12-18 feet, so LeBron allowed Melo to make those jumpers all series long, while preventing him from driving.

That is why Amar'e Stoudemire needs to play at a high level for them to beat the Heat. LeBron is going to battle Melo all season long, and the Heat still have reliable scoring options in Wade and Bosh.

Amar'e is the key. If he "plays" to a 100 mill level, the Knicks are a very deep team with good pg play. But if he doesn't, don't expect JR Smith and Felton to go ham every game to make up for Amar'e stinking it up (like he did last playoffs). Don't even bring up Novak. He's a James Jones type player. Good for regular season, too many weaknesses to exploit in post season.

And there's one more ace up Miami's sleave. LeBron James. If he plays in the playoffs the way he did in 2012 playoffs, there's not much you can do. It's unfair, but that is why Knicks need Amar'e and Shumpert badly.

If I'm Woodson, my biggest goal for the entire regular season is 1 thing, figuring out how to reincorporate Amar'e into an offense that allows it to flow. Whether it's giving him only 20 minutes, making him come off the bench, figuring out what kind of shots he should and only take, etc etc. Woodson has a lot of work to do. It'll be a fun season for the Knicks regardless, Jason Kidd is one heck of a leader.
PP 4 Three
Banned User
And1: 154

Post#118 » by PP 4 Three » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:22 am

NY2k1 wrote:
PP 4 Three wrote:
Charsace wrote:A lot of posters in this thread are really pathetic. Right now the Knicks hate is running on fumes. Whole bunch of nothing being said.

lol at the Celtics beating the Knicks in the playoffs when the celtics look like crap. They are an old, mediocre offensive team who don't have the ability to play defense like they used to. The Celtics might not even make the playoffs.

Holy **** do people ever learn around here? The Celtics got off to an even worse start last season with worse talent and no bench and they still easily made the Playoffs. We're not the Knicks, we don't completely underachieve and embarrass ourselves year after year.

:lol: Can't wait until the Knicks get smoked early in the Playoffs like usual.

Lol, I hope we play the Celtics. Knicks in 5 :lol:

Even in past years when we sucked, we still gave the Celtics fits, and your team isn't as good as in prior years.

Heat, Bulls (can even change depending on Rose), and even the Nets are better than the Celtics this season.

Congratulations on being better than the Celtics one month into the regular season. At this point last year most teams in the league were "better" than the Celtics. Good thing the Playoffs aren't until April. The Knicks strike absolutely no fear in my heart and I would love to see the Celtics give them the same treatment we gave them in 2011. But you probably won't make it out of the 1st round so I wouldn't count on it.
PP 4 Three
Banned User
And1: 154

Post#119 » by PP 4 Three » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:25 am

Crazyknicks wrote:I don't believe the Knicks have some sort of edge of Mia, still think Mia is the team to beat in the East and the Knicks have to play tremendous basketball in order to have a chance.

But what I don't agree with is how you can talk up the Celtics and be confident with the way they looked so far?
Knicks are without their second best scorer who provides an interior presence.
Meanwhile KG looks done, Pierce is getting floored ever other week and Rondo still can't shoot. Not to mention you're best clutch shooter is now in Mia.

This statement alone lets me know you have not watched the Celtics at all this season. Leave the discussion to people who watch NBA basketball please.

The guy is averaging 20/10 on 54% per 36 mins. He's still easily better than any big man on the Knicks.
AKFO
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,734

Post#120 » by AKFO » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:32 am

PP 4 Three wrote:
Crazyknicks wrote:I don't believe the Knicks have some sort of edge of Mia, still think Mia is the team to beat in the East and the Knicks have to play tremendous basketball in order to have a chance.

But what I don't agree with is how you can talk up the Celtics and be confident with the way they looked so far?
Knicks are without their second best scorer who provides an interior presence.
Meanwhile KG looks done, Pierce is getting floored ever other week and Rondo still can't shoot. Not to mention you're best clutch shooter is now in Mia.

This statement alone lets me know you have not watched the Celtics at all this season. Leave the discussion to people who watch NBA basketball please.

The guy is averaging 20/10 on 54% per 36 mins. He's still easily better than any big man on the Knicks.

He also says Rondo can't shoot when he's shooting 49 percent on 16-23 foot jumpers. That's 21st in the league of players shooting at least 1 shot a game with at least 10 games played when i checked yesterday.

Return to The General Board