yardbarker

is NBA planning on implementing 5v5v5 basket ball?

Moderators: Morten Jensen, Blame Rasho, Flash3, tsherkin, magnumt, UGA Hayes, Basti, KingCuban, Yuri Vaultin, NO-KG-AI

Post#181 Re: is NBA planning on implementing 5v5v5 bas
Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:41 pm by Darain

Soupman wrote:How about standard nba rules with some exceptions.

-no 6 foul disqualification. 6th foul and more is a technical foul(stole this from van gundy)
-shorten the length of the court by 5 feet and widen the court by 2.5 on each side.
-18 man roster limit
-nba age limit of 18 for NBA D-league only
-Scrap the lottery. Add a non-champoinship(NIT-like)lottery playoff. best team gets the #1 overall pick. nba teams that play in the lottery playoff gets cap-relief waiver(lux tax waiver cannot be used by teams other than the team that got issued the waiver) based on how far you get in the PO. They money from tv rights is divided based on how far you get in the PO.
-move NBATV to cable and have a NBATVHD and NBATV2(has more market blacked out games. They show the games 3 days AFTER the game has ended to keep the ticket sales from being gimped. Has more inside team content like pregame practices of the coaches choice and team dialog)
-add a 4th ref
-allow rebounding ball off of the cylinder(already doing this right now)
-add a 4 pointer(half court)
-allow HIGHLY SUPERVISED and LIMITED hgh treatment for players with career altering/ending injuries and injuries that keep recurring.(alan houston,Yao,Brandon roy,etc).
-add a nba team in Seatle,harlem NY, and mexico city

I can't tell if this a troll post or not
crowd goes wild wrote:Joel Anthony. Dude could probably give you around 27 ppg if he wasn't playing along side Chris Bosh.

I'm not a Kobe fan
nhh90 wrote:Kobe hasn't been doubled in a game since 07-08 season.
Darain
Lead Assistant
And1: 33

Post#182 Re: is NBA planning on implementing 5v5v5 bas
Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:46 pm by JDRochholz

Lol Mr. Gullible
JDRochholz

Head Coach
And1: 335

Post#183 Re: is NBA planning on implementing 5v5v5 bas
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:33 pm by Froob

Authority wrote:I found this in a trash can outside the Bradley Center in Milwaukee. Obviously some prototype for gravity-modified basketball. Teams have one basket to defend and there are three balls. I can imagine center-court getting a little rowdy with the constantly shifting/unstable gravity fields, but it looks like it would work.

I hope the celtics blow it up before this happens. Can't see Pierce and KG adding another dimension to their game this late in their careers.
"Jordan Crawford kind of scares me. Like that kid in highschool who you let copy your homework once and then he wants to sit next to you everytime theres a test. Im not sure how that translates to the basketball court but dont let him get goin."
Froob

General Manager
And1: 1,323

Post#184 Re: is NBA planning on implementing 5v5v5 bas
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:44 pm by Guy986

Froob wrote:
Authority wrote:I found this in a trash can outside the Bradley Center in Milwaukee. Obviously some prototype for gravity-modified basketball. Teams have one basket to defend and there are three balls. I can imagine center-court getting a little rowdy with the constantly shifting/unstable gravity fields, but it looks like it would work.

I hope the celtics blow it up before this happens. Can't see Pierce and KG adding another dimension to their game this late in their careers.

:clap:
Guy986
RealGM
And1: 293

Post#185 Re: is NBA planning on implementing 5v5v5 bas
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:54 pm by UGA Hayes

Froob wrote:

Ont the flip side the Matrix may just win the next 20 MVPs
UGA Hayes
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 311

Post#186 Re: is NBA planning on implementing 5v5v5 bas
Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:20 am by nykballa2k4

Great thread.

Though if we were to entertain that the court from OP had some bit of truth behind it, likely an all-star related thing.
There is no asterisk on ANY N.B.A. titles.

Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 571
Location: There are good players and there are bad players... Then...there's the other guys

Post#187 Re: is NBA planning on implementing 5v5v5 bas
Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:03 am by StrengthNHonor

Arena ball candidate.
StrengthNHonor
Analyst
And1: 152

Post#188 Re: is NBA planning on implementing 5v5v5 bas
Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:36 am by DaRealHibachi

SVictor wrote:So if a technical foul is called, who goes to the FT line? The other 11 teams?

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
On Eric Maynor, nate33 wrote:Our record in games that Wall played was roughly .500. Meanwhile, on a per48 basis, with Maynor in the game, we lose games by an average of 30 points.
DaRealHibachi
Veteran
And1: 28

Previous

Return to The General Board