The Rockets should just trade Lin

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Honey Bear
Starter
And1: 179

Re: The Rockets should just trade Lin 

Post#21 » by Honey Bear » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:56 am

sirdeadcat wrote:
TexansFanatic wrote:lol... Again with this?

Apparently if a player isn't played, that makes an organization bad. Seriously? Where is the logic?

It was just a bizzare decision. How many teams bench their starting point guard for a guy shooting 37% for the season? Tony Douglas played 24 minutes and had 0 assists. He was 1-6 going into the 4th. AND he played terrible defense tonight.

But that doesn't explain how it makes the Rockets a bad organization. That makes no sense at all. It's almost like OptimusOne6 just has some blind hatred for the organization here.
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#22 » by Mr. E » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:56 am

Sasaki wrote:
nuposse04 wrote:
Aki wrote:lin and parsons (+money filler) for gasol straight up

Rockets can prolly do better then Pau Freaking Gasol for that.

Parsons has more points per game on drastically better efficiency (.474 TS% versus .564 TS%), rebounds well for a SF, is paid one million a year for three years, plays defense, has higher win shares, and is 24.

And I'm supposed to trade him for a 32 year old PF who's currently injured and is not playing well this year at all.

Don't forget that you're supposed to throw in Lin and salary filler.

maybe someone like that scrub, Greg Smith :lol:
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
OptimusOne6
Junior
And1: 23

Post#23 » by OptimusOne6 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:56 am

deliriousmouse wrote: Remember he did cop a bad knee injury last year as well, maybe the fitness and mobility isnt all right there

This argument is garbage. Lin dropped 38 points with 11/21 shooting against the Spurs a few games ago. He is still the same old Jeremy Lin. He just isn't having the same opportunities like he did last year. In fact, he is having almost no opportunities at all with the Rockets.
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#24 » by nuposse04 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:58 am

OptimusOne6 wrote:
JustAwesome wrote:I missed the part about why McHale wants Lin out of the NBA.

I don't know why he does it, but I do think he is trying to do it.

Mchale treats Lin like complete trash. He never says anything positive about him, always benches him in late games, and he never gives him any minutes. Did you hear him at the end of the 3rd quarter when he said Harden is the only guy that can beat players? He didn't even bring up Lin's name and he can clearly beat players off the dribble.

Mchale simply does not like the guy.

Just remember that Kyle Lowry left Houston because of Kevin Mchale and Jeremy Lin's game is actually pretty similar to Kyle Lowry's.

So what you're saying is that you're doing nothing but wildly speculating...ok. Lin is not Lowry, maybe a poorman's lowry.
Honey Bear
Starter

Post#25 » by Honey Bear » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:59 am

nuposse04 wrote:
OptimusOne6 wrote:
JustAwesome wrote:I missed the part about why McHale wants Lin out of the NBA.

I don't know why he does it, but I do think he is trying to do it.

Mchale treats Lin like complete trash. He never says anything positive about him, always benches him in late games, and he never gives him any minutes. Did you hear him at the end of the 3rd quarter when he said Harden is the only guy that can beat players? He didn't even bring up Lin's name and he can clearly beat players off the dribble.

Just remember that Kyle Lowry left Houston because of Kevin Mchale and Jeremy Lin's game is actually pretty similar to Kyle Lowry's.

So what you're saying is that you're doing nothing but wildly speculating...ok. Lin is not Lowry, maybe a poorman's lowry.

He isn't better than Dragic or Lowry. We've downgraded on our PGs from last year, there's no doubt about that.
Joao Saraiva
RealGM
And1: 5,836

Post#26 » by Joao Saraiva » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:00 am

I don't know if they're trying to get Lin out of the league or not, but there's something wrong here, I give you that. Lin is not a bad player, not a star but a decent PG at least. He should start and he should end games. Will he miss sometimes? Hell yeah, he is almost a rookie, not even 80 games! But he has done more than lots of ROYs ever did...
“These guys have been criticized the last few years for not getting to where we’re going, but I’ve always said that the most important thing in sports is to keep trying. Let this be an example of what it means to say it’s never over.” - Jerry Sloan
OptimusOne6
Junior

Post#27 » by OptimusOne6 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:01 am

nuposse04 wrote:So what you're saying is that you're doing nothing but wildly speculating...ok. Lin is not Lowry, maybe a poorman's lowry.

Yes the Kevin Mchale trying to blackball Lin is speculating, I never said it was fact and it's completely true, it's just what I think.

