Dwight/Kobe feuding"we have to play like we like each other"

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Brovva Blaqq
Banned User
And1: 67

Re: Dwight/Kobe feuding"we have to play like we like each ot 

Post#81 » by Brovva Blaqq » Mon Jan 7, 2013 5:16 pm

StrengthNHonor wrote:amnestying Kobe

Yeah, of course...
HotRocks34
RealGM
And1: 17,568

Post#82 » by HotRocks34 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 5:18 pm

moocow007 wrote:
Someone should just ask Peace...he's never been one to mince words. If it happened, MWP will likely say "yeah".

Metta is the funniest guy in the world. And he definitely is honest.

I remember an interview with him when he just joined the Lakers in 2008 or whatever. Someone asked him why LA brought him in, or something similar to that, and he said something like "Well, the Lakers got punked by the Celtics (in the 2008 NBA Finals; LA was criticized for not being physical enough in the series). Lakers got punked by the Celtics." And then he went from there. It was hilarious, and true.

Metta did some video interview thing with a young woman from the Lakers Nation website this season, not long ago, actually. I think it was when the Lakers were on the road and Metta was in his hotel. He's just a free-spirited, fun dude. I would love to be him for a day.
** Embiid is the only MVP in NBA history to never make a conference final
** Philly won multiple playoff games without MVP Embiid, including a 2nd-round game on the road
** LeBron missed the playoffs with Davis
** Steph missed the playoffs without Klay
Beardman
Veteran
And1: 181

Post#83 » by Beardman » Mon Jan 7, 2013 5:21 pm

Brovva Blaqq wrote:
StrengthNHonor wrote:amnestying Kobe

Yeah, of course...

The posters who constantly keep pushing that agenda are delusional. Lakers will never amnesty Kobe freaking Bryant or attempt to move him. That would be way more problematic than whatever is going on now.
MVP Rose
Banned User
And1: 35

Post#84 » by MVP Rose » Mon Jan 7, 2013 5:33 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: the lakers are such a mess
Dr Pepper
Assistant Coach
And1: 338

Post#85 » by Dr Pepper » Mon Jan 7, 2013 5:36 pm

According to LA season ticket holders that were present at the open shootaround before the Nuggets game, Dwight and Kobe didn't talk to eachother for the entire 2.5 hours even though they talked to other teammates. #moredrama
Kobe vs MJ "Clone Wars" NBA.com video:

Frosty wrote:Funny this is called Clone Wars because Kobe is like the second installment of the Star Wars series. It looked like Star Wars but came up short. But it did appeal to the kiddies.
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#86 » by nuposse04 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 5:42 pm

Teague
Korver
J. Smith
Horford
Howard

Lol. Yah if this keeps up Howard has no reasoning to in LAL in terms of trying to win anything. Endorsements...sure, but if he actually wants to win in the short term...the Lakers are looking like they're in unlikely position to deliver upon that.
Illogicality
Bench Warmer
And1: 210

Post#87 » by Illogicality » Mon Jan 7, 2013 5:51 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH1L9Vc4gW8[/youtube]

Kobe's team, should've went after the Zen Master. I don't get why they didn't give Phil what he wanted. He's won 10 titles and Dwight would've fight in perfectly into his system, but they chose D'Antoni for an old slow team?
lorak
Head Coach
And1: 2,231

Post#88 » by lorak » Mon Jan 7, 2013 5:55 pm

Illogicality wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH1L9Vc4gW8[/youtube]

So we should blame you, Kobe?
gpguy25
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#89 » by gpguy25 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:03 pm

Dwight Howard is a loser. He really hasn't accomplished anything in his career. He is only a wanted piece because big men are hard to find. To be quite honest, the last time I really paid any sort of attention to Howard's game, I said to myself that this guy just isn't as talented as he thinks he is. If he was 6' 7" he would not be a Professional Basketball player IMHO.
Green 17.
Apathy
Banned User
And1: 39

Post#90 » by Apathy » Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:12 pm

gpguy25 wrote:He really hasn't accomplished anything in his career.

:roll:

Dragging a sorry Magic squad to the Finals? Briefly rivaling LeBron as the best player in the world?

D12's peak > Kobe's peak. Only difference is it's harder to see because D12's peak was mostly about defense, even though his offense was still quite efficient.
PCProductions
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,989

Post#91 » by PCProductions » Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:15 pm

Lakers fans keep dodging the real issue: Kobe Bryant. I'm not saying he's playing badly, because he definitely IS NOT, but he's extremely disruptive to a good chemistry. This team could work without him. Imagine instead of Kobe they rounded their bench out with decent scoring options like a Landry/Jack or a Crawford/Bledsoe. That would be a scary team.
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,733

Post#92 » by ROballer » Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:16 pm

Kam Pashai ‏@KamPashai

RE: Kobe/Dwight argument. RT @kobebryant: @breck_one not true chief. I keep it 100
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
mhsiao
Rookie
And1: 206

Post#93 » by mhsiao » Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:19 pm

Apathy wrote: :roll:

Dragging a sorry Magic squad to the Finals? Briefly rivaling LeBron as the best player in the world?

