Rasheed Wallace is 6 assists shy...

Moderators: Morten Jensen, Blame Rasho, magnumt, tsherkin, Flash3, UGA Hayes, Yuri Vaultin, Mark K, Doctor MJ, NO-KG-AI

User avatar
boogie-reke
Head Coach
Posts: 6,890
And1: 228
Joined: Nov 05, 2010
   

Rasheed Wallace is 6 assists shy... 

Post#1 » by boogie-reke » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:06 pm

Of being the 2nd player in NBA history to total atleast :

15,000 points
5,000 rebounds
2,000 assists
1,000 blocks
1,000 steals
1,000 3pt made

I thought it was a pretty cool stat to know - one of the most unique skill-sets to ever play the game.

Clifford Robinson was the only player to ever achieve that btw - and Dirk is exactly 74 steals shy of joining that group as well.

6 more assists and he'll also be the 12th man in NBA history to ever record the same feat minus the 3pt made, joining the formidable group of :

Hakeem Olajuwon, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Karl Malone, Kevin Garnett, Patrick Ewing, Julius Erving, David Robinson, Chris Webber, Robert Parish, Jack Sikma, and obviously Clifford Robinson.
“Its my 2nd year of losing and Im not trying to get used to this.I didnt want to get use to it last year.I had enough of it. Its time to turn it around”
-DeMarcus Cousins

“Rookie or not- Im not letting anybody relax"
-Thomas Robinson
User avatar
BizGilwalker
RealGM
Posts: 25,190
And1: 2,860
Joined: Feb 05, 2012
Location: #biznation
     

Re: Rasheed Wallace is 6 assists shy... 

Post#2 » by BizGilwalker » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:10 pm

Sheed is the only player to ever achieve the 1,000 techs in a career as well. Definitely one of the most well-rounded players in league history.

*Note: numbers might be slightly off.
fatlever wrote:Lamb Gang logic - Kemba Walker is faking his injury as his way of a silent protest against not trading for Lamb. You guys are officially off the rails.
:lol:
User avatar
MrBigShot
Head Coach
Posts: 6,623
And1: 1,498
Joined: Dec 18, 2010

Re: Rasheed Wallace is 6 assists shy... 

Post#3 » by MrBigShot » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:10 pm

Just goes to show you how versatile of a player he was. I've always said he had the talent to be an all time great bigman, but he's still had a pretty damn good career. Took the pistons to another level and now he's bringing intensity and defense to the Knicks.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
User avatar
putyouonthegame
Senior
Posts: 669
And1: 20
Joined: Nov 09, 2011

Re: Rasheed Wallace is 6 assists shy... 

Post#4 » by putyouonthegame » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:34 pm

great player. great talent. great character.

"ball don't lie"
DEEP3CL wrote:All you haters better celebrate now, cause it won't last. When it starts to click this board will be crickets like it was in 2009 and 2010 on a nightly basis.
Goldtop
Banned User
Posts: 4,941
And1: 163
Joined: Dec 17, 2011

Re: Rasheed Wallace is 6 assists shy... 

Post#5 » by Goldtop » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:46 pm

Rick Carlisle was right when he called Rasheed a "suped-up Cliff Robinson".
User avatar
spudwebb
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,880
And1: 2,186
Joined: Nov 24, 2005
 

Re: Rasheed Wallace is 6 assists shy... 

Post#6 » by spudwebb » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:01 pm

Man, I think about Rasheed a lot when I see him play. So disappointing what he could have been.

Remember him back in Carolina just playing video games (arcade at that time all day). Didn't work at all. Basketball just came naturally to him. No motivation, no work ethic.

Out of the 3 ACC freshmen bigs: Joe Smith, Tim Duncan and Sheed--Sheed was by far the most talented. Joe Smith rocked that year. Sheed left after his freshman year. Duncan was just raw but really developed in 4 years in into one of the greatest ever.

If Sheed had Duncan's work ethic and mindset, he probably would be greatest power forward to play the game -- bar none.
NY2k1
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,603
And1: 76
Joined: Dec 20, 2011

Re: Rasheed Wallace is 6 assists shy... 