I also think Lin should be traded for Houston to play for an organization that treats and utilizes him correctly. I think a lot of people would agree me on that one though. Rockets should get a spot-up shooter to pair with Harden like a Chalmers, George Hill, etc. while Lin should play with an off-guard like OJ Mayo, JR Smith, etc.

I thought that the Mavericks should have pursued Lin and that is the only team I wanted Lin to go to aside from NY.
nuposse04
RealGM

Post#28 » by nuposse04 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:04 am

TexansFanatic wrote:
nuposse04 wrote:
OptimusOne6 wrote:I don't know why he does it, but I do think he is trying to do it.

He isn't better than Dragic or Lowry. We've downgraded on our PGs from last year, there's no doubt about that.

Absolutely agree. A Lowry/Harden backcourt would have amazing for the Rockets. Lin isn't quite the sideshow Tim Tebow is but there is very little reason to think he'll ever be a top 10 pg in this league. He'd be best suited coming off the bench on contenders I guess.
No35
Sixth Man
And1: 613

Post#29 » by No35 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:04 am

nuposse04 wrote:

Rockets can prolly do better then Pau Freaking Gasol for that.

I'm a Celtics fan and at this point I'm fed up with McFail.

You take a guy who can drop 30+ on one of the best defenses in the league when given a green light to handle the ball and just punish him by benching him because you can't figure out how to make him work with your team's #1 scorer, who you're trying to groom into a lesser Lebron.

Take him to real coach who can actually figure out how to best utilize his team's assets.

And for that matter, Lin played some lockdown D on Rondo and was hitting his jumpers before he was tossed to the bench tonight.
Honey Bear
Starter

Post#30 » by Honey Bear » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:05 am

OptimusOne6 wrote:
nuposse04 wrote:So what you're saying is that you're doing nothing but wildly speculating...ok. Lin is not Lowry, maybe a poorman's lowry.

Yes the Kevin Mchale trying to blackball Lin is speculating, I never said it was fact and it's completely true, it's just what I think.

I also think Lin should be traded for Houston to play for an organization that treats and utilizes him correctly. I think a lot of people would agree me on that one though. Rockets should get a spot-up shooter to pair with Harden like a Chalmers, George Hill, etc. while Lin should play with an off-guard like OJ Mayo, JR Smith, etc.

I thought that the Mavericks should have pursued Lin and that is the only team I wanted Lin to go to aside from NY.

Nope nobody would agree with you on that. What the coach does and how the coach uses his players for situationals doesn't represent how good/bad an organization is. How can you be this dense?
nuposse04
RealGM

Post#31 » by nuposse04 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:06 am

OptimusOne6 wrote:

This part is bull. Lin doesn't deserve anything. He has to learn how to play better in certain situations. He doesn't deserve any better treatment then any other player. They don't owe him more than his paycheck. Its his job to live up to it. Stop blaming the rockets on conspiracy theories and realize that homeboy may not be all that he's cracked up to be, as is the case with A LOT of players in this league.
kakaman
Banned User
And1: 665

Post#32 » by kakaman » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:07 am

TexansFanatic wrote:
OptimusOne6 wrote:

Nope nobody would agree with you on that. What the coach does and how the coach uses his players for situationals doesn't represent how good/bad an organization is. How can you be this dense?

Well the organization is responsible for its coach. For example, wasn't it the Knicks' fault when Isaiah Thomas and Mike D were stinking up the joint? Wasn't it Jim Buss' fault for getting Mike D instead of Phil? Come on man, you sound like a super homer
OptimusOne6
Junior

Post#33 » by OptimusOne6 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:07 am

TexansFanatic wrote:

Really? You are telling me nobody would agree that Lin isn't being utilized correctly and he should be traded? Are you part of the Rockets that are trying to blackball him out of the league or something?

The Rockets have turned a slashing PG whose biggest weakness is shooting into a spot-up shooter, and you don't think that's a problem? :lol:
MKL
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#34 » by MKL » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:07 am

McHale is a bad coach. He's doesn't know how to solve the Harden/Lin backcourt. Or better yet, he doesn't want to deal with it. It's easier to put in Douglas which is really an undersized SG and let Harden play PG.

The short term solution for McHale is to Bench Lin and play Harden/Douglas as they're natural fits. The part I'm surprised at is how patient McHale have been with Douglas, feeding him minutes and building his confidence.

Whereas, with Lin is on a short leash. The game Lin scored 38pts vs the Spurs, McHale on postgame interview repeatedly mentioned Lin waving away an Asik pick on the last play in regulation with the score tied.

