The Rockets should just trade Lin

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

OptimusOne6
Junior
And1: 23

Re: The Rockets should just trade Lin 

Post#61 » by OptimusOne6 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:56 am

TexansFanatic wrote:No, I didn't say that. I said you can't just call an organization BAD for the coaching being bad. That makes no sense at all. It's on the coach not the organization. We're .500 right now, so even though I don't like how McHale coaches, I'm not going to complain until we start underachieving.

I said the organization is not good, not bad, pretty different. It's also the organization's decision to hire a bad coach like Mchale.

Tetlak wrote:Explain to me why Lin is a good fit for the Lakers?

Ship Lin to Orlando so he has a team to run.

Any team but Houston sounds good to me, but he would be a good fit for the Lakers because of D'Antoni and because he would get to learn from the best in Steve Nash.

It is another reason why I wanted Lin to stay in NY and that was so he could learn from Kidd
freestyler34
Pro Prospect
And1: 459

Post#62 » by freestyler34 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:58 am

aether1234 wrote:They won against Boston why ur mad bro ? :roll: is it really logical to start thread about how bad Houstons management after they got a win ? maybe ur just sad beacuse ur favorite player didnt play well, i know a place for Lin where he can play his game and score many points called D-League

Hes got a point.
CU_NY09
Bench Warmer
And1: 84

Post#63 » by CU_NY09 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:59 am

Zubby wrote:Then go back and watch the FIRST half thats when Houston lost the lead... Lin's had 3 turnovers(can't tell if one was a kickball off KG) and the Celtics went from like 6 down to up 2.

I guess next your gonna tell me Lowry/Dragic never played w/ Lee & Parsons.
Houston closed out every game with Lowry & Dragic on the floor and in OT. that is when Lowry wasn't hurt. They were very effective idk what you read/saw.
The only downside came from have Patterson at the 5 instead of Dalmebert/Camby

Regarding your first paragraph, don't f.uck with me because you're going to look really stupid. I watched the game and I looked at the play by play. The rockets lost the lead in the second half but made a late run towards the end of the half. Lin was a big reason why they came back at the end of the half.

Regarding the second paragraph, I'm going off of what I read on YOUR fan forums.
Zubby
General Manager
And1: 835

Post#64 » by Zubby » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:59 am

OptimusOne6 wrote:It is another reason why I wanted Lin to stay in NY and that was so he could learn from Kidd

And Felton, Lin would be 3rd string...

So far this season:
LAL: 10-14
HOU: 10-10

just saying
sirdeadcat
Sophomore
And1: 49

Post#65 » by sirdeadcat » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:59 am

Zubby wrote:
biglove44 wrote:
Regarding the bold, that is false. In the second half, the Rockets had a 2 pt deficit, with Lin in, the rockets came back from that 2pt deficit and over took the lead. They took Lin out at the end of the 3rd when the rockets still had the lead and he never came back in. Also, in the 2nd qtr when the Rockets fell behind, Lin was the one that orchestrated their come back, that's why they were only down 2 at the half.

I checked out your fan forums, a lot of HOU fans said that Lowry and Dragic could not play on the court at the same time. Maybe you're just really optimistic.

Then go back and watch the FIRST half(mid to end of 2nd quarter) thats when Houston lost the lead... Lin had 3 turnovers(can't tell if one was a kickball off KG) and the Celtics went from like 6 down to up 2.

I guess next your gonna tell me Lowry/Dragic never played w/ Lee & Parsons.
Houston closed out every game with Lowry & Dragic on the floor and in OT. that is when Lowry wasn't hurt. They were very effective idk what you read/saw.
The only downside came from have Patterson at the 5 instead of Dalmebert/Camby

Lin was +6 for the game. But obviously we should all go by your judgement. Three TO is not bad when you have 7 assists. Rondo had 7 TO. Magic Delfino had 5 TO. Harden is the league leader in TO this season. But obviously, if you have 3 TO, you deserve to get benched for 1-6 0 assist Tony Douglas in the 4th.
M4P
Analyst
And1: 1,640

Post#66 » by M4P » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:00 am

First it was the YOF... then came the LOF.

