How I view the East

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

PP 4 Three
Banned User
And1: 154

Re: How I view the East 

Post#81 » by PP 4 Three » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:45 pm

Charsace wrote:A lot of posters in this thread are really pathetic. Right now the Knicks hate is running on fumes. Whole bunch of nothing being said.

lol at the Celtics beating the Knicks in the playoffs when the celtics look like crap. They are an old, mediocre offensive team who don't have the ability to play defense like they used to. The Celtics might not even make the playoffs.

Holy **** do people ever learn around here? The Celtics got off to an even worse start last season with worse talent and no bench and they still easily made the Playoffs. We're not the Knicks, we don't completely underachieve and embarrass ourselves year after year.

:lol: Can't wait until the Knicks get smoked early in the Playoffs like usual.
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#82 » by NashtyNas » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:00 pm

NYK_89 wrote:
I_Socrates wrote:That's all you're going to say? Did you even bother reading? Yes. They threw the game away, whether your homer glasses can see that or not. They came out and said quite clearly and frankly, in English, that they had no intention or will to be playing that game at that time with everything that was going on.

Also, no, a regular season game doesn't teach me jack all. That's like me saying.... "didn't last years playoffs tell you, the Knicks aren't beating the Heat." Wait, it's not, because that's playoff's and this is the regular season. Even that would be a ridiculous argument, so imagine how ridiculous your's is.

What are you even , wtf is this whole rant on the playoffs? :lol:. so unrelated
The Knicks clearly showed they have the ability to blow out the heat in the regular season, at the time everyone wanted to use Sandy as an excuse for the blowout and discredit the Knicks. Since then it has become pretty clear that was not just some night where everything went right, we are actually a good team, and the second win against the Heat being by 20+ points without Carmelo obviously should have completely ended this horrible excuse.

Okay, so you're just going to continue to spew the same crap you've been without disputing my points, so there's no discussion to be had here. Playoffs are 'irrelevant' and the regular season is not, got it!

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
KingzAndQueenz
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#83 » by KingzAndQueenz » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:47 pm

From an absolutely unbiased perspective, these are the facts:

Miami Heat will be devastating in the playoffs. They are the champions of last year and will obviously be a whole different monster come postseason especially with a 6th man Ray Allen. That being said, they aren't unbeatable. They don't have Michael Jordan on that squad. They can lose.

Boston Celtics will also be a force in the playoffs. We've seen this time and time again. I definitely think they're weaker than last year, losing Ray Allen and all. But they will undeniably be a tough out.

As far as we know about the Knicks, they have an extremely well constructed team this season, with a gritty head coach, and melo playing like an MVP candidate. We picked up a ton of veterans and had a great offseason. Come playoff time, there is no doubt in my mind they will be a force to be reckoned with. Last year in the playoffs we were playing Dantoni ball. Give the ball to melo and hope he scores us to victory. That ain't the deal this time. With a likely 1-3 seed this year, they aren't losing in the 1st round.

Now the Raptors on the other hand are probably going to the Finals.
NY2k1
Starter
And1: 744

Post#84 » by NY2k1 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:23 pm

PP 4 Three wrote:
Charsace wrote:A lot of posters in this thread are really pathetic. Right now the Knicks hate is running on fumes. Whole bunch of nothing being said.

lol at the Celtics beating the Knicks in the playoffs when the celtics look like crap. They are an old, mediocre offensive team who don't have the ability to play defense like they used to. The Celtics might not even make the playoffs.

Holy **** do people ever learn around here? The Celtics got off to an even worse start last season with worse talent and no bench and they still easily made the Playoffs. We're not the Knicks, we don't completely underachieve and embarrass ourselves year after year.

:lol: Can't wait until the Knicks get smoked early in the Playoffs like usual.

Lol, I hope we play the Celtics. Knicks in 5 :lol:

Even in past years when we sucked, we still gave the Celtics fits, and your team isn't as good as in prior years.

Heat, Bulls (can even change depending on Rose), and even the Nets are better than the Celtics this season.
MaliBrah
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#85 » by MaliBrah » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:29 pm

LJ4pointplay wrote:Stop bringing up past years. We told you guys this team was different before the season started, we said it was different after we beat the Heat, after we started 6-0, and now again, after the season is a quarter over and we are first in the standingsThis isn't the Bulls from past years either, as the Knicks are built for post-season basketball.

Don't have to believe it if you do not want to, but this Knicks team has the ability to win it all, and a lot of people are going to be feeling dumb come playoff time.

what does that even mean lol , the bulls were an excellent rebounding and defensive team , what made them "not built for the playoffs" and what makes the knicks "built for the playoffs" how do you even evaluate being "built for the playoffs" lol
knicksRback
Senior
And1: 33

Post#86 » by knicksRback » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:15 pm

The Heat is 100% not repeating again and they wont make it to the Finals...they are done until next year, its clear that they dont have that same hunger or intensity and thats not something you can just turn on..even Bosh said it himself. The Heat doesnt want any of us
knicksRback
Senior
And1: 33

Post#87 » by knicksRback » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:17 pm

nmabdi28 wrote:
LJ4pointplay wrote:Stop bringing up past years. We told you guys this team was different before the season started, we said it was different after we beat the Heat, after we started 6-0, and now again, after the season is a quarter over and we are first in the standingsThis isn't the Bulls from past years either, as the Knicks are built for post-season basketball.

