How I view the East

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,313

Re: How I view the East 

Post#151 » by JordansBulls » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:01 am

It makes for a much better playoffs with the Knicks as the top seed instead of the Heat IMO.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
MaliBrah
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#152 » by MaliBrah » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:14 am

JordansBulls wrote:It makes for a much better playoffs with the Knicks as the top seed instead of the Heat IMO.

lol what difference does it even make lol
StephNYKurry
General Manager
And1: 2,198

Post#153 » by StephNYKurry » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:43 am

nmabdi28 wrote:
JordansBulls wrote:It makes for a much better playoffs with the Knicks as the top seed instead of the Heat IMO.

Game 6 or 7 with Lebron in the Garden is a different level of epic, especially considering how hungry Knicks fans are/have been for a Champion
What do I care...it's rigged anyway
KingzAndQueenz
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#154 » by KingzAndQueenz » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:07 am

if knicks take the 1st seed watch out. the garden aint no joke anymore
HEAT33
Veteran
And1: 1,396

Post#155 » by HEAT33 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:09 am

Knicks wont win it this year, they are just on a hot start.

Perhaps next year, if the knicks can add another great peice or trade Stat for someone with a heartbeat
EscapoTHB wrote:I think the 92 dream team would get beat by a lot of the top international teams today.

:lol:
MaliBrah
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#156 » by MaliBrah » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:13 am

StephNYKurry wrote:
nmabdi28 wrote:

Game 6 or 7 with Lebron in the Garden is a different level of epic, especially considering how hungry Knicks fans are/have been for a Champion

game 7 miami vs knicks @ MSG would be pretty damn epic
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,884

Post#157 » by blueNorange » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:25 am

StephNYKurry wrote:Game 6 or 7 with Lebron in the Garden is a different level of epic, especially considering how hungry Knicks fans are/have been for a Champion

most don't know how loud the garden can be, and they don't need piped in cheers or the PA to get the crowd going
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
NY2k1
Starter
And1: 744

Post#158 » by NY2k1 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:26 am

HEAT33 wrote:Knicks wont win it this year, they are just on a hot start.

Perhaps next year, if the knicks can add another great peice or trade Stat for someone with a heartbeat

Knicks went 18-6 to finish off last season with Woodson. Yup, clearly a hot streak. :lol:
StojkoVrankovic
RealGM
And1: 9,600

Post#159 » by StojkoVrankovic » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:45 am

NY2k1 wrote:

Knicks went 18-6 to finish off last season with Woodson. Yup, clearly a hot streak. :lol:

You got stomped in the playoffs, that is the only streak that matters.
RIP texas celtic, 12/10/14 - 12/10/14
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#160 » by HEZI » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:56 am

StojkoVrankovic wrote:
NY2k1 wrote:

The depleted Knicks won just as many games against the heat in the playoffs as a healthy thunder team. This even after a controversial game 1 where many feel the refs played a huge part in the heat victory. But it doesn't matter anymore, Knicks got a better team now, LeBron doesn't have a chip on his shoulder anymore and the flopping rules have eliminated the acting and flopping that they used to steal games. It will not be easy for them to repeat, that's for sure.
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
NY2k1
Starter

Post#161 » by NY2k1 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:57 am

StojkoVrankovic wrote:
NY2k1 wrote:

Yeah, we certainly have that EXACT same team that got stomped in the playoffs. :lol:

Celtic fans are the most hilarious on the GB.
Zedders
Sixth Man
And1: 613

Post#162 » by Zedders » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:58 am

I still find it funny when people bring up last year's playoff series against the Heat as proof the Knicks have no shot against them.

Do you remember their rotation in that particular series?
NY2k1
Starter

Post#163 » by NY2k1 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:59 am

Zedders wrote:I still find it funny when people bring up last year's playoff series against the Heat as proof the Knicks have no shot against them.

Lol, don't even bother. Reading some of the posts from certain people in this thread, it's like talking to a brick wall.
HEZI
RealGM

Post#164 » by HEZI » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:00 am

Zedders wrote:I still find it funny when people bring up last year's playoff series against the Heat as proof the Knicks have no shot against them.

