Race to the MVP pt. III

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,351

Re: Race to the MVP pt. III 

Post#1481 » by Hero » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:52 pm

So since the race is pretty much over, were talking about their place in the top 25?
I will say that it's too early to really project where KD is gonna land. He has a good chance of getting really high on the scoring list but he's 24 and we have to see if he can stay healthy. I don't see him as top 10 player all time because you need to be a 2 way player and do much more than scoring.
arifgokcen
Rookie
And1: 153

Post#1482 » by arifgokcen » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:22 pm

Hero wrote:So since the race is pretty much over, were talking about their place in the top 25?
I will say that it's too early to really project where KD is gonna land. He has a good chance of getting really high on the scoring list but he's 24 and we have to see if he can stay healthy. I don't see him as top 10 player all time because you need to be a 2 way player and do much more than scoring.

I think everybody agreed on that part.Durant as good as he is is just too not all around enough to be top 10 of all time and i dont think i have heard anybody mention him as having a GOAT potential so no problem there.Lebron on the other hand from day 1 actually since his sophomore year was talked about a potential GOAT candidate.One of the greatest all around performers one of the best defenders so we shall see what happens
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#1483 » by LikeABosh » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:47 am

Francois wrote:Ive come to believe 99% of people cant accurately asses where this guys at. Not that i know myself but most of us haven't seen him. But statistically i find it hard to believe hed be far out of teh top 10 if out at all. Im guessing hes harshly judged by the lack of rings.

You're probably right because I don't how to rank him either. I was just pointing out that most people won't even bring big O into the discussion when placing lebron on the all time list.
Styrian
Junior
And1: 169

Post#1484 » by Styrian » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:00 pm

arifgokcen wrote:
Hero wrote:So since the race is pretty much over, were talking about their place in the top 25?

I think everybody agreed on that part.Durant as good as he is is just too not all around enough to be top 10 of all time and i dont think i have heard anybody mention him as having a GOAT potential so no problem there.Lebron on the other hand from day 1 actually since his sophomore year was talked about a potential GOAT candidate.One of the greatest all around performers one of the best defenders so we shall see what happens

Durant is playing at the higher level than Lebron did at 24 and accomplished more in first five years than him.
Antrim
Sixth Man
And1: 703

Post#1485 » by Antrim » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:15 pm

Styrian wrote:
arifgokcen wrote:

Durant is playing at the higher level than Lebron did at 24 and accomplished more in first five years than him.

Neither is true.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Sony17
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#1486 » by Sony17 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:41 pm

At 24 bron was putting up 30 ppg with 9 asst and 7.5 reb. Working on his 2nd straight mvp with a peak wade. Prime kobe, nash, dirk, legendary celtics. Duncan and all still in the league. Please durant was not doing this and still wont until bron declines
JSmooth93
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,844

Post#1487 » by JSmooth93 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:03 pm

Sony17 wrote:At 24 bron was putting up 30 ppg with 9 asst and 7.5 reb. Working on his 2nd straight mvp with a peak wade. Prime kobe, nash, dirk, legendary celtics. Duncan and all still in the league. Please durant was not doing this and still wont until bron declines

Did you just make all that up?

Lebron was on the Cavaliers at 24 during the 08-09 season.
With season averages of
28.4 PPG 7.6 RPG 7.2 APG 1.7 SPG and 1.1 BPG
Do you mean his 2nd MVP competing against a peak wade?
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,554

Post#1488 » by Colbinii » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:05 pm

Styrian wrote:Durant is playing at the higher level than Lebron did at 24 and accomplished more in first five years than him.

If Durant had to play in the west vs Prime Kobe, Dirk, Nash, Duncan, ect, he wouldn't be a top 5 player in the league whatsoever. What Durant is doing is impressive, but lets not get ahead of ourselves.
Lebron also had a higher ceiling, and to say otherwise is blasphemous.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#1489 » by kingkirk » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:13 pm

This thread is over.

Someone start a new one.

Return to The General Board