Dwight/Kobe feuding"we have to play like we like each other"

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,302

Dwight/Kobe feuding"we have to play like we like each other" 

Post#1 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Mon Jan 7, 2013 4:09 am

Jan 7, 2012
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baske ... z2HH6HjvTn

article wrote:A league source told the Daily News that the Lakers stars got into a heated exchange following a New Year’s Day loss to the 76ers, and Bryant went for a low blow – referencing and agreeing with Shaquille O’Neal’s criticisms of Howard being soft.

Howard was restrained from going at his teammate, according to the source, and there have been rumblings from the center’s camp that he’s been unhappy with Bryant since earlier in the season.

--------------------

Jan 5, 2012
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/stor ... each-other

Dwight wrote:(Chemistry is) something we have to do to get better. We have to play like we like each other. Even if we don't want to be friends off the court, whatever that may be, when we step in between the lines or we step in the locker room or the gym, we have to respect each other and what we bring to the table.

--------------------------

My comments : Personally, I saw this coming a mile away. Dwight was not going to be happy in LA. The drama is only going to get worse if the Lakers keep losing.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
High0ctane21
Lead Assistant
And1: 538

Re: ESPN : Dwight "we have to play like we like each other" 

Post#2 » by High0ctane21 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 4:21 am

Kobe made comments earlier that said Dwight and Meta were the only ones besides him who actually WANT to try hard and win. I don't think Kobe/Dwight don't get along.
PRESTIGE
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,132
Location: The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

Post#3 » by PRESTIGE » Mon Jan 7, 2013 4:32 am

Dwight is already thinking about ATL.
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,026

Post#4 » by heatwillbeback » Mon Jan 7, 2013 4:35 am

Dwight should learn to permanently shut his mouth
MICHAEL_JORDAN
Banned User
And1: 124

Post#5 » by MICHAEL_JORDAN » Mon Jan 7, 2013 4:37 am

I think that whole team needs to shut they're mouths and just suck it up. They can still make the playoffs.
RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Post#6 » by RJM » Mon Jan 7, 2013 4:41 am

Oh Dwight...
Apathy
Banned User
And1: 39

Post#7 » by Apathy » Mon Jan 7, 2013 4:44 am

The Dwightmare continues.

michaeljacksonpopcorn.jpg
Zasterror
RealGM
And1: 10,019

Post#8 » by Zasterror » Mon Jan 7, 2013 4:45 am

Oh boy...this is only going to get better from here lol
Grammer Nazi
Junior
And1: 575

Post#9 » by Grammer Nazi » Mon Jan 7, 2013 4:58 am

Apathy wrote:The Dwightmare continues.

michaeljacksonpopcorn.jpg

It's actually a .gif.
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,302

Post#10 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Mon Jan 7, 2013 5:09 am

MICHAEL_JORDAN wrote:I think that whole team needs to shut they're mouths and just suck it up. They can still make the playoffs.

They can, but it's going to be a 7th or 8th seed at this point. 3 games below .500

There is a legit chance that the Lakers miss the playoffs. I see Dwight going to ATLANTA after this season.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
The Fax
Senior
And1: 33

Post#11 » by The Fax » Mon Jan 7, 2013 5:20 am

Dwight to Atlanta? Why the **** would he do that? To play with Jeff Teague and Josh Smith? Or is he bringing CP3 with him? Ahhh..of course, the PG on the best team in the league right now is going to ditch LA as well.

:roll:

Its obvious that the Kobe/Dwight dynamic would be troublesome. Dwight has the same personality as Shaq except he's much more sensitive. He's probably ticked off at getting the cold shoulder from Kobe to "hang out" a couple times. Kobe is an anti-social dick that feels he is better than everyone else, Dwight should have known this long ago.
Tave
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,356

Post#12 » by Tave » Mon Jan 7, 2013 5:45 am

I laugh as loud as anyone else at the LakerFreakShow, but there's no need to blast Dwight for this quote. He's right. They're running around like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off. They don't pay attention on defense. Pringles feeds Metta like a horse. Pau wanders around all frantic/zombieish. Dwight's a walking turnover. Nash just disappears. Kobe hangs out fuming at everyone until he gets tired of losing and starts launching uncontrollably.

The Lakers are a big bowl of suck, and they could use some chemistry.
RRFB
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,247

Post#13 » by RRFB » Mon Jan 7, 2013 5:48 am

I'd love to hear what's going on in the Lakers locker room right now. It's only a matter of time before Kobe storms into Kupchak's office and demand he trade or fire everyone else on the team.
Optms
RealGM
And1: 16,925

Post#14 » by Optms » Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:11 am

The Fax wrote:Dwight to Atlanta? Why the **** would he do that? To play with Jeff Teague and Josh Smith? Or is he bringing CP3 with him? Ahhh..of course, the PG on the best team in the league right now is going to ditch LA as well.

:roll:

Its obvious that the Kobe/Dwight dynamic would be troublesome. Dwight has the same personality as Shaq except he's much more sensitive. He's probably ticked off at getting the cold shoulder from Kobe to "hang out" a couple times. Kobe is an anti-social dick that feels he is better than everyone else, Dwight should have known this long ago.

Its startling how you're able to draw up such definitive conclusions of peoples personal lives whom you've never met, much less have or will ever be apart of. I feel like I've learned more about you in your brief rant than the wisdom you've deluded yourself into thinking you've bestowed upon us.
AntwanBoldin
Sixth Man
And1: 70

Post#15 » by AntwanBoldin » Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:13 am

The lakers never should've rushed him back from the back injury.

They aren't winning with him anyway, and now that he's feeling no love he could seriously consider bolting
Heats_Finest
Banned User
And1: 33

Post#16 » by Heats_Finest » Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:14 am

Lakers are a ticking time bomb. Dwight Howard is the biggest diva in the NBA, he's one of those guys if you're his team mate you're saying why are you always bitching to the media about your team mates. Then you have Kobe who does the exact same thing, but also never thinks he's part of the problem. So when Dwight says something like team mates not liking each other off the court, I can understand that when you've got two guys on it constantly talking **** about you to the media, in Dwight and Kobe.
EscapoTHB
Suspended
And1: 1,249

Post#17 » by EscapoTHB » Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:19 am

I feel bad for Nash. He only went to the lakers to ring chase. He should have just gone to Toronto. Probably would have been a better way to end his career.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#18 » by thamadkant » Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:38 am

Nash should request trade.
Gasol too...
TheAlchemist
General Manager
And1: 8,228

Re: ESPN : Dwight 

Post#19 » by TheAlchemist » Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:51 am

EscapoTHB wrote:I feel bad for Nash. He only went to the lakers to ring chase. He should have just gone to Toronto. Probably would have been a better way to end his career.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Nah. We woulda sucked anyway you look at it.
Ronito
Lead Assistant
And1: 101

Dwight, Kobe go at it 

Post#20 » by Ronito » Mon Jan 7, 2013 8:03 am

More turmoil for the Lakers.

Source: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baske ... z2HH5n2sC8

A league source told the Daily News that the Lakers stars got into a heated exchange following a New Year’s Day loss to the 76ers, and Bryant went for a low blow – referencing and agreeing with Shaquille O’Neal’s criticisms of Howard being soft.

Howard was restrained from going at his teammate, according to the source, and there have been rumblings from the center’s camp that he’s been unhappy with Bryant since earlier in the season

Return to The General Board