yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

The Rockets should just trade Lin

Moderators: Morten Jensen, Blame Rasho, tsherkin, Doctor MJ, Flash3, UGA Hayes, Basti, KingCuban, NO-KG-AI, Yuri Vaultin, magnumt

Post#106 Re: The Rockets should just trade Lin
Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:15 am by Zubby

biglove44 wrote:In the second qtr, Lin, Delfino and Harden had TO's. I wonder if you understand that while Lin had TO's in the 2nd quarter; he was a big reason why they came back towards the end of that quarter to cut the deficit to 2. Sometimes, when you let a player continue to play on the court/through a couple mistakes, they can get better as the game progresses. Imagine that.

Was he not a big reason why they lost the lead in the 1st place?
Start of 3rd quarter they made a run and Lin really didnt do much, Parsons player awesome.
MKL wrote:Lin still ended up with a +6. By stats, Rockets would have still won.

It's unfair to not credit Lin on creating a lead. And at the same time blame Lin for losing a lead.

Try to be consistent. I'm only saying that Douglas is plays as SG and fit in with Harden playing PG. Douglas had NO assists in 25 minutes played.

This is probably not a problem for McHale as long as the team wins. He can use the next 2 season to move Lin or they can sort it out. Rockets are not contending for the Championship anyway.

I would like the management to have a little more consideration for Lin's development though, but McHale is a bigman's coach. He developed Lowry and Dragic out of town.


Greg Smith 8-9, 20 points 6 rebounds 3 blocks 2 to
finished with a +/- of -1....


Lowry didnt like being held out after his illness... Dragic had his best run of games to that point of his career.


thelastpope wrote:In the past 11 games Lin is shooting 44% and 34% from 3


Toney Douglas is shooting 44% & 53% from 3
Zubby
Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 6,643
And1: 368
Joined: Feb 17, 2005
Top

Post#107 Re: The Rockets should just trade Lin
Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:19 am by aether1234

Nobody wants Lin how can they trade him ? Hes a garbage player and only good for marketing and thats what the Rockets using him for, but they also needs to win games so they bench him when they need to win
aether1234
Banned User
Posts: 83
And1: 4
Joined: Aug 31, 2011
Top

Post#108 Re: The Rockets should just trade Lin
Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:20 am by b_mind

Well...the coaching staff is mind-boggling and I do feel for Lin, it's not as if he's been playing badly to warrant a 4th quarter benching. McHale is a bad coach, that's no secret, but Sampson is not any better. Only thing the Rockets organization did wrong was hiring a bad staff.

I do hope this works out, also because I do not like Douglas as a player.
b_mind
Analyst
User avatar
Posts: 3,192
And1: 10
Joined: Jul 26, 2006
Location: mind
Top

Post#109 Re: The Rockets should just trade Lin
Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:23 am by Nono

Lin, Parsons and Greg Smith for Pau Gasol ?
Nono
Banned User
Posts: 1,324
And1: 65
Joined: Feb 23, 2012
Top

Post#110 Re: The Rockets should just trade Lin
Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:24 am by MKL

Again, lets look at the trend of how McHale deal with PG personnel issues.

He uses a very pragmatic style, McHale plugs a PG in the system and if they fit, they play. If they don't he gets rid of them or freezes them on the bench.

Rockets had 6 PG on the roster during preseason 2011. They're ALL GONE. They have no one on staff to develop PGs. They don't even run sets for Lin.

I'm sure Lowry fought with McHale to get playing time as well, and look where that got him?
NBA fan for over 30 years. Please don't get rustled, live in peace.
MKL
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,714
And1: 210
Joined: Mar 19, 2012
Top

Post#111 Re: The Rockets should just trade Lin
Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:30 am by freestyler34

aether1234 wrote:Nobody wants Lin how can they trade him ? Hes a garbage player and only good for marketing and thats what the Rockets using him for, but they also needs to win games so they bench him when they need to win


This.
freestyler34
Junior
User avatar
Posts: 323
And1: 33
Joined: Mar 20, 2011
Top

Post#112 Re: The Rockets should just trade Lin
Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:32 am by EscapoTHB

DLaren wrote:
OptimusOne6 wrote:
DLaren wrote:Lin should consider himself extremely fortunate to be with the Houston Rockets. I just took a quick glance around the league and I can't find another team that Lin could force a trade to, and start for.

