The Rockets should just trade Lin

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Zubby
General Manager
And1: 835

Re: The Rockets should just trade Lin 

Post#41 » by Zubby » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:21 am

sirdeadcat wrote:I really won't be surprised if Lin gets traded tomorrow, when he's eligible. Harden and Lin are not a natural fit, and this sorry excuse of a coaching staff has no clue on how to make it work.

Playing .500 ball with the youngest team in the nba and the largest turnover from last year.

yea Houston coaching staff has no idea
Zubby
General Manager

Post#42 » by Zubby » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:24 am

and btw the only other game Harden missed Lin went 5-15 for 13 points 3 asst 3 to in a bad loss to Utah...

so there is that
CU_NY09
Bench Warmer
And1: 84

Post#43 » by CU_NY09 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:25 am

Zubby wrote:None of these people watched the same game I did...

Lin didnt take his chances well and makes way too many mistakes on the drive. Houston played better when Toney was on the floor.

Its 20 games into the season chill the **** out seriously Houston is the youngest team and has a pretty damn good record.

You've been ripping on Lin and taking unwarranted digs at him all season. You're not taken seriously.

Lin played better in this game compared to TD. Lin also got all guys involved and got them to the ft line. Lin could have gone back into the game when Harden did in the fourth. At that time, Lin had 5pts/7ast and TD had 5pt/0 ast. Lin was also doing a better job on D.

You didn't watch the same game as everyone else.
Tetlak
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,133

Post#44 » by Tetlak » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:27 am

Explain to me why Lin is a good fit for the Lakers?

Ship Lin to Orlando so he has a team to run.
sirdeadcat
Sophomore
And1: 49

Post#45 » by sirdeadcat » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:27 am

Zubby wrote:
sirdeadcat wrote:I really won't be surprised if Lin gets traded tomorrow, when he's eligible. Harden and Lin are not a natural fit, and this sorry excuse of a coaching staff has no clue on how to make it work.

Playing .500 ball with the youngest team in the nba and the largest turnover from last year.

That's probably because this rockets team are actually pretty talented. Harden, Lin, Asik, Parsons and Smith are all pretty good players. The fact that they lost pretty much all the close games are an indictment for how bad the coaching staff are.
Br0ken_Sp0ke
Rookie
And1: 745

Post#46 » by Br0ken_Sp0ke » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:30 am

OP thinks the Knicks are a first rate org while the Rockets are trash. :rofl:

I really like Lin, but wouldn't mind if he's traded for a good return if it means we won't have to deal with fans like this.
baki wrote:Robinson and Olajuwon are about equal, but I'd give Robinson the edge for being far more critical to the team's success than Olajuwon was.

baki wrote:I'm not sure if Harden is really that much better than Lin.

baki wrote:I call everything as I see it and I'm always right
Zubby
General Manager

Post#47 » by Zubby » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:31 am

biglove44 wrote:You've been ripping on Lin and taking unwarranted digs at him all season. You're not taken seriously.

Lin played better in this game compared to TD. Lin also got all guys involved and got them to the ft line. Lin could have gone back into the game when Harden did in the fourth. At that time, Lin had 5pts/7ast and TD had 5pt/0 ast. Lin was also doing a better job on D.

You didn't watch the same game as everyone else.

I'm a Houston fan and he has been bad all season
... Lin was the one in the game when Boston caught up and took the lead.

This same offense was fine with Lowry, Dragic, Lee/Parsons all on the floor at the same time.
Lin was sloopy.
Lin lacks confidence to do what he does best... drive.

EVERYONE else on this team will wave a guy off (Harden) if they think they have a good matchup. Lin doesn't and when he does decide to drive half the time he leaves the ground before he knows what to do with it.
Honey Bear
Starter
And1: 179

Post#48 » by Honey Bear » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:34 am

sirdeadcat wrote:
Zubby wrote:

That's probably because this rockets team are actually pretty talented. Harden, Lin, Asik, Parsons and Smith are all pretty good players. The fact that they lost pretty much all the close games are an indictment for how bad the coaching staff are.