I don't think that Magic Squad is bad without anyone, Rashard Lewis was on drug and Turkoglu was playing for his contact.

None-less

I think it is going to be interesting if Jerry Buss going to make tough decision again. Years ago he made decision by side with Kobe when he was forced to pick between Shaq and Kobe. I wonder who he will pick this time if he has to pick Dwight and Kobe.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,984

Post#94 » by moocow007 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:23 pm

nuposse04 wrote:Teague
Korver
J. Smith
Horford
Howard

Lol. Yah if this keeps up Howard has no reasoning to in LAL in terms of trying to win anything. Endorsements...sure, but if he actually wants to win in the short term...the Lakers are looking like they're in unlikely position to deliver upon that.

Horford and Howard would not fit. In that situation you'd look to move Horford for an upgrade at either guard spot.
B-Scott
Head Coach
And1: 94

Post#95 » by B-Scott » Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:49 pm

Considering Howard has a history of being a big cry baby and Kobe has 5 titles, i don't see how anyone can side with Dwight.

Phil Jackson was a tough minded coach and he tought Kobe how to be mentally tough and man up. Kobe just gets frustrated with mentally weak players

Lamar, Bynum, Fisher were tougher. Kobe now looks to his right on the bench and sees a overrated crybaby who wants to be superman
SweetTouch
RealGM
And1: 2,956

Post#96 » by SweetTouch » Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:56 pm

@MagicJohnson: .@DwightHoward has to stop complaining and start dominating on offense....@PauGasol has to stop playing soft and get back to 18pts & 10rebs!

Lol magic needs to know when to shut up

@forumbluegold: Wait. How is Magic going to praise a column that called D'Antoni a failure & in the very next tweet say he's tired of blaming the coach?
Said it best :lol:
Stop being so disrespectful.
CharlieMurphy
Junior
And1: 10

Post#97 » by CharlieMurphy » Mon Jan 7, 2013 7:55 pm

PCProductions wrote:Lakers fans keep dodging the real issue: Kobe Bryant. I'm not saying he's playing badly, because he definitely IS NOT, but he's extremely disruptive to a good chemistry. This team could work without him. Imagine instead of Kobe they rounded their bench out with decent scoring options like a Landry/Jack or a Crawford/Bledsoe. That would be a scary team.

Not that scary when they're missing out on 20 or so points that are basically the difference between them losing by 5 and getting blown out by 25.
arifgokcen
Rookie
And1: 153

Post#98 » by arifgokcen » Mon Jan 7, 2013 7:58 pm

PCProductions wrote:Lakers fans keep dodging the real issue: Kobe Bryant. I'm not saying he's playing badly, because he definitely IS NOT, but he's extremely disruptive to a good chemistry. This team could work without him. Imagine instead of Kobe they rounded their bench out with decent scoring options like a Landry/Jack or a Crawford/Bledsoe. That would be a scary team.

I love kobe a lot but this might be true.He is just taking so many shots considering the talent level of this team and the personality of their top players.Their best asset twin towers doesnt get enough opportunities.Kobe should be taking around 16-18 shots instead of 22-24 shots per game iwe may not see the results immediately but it would be much better in the long run
CharlieMurphy
Junior
And1: 10

Post#99 » by CharlieMurphy » Mon Jan 7, 2013 8:05 pm

How is it that Kobe's taken responsibility this entire season for losses (see: the many times he's blamed himself for turning the ball over too much), and we claim that he's the one ruining the Lakers' chemistry? I haven't seen him once say anything that really put blame on his teammates outside of asking them to reach for their full potential.

Yet, Dwight Howard has been allowed shift blame all season from his poor FT shooting, his being a liability on the court the entire 4th quarter, his poor ability to hold on to the ball in the post, his silly fouling, his late rotations, his by every measure average play this entire season, to his teammates without anyone batting an eye.

The game last night was a perfect example of this team's problems. Even when they're moving the ball well, they can't get defensive stops in the paint, and end up down late in games. Then it all falls on Kobe Bryant to bring the team back from a lopsided loss and then we all complain that Kobe is the reason they lost the game.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,338

Post#100 » by ibraheim718 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 8:05 pm

This.

It seems like anytime the team has just a little bit of momentum the guy takes a horrible shot. It's like he's doing it on purpose but doesn't even want to.

Return to The General Board