The Rockets should just trade Lin

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

EscapoTHB
Suspended
And1: 1,249

Re: The Rockets should just trade Lin 

Post#101 » by EscapoTHB » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:58 am

Dude is making too much money to sit. Lin has the power in this situation. If mchale isn't playing him and the rockets aren't winning he will get fired. No organization can pay that much for a young player and then let him rot on theme bench.

That said lin for gasol looks like a fair trade right now. Lakers get a not injured point guard that mda has success with and the rockets finally get gasol. Rockets would probably toss in parsons though because Morey loves the lakers.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
thelastpope
Pro Prospect
And1: 607

Post#102 » by thelastpope » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:00 am

In the past 11 games Lin is shooting 44% and 34% from 3

Lin held Rondo to 8/8 when he was defending him

Lin has been benched in the 4Q in 4 of the past 11 games

1 benching was from poor play

against Boston Lin had 3 TO , but caused 3 TO(2 blocks 1 Steal)

10 of Smiths points we're from Lin (3 from AST 2 from shooting fouls)

Houston plays in a free flowing system , and don't run any plays , which is great for ball hog type of players

Edit
Lin got screamed at twice by coach Sampson against Boston(1Q 6:00 min. mark and at Half time after he missed 3 pointer)
Honey Bear
Starter
And1: 179

Post#103 » by Honey Bear » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:02 am

OptimusOne6 wrote:
TexansFanatic wrote:No, I didn't say that. I said you can't just call an organization BAD for the coaching being bad. That makes no sense at all. It's on the coach not the organization. We're .500 right now, so even though I don't like how McHale coaches, I'm not going to complain until we start underachieving.

I said the organization is not good, not bad, pretty different. It's also the organization's decision to hire a bad coach like Mchale.

That's not the point. The point is you're blaming the organization when you should be blaming the coaching staff. Your poor choice of words has made you look even more foolish. Hiring a bad coach doesn't make an organization bad (and yes if they aren't good, they must be bad... that's the opposite of "not good"). lol I guess the Lakers aren't a good organization now because they hired Mike D'Antoni or hired Mike Brown previously. :roll: Here are a couple of post you made earlier in another thread a while back...

OptimusOne6 wrote:
OptimusOne6 wrote:Has Kevin Mchale forgotten how to coach? He played all 24 minutes in the 1st half for James Harden and played 6 minutes for Jeremy Lin.

This is why I hate the Houston Rockets franchise and everything about it and wanted the Knicks to re-sign Lin because I didn't want him playing for this stupid organization under a stupid head coach.

What is so ignorant about it? Houston is a very dumb organization, has a very dumb team, and Mchale is not good at anything basketball related other than playing it.

I really do hope the Rockets trade Lin because he deserves better. He played 18 minutes tonight and in those 18 minutes he played very well. What did Mchale want from the guy in those 18 minutes? 20/10? 45 points? Mchale just doesn't know how to coach.

You admit to hating the franchise of the Rockets which clearly has nothing to do with Lin being bad. If you want to hate someone, hate Kevin McHale, not the whole franchise. Nobody in the franchise has done him any wrong. The coaching staff not giving him enough minutes doesn't make the franchise bad. You're not going to backtrack your way out of the colossal BS you keep spewing about the organization.
DLaren
Pro Prospect
And1: 748

Post#104 » by DLaren » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:06 am

OptimusOne6 wrote:
DLaren wrote:Lin should consider himself extremely fortunate to be with the Houston Rockets. I just took a quick glance around the league and I can't find another team that Lin could force a trade to, and start for.

In the perfect world, what team would you have him traded to?

He doesn't have to start for teams, he just needs to be put in a team and in a system where he will do well and be utilized correctly.

The Lakers would be the perfect team because he would play under D'Antoni, he would learn from Steve Nash, and he would be one of their building blocks along with Dwight Howard.

I could see him doing well in other teams too like Grizzlies, Magic, Hornets, etc.

