yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

is NBA planning on implementing 5v5v5 basket ball?

Moderators: Morten Jensen, Blame Rasho, tsherkin, Doctor MJ, Flash3, UGA Hayes, Basti, KingCuban, NO-KG-AI, Yuri Vaultin, magnumt

Post#166 Re: is NBA planning on implementing 5v5v5 bas
Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:43 pm by ImmortalD24

Could you imagine the insane ticket prices?
..
ImmortalD24
Analyst
User avatar
Posts: 3,591
And1: 8
Joined: Apr 11, 2007
Top

Post#167 Re: is NBA planning on implementing 5v5v5 bas
Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:44 pm by Shook Ones

CHA_77_Bobcats wrote:I just got a much better idea:

Image

5v5v5v5v5v5 basketball.


You're welcome.


lmao i think i invented someting like this once while blazed out of my mind
Shook Ones

Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,325
And1: 81
Joined: Dec 25, 2010
Top

Post#168 Re: is NBA planning on implementing 5v5v5 bas
Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:48 pm by ImmortalD24

Geoffrey P wrote:What about ticket prices? You're seeing three teams instead of two so does this mean an increase to $150 instead of a $100 ticket? :o

beat me to it.
..
ImmortalD24
Analyst
User avatar
Posts: 3,591
And1: 8
Joined: Apr 11, 2007
Top

Post#169 Re: is NBA planning on implementing 5v5v5 bas
Mon Jan 7, 2013 7:17 pm by durden_tyler

How do you run a fastbreak on this one?
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
durden_tyler

General Manager
User avatar
Posts: 8,275
And1: 651
Joined: Jun 3, 2003
Top

Post#170 Re: is NBA planning on implementing 5v5v5 bas
Mon Jan 7, 2013 7:19 pm by PCProductions

Imagine how insane the advanced statistics for this sport would be.
In the playoffs there is a tendency to assign traits that aren't actually there based on glimpses that don't actually matter.
PCProductions

Analyst
User avatar
Posts: 3,027
And1: 1,543
Joined: Apr 18, 2012
Top

Post#171 Re: is NBA planning on implementing 5v5v5 bas
Mon Jan 7, 2013 7:34 pm by spaceballer

You lose the full point value whenever someone scores on your team, and you gain full point value when you score in your directly opposite team, but you gain only half the point value if two opposing teams score on one another.

It finally all makes sense. All you need is a four team court. That's what "Raps in 4" means!
spaceballer
Veteran
Posts: 2,656
And1: 953
Joined: Mar 5, 2012
Top

Post#172 Re: is NBA planning on implementing 5v5v5 bas
Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:45 pm by Voice_of_Reason

Th3RaptorSwag wrote:We should have a game that includes every team at once to decide NBA champions.


It could be like royal rumble!! Once you give up 5 points you are eliminated!
Image
Voice_of_Reason



Sixth Man
User avatar
Posts: 1,635
And1: 155
Joined: Feb 1, 2012
Location: Australia
Top

Post#173 Re: is NBA planning on implementing 5v5v5 bas
Mon Jan 7, 2013 10:03 pm by ubernathan

3 way game would be pretty cool every now and then; maybe do it on all star weekend. It would be interesting to see the strategies people come up with, though I think it would make Lebron even better.
ubernathan
Starter
User avatar
Posts: 2,318
And1: 160
Joined: Jan 10, 2005
Location: Under your bed!
Top

Post#174 Re: is NBA planning on implementing 5v5v5 bas
Mon Jan 7, 2013 10:44 pm by metalinguss

Do we get tables, ladders and chairs underneath?

Can they play inside a steel cage as well and whichever team escapes the cage first gets 150 points added to their score and ends the game just like in Quidditch?

How about a Royal Rumble type game? Last man standing's team wins.
kobe5rings wrote:I'm not saying Mo is better than Pau. They're pretty much on the same level. Both players are decent 2nd scoring option.


