How I view the East

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Mr_Perfect
Head Coach
And1: 2,931

Re: How I view the East 

Post#166 » by Mr_Perfect » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:03 am

Not only that, last year's team still deployed the failed Amare-Carmelo tandem.

Now, it's likely Amare and Carmelo will share very little court time together and thus the team will be improved.
TheGarden
Banned User
And1: 1,156

Post#167 » by TheGarden » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:47 am

HEAT33 wrote:Knicks wont win it this year, they are just on a hot start.

Perhaps next year, if the knicks can add another great peice or trade Stat for someone with a heartbeat

where do you guys come up with this stuff

1st 4-0 was too early

then 6-0 was too early

the Heat let us win by 20, twice :o

cant keep hitting open 3's

Melo's going to slow down its a given he will slow down while other stars will only get better :lol:

you guys need to give it a rest its not 2005 anymore, the Heat are not as dangerous as they were last year why cant you guys just accept that they wont cake walk to the Finals, its a new day wake up and smell the Garden
HEAT33
Veteran
And1: 1,396

Post#168 » by HEAT33 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:13 am

TheGarden wrote:

Perhaps next year, if the knicks can add another great peice or trade Stat for someone with a heartbeat

1st 4-0 was too early

then 6-0 was too early

Melo's going to slow down its a given he will slow down while other stars will only get better :lol:

you guys need to give it a rest its not 2005 anymore, the Heat are not as dangerous as they were last year why cant you guys just accept that they wont cake walk to the Finals, its a new day wake up and smell the Garden

You guys won because of circumstances, the hurricane and then just an off night.

I think 99% of Basketball fans would be shocked if the Knicks pushed the Heat to 7 games. The Knicks are just not on the Heat's level at the moment. its a long season and the Knicks will cool down.
EscapoTHB wrote:I think the 92 dream team would get beat by a lot of the top international teams today.

:lol:
PP 4 Three
Banned User
And1: 154

Post#169 » by PP 4 Three » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:30 am

NY2k1 wrote:
StojkoVrankovic wrote:
NY2k1 wrote:
Knicks went 18-6 to finish off last season with Woodson. Yup, clearly a hot streak. :lol:

You got stomped in the playoffs, that is the only streak that matters.

Yeah, we certainly have that EXACT same team that got stomped in the playoffs. :lol:

Celtic fans are the most hilarious on the GB.

Knick fans are the one's who are hilarious in this thread. Acting all accomplished because you have a good record 20 games into the regular season. But I guess this is all you have to brag about considering your team hasn't had any form of success (regular season or Playoffs) whatsoever in over a decade.
Ursusamericanus
Veteran
And1: 2,556

Post#170 » by Ursusamericanus » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:59 am

Zedders wrote:I still find it funny when people bring up last year's playoff series against the Heat as proof the Knicks have no shot against them.

Do you remember their rotation in that particular series?

Exactly. This team at full strength with Amar'e - presumably with an effective niche - and Shumpert to augment the perimeter defense will be scary. I think a match up with Miami is almost inevitable in the playoffs, and it'll be a much more interesting series than the last one.

HEAT33 wrote:
I think 99% of Basketball fans would be shocked if the Knicks pushed the Heat to 7 games. The Knicks are just not on the Heat's level at the moment. its a long season and the Knicks will cool down.

I completely disagree, especially with the bolded part. I've observed more and more non-Knick fans becoming cognizant of their apparent relevance and talent. The Knicks' roster - as constructed - is seriously deep and armed with a defensive anchor, a marquee scorer who is applying himself defensively, savvy veterans, and shooters. Throw in the fact that they are presently without their second best scorer and rebounder as well as their best perimeter defender and yet more than holding their own with a 16-5 record... come on now, hard to deny that this team is for real. Definitely has the make up of a team that can go far in the postseason, which is something we haven't been able to say about NYK in a long, long time.