In the perfect world, what team would you have him traded to?

He doesn't have to start for teams, he just needs to be put in a team and in a system where he will do well and be utilized correctly.

The Lakers would be the perfect team because he would play under D'Antoni, he would learn from Steve Nash, and he would be one of their building blocks along with Dwight Howard.

I could see him doing well in other teams too like Grizzlies, Magic, Hornets, etc.


As a Lakers fan, I wouldn't pay $600 a ticket to watch Lin play basketball.


I wouldn't pay 600 to watch anyone do anything.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
EscapoTHB
Suspended
Posts: 6,453
And1: 692
Joined: Nov 26, 2011
Top

Post#113 Re: The Rockets should just trade Lin
Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:32 am by Zubby

MKL wrote:Again, lets look at the trend of how McHale deal with PG personnel issues.

He uses a very pragmatic style, McHale plugs a PG in the system and if they fit, they play. If they don't he gets rid of them or freezes them on the bench.

Rockets had 6 PG on the roster during preseason 2011. They're ALL GONE. They have no one on staff to develop PGs. They don't even run sets for Lin.

I'm sure Lowry fought with McHale to get playing time as well, and look where that got him?

Houston had 3 Centers during the season all of them are gone... Smith the 4th was pretty much Dleague the whole year.
3 of the 4 PFs from 2011 are gone
2 of the 3 SFs from 2011 are gone
All the SGs from 2011 are gone



They wanted Dragic back and McHale and Morey flew overseas to see him... offered him a contract and he wanted more money.
Zubby
Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 6,643
And1: 368
Joined: Feb 17, 2005
Top

Post#114 Re: The Rockets should just trade Lin
Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:33 am by MKL

freestyler34 wrote:
aether1234 wrote:Nobody wants Lin how can they trade him ? Hes a garbage player and only good for marketing and thats what the Rockets using him for, but they also needs to win games so they bench him when they need to win


This.


That's just plain ignorant and you know it. Why would anyone agree to this?
NBA fan for over 30 years. Please don't get rustled, live in peace.
MKL
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,714
And1: 210
Joined: Mar 19, 2012
Top

Post#115 Re: The Rockets should just trade Lin
Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:34 am by EscapoTHB

MKL wrote:Again, lets look at the trend of how McHale deal with PG personnel issues.

He uses a very pragmatic style, McHale plugs a PG in the system and if they fit, they play. If they don't he gets rid of them or freezes them on the bench.

Rockets had 6 PG on the roster during preseason 2011. They're ALL GONE. They have no one on staff to develop PGs. They don't even run sets for Lin.

I'm sure Lowry fought with McHale to get playing time as well, and look where that got him?

Didn't mchale have pg problems in Minnesota as well? Could fe onto something.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
EscapoTHB
Suspended
Posts: 6,453
And1: 692
Joined: Nov 26, 2011
Top

Post#116 Re: The Rockets should just trade Lin
Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:35 am by MKL

Zubby wrote:
MKL wrote:Again, lets look at the trend of how McHale deal with PG personnel issues.

He uses a very pragmatic style, McHale plugs a PG in the system and if they fit, they play. If they don't he gets rid of them or freezes them on the bench.

Rockets had 6 PG on the roster during preseason 2011. They're ALL GONE. They have no one on staff to develop PGs. They don't even run sets for Lin.

I'm sure Lowry fought with McHale to get playing time as well, and look where that got him?

