How I view the East

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,210

Re: How I view the East 

Post#61 » by Kampuchea » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:25 am

702Celtics wrote:
GYBE wrote:It's going to be so funny to read RealGM after the Celtics beat the Knicks in the playoffs.

:lol:

Man, isn't that the truth. The 3 ball offense won't work in the playoffs. Plus, NY is too old, who knows if Kidd, Wallace, Thomas, Felton, etc. will even be healthy.

I think NY can do it, but having to keep pace with the younger celtics will be a challenge no doubt.
Knickz4life88
Senior
And1: 0

Post#62 » by Knickz4life88 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:25 am

702Celtics wrote:
GYBE wrote:It's going to be so funny to read RealGM after the Celtics beat the Knicks in the playoffs.

Man, isn't that the truth. The 3 ball offense won't work in the playoffs. Plus, NY is too old, who knows if Kidd, Wallace, Thomas, Felton, etc. will even be healthy.

how ironic coming from a celtic fan...who knows if your team will even make the playoffs
NY2k1
Starter
And1: 810

Post#63 » by NY2k1 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:26 am

702Celtics wrote:

Thomas and Wallace haven't played a whole lot of minutes.

Felton is like 28. And only lately has Kidd played a lot of minutes.

The Knicks have had good success on the 3 ball because of passing and finding the open man for the most part. That won't change.

Knicks may not even play the Celtics in the playoffs, so....
702Celtics
Rookie
And1: 20

Post#64 » by 702Celtics » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:35 am

Knickz4life88 wrote:
702Celtics wrote:

how ironic coming from a celtic fan...who knows if your team will even make the playoffs

:-?

Based on what, they're starting to play a lot better.
702Celtics
Rookie
And1: 20

Post#65 » by 702Celtics » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:37 am

NY2k1 wrote:
702Celtics wrote:

Thomas and Wallace haven't played a whole lot of minutes.

Felton is like 28. And only lately has Kidd played a lot of minutes.

The Knicks have had good success on the 3 ball because of passing and finding the open man for the most part. That won't change.

Knicks may not even play the Celtics in the playoffs, so....

The Knicks probably hope they don't play the Celtics in the playoffs. They are too predictable; they surround 4 guys on the perimeter and let whoever is open shoot the 3. All teams have to do is get them off the 3 point line, it's not that tough to solve in a 7 game series.
Illhavethelary
Senior
And1: 93

Post#66 » by Illhavethelary » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:40 am

MozTheMan wrote:
Illhavethelary wrote:

He may become the 2nd option but does it really make the team better offensively? Right now NY is top 2 in offensive efficency. When Amare comes back Melo will have to go back to the 3 where he doesn't play nearly as well. It also messes up spacing. Not to mention the defense probably gets worse. If I were the Knicks I would bring Amare off the bench and let him get most of his minutes at the 5 when Chandler is out. He produced a lot better at the 5 then he did at the 4 last year. I wouldn't mess with NY's starting lineup.

The PnR with Amare > Chandler. Tyson is great at getting alley oops off of it but Amare can either score at the rim or shoot a jumper so it is more effective. The Nets focused in on limiting those Chandler Oops effectively but if they played that way against Amare he would be left for an open jumper.

I agree that Amare is better in the Pick& roll but it won't be as effective unless NY has someone spreading the floor at the 4. Amare played piss poor at the 4 last year posting a 15 PER. At the 5 he posted a 25 PER. That means that Amare sucked playing next to Chandler because he clogged the paint which gave him no space to work with.That's why I said they would be better off just bringing Amare off the bench and letting him play the 5. Because last year he was a negative for NY when he was on the court. NY was + 7.4 points better per 100 when he was off the court.
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,210

Post#67 » by Kampuchea » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:53 am

Illhavethelary wrote:I agree that Amare is better in the Pick& roll but it won't be as effective unless NY has someone spreading the floor at the 4. Amare played piss poor at the 4 last year posting a 15 PER. At the 5 he posted a 25 PER. That means that Amare sucked playing next to Chandler because he clogged the paint which gave him no space to work with.That's why I said they would be better off just bringing Amare off the bench and letting him play the 5. Because last year he was a negative for NY when he was on the court. NY was + 7.4 points better per 100 when he was off the court.

stories indicate that he will come off the bench. Seems like a no-lose situation if they slowly bring him back and figure out how effective the various lineups are.
bronxknicksfan1
Starter
And1: 1,257

Post#68 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:19 pm

702Celtics wrote:
The Knicks probably hope they don't play the Celtics in the playoffs. They are too predictable; they surround 4 guys on the perimeter and let whoever is open shoot the 3. All teams have to do is get them off the 3 point line, it's not that tough to solve in a 7 game series.

If it were that predictable, the Knicks wouldn't be 16-5...
dainfamusgc
RealGM
And1: 131

Post#69 » by dainfamusgc » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:48 pm

702Celtics wrote:

Thats the same thing they said about the mavs...howd that work out.

Honestly dont know y u nyk fans bother on the GB ...the heat r gonna win the next 5 championships i guess we can just cancel the next few seasons.

