The Rockets should just trade Lin

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

OptimusOne6
Junior
And1: 23

Re: The Rockets should just trade Lin 

Post#201 » by OptimusOne6 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:17 am

Guy986 wrote:11) The coaching staff is not gonna get fired

Sounds like a good idea, keeping the worst coach in the NBA and a coach that couldn't keep two PGs (Lowry and Dragic) because he treated them like hot garbage and now he is treating Lin even worse.

Good plan, and hopefully Lin won't be apart of that plan soon.
Guy986
RealGM
And1: 647

Post#202 » by Guy986 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:21 am

OptimusOne6 wrote:
Guy986 wrote:11) The coaching staff is not gonna get fired

Sounds like a good idea, keeping the worst coach in the NBA and a coach that couldn't keep two PGs (Lowry and Dragic) because he treated them like hot garbage and now he is treating Lin even worse.

Good plan, and hopefully Lin won't be apart of that plan soon.

Lowry and Dragic both had career years under Mchale. :dontknow:

Mchale clashed with Lowry but he had a very good relationship with Dragic. Infact Mchale was said to be extremely pissed when Morey didn't bring Dragic back. Its a management decision not a coaching one.
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#203 » by Mr. E » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:24 am

The only reason why Dragic isn't a Rocket is because they wouldn't give him that fourth year option. That's what I've been led to believe.

Guy's right - management decision.

Lowry did have a beef with McHale from what we have heard, tho.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
OptimusOne6
Junior
And1: 23

Post#204 » by OptimusOne6 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:31 am

Guy986 wrote:Lowry and Dragic both had career years under Mchale. :dontknow:

What does that have to do with the fact that they were treated poorly and how they made each other redundant?

Kevin Mchale is probably the worst coach in the NBA. Everybody on the Rockets deserve better, but they aren't going to get better until the front-office does something about it.

Lin especially deserves better considering how he is treated the worst because Mchale and the rest of coaching staff is probably just blackballing him out of the league.
CBA
Bench Warmer
And1: 378

Post#205 » by CBA » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:32 am

I don't see the issue. McHale isn't a very good coach, but benching Lin for Douglas makes sense. Douglas is shooting much better than Lin (54%TS v 49%TS) and Lin's offensive struggles are handicapping a team already without much offensive firepower.

If Lin ever learns how to shoot, then he'll stop getting benched.
Block416
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#206 » by Block416 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:41 am

Thunder. all day every day.
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#207 » by Mr. E » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:55 am

[quote="Block416"]dumb stuff/quote]

If He is Asian because he supports Lin, then I guess that I must be, too.

....damn! Lied on my college apps! :lol:
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
blazinskillz
Junior
And1: 20

Post#208 » by blazinskillz » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:54 am

A bust is a bust
Durant Durant
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,094

Post#209 » by Durant Durant » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:55 am

blazinskillz wrote:A bust is a bust

Ahaha how can one be a bust if one isnt even drafted.

Try again troll lmao
No no yes yes
rockmanslim
General Manager
And1: 5,169

Post#210 » by rockmanslim » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:44 pm

Major Tom wrote:

Try again troll lmao

well there are such things as free agent signing busts.

not saying lin is one yet, still early, but he's well on his way there unless he turns it around.
click

"Harden's a guy that averages 26 in the NBA, but if he was on the playground with you he'd only average about 5 because they wouldn't let him get those free throws." --Scott Hastings, April 6, 2013

Tim Horton
Analyst
And1: 1,233

Post#211 » by Tim Horton » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:23 pm

rockmanslim wrote:
Major Tom wrote:

Try again troll lmao

not saying lin is one yet, still early, but he's well on his way there unless he turns it around.

lol. did you make that up? a free agent signing bust? Lin haterz making up their lingo as we go along!

a bust is somebody who is highly rated or ballyhooed in college or europe then flops like Bargnani. normally it applies to lottery picks. free agents is a roll of dice.

going with your flawed logic, Lowry was signed by Colangelo as a free agent, and he was beasting in Houston, now he sucks balls. so he's a bust then? bad signing perhaps or bad fit. but nowhere near a bust.

also to indulge you, 80% of FA signings are busts... so the terminology is obsolete or non-sequitur
rockmanslim
General Manager
And1: 5,169

Post#212 » by rockmanslim » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:42 pm

rockmanslim wrote:
Major Tom wrote:

Try again troll lmao

Tim Horton wrote:lol. did you make that up? a free agent signing bust? Lin haterz making up their lingo as we go along!

a bust is somebody who is highly rated or ballyhooed in college or europe then flops like Bargnani. normally it applies to lottery picks. free agents is a roll of dice.

going with your flawed logic, Lowry was signed by Colangelo as a free agent, and he was beasting in Houston, now he sucks balls. so he's a bust then? bad signing perhaps or bad fit. but nowhere near a bust.

also to indulge you, 80% of FA signings are busts... so the terminology is obsolete or non-sequitur

fyi i'm no lin hater. i want to see him do well, but he's playing like ass, for whatever reason you want to pull out to defend him.

and no, i didn't make up the term. google it yourself, "free agent signing bust"

for example, until lately, mario williams was considered a massive free agent signing bust in buffalo.

fyi lowry wasn't signed by colangelo, he was traded there. but let's say he was signed there for a lucrative contract and he was unable to live up to it because of chronic injury. yes, that would be considered a free agent bust. but it's too early to tell if he will be perpetually injured, just like it's too early to call lin a free agent signing bust like i said in the original post. i said he needs to turn it around, which is absolutely true.
click

"Harden's a guy that averages 26 in the NBA, but if he was on the playground with you he'd only average about 5 because they wouldn't let him get those free throws." --Scott Hastings, April 6, 2013

Rapcity_11
RealGM
And1: 9,535

Post#213 » by Rapcity_11 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:03 pm

Tim Horton wrote:

Except Lowry has been the same player in Houston and Toronto...
Tave
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,356

Post#214 » by Tave » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:40 pm

Douglas's 3-point shooting doesn't make up for Lin's all-around play, IMO. Douglas is in a shooting slump anyway.
sirdeadcat
Sophomore
And1: 49

Post#215 » by sirdeadcat » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:45 pm

Tave wrote:Douglas's 3-point shooting doesn't make up for Lin's all-around play, IMO. Douglas is in a shooting slump anyway.

Douglas has been hotter than OJ mayo from behind the arc this month.
jjscap
Bench Warmer
And1: 323

Post#216 » by jjscap » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:23 am

Patience is a virtue.. Lin is playing great lately.

jjscap wrote:I also think Rockets have been too harsh on Lin.. Every time I check the new I see they're complaining about him. They said he was too lazy to recover from his injury.. Not determined enough.. And they bench him in 4th even when he is playing good ball. A bit patience would be nice. This guy is almost like a rookie with limited experience, returning from a serious injury and trying to adapt to a new role in a new team.

Return to The General Board