As a Lakers fan, I wouldn't pay $600 a ticket to watch Lin play basketball.
1.Jordan 2.Kareem 3.Lebron 4.Magic 5.Bird 6.Russell 7.Duncan 8.Wilt 9.Kobe 10.Shaq
junot111
General Manager
And1: 2,813

Post#105 » by junot111 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:13 am

DLaren wrote:
OptimusOne6 wrote:
DLaren wrote:Lin should consider himself extremely fortunate to be with the Houston Rockets. I just took a quick glance around the league and I can't find another team that Lin could force a trade to, and start for.

He doesn't have to start for teams, he just needs to be put in a team and in a system where he will do well and be utilized correctly.

The Lakers would be the perfect team because he would play under D'Antoni, he would learn from Steve Nash, and he would be one of their building blocks along with Dwight Howard.

I could see him doing well in other teams too like Grizzlies, Magic, Hornets, etc.

Of course not, you'd rather pay $600 to watch Chris duhon :roll:
What a stupid comment. I didn't realize you go to basketball games to watch one individual player. Must look weird to you when that player passes the ball to invisible ghosts
Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2
Zubby
General Manager
And1: 835

Post#106 » by Zubby » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:15 am

biglove44 wrote:In the second qtr, Lin, Delfino and Harden had TO's. I wonder if you understand that while Lin had TO's in the 2nd quarter; he was a big reason why they came back towards the end of that quarter to cut the deficit to 2. Sometimes, when you let a player continue to play on the court/through a couple mistakes, they can get better as the game progresses. Imagine that.

Was he not a big reason why they lost the lead in the 1st place?
Start of 3rd quarter they made a run and Lin really didnt do much, Parsons player awesome.
MKL wrote:Lin still ended up with a +6. By stats, Rockets would have still won.

It's unfair to not credit Lin on creating a lead. And at the same time blame Lin for losing a lead.

Try to be consistent. I'm only saying that Douglas is plays as SG and fit in with Harden playing PG. Douglas had NO assists in 25 minutes played.

This is probably not a problem for McHale as long as the team wins. He can use the next 2 season to move Lin or they can sort it out. Rockets are not contending for the Championship anyway.

I would like the management to have a little more consideration for Lin's development though, but McHale is a bigman's coach. He developed Lowry and Dragic out of town.

Greg Smith 8-9, 20 points 6 rebounds 3 blocks 2 to
finished with a +/- of -1....

Lowry didnt like being held out after his illness... Dragic had his best run of games to that point of his career.

thelastpope wrote:In the past 11 games Lin is shooting 44% and 34% from 3

Toney Douglas is shooting 44% & 53% from 3
aether1234
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#107 » by aether1234 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:19 am

Nobody wants Lin how can they trade him ? Hes a garbage player and only good for marketing and thats what the Rockets using him for, but they also needs to win games so they bench him when they need to win
b_mind
Analyst
And1: 10

Post#108 » by b_mind » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:20 am

Well...the coaching staff is mind-boggling and I do feel for Lin, it's not as if he's been playing badly to warrant a 4th quarter benching. McHale is a bad coach, that's no secret, but Sampson is not any better. Only thing the Rockets organization did wrong was hiring a bad staff.

I do hope this works out, also because I do not like Douglas as a player.
Nono
Banned User
And1: 65

Post#109 » by Nono » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:23 am

Lin, Parsons and Greg Smith for Pau Gasol ?
MKL
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#110 » by MKL » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:24 am

Again, lets look at the trend of how McHale deal with PG personnel issues.

He uses a very pragmatic style, McHale plugs a PG in the system and if they fit, they play. If they don't he gets rid of them or freezes them on the bench.

Rockets had 6 PG on the roster during preseason 2011. They're ALL GONE. They have no one on staff to develop PGs. They don't even run sets for Lin.