Houston had 3 Centers during the season all of them are gone... Smith the 4th was pretty much Dleague the whole year.
3 of the 4 PFs from 2011 are gone
2 of the 3 SFs from 2011 are gone
All the SGs from 2011 are gone



They wanted Dragic back and McHale and Morey flew overseas to see him... offered him a contract and he wanted more money.


I'm sure McHale is happy with Harden. Lowry was the oddman out last year. This year it's Lin. I'm not saying McHale is wrong. Just pointing out how he handes PGs.
NBA fan for over 30 years. Please don't get rustled, live in peace.
MKL
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,714
And1: 210
Joined: Mar 19, 2012
Top

Post#117 Re: The Rockets should just trade Lin
Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:37 am by aether1234

MKL wrote:
freestyler34 wrote:
aether1234 wrote:Nobody wants Lin how can they trade him ? Hes a garbage player and only good for marketing and thats what the Rockets using him for, but they also needs to win games so they bench him when they need to win


This.


That's just plain ignorant and you know it. Why would anyone agree to this?


Truth hurts.
aether1234
Banned User
Posts: 83
And1: 4
Joined: Aug 31, 2011
Top

Post#118 Re: The Rockets should just trade Lin
Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:38 am by 22haytham22

nuposse04 wrote:
Aki wrote:lin and parsons (+money filler) for gasol straight up


Rockets can prolly do better then Pau Freaking Gasol for that.


Bargnani?
Image

TreadMilling Since 1995

Darain wrote:Dude is like 6-10, 6-12 at the most
But he is definitely not 7 foot
22haytham22




Assistant Coach
User avatar
Posts: 4,326
And1: 4,761
Joined: Apr 19, 2011
Top

Post#119 Re: The Rockets should just trade Lin
Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:39 am by MKL

Also, Morey has plainly said in multiple interviews. Every player with the exception of Harden can be traded for a Star player.

If the existing player doesn't develop to be a star, they will trade for one.

It's very possible that Lin will be traded before his 3 year contract is over. That's just part of the business.
NBA fan for over 30 years. Please don't get rustled, live in peace.
MKL
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,714
And1: 210
Joined: Mar 19, 2012
Top

Post#120 Re: The Rockets should just trade Lin
Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:40 am by AggO

the rockets are so boring to watch it's actually amazing.


Harden brings ball upcourt


passes it to Lin at 3pt line


lin dribbles a bit


no moving by anyone


lin passes ball to harden


harden goes iso and takes a shot.




i mean, lin's strength is dribble penetration, yet they refuse to run ball screens or PNR with a bigman like Asik whose a legit 7 footer that cant be guarded by anyone on the BOS roster in the PNR?


truly astounding.
AggO
Banned User
Posts: 8,600
And1: 478
Joined: Mar 13, 2006
Top

Post#121 Re: The Rockets should just trade Lin
Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:41 am by MKL

aether1234 wrote:Truth hurts.


Ignorance is bliss... for some obviously.
NBA fan for over 30 years. Please don't get rustled, live in peace.
MKL
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,714
And1: 210
Joined: Mar 19, 2012
Top

Post#122 Re: The Rockets should just trade Lin
Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:41 am by Zubby

MKL wrote:
I'm sure McHale is happy with Harden. Lowry was the oddman out last year. This year it's Lin. I'm not saying McHale is wrong. Just pointing out how he handes PGs.

You're talking out your ass
You don't even know what happened between Lowry & McHale. It was never reported. What is it McHale's fault Lowry got a bacterial infection, which kept him out for like 6 weeks?

You pointed out the turnover at the PG position... what about the large turnover rate at every other position
AggO wrote:the rockets are so boring to watch it's actually amazing.


Harden brings ball upcourt


passes it to Lin at 3pt line


lin dribbles a bit


no moving by anyone


lin passes ball to harden


harden goes iso and takes a shot.




i mean, lin's strength is dribble penetration, yet they refuse to run ball screens or PNR with a bigman like Asik whose a legit 7 footer that cant be guarded by anyone on the BOS roster in the PNR?


truly astounding.

