is NBA planning on implementing 5v5v5 basket ball?

Moderators: Morten Jensen, Blame Rasho, UGA Hayes, Doctor MJ, Yuri Vaultin, NO-KG-AI, Mark K, tsherkin, magnumt, Flash3

Darain
Lead Assistant
And1: 34

Re: is NBA planning on implementing 5v5v5 basket ball? 

Post#181 » by Darain » Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:41 pm

Soupman wrote:How about standard nba rules with some exceptions.

-no 6 foul disqualification. 6th foul and more is a technical foul(stole this from van gundy)
-shorten the length of the court by 5 feet and widen the court by 2.5 on each side.
-18 man roster limit
-nba age limit of 18 for NBA D-league only
-Scrap the lottery. Add a non-champoinship(NIT-like)lottery playoff. best team gets the #1 overall pick. nba teams that play in the lottery playoff gets cap-relief waiver(lux tax waiver cannot be used by teams other than the team that got issued the waiver) based on how far you get in the PO. They money from tv rights is divided based on how far you get in the PO.
-move NBATV to cable and have a NBATVHD and NBATV2(has more market blacked out games. They show the games 3 days AFTER the game has ended to keep the ticket sales from being gimped. Has more inside team content like pregame practices of the coaches choice and team dialog)
-add a 4th ref
-allow rebounding ball off of the cylinder(already doing this right now)
-add a 4 pointer(half court)
-allow HIGHLY SUPERVISED and LIMITED hgh treatment for players with career altering/ending injuries and injuries that keep recurring.(alan houston,Yao,Brandon roy,etc).
-add a nba team in Seatle,harlem NY, and mexico city

I can't tell if this a troll post or not
crowd goes wild wrote:Joel Anthony. Dude could probably give you around 27 ppg if he wasn't playing along side Chris Bosh.

I'm not a Kobe fan
nhh90 wrote:Kobe hasn't been doubled in a game since 07-08 season.
JDRochholz
General Manager
And1: 877

Post#182 » by JDRochholz » Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:46 pm

Lol Mr. Gullible
Froob
RealGM
And1: 3,935

Post#183 » by Froob » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:33 am

Authority wrote:I found this in a trash can outside the Bradley Center in Milwaukee. Obviously some prototype for gravity-modified basketball. Teams have one basket to defend and there are three balls. I can imagine center-court getting a little rowdy with the constantly shifting/unstable gravity fields, but it looks like it would work.

I hope the celtics blow it up before this happens. Can't see Pierce and KG adding another dimension to their game this late in their careers.
#18 here we come!
credit to wetsthebed for the sig
Guy986
RealGM
And1: 622

Post#184 » by Guy986 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:44 am

Froob wrote:
Authority wrote:I found this in a trash can outside the Bradley Center in Milwaukee. Obviously some prototype for gravity-modified basketball. Teams have one basket to defend and there are three balls. I can imagine center-court getting a little rowdy with the constantly shifting/unstable gravity fields, but it looks like it would work.

I hope the celtics blow it up before this happens. Can't see Pierce and KG adding another dimension to their game this late in their careers.

:clap:
UGA Hayes
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 587

Post#185 » by UGA Hayes » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:54 am

Froob wrote:

Ont the flip side the Matrix may just win the next 20 MVPs
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 1,442
Location: There are good players and there are bad players... Then...there's the other guys

Post#186 » by nykballa2k4 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:20 am

Great thread.

Though if we were to entertain that the court from OP had some bit of truth behind it, likely an all-star related thing.
There is no asterisk on ANY N.B.A. titles.

Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Plan for success: draft Towns, sign Asik, Win. TAW
Grumpy Heat Fan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#187 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Wed Jan 9, 2013 6:03 am

Arena ball candidate.
DaRealHibachi
Veteran
And1: 29

Post#188 » by DaRealHibachi » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:36 pm

SVictor wrote:So if a technical foul is called, who goes to the FT line? The other 11 teams?

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fan of the worst above .500 team ever.. :banghead:

Return to The General Board