They're at best right where they should be, though you can also argue that they're overachieving. You can't tell me they aren't with the roster the Rockets have. Most Rockets fans during the beginning of the season (even with the Harden trade) either expected to be competing for the 8th seed or to be just out of the playoff hunt as we usually are. Seems like that's what we're on pace to be depending on how the west goes.

We're 8-1 against the East, 3-10 against the west which is a cause for concern, but at the same time I can understand why we're not as great against some of the better teams in the west. Most of the players you mentioned are VERY young with not a lot NBA experience. Just because you have young talent, doesn't mean you should be winning games. Chemistry and experience are so underrated. This team is practically brand new.

Br0ken_Sp0ke wrote:OP thinks the Knicks are a first rate org while the Rockets are trash. :rofl:

I really like Lin, but wouldn't mind if he's traded for a good return if it means we won't have to deal with fans like this.

It's stupidity man. I just don't get the hate. It makes no sense at all. Funny thing is, the Rockets are probably a better, more classier organization that the Heat are which is of course debatable.
Nono
Banned User
And1: 65

Post#49 » by Nono » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:34 am

Lin's situation is just bad right now. He needs playing time to improve his game. Can't improve when he is benched in the 4th quarter of every game. For Rockets right now someone like Fredette would be more suitable than Lin because he can hit those spot up threes. Lakers are looking for a point guard and that might be a good situation but even there he will only be a bench player behind Nash. He has to go to a place where the coach has confidence in him and does not bench him whole 4th quarters for a guy who almost single handedly ruined the Knicks season last year.

I think honestly that the main reason he was signed is because Chinese fans and their money coming in.
Zubby
General Manager

Post#50 » by Zubby » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:34 am

sirdeadcat wrote:

Or that maybe they are young...

How good was OKC when they had Durant, Westbrook, Green?
they won like 23 games
Zubby
General Manager

Post#51 » by Zubby » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:37 am

Nono wrote:Lin's situation is just bad right now. He needs playing time to improve his game. Can't improve when he is benched in the 4th quarter of every game. For Rockets right now someone like Fredette would be more suitable than Lin because he can hit those spot up threes. Lakers are looking for a point guard and that might be a good situation but even there he will only be a bench player behind Nash. He has to go to a place where the coach has confidence in him and does not bench him whole 4th quarters for a guy who almost single handedly ruined the Knicks season last year.

I think honestly that the main reason he was signed is because Chinese fans and their money coming in.

Or that he is very similar to a young Lowry when he came to Houston... except Lowry never had this spotlight

Look if you think Lin "can't" play on the Houston wtf is he gonna do with Kobe on his team :roll:
13th Man
General Manager
And1: 6,117

Post#52 » by 13th Man » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:37 am

The Rockets are a better team than most people give them credit for. They blew away the Knicks and should have beaten Miami. As some people have pointed out, their biggest weakness is in their transition defense so if they can fix that, they should be much better than a .500 team.

In any case, great teams utilize every player correctly, everyone knows their role. Houston will never become a great team unless they're able to do this. The season is still young but I feel that they're clearly not utilizing Lin correctly which will hurt them in the long run. If Douglas meshes better with Harden then why not have Douglas start and finish the game as most traditional starters do? What they're doing right now doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
sirdeadcat
Sophomore
And1: 49

Post#53 » by sirdeadcat » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:38 am

Zubby wrote:
sirdeadcat wrote:

they won like 23 games

They are not THAT young. 23-4 YO is near prime for a NBA player. They are about 2 years from their peak, even then, they should be playing decently well at the very least.

Durant was literally a teenager on a tanking OKC. Totally different situation.
CU_NY09
Bench Warmer

Post#54 » by CU_NY09 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:42 am

Zubby wrote:
I'm a Houston fan and he has been bad all season
... Lin was the one in the game when Boston caught up and took the lead.

This same offense was fine with Lowry, Dragic, Lee/Parsons all on the floor at the same time.
Lin was sloopy.
Lin lacks confidence to do what he does best... drive.