I'm sure Lowry fought with McHale to get playing time as well, and look where that got him?
NBA fan for over 30 years. Please don't get rustled, live in peace.
freestyler34
Pro Prospect
And1: 459

Post#111 » by freestyler34 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 am

aether1234 wrote:Nobody wants Lin how can they trade him ? Hes a garbage player and only good for marketing and thats what the Rockets using him for, but they also needs to win games so they bench him when they need to win

This.
EscapoTHB
Suspended

Post#112 » by EscapoTHB » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:32 am

DLaren wrote:
OptimusOne6 wrote:

I wouldn't pay 600 to watch anyone do anything.

Zubby
General Manager
And1: 835

Post#113 » by Zubby » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:32 am

MKL wrote:Again, lets look at the trend of how McHale deal with PG personnel issues.

He uses a very pragmatic style, McHale plugs a PG in the system and if they fit, they play. If they don't he gets rid of them or freezes them on the bench.

Rockets had 6 PG on the roster during preseason 2011. They're ALL GONE. They have no one on staff to develop PGs. They don't even run sets for Lin.

I'm sure Lowry fought with McHale to get playing time as well, and look where that got him?

Houston had 3 Centers during the season all of them are gone... Smith the 4th was pretty much Dleague the whole year.
3 of the 4 PFs from 2011 are gone
2 of the 3 SFs from 2011 are gone
All the SGs from 2011 are gone

They wanted Dragic back and McHale and Morey flew overseas to see him... offered him a contract and he wanted more money.
MKL
Sixth Man

Post#114 » by MKL » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:33 am

freestyler34 wrote:
aether1234 wrote:Nobody wants Lin how can they trade him ? Hes a garbage player and only good for marketing and thats what the Rockets using him for, but they also needs to win games so they bench him when they need to win

This.

That's just plain ignorant and you know it. Why would anyone agree to this?
EscapoTHB
Suspended

Post#115 » by EscapoTHB » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:34 am

MKL wrote:Again, lets look at the trend of how McHale deal with PG personnel issues.

Didn't mchale have pg problems in Minnesota as well? Could fe onto something.

MKL
Sixth Man

Post#116 » by MKL » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:35 am

Zubby wrote:

Houston had 3 Centers during the season all of them are gone... Smith the 4th was pretty much Dleague the whole year.
3 of the 4 PFs from 2011 are gone
2 of the 3 SFs from 2011 are gone
All the SGs from 2011 are gone

They wanted Dragic back and McHale and Morey flew overseas to see him... offered him a contract and he wanted more money.

I'm sure McHale is happy with Harden. Lowry was the oddman out last year. This year it's Lin. I'm not saying McHale is wrong. Just pointing out how he handes PGs.
aether1234
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#117 » by aether1234 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:37 am

MKL wrote:
freestyler34 wrote:

This.

That's just plain ignorant and you know it. Why would anyone agree to this?

Truth hurts.
22haytham22
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,265

Post#118 » by 22haytham22 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:38 am

nuposse04 wrote:
Aki wrote:lin and parsons (+money filler) for gasol straight up

Rockets can prolly do better then Pau Freaking Gasol for that.

Bargnani?

TreadMilling Since 1995

Darain wrote:Dude is like 6-10, 6-12 at the most
But he is definitely not 7 foot
MKL
Sixth Man

Post#119 » by MKL » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:39 am

Also, Morey has plainly said in multiple interviews. Every player with the exception of Harden can be traded for a Star player.

If the existing player doesn't develop to be a star, they will trade for one.

It's very possible that Lin will be traded before his 3 year contract is over. That's just part of the business.
aggo
RealGM
And1: 5,158

Post#120 » by aggo » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:40 am

the rockets are so boring to watch it's actually amazing.

Harden brings ball upcourt

passes it to Lin at 3pt line

lin dribbles a bit

no moving by anyone

lin passes ball to harden

harden goes iso and takes a shot.

i mean, lin's strength is dribble penetration, yet they refuse to run ball screens or PNR with a bigman like Asik whose a legit 7 footer that cant be guarded by anyone on the BOS roster in the PNR?

truly astounding.

Return to The General Board