Asik has stone hands...
At anyrate offense is not the problem.

Rockets are a top 3 team in ppg
I mean seriously how many points did they drop on the Knicks?
Zubby
Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 6,643
And1: 368
Joined: Feb 17, 2005
Top

Post#123 Re: The Rockets should just trade Lin
Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:52 am by MKL

Zubby wrote:
MKL wrote:
I'm sure McHale is happy with Harden. Lowry was the oddman out last year. This year it's Lin. I'm not saying McHale is wrong. Just pointing out how he handes PGs.

You're talking out your ass
You don't even know what happened between Lowry & McHale. It was never reported. What is it McHale's fault Lowry got a bacterial infection, which kept him out for like 6 weeks?

You pointed out the turnover at the PG position... what about the large turnover rate at every other position


You're an ass that doesn't listen. How more do I need to spell it out for you?

McHale plays the PG that he believe win games. HARDEN

The previous season, Dragic made Lowry redundant. You think McHale lose sleep over getting them both on the court the same time?

What is your point? You seem to say that Douglas is better PG than Lin, I agree that Douglas is better SG that plays with Harden at PG. Douglas posted ZERO assists in 25 minutes!

I'm saying McHale doesn't develop PGs, especially when he already have Harden on the team. McHale is a bad coach for Lin and wouldn't be surprised that Lin gets traded.

Nothing I say is shocking right?
NBA fan for over 30 years. Please don't get rustled, live in peace.
MKL
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,714
And1: 210
Joined: Mar 19, 2012
Top

Post#124 Re: The Rockets should just trade Lin
Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:00 am by MKL

Personal attack. Check your PM.
NBA fan for over 30 years. Please don't get rustled, live in peace.
MKL
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,714
And1: 210
Joined: Mar 19, 2012
Top

Post#125 Re: The Rockets should just trade Lin
Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:07 am by Zubby

MKL wrote:
You're an ass that doesn't listen. How more do I need to spell it out for you?

McHale plays the PG that he believe win games. HARDEN

The previous season, Dragic made Lowry redundant. You think McHale lose sleep over getting them both on the court the same time?

What is your point? You seem to say that Douglas is better PG than Lin, I agree that Douglas is better SG that plays with Harden at PG. Douglas posted ZERO assists in 25 minutes!

I'm saying McHale doesn't develop PGs, especially when he already have Harden on the team. McHale is a bad coach for Lin and wouldn't be surprised that Lin gets traded.

Nothing I say is shocking right?

Well can't really "listen" on an internet forum can I?
You fabricating so many things on this team and last years its ridiculous.

The way you rant you would think the team Lin is on lost. My point is Houston won.
You would be happier if lin had a big game and his team lost which is quite sad.
McHale doesn't develop PGs... yeat Dragic and Lowry both had great years in 2011...

I will say this again... Lin looks a lot like Lowry in his 1st year at Houston.
Morey always sells high at anyrate if there is a trade for Lin its not this season.
Zubby
Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 6,643
And1: 368
Joined: Feb 17, 2005
Top

PreviousNext

Return to The General Board


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AddiFB, Badams, benjamink15, bona fide rube, Ca, Chalk1, ChuckChilly, Cliff Levingston, Cycklops, dautjazz, Dunham32, dynamic duo, ebo, fast-break, FlightNumber23, Google [Bot], hands11, infinite11285, jeeph, Johnlac1, JohnnyNightrain, JohnsHopkins, jowglenn, JSW, JTayler, JVL, khufure, Kilroy, loot, memgrizzlies000, Mike Breen, Mirjalovic, mjg13, mofti, NBAfan3024, Raptors_Dynasty, RatherUnique, red32, rockersdash, RubiosBeard, sagy, SmoothCriminal, StartingBench, stojan1993, Tave, th4d, The-Power, TimoCruz, Tomazan, TRG, WhateverBro, whitehops, witnessraps, Wonderllama, Zasterror