O.o
metalinguss
Rookie
User avatar
Posts: 1,023
And1: 34
Joined: May 11, 2011
Top

Post#175 Re: is NBA planning on implementing 5v5v5 bas
Mon Jan 7, 2013 11:52 pm by KyletheDingbat

EDIT: After reading through this thread my lame joke was oooold.
KyletheDingbat
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,749
And1: 675
Joined: Jun 15, 2010
Top

Post#176 Re: is NBA planning on implementing 5v5v5 bas
Tue Jan 8, 2013 12:02 am by RondoToKG

I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy from the 5th dimension. He says this is all legit.
RondoToKG

Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 4,707
And1: 258
Joined: Dec 23, 2010
Location: Delta Quadrant
Top

Post#177 Re: is NBA planning on implementing 5v5v5 bas
Tue Jan 8, 2013 4:19 pm by markdeez33

hahahahahahahah what in the world
Image
markdeez33


RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 12,779
And1: 1,735
Joined: Nov 29, 2002
Location: Augusta, GA
Top

Post#178 Re: is NBA planning on implementing 5v5v5 bas
Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:09 pm by ARISE_CHICKEN

CHA_77_Bobcats wrote:I just got a much better idea:

Image

5v5v5v5v5v5 basketball.


You're welcome.


This should be regular 5v5 games, just 3 of them at once with everyone getting in each others way. Kinda like people who shoot around on one end of a court during a full court pickup game.
ARISE_CHICKEN
Senior
Posts: 675
And1: 238
Joined: Aug 3, 2009
Top

Post#179 Re: is NBA planning on implementing 5v5v5 bas
Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:28 pm by Soupman

How about standard nba rules with some exceptions.

-no 6 foul disqualification. 6th foul and more is a technical foul(stole this from van gundy)
-shorten the length of the court by 5 feet and widen the court by 2.5 on each side.
-18 man roster limit
-nba age limit of 18 for NBA D-league only
-Scrap the lottery. Add a non-champoinship(NIT-like)lottery playoff. best team gets the #1 overall pick. nba teams that play in the lottery playoff gets cap-relief waiver(lux tax waiver cannot be used by teams other than the team that got issued the waiver) based on how far you get in the PO. They money from tv rights is divided based on how far you get in the PO.
-move NBATV to cable and have a NBATVHD and NBATV2(has more market blacked out games. They show the games 3 days AFTER the game has ended to keep the ticket sales from being gimped. Has more inside team content like pregame practices of the coaches choice and team dialog)
-add a 4th ref
-allow rebounding ball off of the cylinder(already doing this right now)
-add a 4 pointer(half court)
-allow HIGHLY SUPERVISED and LIMITED hgh treatment for players with career altering/ending injuries and injuries that keep recurring.(alan houston,Yao,Brandon roy,etc).
-add a nba team in Seatle,harlem NY, and mexico city
The universe is trolling Cuban.

Sign Kwame Brown to a max contract.
Soupman
Sixth Man
User avatar
Posts: 1,706
And1: 22
Joined: Aug 28, 2010
Top

Post#180 Re: is NBA planning on implementing 5v5v5 bas
Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:31 pm by Frank Mulely

Thread of the year so far for 2013. I nominate this to be a sticky :)
Shv3d wrote:
Frank Mulely wrote:Honestly if this was the 80s

The official motto of RealGM.
Frank Mulely
Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 6,847
And1: 632
Joined: Sep 4, 2009
Location: gone phishing
Top

Post#181 Re: is NBA planning on implementing 5v5v5 bas
Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:41 pm by Darain

Soupman wrote:How about standard nba rules with some exceptions.

-no 6 foul disqualification. 6th foul and more is a technical foul(stole this from van gundy)
-shorten the length of the court by 5 feet and widen the court by 2.5 on each side.
-18 man roster limit
-nba age limit of 18 for NBA D-league only
-Scrap the lottery. Add a non-champoinship(NIT-like)lottery playoff. best team gets the #1 overall pick. nba teams that play in the lottery playoff gets cap-relief waiver(lux tax waiver cannot be used by teams other than the team that got issued the waiver) based on how far you get in the PO. They money from tv rights is divided based on how far you get in the PO.
-move NBATV to cable and have a NBATVHD and NBATV2(has more market blacked out games. They show the games 3 days AFTER the game has ended to keep the ticket sales from being gimped. Has more inside team content like pregame practices of the coaches choice and team dialog)
-add a 4th ref
-allow rebounding ball off of the cylinder(already doing this right now)
-add a 4 pointer(half court)
-allow HIGHLY SUPERVISED and LIMITED hgh treatment for players with career altering/ending injuries and injuries that keep recurring.(alan houston,Yao,Brandon roy,etc).
-add a nba team in Seatle,harlem NY, and mexico city

I can't tell if this a troll post or not
crowd goes wild wrote:Joel Anthony. Dude could probably give you around 27 ppg if he wasn't playing along side Chris Bosh.