Douglas gave us spacing and played well off Harden. What's so hard to understand? Houston would be taking a loss by blackballing Lin out the league since they generate so much revenue from him. If anything, they would want him to succeed.
HoopsMalone wrote:Shaq would still have value... But to think he'd be anywhere near as dominant as he was in the post era is just ridiculous

jahlil okafor has some of the best post moves in the last 30 years and the dude can't even get on the floor
Optms
RealGM
And1: 16,954

Post#67 » by Optms » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:03 am

Lin would be coming off the bench for the Lakers so I'm not so sure LA is the best destination for him.

Lin isn't the best player on the Rockets so its out of the question that he have the ball the majority of the time, its his job to play well with others (Harden). If he can't do it in Huston, he's definitely not going to do it in LA. And he's certainly not good enough to where he needs to ball in his hands, ala Rose, Nash, Paul.
Zubby
General Manager

Post#68 » by Zubby » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:04 am

sirdeadcat wrote:Lin was +6 for the game. But obviously we should all go by your judgement. Three TO is not bad when you have 7 assists. Rondo had 7 TO. Magic Delfino had 5 TO. Harden is the league leader in TO this season. But obviously, if you have 3 TO, you deserve to get benched for 1-6 0 assist Tony Douglas in the 4th.

I brought up the 3 turnovers because you denied Lin wasn't in the game during Bostons run...

He was it was 2nd quarter Houston couldn't score a bucket they made one shot in like 8 minutes... Lin's second of the game but during all of that it was ugly bball Lin had 3 tos giving Boston 6 points, they tied and then passed Houston before the half.

Toney came in and Houston went on a huge run... why the hell would you punish Toney?

Thats the thing about McHale he always plays the hot hand no matter the name/contract... Asik sat a lot too in favor of Smith.
CU_NY09
Bench Warmer

Post#69 » by CU_NY09 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:05 am

M4P wrote:First it was the YOF... then came the LOF.

Douglas gave us spacing and played well off Harden. What's so hard to understand?

Only in HOU would you find a fan base that purposely categorizes a group of people to minimize their input. That's why there are so many low information members on your main fan forum.
Zubby
General Manager

Post#70 » by Zubby » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:07 am

biglove44 wrote:
Only in HOU would you find a fan base that purposely categorizes a group of people to minimize their input. That's why there are so many low information members on your main fan forum.

Ouch I guess you never heard of bandwagoners, or fanboys... smh
jstarks10
Pro Prospect
And1: 44

Post#71 » by jstarks10 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:07 am

I knew Lin was going to drop back down to earth after Linsanity. He is a decent backup PG at best and I dont think he cant coincide with star players. Rockets should have tried their BEST to keep dragic, but luckily, they have parsons.
Harden/Parsons/Asik are the future of rockets.

Lin is NOT Lowry. Not even close. Lowry can drive in easily and score, grab boards, assists, steal, block, good 3 pt shooter...sadly hes injury prone.
Zubby
General Manager

Post#72 » by Zubby » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:08 am

jstarks10 wrote:I knew Lin was going to drop back down to earth after Linsanity. He is a decent backup PG at best and I dont think he cant coincide with star players. Rockets should have tried their BEST to keep dragic, but luckily, they have parsons.
Harden/Parsons/Asik are the future of rockets.

Lin is NOT Lowry. Not even close. Lowry can drive in easily and score, grab boards, assists, steal, block, good 3 pt shooter...sadly hes injury prone.

Lin = Lowry his 1st year in Houston... same age too he will be fine
sirdeadcat
Sophomore

Post#73 » by sirdeadcat » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:09 am

Douglas gave us spacing and played well off Harden. What's so hard to understand? Houston would be taking a loss by blackballing Lin out the league since they generate so much revenue from him. If anything, they would want him to succeed.