Don't have to believe it if you do not want to, but this Knicks team has the ability to win it all, and a lot of people are going to be feeling dumb come playoff time.

what does that even mean lol , the bulls were an excellent rebounding and defensive team , what made them "not built for the playoffs" and what makes the knicks "built for the playoffs" how do you even evaluate being "built for the playoffs" lol

A one man team essentially just Derrick Rose..and pointguards today cant take over games in the playoffs like they used too. You stop Derrick Rose you stop the Bulls. This Knicks team is much more diverse then that Chicago Bull team 2 years ago
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#88 » by NashtyNas » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:30 pm

knicksRback wrote:
nmabdi28 wrote:

A one man team essentially just Derrick Rose..and pointguards today cant take over games in the playoffs like they used too. You stop Derrick Rose you stop the Bulls. This Knicks team is much more diverse then that Chicago Bull team 2 years ago

Umm.... Amar'e has yet to play, we don't know how he's going to fit. The only real offensive threat the Knicks have? Melo. Sure, Felton has been playing well and Smith can bomb, but no one is going to make their defensive plans to stop those guys....

Bulls also had players like Deng, Boozer, Noah if you forget (although not all were healthy). So you know what, your point is moot, because if the Bulls were a 'one man team' with Deng and Boozer and Noah as Rose's aides, then the Knicks are DEFINITELY a one man team with Felton, J.R. Smith and the likes. :roll:

Stop being so biased and homerific, and understand that these 2 games you won were regular season games with the Heat playing down to the competition. Man, I hate the Heat, but I'm starting to hate the Knicks even more... their fans are so damn annoying.

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
Fantaxp7
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,596

Post#89 » by Fantaxp7 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:42 pm

This is fun.
TheBigBoss
RealGM
And1: 3,837

Post#90 » by TheBigBoss » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:29 pm

StojkoVrankovic wrote:
Woodsanity wrote:
GYBE wrote:It's going to be so funny to read RealGM after the Celtics beat the Knicks in the playoffs.

Cute.

The Celtics are a horrible match up for the Knicks and have been for years.

What is up with you people? The Knicks have had more turnover with their roster in the last 3 years than probably any team in the NBA, yet you guys keep acting like we had the same team for years. I agree that the Celtics were a tough matchup for the young D'Antoni team we had, but those players and coach are all gone. That's like saying we would lose to the Sixers because they have kind of owned our team the last 2 or 3 years despite the fact that both teams have changed alot since then. I guess the Knicks own the Lakers since we beat them in the Finals twice 40 years ago.
JesusHCoxMd
Analyst
And1: 2,528

Post#91 » by JesusHCoxMd » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:59 pm

Wow Knicks bandwagon this early in the season. Wait until May atleast...
Tien
Banned User
And1: 51

Post#92 » by Tien » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:09 pm

Knicks absolutely need Amar'e and Shumpert to play at a high level to beat the Heat.

This current roster without those 2 won't get it done. Too much scoring needed from 1 individual.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,835

Post#93 » by nykballa2k4 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:11 pm

JesusHCoxMd wrote:Wow Knicks bandwagon this early in the season. Wait until May atleast...

Maybe I have improper context here but...

Are you saying it is wrong for Knicks fans to have cautious optimism about the team after this incredible start?

I mean yea, on this forum each fan is supposed to pound their chest and boast "my team is best" but in all honesty, what could NY do in the first 1/2 of the season to convince you the team is a real contender?
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
What do you think about @kporzee? Karl-Anthony Towns: PorzinGOD does not care or need my opinion for he is a higher life form then all of us.
LJ4pointplay
Knicks Forum GM King
And1: 1,324

Post#94 » by LJ4pointplay » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:25 pm

^^That was my point exactly. Noah, Deng, Boozer are all fine scorers, but the Bulls played over their head in the regular season the last couple of years. This is not a knock on the Bulls, if anything, it is a compliment. However, I always viewed them as an above average team talent-wise that had elite success because of their commitment during the regular season. There is no problem with that, it is a great thing, but there are certain (more talented) teams who have shown that they have the ability to flip the switch come post-season and play with that same intensity.

