Rasheed Wallace is 6 assists shy...

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Ursusamericanus
Veteran
And1: 2,558

Re: Rasheed Wallace is 6 assists shy... 

Post#41 » by Ursusamericanus » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:57 pm

Wouldn't be surprised to see LeBron and Durant join this club as well.

In any case, you've got to tip your hat to Sheed. There was definitely untapped potential left in his career which many lament, yet he still has had a standout presence in the league. Just is a testament to his unique natural talent.
Jase
RealGM
And1: 158

Post#42 » by Jase » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:46 pm

LLJ wrote:Horry might have made this list if he was ever on a bad team and had to be bumped up to 1st or 2nd option.

Here we go. :roll:
"A winner listens. A loser just waits until it's their turn to talk."
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,210

Post#43 » by LLJ » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:57 pm

Jase wrote:
LLJ wrote:Horry might have made this list if he was ever on a bad team and had to be bumped up to 1st or 2nd option.

Here we go. :roll:

Hey, I'm not saying he would have been able to handle taking a bigger load. I'm just saying that it's possible if he were to average 14-16 ppg for a multiple year stretch he might have been able to get on this list. The assists, rebounds, steals and blocks already make the cut, check his numbers. He's only missing points and 3 pt FGM. He's 205 treys away from 1000. A few more jacks per season might have been able to do it. Points would be tricky though. He would have to average about 1000 points a season (roughly 14 ppg) for at least an extra 6 seasons to have a shot at 15000 points though.
The Main Event
Assistant Coach
And1: 576

Post#44 » by The Main Event » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:31 pm

spudwebb wrote:Man, I think about Rasheed a lot when I see him play.

So you think about Rasheed Wallace when you see Rasheed Wallace play. Makes sense.
"A particular shot or way of moving the ball can be a player's personal signature, but efficiency of performance is what wins the game for the team."
- Pat Riley
EddieJonesFan
Starter
And1: 438

Post#45 » by EddieJonesFan » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:33 pm

And why are those particular combination of numbers significant?
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,210

Post#46 » by LLJ » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:35 pm

EddieJonesFan wrote:And why are those particular combination of numbers significant?

Big men who shoot threes and play defence are interesting? :dontknow:
jimmywolfrey
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#47 » by jimmywolfrey » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:10 pm

Seriously you need an answer on why a big man who can shoot outside and play interior defense and rebound is significant??
Kwame Brown is servicable, get over it.
JustinSane
Bench Warmer
And1: 62

Post#48 » by JustinSane » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:35 pm

RutgersBJJ wrote:Has anybody's career ever been hurt more by the existence of a 3-point line to temp him with fool's gold than Sheed?

Great post player, and imagine how good he would have been if he had no temptation to ever leave the post...

I think this is a misconception. I didn't miss too many games when he was with the Pistons, and while his post game was completely unguardable (there was no blocking his turnaround jump shot), it was not that high percentage of a shot. He may actually have been more valuable as a stretch 4.
Dear Leader
Banned User
And1: 381

Post#49 » by Dear Leader » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:54 pm

Ball don't lie
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,380

Post#50 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:55 pm

JustinSane wrote:
RutgersBJJ wrote:Has anybody's career ever been hurt more by the existence of a 3-point line to temp him with fool's gold than Sheed?

Great post player, and imagine how good he would have been if he had no temptation to ever leave the post...

I think this is a misconception. I didn't miss too many games when he was with the Pistons, and while his post game was completely unguardable (there was no blocking his turnaround jump shot), it was not that high percentage of a shot. He may actually have been more valuable as a stretch 4.

Sheed has more to his post game than just the turnaround- he has a a good hook shot and drop step move. I think the most valid criticism of Sheed is that he doesn't post up enough- there isn't a post skill that he doesn't have and he is long enough to get his shot off over almost anybody
Damon_3388
Sixth Man
And1: 1,056

Post#51 » by Damon_3388 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:54 am

Dogen wrote:

Arguably, Antoine Walker.

I don't think it's arguable at all. It's fact. Walker had some of the worst shot selection of any "star" in recent memory, and was one of the least efficient scorers of all time considering the volume of shots he took.

Stupid thing was, coaches got conned into voting him into All-Star teams when he was shooting below 40% from the field and jacking up 8 threes a game. His numbers were massively inflated at his peak by playing 41-42 minutes a night.
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#52 » by pacers33granger » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:03 am

Roscoe Sheed wrote:
JustinSane wrote:

Sheed has more to his post game than just the turnaround- he has a a good hook shot and drop step move. I think the most valid criticism of Sheed is that he doesn't post up enough- there isn't a post skill that he doesn't have and he is long enough to get his shot off over almost anybody

During the Knicks and Heat game this year he was abusing the Heat down low for a short period of time and at that point hadn't even played much this season + the 2 years off. Granted the Heat post D is one of their weaknesses, but there's not many bigs in the whole league that that.

Sheed's problem likely also stemmed from the teams he was on in his career. Young teams that weren't expected to win where he was the star, so he could chuck threes if he wanted and it was just chalked up to being young. Then deep teams where he could play a niche role being a stretch 4 and facilitating from the post when need be. No team he was on ever really needed him to dominate the post to win. The young ones weren't expected to win and the deep teams had multiple threats and won more by committee.

Return to The General Board