I'm not a Kobe fan
nhh90 wrote:Kobe hasn't been doubled in a game since 07-08 season.
Darain
Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 5,294
And1: 34
Joined: Dec 9, 2010
Location: Florida
Top

Post#182 Re: is NBA planning on implementing 5v5v5 bas
Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:46 pm by JDRochholz

Lol Mr. Gullible
Image
JDRochholz


General Manager
User avatar
Posts: 7,715
And1: 635
Joined: May 25, 2010
Location: Hawkeye Nation
Top

Post#183 Re: is NBA planning on implementing 5v5v5 bas
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:33 pm by Froob

Authority wrote:I found this in a trash can outside the Bradley Center in Milwaukee. Obviously some prototype for gravity-modified basketball. Teams have one basket to defend and there are three balls. I can imagine center-court getting a little rowdy with the constantly shifting/unstable gravity fields, but it looks like it would work.

Image

I hope the celtics blow it up before this happens. Can't see Pierce and KG adding another dimension to their game this late in their careers.
"Jordan Crawford kind of scares me. Like that kid in highschool who you let copy your homework once and then he wants to sit next to you everytime theres a test. Im not sure how that translates to the basketball court but dont let him get goin."
Froob




General Manager
User avatar
Posts: 8,704
And1: 2,332
Joined: Nov 3, 2010
Location: The Original Portland
Top

Post#184 Re: is NBA planning on implementing 5v5v5 bas
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:44 pm by Guy986

Froob wrote:
Authority wrote:I found this in a trash can outside the Bradley Center in Milwaukee. Obviously some prototype for gravity-modified basketball. Teams have one basket to defend and there are three balls. I can imagine center-court getting a little rowdy with the constantly shifting/unstable gravity fields, but it looks like it would work.

Image

I hope the celtics blow it up before this happens. Can't see Pierce and KG adding another dimension to their game this late in their careers.


:clap:
Image
Guy986
RealGM
Posts: 17,600
And1: 581
Joined: Oct 8, 2005
Location: BBG Nation unite!
Top

Post#185 Re: is NBA planning on implementing 5v5v5 bas
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:54 pm by UGA Hayes

Froob wrote:
Authority wrote:I found this in a trash can outside the Bradley Center in Milwaukee. Obviously some prototype for gravity-modified basketball. Teams have one basket to defend and there are three balls. I can imagine center-court getting a little rowdy with the constantly shifting/unstable gravity fields, but it looks like it would work.

Image

I hope the celtics blow it up before this happens. Can't see Pierce and KG adding another dimension to their game this late in their careers.



Ont the flip side the Matrix may just win the next 20 MVPs
UGA Hayes
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
User avatar
Posts: 13,543
And1: 455
Joined: Jan 5, 2004
Location: real gm
Top

PreviousNext

Return to The General Board


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 2Chainz, Amirfan4eva, anuroc, Asianiac_24, bruh, burritoKURUMA, cloudng8, Crowax, Cycklops, DemonLizard, dVs33, dynamic duo, fatlever, Fischella, Fitz303, Foliohattu, Frank Dux, franktony, GettinitDone, Ginobili, Greatness, hsb, JackKnife2ooo, JamesConway, Jared_Farver, JasonStern, JesusHCoxMd, JoeyCrawford, Kmz, LKTD, Max Rockafeller, Mr Burns, NOFX, NyCeEvO, Orange21, Raptor_Guy, Rosque, Rupert Murdoch, SexDrugsPnR, sisq0kidd, sniperelite, STA 13, TheSpecialist, TheUroborosWorm, Walmart, whonka, WIN, WinisKing, Winsome Gerbil, Wizardspride