Miami has the best player in the world - no doubt - but I'd caution you not to dismiss the Knicks so flippantly. Torrid shooting doesn't necessarily last but the way they take care of the ball and force turnovers indicates a well-coached, disciplined squad.
DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Post#171 » by DowNY » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:04 am

HEAT33 wrote:
TheGarden wrote:

1st 4-0 was too early

then 6-0 was too early

You guys won because of circumstances, the hurricane and then just an off night.

Ignorant. I wouldn't be shocked at all. I would expect the Knicks to actually win the series if it gets to 7 games.
PetroNet
Banned User
And1: 136

Post#172 » by PetroNet » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:56 pm

Illhavethelary wrote:Don't know why Knicks fans think Amare is going to help them. He's goes against everything thats making them good right now, spacing and good defense, neither of which he provides. I do think Shumpert will be another valuable addition though.

exactly. him going down early was the best thing that could have happened to the knicks. shumpert should have more of an impact... but even him not starting the season on time helped, as it allowed kidd to start big minutes which really helps that offense flow.

i think shump will help and they will give amare mintues off the bench but he wont be much of a factor.
PetroNet
Banned User

Post#173 » by PetroNet » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:57 pm

702Celtics wrote:
GYBE wrote:It's going to be so funny to read RealGM after the Celtics beat the Knicks in the playoffs.

Man, isn't that the truth. The 3 ball offense won't work in the playoffs. Plus, NY is too old, who knows if Kidd, Wallace, Thomas, Felton, etc. will even be healthy.

lol @ a celtics fan calling the knicks "old".

also, boston has a ton of issues. if their won age catches up to them they may not even make the playoffs. or fizzle otu due to fatigue with a low seed
NY2k1
Starter
And1: 776

Post#174 » by NY2k1 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:59 pm

PetroNet wrote:
Illhavethelary wrote:Don't know why Knicks fans think Amare is going to help them. He's goes against everything thats making them good right now, spacing and good defense, neither of which he provides. I do think Shumpert will be another valuable addition though.

exactly. him going down early was the best thing that could have happened to the knicks. shumpert should have more of an impact... but even him not starting the season on time helped, as it allowed kidd to start big minutes which really helps that offense flow.

i think shump will help and they will give amare mintues off the bench but he wont be much of a factor.

Not much of a factor?

Amare will slide in and become the 2nd option, bumping down others.
PetroNet
Banned User

Post#175 » by PetroNet » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:05 pm

PP 4 Three wrote:Holy **** do people ever learn around here? The Celtics got off to an even worse start last season with worse talent and no bench and they still easily made the Playoffs. We're not the Knicks, we don't completely underachieve and embarrass ourselves year after year.

:lol: Can't wait until the Knicks get smoked early in the Playoffs like usual.

its not about talent its about the mix and the fit. Celtics have a major issue rebounding the ball. that sint going to magically go away. And when garnett has to go to the bench that problem gets even worse, AND you cant protect the rim.

The celtics can be pushed around. we have teams time and again kill them on the offensive glass and get a ton fo points in the paint on them.

Last year is a bad example, celtics went on a run after moving KG to the 5. This year, KG is already at the 5, and they are still struggling. They though green would be better equipped to play the 4. he isnt. you also have to factor in 82 games vs. 66. Ray allen might not be nearly as good as Terry at this point, but his style mixed perfectly. Jet is more of an on ball guy. allen was a maestro off the ball and they had so many plays that worked of that garnett baseline screen.

Pierce, while he is playing well, i just dont think he will be able to sustain it for 82+ games.
PetroNet
Banned User

Post#176 » by PetroNet » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:12 pm

NY2k1 wrote:
PetroNet wrote:

Not much of a factor?