Cant wait for the heat to get bounced in playoffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,748

Post#70 » by omerome » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:05 pm

This thread is garbage.

Excuses galore....
LJ4pointplay
Knicks Forum GM King
And1: 1,324

Post#71 » by LJ4pointplay » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:21 pm

Stop bringing up past years. We told you guys this team was different before the season started, we said it was different after we beat the Heat, after we started 6-0, and now again, after the season is a quarter over and we are first in the standings. This isn't the Bulls from past years either, as the Knicks are built for post-season basketball.

Don't have to believe it if you do not want to, but this Knicks team has the ability to win it all, and a lot of people are going to be feeling dumb come playoff time.
LJ4pointplay
Knicks Forum GM King
And1: 1,324

Post#72 » by LJ4pointplay » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:24 pm

dainfamusgc wrote:
702Celtics wrote:

Thats the same thing they said about the mavs...howd that work out.

Honestly dont know y u nyk fans bother on the GB ...the heat r gonna win the next 5 championships i guess we can just cancel the next few seasons.

Cant wait for the heat to get bounced in playoffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best part is we want teams to shut down the 3 in the playoffs. Have teams commit to the perimeter and Melo and Amare will eat them alive inside. Plus, this team will win in the playoffs with defense, we don't even have to rely on offense. The Knicks are a complete team, those that do not realize it either are not watching or are blinded by past reputation/their own hatred.
CanadianKnicksFan
Sixth Man
And1: 55

Post#73 » by CanadianKnicksFan » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:31 pm

Why do people always say "playoffs is another story"

It's like people are ignoring we have Jason Kidd, Tyson Chandler and Rasheed Wallace on this team, obviously proven winners.

Then you have guys like Kurt Thomas, Marcus Camby and Amare Stoudemire who have had very deep runs in the playoffs...
CanadianKnicksFan
Sixth Man

Post#74 » by CanadianKnicksFan » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:32 pm

702Celtics wrote:

The 3 ball offense won't work in the playoffs. Plus,

2011 Dallas Mavs say hi.
Charsace
Pro Prospect
And1: 45

Post#75 » by Charsace » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:36 pm

A lot of posters in this thread are really pathetic. Right now the Knicks hate is running on fumes. Whole bunch of nothing being said.

lol at the Celtics beating the Knicks in the playoffs when the celtics look like crap. They are an old, mediocre offensive team who don't have the ability to play defense like they used to. The Celtics might not even make the playoffs.
Archerbro
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,244

Post#76 » by Archerbro » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:37 pm

osamu wrote:Knick fans should talk some notes from the Bulls about regular season victories. They mean *** playoff time

that a playoff series between the heat would be close?

That's what i took out of the bulls heat series in the regular season.
Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,877

Post#77 » by Jose7 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:39 pm

When Tyson Chandler wake up.. trust me, we'll see who the top team in the East is. For those who've watched the Knicks fan and non fans throughout the entire year, you'll know what I'm talking about in regards to Chandler. He hasn't came near to his defensive play from last year and when he does, the Knicks team is gonna be a whole different monster.
BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson
J0rdan4life42o
General Manager
And1: 263

Post#78 » by J0rdan4life42o » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:46 pm

HEAT33 wrote:I have a feeling the Heat might even sweep the Knicks if they meet. I mean they are just horrible in the playoffs and seem to choke all the time. They have won how many games in the playoff in the last 10 years?

How is anything you said relevant to THIS NYK team? They're running a different offense this year, playing at a much slower pace than last year, thriving in the half court, protecting the ball and have an abundance of perimeter threats this year...their defense isn't as stingy as last year, but here are some noteworthy stats...they allow the fewest points in 4th quarters, 4th best in 2nd half points allowed and are top 5 in forced turnovers..

So again, the amount of playoff games previous Knicks teams won isn't relevant when discussing this current Knicks team.
CanadianKnicksFan
Sixth Man

Post#79 » by CanadianKnicksFan » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:48 pm

J0rdan4life42o wrote:
HEAT33 wrote:I have a feeling the Heat might even sweep the Knicks if they meet. I mean they are just horrible in the playoffs and seem to choke all the time. They have won how many games in the playoff in the last 10 years?

How is anything you said relevant to THIS NYK team? They're running a different offense this year, playing at a much slower pace than last year, thriving in the half court, protecting the ball and have an abundance of perimeter threats this year...their defense isn't as stingy as last year, but here are some noteworthy stats...they allow the fewest points in 4th quarters, 4th best in 2nd half points allowed and are top 5 in forced turnovers..

So again, the amount of playoff games previous Knicks teams won isn't relevant when discussing this current Knicks team.

It doesn't matter, only the last 10 years count
NJ_YANKEE_45
Assistant Coach
And1: 111

Post#80 » by NJ_YANKEE_45 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:59 pm

HEAT33 wrote:Obviously the Heat were not playing to there full potential against the Knicks.

Come playoff time, if the Knicks make it to the ECF, they will be exposed badly just like last year.

Considering they lost their entire backcourt last year.....

Sky_Knicks wrote:
markdeez33 wrote:Bargnani is strokin it!!! I'm going nuts in here! Prove them haters wrong, kid

:o

Return to The General Board