The Rockets should just trade Lin

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

carayip
Rookie
And1: 17

Re: The Rockets should just trade Lin 

Post#181 » by carayip » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:27 am

Some coaches are just horrible dealing with certain types of players. I hate watching talent getting wasted because coaches want the players to fit into his system instead of building a system that fit his players and then turn his players to turn into something they are not. I am not saying McHale is a bad coach overall. But even good coaches like Hollins failed with guys like OJ Mayo. I think a swap of Collison for Lin would benefit both Dallas and Houston. Collison would be better as a better spot up shooter in McHale's system while Carlise is very good getting the best out of his combo guards like Lin.
rockmanslim
General Manager
And1: 5,266

Post#182 » by rockmanslim » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:44 am

McHale: "Toney's been fantastic. And I'll tell you what, Jeremy had a really good 3rd quarter. You know, so I'm thinking, ok, I'm gonna go back to Jeremy. Maybe play Jeremy and Toney a little bit together, you know. But then Toney started playing so good, I was like, 'Man!' So I just let him go."

2:17

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_O88uVHbm4[/youtube]
click

"Harden's a guy that averages 26 in the NBA, but if he was on the playground with you he'd only average about 5 because they wouldn't let him get those free throws." --Scott Hastings, April 6, 2013

Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,328

Post#183 » by Dr Aki » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:51 pm

TMU wrote:
Aki wrote:lin and parsons (+money filler) for gasol straight up

If Pau Gasol is that valuable/good why the hell do you Lakers fan always criticize him for all your losses?

cos hes too slow to play the 4 and he can't shoot well enough from 18-22 ft.

you would think that playing center would get his mojo back
Durant Durant
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,094

Post#184 » by Durant Durant » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:33 pm

Seems like McHale hates his starting PGs and has a soft spot for backups. Like it or not he's sending the wrong message to Lin. That i have little confidence in you and i don't want you to learn and develop by winning games with your help. Hope Rockets trade Lin.
No no yes yes
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#185 » by Cigamodnalro » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:09 pm

We'll give ya Jameer Nelson and that Denver pick for him ;)
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,324

Post#186 » by Shem » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:46 pm

Okay, 13 pages so far so I don't know if this was brought up, but it would be very hard to trade Lin with his back loaded contract which is what scared the Knicks off from matching the offer sheet. And given how the luxury tax is going to be, I seriously doubt any team would be crazy enough to take on Lin's contract. He's stuck with the Rockets until his contract runs out.
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
RolloTommasi
Bench Warmer
And1: 194

Post#187 » by RolloTommasi » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:46 pm

DESTROYED by Jose Calderon
LarsV8
General Manager
And1: 3,881

Post#188 » by LarsV8 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:52 pm

Shem wrote:Okay, 13 pages so far so I don't know if this was brought up, but it would be very hard to trade Lin with his back loaded contract which is what scared the Knicks off from matching the offer sheet. And given how the luxury tax is going to be, I seriously doubt any team would be crazy enough to take on Lin's contract. He's stuck with the Rockets until his contract runs out.

It wasn't brought up because its not a real issue.

Lin's cap hit is 8 / 8 / 8

There are no back loaded tax consequence in any shape or form.
thelastpope
Pro Prospect
And1: 607

Post#189 » by thelastpope » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:57 pm

carayip wrote:Some coaches are just horrible dealing with certain types of players. I hate watching talent getting wasted because coaches want the players to fit into his system instead of building a system that fit his players and then turn his players to turn into something they are not. I am not saying McHale is a bad coach overall. But even good coaches like Hollins failed with guys like OJ Mayo. I think a swap of Collison for Lin would benefit both Dallas and Houston. Collison would be better as a better spot up shooter in McHale's system while Carlise is very good getting the best out of his combo guards like Lin.

Yes Plz :D
thelastpope
Pro Prospect
And1: 607

Post#190 » by thelastpope » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:08 pm

RolloTommasi wrote:DESTROYED by Jose Calderon

Calderon was hitting Js in Lin's face , but most of his AST were in the paint because Houstons interior D was terrible with so many bad rotations

Can somebody tell me how Harden allows a backup SG(Anderson) to score 24 on him

Parsons got beatup by DeRozan

Why Houston lost

Houston 14 AST

Toronto 29 AST

HARDEN HERO BALL DOESNT WIN MANY GAMES :wink:
Fran Vasquez
Rookie
And1: 95

Post#191 » by Fran Vasquez » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:09 pm

calderonsanity!
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#192 » by thamadkant » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:09 pm

Lin with Harden and without him is like day and night.