McHale had no problems waiving Lin the first time, he doesn't show sign of caring about any PGs, he let them all go. He would play 2 SG if he had the chance? The Harden high TO doesn't seem to be an issue.

This leaves the fans confused, but McHale is on a different time scale. He has a history of strange moves as GM as well.
NBA fan for over 30 years. Please don't get rustled, live in peace.
90sAllDecade
Starter
And1: 793

Post#35 » by 90sAllDecade » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:12 am

I laughed.
NBA TV Clutch City Documentary Trailer:
https://vimeo.com/134215151
Honey Bear
Starter

Post#36 » by Honey Bear » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:15 am

kakaman wrote:
TexansFanatic wrote:
OptimusOne6 wrote:Yes the Kevin Mchale trying to blackball Lin is speculating, I never said it was fact and it's completely true, it's just what I think.

Well the organization is responsible for its coach. For example, wasn't it the Knicks' fault when Isaiah Thomas and Mike D were stinking up the joint? Wasn't it Jim Buss' fault for getting Mike D instead of Phil? Come on man, you sound like a super homer

Um, that's not remotely the same thing. McHale has been bad, but that doesn't make the organization a bad one. I'm not sounding like a super homer, there's just no basis behind calling an organization bad because one player isn't getting playing time. Are they treating him bad? I don't think so. Just because McHale's coaching philosophy might be bad doesn't make the Rockets organization bad. I seriously don't get how you can say otherwise. What you're pretty much saying with that is that the Rockets aren't a good destination for a player to go to even if McHale isn't coaching.

To be honest, the Rockets team has overachieved so far this season. I don't like McHale's coaching philosophy as a Rockets fan, but he's missed a chunk of games due to the loss of his daughter, and we've revamped this roster completely and we're .500 (albeit most of the wins are from the east). I'll take it, so until we start underachieving, I think McHale should stay where he's at.

OptimusOne6 wrote:
TexansFanatic wrote:

Really? You are telling me nobody would agree that Lin isn't being utilized correctly and he should be traded? Are you part of the Rockets that are trying to blackball him out of the league or something?

The Rockets have turned a slashing PG whose biggest weakness is shooting into a spot-up shooter, and you don't think that's a problem? :lol:

No, I didn't say that. I said you can't just call an organization BAD for the coaching being bad. That makes no sense at all. It's on the coach not the organization. We're .500 right now, so even though I don't like how McHale coaches, I'm not going to complain until we start underachieving.
sirdeadcat
Sophomore
And1: 49

Post#37 » by sirdeadcat » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:16 am

I really won't be surprised if Lin gets traded tomorrow, when he's eligible. Harden and Lin are not a natural fit, and this sorry excuse of a coaching staff has no clue on how to make it work.
gethigh
Banned User
And1: 70

Post#38 » by gethigh » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:16 am

Mitch Kupchak, is that you?
13th Man
General Manager
And1: 6,117

Post#39 » by 13th Man » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:20 am

MKL wrote:McHale is a bad coach. He's doesn't know how to solve the Harden/Lin backcourt. Or better yet, he doesn't want to deal with it. It's easier to put in Douglas which is really an undersized SG and let Harden play PG.

The short term solution for McHale is to Bench Lin and play Harden/Douglas as they're natural fits. The part I'm surprised at is how patient McHale have been with Douglas, feeding him minutes and building his confidence.

Whereas, with Lin is on a short leash. The game Lin scored 38pts vs the Spurs, McHale on postgame interview repeatedly mentioned Lin waving away an Asik pick on the last play in regulation with the score tied.

McHale had no problems waiving Lin the first time, he doesn't show sign of caring about any PGs, he let them all go. He would play 2 SG if he had the chance? The Harden high TO doesn't seem to be an issue.

This leaves the fans confused, but McHale is on a different time scale. He has a history of strange moves as GM as well.

I have to agree that McHale is not a PG kind of guy. I love this Rockets team because of their youth and potential so I wouldn't want to see Lin leave but at this point I don't think he's being properly utilized either. If they're going to bench him every 4th quarter then maybe he's better coming off the bench so that Douglas can naturally play with Harden and Lin can help lead the 2nd unit.
Zubby
General Manager
And1: 835

Post#40 » by Zubby » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:20 am

None of these people watched the same game I did...

Lin didnt take his chances well and makes way too many mistakes on the drive. Houston played better when Toney was on the floor.

Its 20 games into the season chill the **** out seriously Houston is the youngest team and has a pretty damn good record.

Return to The General Board