As I said, it was a bizarre decision. Lin wasn't playing bad at all. To sit him the entire 4th for someone who was not doing any better when you are financially committed to him for the next three years is just head scratching.
Zubby
General Manager

Post#74 » by Zubby » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:14 am

sirdeadcat wrote:
As I said, it was a bizarre decision. Lin wasn't playing bad at all. To sit him the entire 4th for someone who was not doing any better when you are financially committed to him for the next three years is just head scratching.

McHale doesn't play names or contracts... in hindsight was it not a good decision?

Toney was awesome in the 4th
CU_NY09
Bench Warmer

Post#75 » by CU_NY09 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:15 am

sirdeadcat wrote:

Bizarre it was. I'd love for TD to keep playing well so that HOU resigns him. He'll finally get to play his true position and Harden can be the superstar combo guard they've always wanted.
M4P
Analyst
And1: 1,640

Post#76 » by M4P » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:17 am

biglove44 wrote:

Douglas gave us spacing and played well off Harden. What's so hard to understand?

Yeah, I'm sure we're the only fanbase that takes bandwagoner's and fanboy's opinions with a grain of salt.
HoopsMalone wrote:Shaq would still have value... But to think he'd be anywhere near as dominant as he was in the post era is just ridiculous

jahlil okafor has some of the best post moves in the last 30 years and the dude can't even get on the floor
sirdeadcat
Sophomore

Post#77 » by sirdeadcat » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:17 am

Zubby wrote:I brought up the 3 turnovers because you denied Lin wasn't in the game during Bostons run...

He was it was 2nd quarter Houston couldn't score a bucket they made one shot in like 8 minutes... Lin's second of the game but during all of that it was ugly bball Lin had 3 tos giving Boston 6 points, they tied and then passed Houston before the half.

Toney came in and Houston went on a huge run... why the hell would you punish Toney?

Thats the thing about McHale he always plays the hot hand no matter the name/contract... Asik sat a lot too in favor of Smith.

I didn't deny anything. Tony Douglas was +3 for the game, and that's with garbage time action. The huge run you mentioned at the end of the 2nd involved Lin's three straight assist to Smith. Toney Douglas came in and didn't do jack **** besides missing shots and played terrible defense. The rockets regained the lead off of Parson's hot shooting.

Tony Douglas was 1-6 going into the 4th. How was that a "hot hand"? It was what it was, a bizzare coaching decision.
jstarks10
Pro Prospect
And1: 44

Post#78 » by jstarks10 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:18 am

There's a reason why Lin is benched. He is very predictable and he's prone to turn overs. Sure he can steal a ball every now and then and his D is mediocre at best, but until his handling gets better, his plays are very limited.

Douglas is starting to heat up...prolly gaining back confidence in his shots. In NY, he was always a good scorer...he just had a period of time when his shots werent going in (NOTHING was going right for NY at that time).
ubernathan
Veteran
And1: 548

Post#79 » by ubernathan » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:19 am

Lin is a good player, he will be fine. This isn't even half way through the season for a team with 3 new additions starting. Lin is averaging 11/6/4 in what is essentially his second season in the league even under these circumstances; people are really overreacting. Not to mention that he is picking up steam as the season goes on. Give him a full season as the team's starter before you declare him to be a scrub, good lord.
sirdeadcat
Sophomore

Post#80 » by sirdeadcat » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:19 am

jstarks10 wrote:There's a reason why Lin is benched. He is very predictable and he's prone to turn overs. Sure he can steal a ball every now and then and his D is mediocre at best, but until his handling gets better, his plays are very limited.

Douglas is starting to heat up...prolly gaining back confidence in his shots. In NY, he was always a good scorer...he just had a period of time when his shots werent going in (NOTHING was going right for NY at that time).

Another person that doesn't watch games and just make stuff up.

Return to The General Board