Others in this thread were comparing the Knicks regular season success (and supposed lack of future playoff success) to that of the Bulls. These posters were the ones that originally suggested that certain teams are built for regular season but not playoffs. I believe there are two ways that a team can be built for regular season but not playoffs. The first is what I mentioned already, year-round commitment and focus but lack of elite talent. The second is the inability to play playoff style basketball, ie slower pace, high intensity defense, have a go-to-scorer. The Bulls arguably fell into the first category. The Knicks fall into neither.
TheBigBoss
RealGM

Post#95 » by TheBigBoss » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:29 pm

Illhavethelary wrote:
NY2k1 wrote:
Illhavethelary wrote:Don't know why Knicks fans think Amare is going to help them. He's goes against everything thats making them good right now, spacing and good defense, neither of which he provides. I do think Shumpert will be another valuable addition though.

Amare will become the team's 2nd option.

Worse comes to worse, he'll come off the bench. But a healthy Amare makes this team even more deeper.

He may become the 2nd option but does it really make the team better offensively? Right now NY is top 2 in offensive efficency. When Amare comes back Melo will have to go back to the 3 where he doesn't play nearly as well. It also messes up spacing. Not to mention the defense probably gets worse. If I were the Knicks I would bring Amare off the bench and let him get most of his minutes at the 5 when Chandler is out. He produced a lot better at the 5 then he did at the 4 last year. I wouldn't mess with NY's starting lineup.

Amare and Melo have played well together when Amare was at the 5 and Melo was at the 4. This is what makes Rasheed Wallace an important piece because he can be a stretch 4 on offense and a 5 on defense. So his ability to hit the outside shot will allow Melo to post up downlow, plus opposing teams wont want their 5 following Sheed out to the 3 point line, so they will keep their 5 at home to guard Amare instead meaning Amare will he a 5 on offense but a 4 on defense, and Melo should have similar spacing to when he plays of.
bronxknicksfan1
Starter
And1: 1,140

Post#96 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:54 pm

Tien wrote:Knicks absolutely need Amar'e and Shumpert to play at a high level to beat the Heat.

This current roster without those 2 won't get it done. Too much scoring needed from 1 individual.

Didn't the last game against the Heat show otherwise?
TheBigBoss
RealGM

Post#97 » by TheBigBoss » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:56 pm

LJ4pointplay wrote:^^That was my point exactly. Noah, Deng, Boozer are all fine scorers, but the Bulls played over their head in the regular season the last couple of years. This is not a knock on the Bulls, if anything, it is a compliment. However, I always viewed them as an above average team talent-wise that had elite success because of their commitment during the regular season. There is no problem with that, it is a great thing, but there are certain (more talented) teams who have shown that they have the ability to flip the switch come post-season and play with that same intensity.

Others in this thread were comparing the Knicks regular season success (and supposed lack of future playoff success) to that of the Bulls. These posters were the ones that originally suggested that certain teams are built for regular season but not playoffs. I believe there are two ways that a team can be built for regular season but not playoffs. The first is what I mentioned already, year-round commitment and focus but lack of elite talent. The second is the inability to play playoff style basketball, ie slower pace, high intensity defense, have a go-to-scorer. The Bulls arguably fell into the first category. The Knicks fall into neither.

Good post. With that said, the biggest difference between the Bulls and Knicks is that this Knicks team has more championship experience than those Bulls teams. Off the top of my head, I can't think of anyone that was in their rotation that had won, only one I can think of was RIP but he wasn't there when they played the Heat.
Tien
Banned User
And1: 51

Post#98 » by Tien » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:22 pm

bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
Tien wrote:Knicks absolutely need Amar'e and Shumpert to play at a high level to beat the Heat.

Please tell me how many 3s Steve Novak made in the playoffs in 2012.

100 million dollar contract players need to play like it.
Rockice_24
Starter
And1: 816

Post#99 » by Rockice_24 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:37 pm

Now for how the East really is. 5 teams (MIA, NYK, BK, BOS, healthy Bulls) are all going to be in a heated battle to make it out of the East. I don't care about where they'll finish record wise, these are the only teams with a real shot to come out of the East.
CrazyKnicks
General Manager
And1: 1,477

Post#100 » by CrazyKnicks » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:41 pm

702Celtics wrote:
The Knicks probably hope they don't play the Celtics in the playoffs. They are too predictable; they surround 4 guys on the perimeter and let whoever is open shoot the 3. All teams have to do is get them off the 3 point line, it's not that tough to solve in a 7 game series.

I don't believe the Knicks have some sort of edge of Mia, still think Mia is the team to beat in the East and the Knicks have to play tremendous basketball in order to have a chance.

But what I don't agree with is how you can talk up the Celtics and be confident with the way they looked so far?
Knicks are without their second best scorer who provides an interior presence.
Meanwhile KG looks done, Pierce is getting floored ever other week and Rondo still can't shoot. Not to mention you're best clutch shooter is now in Mia.

bronxknicksfan1 wrote:

Chi beat Mia in the regular season without Drose. It doesn't mean anything...
Teams tend to underestimate the other team when the other team is missing their best player. Stop putting so much stock into 2 regular season games.
The Rockets blew us out, do you think they can beat us in a 7 game series?
The Knicks are looking good so far but you guys need to stop acting like we're better than Mia until we prove it in the playoffs.

Return to The General Board