Post#7 » by NY2k1 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:22 pm

spudwebb wrote:Man, I think about Rasheed a lot when I see him play. So disappointing what he could have been.

Remember him back in Carolina just playing video games (arcade at that time all day). Didn't work at all. Basketball just came naturally to him. No motivation, no work ethic.

Out of the 3 ACC freshmen bigs: Joe Smith, Tim Duncan and Sheed--Sheed was by far the most talented. Joe Smith rocked that year. Sheed left after his freshman year. Duncan was just raw but really developed in 4 years in into one of the greatest ever.

If Sheed had Duncan's work ethic and mindset, he probably would be greatest power forward to play the game -- bar none.


Sheed still had a pretty damn great career, though.
User avatar
LLJ
RealGM
Posts: 39,361
And1: 3,309
Joined: Jul 10, 2003
Location: Unfixed

Re: Rasheed Wallace is 6 assists shy... 

Post#8 » by LLJ » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:26 pm

Horry might have made this list if he was ever on a bad team and had to be bumped up to 1st or 2nd option.
User avatar
RutgersBJJ
General Manager
Posts: 8,750
And1: 119
Joined: Oct 05, 2008

Re: Rasheed Wallace is 6 assists shy... 

Post#9 » by RutgersBJJ » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:45 pm

Has anybody's career ever been hurt more by the existence of a 3-point line to temp him with fool's gold than Sheed?

Great post player, and imagine how good he would have been if he had no temptation to ever leave the post...
RIP Jared Jeffries. Gone but never forgotten...2006-2012
User avatar
boogie-reke
Head Coach
Posts: 6,890
And1: 228
Joined: Nov 05, 2010
   

Re: Rasheed Wallace is 6 assists shy... 

Post#10 » by boogie-reke » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:46 pm

LLJ wrote:Horry might have made this list if he was ever on a bad team and had to be bumped up to 1st or 2nd option.


Nice spot.

I think he surely would have.

Shawn Marion should probably be able to make the list or atleast be very close to it aswell, I'd assume by now he's only short on 3pt made - can't be by that much either.
“Its my 2nd year of losing and Im not trying to get used to this.I didnt want to get use to it last year.I had enough of it. Its time to turn it around”
-DeMarcus Cousins

“Rookie or not- Im not letting anybody relax"
-Thomas Robinson
User avatar
NaturalThunder
Starter
Posts: 2,098
And1: 298
Joined: Jun 13, 2012
     

Re: Rasheed Wallace is 6 assists shy... 

Post#11 » by NaturalThunder » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:00 pm

MrBigShot wrote:Just goes to show you how versatile of a player he was. I've always said he had the talent to be an all time great bigman, but he's still had a pretty damn good career. Took the pistons to another level and now he's bringing intensity and defense to the Knicks.

Yeah, in my opnion he had the talent and skills to be in that Duncan/KG/Dirk group. When the "good" Sheed showed up, he could not only carry a team offensively, but anchor the defense at an elite level. While it's a shame he never lived up to his full potential, he was still a lot of fun to watch.
GetItDone wrote:Durant continues to be the most overrated player in basketball.
Once again disappears in the 4th. On paper it looks like he played good, but he wasn't anything great. When defenses get tighter Durant gets exposed. He can't do much besides shoot jumpers.
User avatar
Martin
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,764
And1: 10
Joined: Jan 28, 2004
         

Re: Rasheed Wallace is 6 assists shy... 

Post#12 » by Martin » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:08 pm

CHA_77_Bobcats wrote:Sheed is the only player to ever achieve the 1,000 techs in a career as well. Definitely one of the most well-rounded players in league history.

*Note: numbers might be slightly off.


Actually he has 317 technical fouls, good for 3rd all-time behind Karl Malone and Charles Barkley. Jerry Sloan has the most if you combine his playing days and coaching time technical fouls.
User avatar
JustAwesome
Analyst
Posts: 3,712
And1: 77
Joined: Nov 15, 2009
Contact:

Re: Rasheed Wallace is 6 assists shy... 

Post#13 » by JustAwesome » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:45 pm

The league needs more versatile role players like Robinson. He was able to play both forward spots and handle minutes at center.
Roscoe Sheed
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,485
And1: 216
Joined: May 01, 2007
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Rasheed Wallace is 6 assists shy... 