Amare will slide in and become the 2nd option, bumping down others.

taking a 3 point shooter out of the lineup, ruinign chemistry, bumping carmello to the 3 spot. i dont see that helping. just adding a good scorer doesnt automatically make your offense better. i would think a knicks fan of all people would see that. right now your spacing, having caremllo at the 4, and having 3 guys who move the ball out there are all major reasons for that success.

amare off the bench might help. but i dont think its a major contribution
DreDay
General Manager
And1: 3,212

Post#177 » by DreDay » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:14 pm

Knicks look good now, but come playoff time I expect Kidd, Wallace, Camby to all be ineffective due to age and the long season.
Xekana
Senior
And1: 12

Post#178 » by Xekana » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:47 pm

I was gonna reply to some post, but its a lost cause at this point.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Ursusamericanus
Veteran
And1: 2,556

Post#179 » by Ursusamericanus » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:21 am

PetroNet wrote:
amare off the bench might help. but i dont think its a major contribution

He'll give Melo immense relief in terms of the scoring load and the Knicks' reliance on him in general. Having a legitimate second go-to scorer (as in, not Felton) who can put the ball in the cup at an efficient rate and score inside and from mid-range will be huge for New York. The Knicks certainly can hold their own when Melo's out but having Amar'e will make them that much more complete. And of course Shumpert as a defensive ace on the perimeter will turn out nicely.
PP 4 Three
Banned User
And1: 154

Post#180 » by PP 4 Three » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:57 am

PetroNet wrote:
702Celtics wrote:
GYBE wrote:It's going to be so funny to read RealGM after the Celtics beat the Knicks in the playoffs.

Man, isn't that the truth. The 3 ball offense won't work in the playoffs. Plus, NY is too old, who knows if Kidd, Wallace, Thomas, Felton, etc. will even be healthy.

lol @ a celtics fan calling the knicks "old".

also, boston has a ton of issues. if their won age catches up to them they may not even make the playoffs. or fizzle otu due to fatigue with a low seed

The Knicks are older than the Celtics. That is a fact.

And LMFAO @ the Celtics not making the Playoffs. They have the same record as your Nets and they are yet to even put together a complete game of basketball since the season started. Not to mention they played the entire season so far without their starting SG (and the same guy who helped turn around their season last year when he replaced Ray).

If you think there's a chance the Celtics will miss the Playoffs, you're an idiot. Pure and simple.
Knicks2DaHouse
Junior
And1: 100

Post#181 » by Knicks2DaHouse » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:24 am

except we're the best team in the league but w/e
On Krylyo Fesenko:

k-lynch20 "Excited about this, I like his game and serviceable bigs are very hard to come by."

Rj1790 "love this pickup! Its been a while since the Warriors had 3 official centers."
raptorsfan24
Banned User
And1: 794

Post#182 » by raptorsfan24 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:31 am

SMAC-K wrote:
The depleted Knicks won just as many games against the heat in the playoffs as a healthy thunder team. This even after a controversial game 1 where many feel the refs played a huge part in the heat victory. But it doesn't matter anymore, Knicks got a better team now, LeBron doesn't have a chip on his shoulder anymore and the flopping rules have eliminated the acting and flopping that they used to steal games. It will not be easy for them to repeat, that's for sure.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: U guys lost by 33 points a few calls going towards miami didn't lose u that game
tracey_nice
Analyst
And1: 274

Post#183 » by tracey_nice » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:46 am

knicksRback wrote:The Heat is 100% not repeating again and they wont make it to the Finals...they are done until next year, its clear that they dont have that same hunger or intensity and thats not something you can just turn on..even Bosh said it himself. The Heat doesnt want any of us

LOL. < 3 knicks fans. raptors have won more playoff games in the last decade. #neverforget
KnicksFTW
Bench Warmer
And1: 447

Post#184 » by KnicksFTW » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:58 am

Do Knick fans even take this man seriously? All he does is troll.

He's the same dude that said the Knicks won't make the playoffs. Cmon son.
GratefulDead
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#185 » by GratefulDead » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:34 am

I thought the Knicks weren't gonna make the playoffs?

Return to The General Board