It's the only thing they can hang on to at this point. It's sad but funny at the same time.
DENVER NUGGETS
HEZI
RealGM

Post#165 » by HEZI » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:02 am

NY2k1 wrote:

Lol, don't even bother. Reading some of the posts from certain people in this thread, it's like talking to a brick wall.

That would be an insult to the brick wall
DENVER NUGGETS
Mr_Perfect
Head Coach
And1: 2,931

Post#166 » by Mr_Perfect » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:03 am

Not only that, last year's team still deployed the failed Amare-Carmelo tandem.

Now, it's likely Amare and Carmelo will share very little court time together and thus the team will be improved.
TheGarden
Banned User
And1: 1,156

Post#167 » by TheGarden » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:47 am

where do you guys come up with this stuff

1st 4-0 was too early

then 6-0 was too early

the Heat let us win by 20, twice :o

cant keep hitting open 3's

Melo's going to slow down its a given he will slow down while other stars will only get better :lol:

you guys need to give it a rest its not 2005 anymore, the Heat are not as dangerous as they were last year why cant you guys just accept that they wont cake walk to the Finals, its a new day wake up and smell the Garden
HEAT33
Veteran
And1: 1,396

Post#168 » by HEAT33 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:13 am

TheGarden wrote:

where do you guys come up with this stuff

1st 4-0 was too early

then 6-0 was too early

the Heat let us win by 20, twice :o

cant keep hitting open 3's

Melo's going to slow down its a given he will slow down while other stars will only get better :lol:

you guys need to give it a rest its not 2005 anymore, the Heat are not as dangerous as they were last year why cant you guys just accept that they wont cake walk to the Finals, its a new day wake up and smell the Garden

You guys won because of circumstances, the hurricane and then just an off night.

I think 99% of Basketball fans would be shocked if the Knicks pushed the Heat to 7 games. The Knicks are just not on the Heat's level at the moment. its a long season and the Knicks will cool down.
EscapoTHB wrote:I think the 92 dream team would get beat by a lot of the top international teams today.

:lol:
PP 4 Three
Banned User
And1: 154

Post#169 » by PP 4 Three » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:30 am

NY2k1 wrote:
StojkoVrankovic wrote:
NY2k1 wrote:

Yeah, we certainly have that EXACT same team that got stomped in the playoffs. :lol:

Celtic fans are the most hilarious on the GB.

Knick fans are the one's who are hilarious in this thread. Acting all accomplished because you have a good record 20 games into the regular season. But I guess this is all you have to brag about considering your team hasn't had any form of success (regular season or Playoffs) whatsoever in over a decade.
Ursusamericanus
Veteran
And1: 2,462

Post#170 » by Ursusamericanus » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:59 am

Exactly. This team at full strength with Amar'e - presumably with an effective niche - and Shumpert to augment the perimeter defense will be scary. I think a match up with Miami is almost inevitable in the playoffs, and it'll be a much more interesting series than the last one.

HEAT33 wrote:
I think 99% of Basketball fans would be shocked if the Knicks pushed the Heat to 7 games. The Knicks are just not on the Heat's level at the moment. its a long season and the Knicks will cool down.

I completely disagree, especially with the bolded part. I've observed more and more non-Knick fans becoming cognizant of their apparent relevance and talent. The Knicks' roster - as constructed - is seriously deep and armed with a defensive anchor, a marquee scorer who is applying himself defensively, savvy veterans, and shooters. Throw in the fact that they are presently without their second best scorer and rebounder as well as their best perimeter defender and yet more than holding their own with a 16-5 record... come on now, hard to deny that this team is for real. Definitely has the make up of a team that can go far in the postseason, which is something we haven't been able to say about NYK in a long, long time.

Miami has the best player in the world - no doubt - but I'd caution you not to dismiss the Knicks so flippantly. Torrid shooting doesn't necessarily last but the way they take care of the ball and force turnovers indicates a well-coached, disciplined squad.

Return to The General Board