Post#14 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:00 am

spudwebb wrote:Man, I think about Rasheed a lot when I see him play. So disappointing what he could have been.

Remember him back in Carolina just playing video games (arcade at that time all day). Didn't work at all. Basketball just came naturally to him. No motivation, no work ethic.

Out of the 3 ACC freshmen bigs: Joe Smith, Tim Duncan and Sheed--Sheed was by far the most talented. Joe Smith rocked that year. Sheed left after his freshman year. Duncan was just raw but really developed in 4 years in into one of the greatest ever.

If Sheed had Duncan's work ethic and mindset, he probably would be greatest power forward to play the game -- bar none.

actually, Sheed played 2 seasons at UNC

I agree that Sheed is somewhat lazy and would have been a much better player if there was no 3 point line. However, I don't think Sheed has no work ethic. Almost all experts agree he has a very high basketball IQ. He couldn't have got that without playing a lot of basketball and thinking through the game.
Roscoe Sheed
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,485
And1: 216
Joined: May 01, 2007
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Rasheed Wallace is 6 assists shy... 

Post#15 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:01 am

Goldtop wrote:Rick Carlisle was right when he called Rasheed a "suped-up Cliff Robinson".

the main differences are that Sheed was a better defensive player than Robinson and has a much better post game. Granted, Sheed doesn't use his post moves enough- but he has all of the skills on the block
TheToothFairy
Banned User
Posts: 6,121
And1: 292
Joined: Jun 27, 2011
Location: Under Your Pillow

Re: Rasheed Wallace is 6 assists shy... 

Post#16 » by TheToothFairy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:21 am

boogie-reke wrote:Of being the 2nd player in NBA history to total atleast :

15,000 points
5,000 rebounds
2,000 assists
1,000 blocks
1,000 steals
1,000 3pt made

I thought it was a pretty cool stat to know - one of the most unique skill-sets to ever play the game.

Clifford Robinson was the only player to ever achieve that btw - and Dirk is exactly 74 steals shy of joining that group as well.

6 more assists and he'll also be the 12th man in NBA history to ever record the same feat minus the 3pt made, joining the formidable group of :

Hakeem Olajuwon, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Karl Malone, Kevin Garnett, Patrick Ewing, Julius Erving, David Robinson, Chris Webber, Robert Parish, Jack Sikma, and obviously Clifford Robinson.



I am surprised this list is so small

I guess Pippen didn't have nough Blocks

KG Not enough 3's

I expect Marion to be somewhere around here

Wonder if Lebron and Wade have enough Blks

Maybe Josh Smith and Gay can make this list?


Awesome Job Sheed!
TheToothFairy
Banned User
Posts: 6,121
And1: 292
Joined: Jun 27, 2011
Location: Under Your Pillow

Re: Rasheed Wallace is 6 assists shy... 

Post#17 » by TheToothFairy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:23 am

Marion needs 297 3's and 93 assists
TheToothFairy
Banned User
Posts: 6,121
And1: 292
Joined: Jun 27, 2011
Location: Under Your Pillow

Re: Rasheed Wallace is 6 assists shy... 

Post#18 » by TheToothFairy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:28 am

Kobe would need 402 Blks :)
TheToothFairy
Banned User
Posts: 6,121
And1: 292
Joined: Jun 27, 2011
Location: Under Your Pillow

Re: Rasheed Wallace is 6 assists shy... 

Post#19 » by TheToothFairy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:33 am

Lebron needs 55 3's. And 403 Blks
garrick
Starter
Posts: 2,369
And1: 23
Joined: Dec 02, 2006

Re: Rasheed Wallace is 6 assists shy... 

Post#20 » by garrick » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:14 am

LLJ wrote:Horry might have made this list if he was ever on a bad team and had to be bumped up to 1st or 2nd option.

Nah, he was traded to the Suns and didn't exactly put up all star numbers during his short stint there. I think he just didn't have the mentality to be the man otherwise he wouldn't have pouted after being traded to a Suns team where he could have really stepped up and carried the team.

Return to The General Board