EVERYONE else on this team will wave a guy off (Harden) if they think they have a good matchup. Lin doesn't and when he does decide to drive half the time he leaves the ground before he knows what to do with it.

Regarding the bold, that is false. In the second half, the Rockets had a 2 pt deficit, with Lin in, the rockets came back from that 2pt deficit and over took the lead. They took Lin out at the end of the 3rd when the rockets still had the lead and he never came back in. Also, in the 2nd qtr when the Rockets fell behind, Lin was the one that orchestrated their come back, that's why they were only down 2 at the half.

I checked out your fan forums, a lot of HOU fans said that Lowry and Dragic could not play on the court at the same time. Maybe you're just really optimistic.
Zubby
General Manager

Post#55 » by Zubby » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:44 am

sirdeadcat wrote:
Zubby wrote:
sirdeadcat wrote:

they won like 23 games

They are not THAT young. 23-4 YO is near prime for a NBA player. They are about 2 years from their peak, even then, they should be playing decently well at the very least.

Durant was literally a teenager on a tanking OKC. Totally different situation.

Are they not the youngest team in the league?
Least experience team in the league?
The team with the highest roster turnover?

20 games in and you are saying this team in the 1st year of rebuild is UNDERACHIEVING?
TheToothFairy
Banned User
And1: 297

Post#56 » by TheToothFairy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:44 am

Tetlak wrote:Explain to me why Lin is a good fit for the Lakers?

Ship Lin to Orlando so he has a team to run.

Ummm Coach?
TheToothFairy
Banned User
And1: 297

Post#57 » by TheToothFairy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:44 am

Forget the players

Trade Dantoni for McHale
msg4k90
Junior

Post#58 » by msg4k90 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:47 am

the rockets aren't using lin very well...I don't understand why he is a starter for the rockets when he plays for like 20+minutes then gets benched.

If this is how the rockets are gonna play lin the whole season then...why did they sign him??? toney douglas has taken over lin's job. he's even attempted more FGA than lin and his fG% is 37.3??

start douglas over lin, so lin can lead the 2nd unit. I don't understand why they just don't do this?!?!?

random thought:
I would like lin to go to the lakers so he could be the backup for nash. d'antoni's system worked for lin so why not?? I mean everyone likes to call lin a scrub but c'mon at least with the lakers he would play well. nash could teach him a few tricks. I know lin would ask him for tips and stuff, he has watched videos of nash.

I remember some posts a while back that said kidd wouldn't bother to mentor lin if they were team mates, but kidd did say he would help him.
Zubby
General Manager

Post#59 » by Zubby » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:53 am

biglove44 wrote:
Regarding the bold, that is false. In the second half, the Rockets had a 2 pt deficit, with Lin in, the rockets came back from that 2pt deficit and over took the lead. They took Lin out at the end of the 3rd when the rockets still had the lead and he never came back in. Also, in the 2nd qtr when the Rockets fell behind, Lin was the one that orchestrated their come back, that's why they were only down 2 at the half.

I checked out your fan forums, a lot of HOU fans said that Lowry and Dragic could not play on the court at the same time. Maybe you're just really optimistic.

Then go back and watch the FIRST half(mid to end of 2nd quarter) thats when Houston lost the lead... Lin had 3 turnovers(can't tell if one was a kickball off KG) and the Celtics went from like 6 down to up 2.

I guess next your gonna tell me Lowry/Dragic never played w/ Lee & Parsons.
Houston closed out every game with Lowry & Dragic on the floor and in OT. that is when Lowry wasn't hurt. They were very effective idk what you read/saw.
The only downside came from have Patterson at the 5 instead of Dalmebert/Camby
aether1234
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#60 » by aether1234 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:56 am

They won against Boston why ur mad bro ? :roll: is it really logical to start thread about how bad Houstons management after they got a win ? maybe ur just sad beacuse ur favorite player didnt play well, i know a place for Lin where he can play his game and score many points called D-League

Return to The General Board