SMH Rockets....

If I was GM, I'd look for a catch and shoot PG to pair with Harden... and allow Lin to be "Parker" lite that he has potential to be.
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,843

Post#193 » by inquisitive » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:11 pm

Raptors were just hot, Calderon and Anderson was scoring over all the Rockets...they just played alot better.

Lin is just going to have to deal with playing together with Harden cause Harden isn't going anywhere...time will tell and they have lots of time.
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
Rapcity_11
RealGM
And1: 9,535

Post#194 » by Rapcity_11 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:11 pm

LarsV8 wrote:
Shem wrote:Okay, 13 pages so far so I don't know if this was brought up, but it would be very hard to trade Lin with his back loaded contract which is what scared the Knicks off from matching the offer sheet. And given how the luxury tax is going to be, I seriously doubt any team would be crazy enough to take on Lin's contract. He's stuck with the Rockets until his contract runs out.

Really? I've never heard that. Do you have proof?
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,843

Post#195 » by inquisitive » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:14 pm

Rapcity_11 wrote:
LarsV8 wrote:

You must not be paying attention...go search the forum...links everywhere.
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
Sasaki
Veteran
And1: 781

Post#196 » by Sasaki » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:16 pm

Rapcity_11 wrote:
LarsV8 wrote:

I'm too lazy to find a link, but it is true and I've heard it at least 500 times at this point. If the Knicks had matched, it would have been 5/5/15, but for Houston, it's 8.3/8.3/8.3. Same with Asik. See my sig.
But do you know what they call a fool, who's full of himself and jumps into the path of death because it's cool?
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#197 » by Mr. E » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:00 am

OK, as far as I understand it...

1) Rockets are not trading Lin. Give that hope up, guys! :lol:

2) Lin's contract is 5/5/15; but since the Rockets have managed their cap so well they can adjust it to 8.3/8.3/8.3

3) Lin is actually getting paid 5M this season, 5M next season and 15M in two years.

4) Rox don't care because they are not in a bad financial situation and can focus on the cap hit rather than the actual pay

5) A team trading for Lin's contract would be trading for 5/5/15...but depending on their cap situation it could be spread out like the Rockets have it.

6) Brooklyn Decker was on the League last week. Jesus tapdancing Christ, her body is on par with Elle MacPherson

7) Lin's not being traded

9) I think that I missed #8

10) Go Rockets!
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
OptimusOne6
Junior
And1: 23

Post#198 » by OptimusOne6 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:07 am

Mr. E wrote:7) Lin's not being traded

10) Go Rockets!

Since you are so confident that Lin will not be traded, how long should I wait before the idiotic coaching staff gets fired?

How many more days, months, or years am I going to have to wait before I can cheer for Houston again opposed to rooting for them to death?

I know these guys probably won't fire them this year because they would probably feel bad firing a guy who lost his daughter and a guy who is in his first year working with these young guys. I am just waiting when the Rockets bring in a legit coach and a legit coach that can maximize their talents, because I surely know these jackasses won't do it.
Guy986
RealGM
And1: 647

Post#199 » by Guy986 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:10 am

OptimusOne6 wrote:
Mr. E wrote:7) Lin's not being traded

10) Go Rockets!

Since you are so confident that Lin will not be traded, how long should I wait before the idiotic coaching staff gets fired?

How many more days, months, or years am I going to have to wait before I can cheer for Houston again opposed to rooting for them to death?

I know these guys probably won't fire them this year because they would probably feel bad firing a guy who lost his daughter and a guy who is in his first year working with these young guys. I am just waiting when the Rockets bring in a legit coach and a legit coach that can maximize their talents, because I surely know these jackasses won't do it.

11) The coaching staff is not gonna get fired
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#200 » by Mr. E » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:14 am

OptimusOne6 wrote:How many more days, months, or years am I going to have to wait before I can cheer for Houston again opposed to rooting for them to death?

Honestly? I don't care. Hate this team as much as you want.

I want Lin and the Rockets to succeed. I left out the classless stuff about the coach's situation.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill

Return to The General Board