yardbarker

John Wall Has Gotten FAT

Moderators: Morten Jensen, Blame Rasho, Flash3, Yuri Vaultin, magnumt, tsherkin, NO-KG-AI, Doctor MJ, UGA Hayes, Basti, KingCuban

Post#61 Re: John Wall Has Gotten FAT
Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:00 am by big_ticket

karl_marx wrote:
CoachKobe wrote:got my new house:

got my new porsche:

got my $25m contract

don't care...

____

:D

/endthread

8-)
big_ticket

Analyst
And1: 198

Post#62 Re: John Wall Has Gotten FAT
Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:16 am by Dupp

Im guessing he couldnt do much stuff like running etc with his injury but you can always hit the pool and get your diet right.

But liek someone said he'll lose it in no time.
KingCuban wrote:Hey Guys!

The Cavs are great!

Lebron!!! Yeah, welcome back, bruh!
Dupp

RealGM
And1: 14,403

Post#63 Re: John Wall Has Gotten FAT
Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:25 am by 624

BubbaTee wrote:
LEHGOCELTICS wrote:That looks like a much greater fat gain than 6-7 lbs to me.

Muscle is heavier than fat (edit: by volume), so he could have had muscle turn to fat without gaining weight, then gain 7-lbs of fat on top of that.

muscle can not turn to fat

this is broscience at its finest
Lead Assistant
And1: 177

Post#64 Re: John Wall Has Gotten FAT
Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:28 am by ricochet

TheBigThree wrote:
Jimmy Recard wrote:
ChiCitySPORTS#1 wrote:He'll lose that in 20 days.

+1

B-b-b-but........HAVE YOU SEEN DERRICK ROSE??

Christ, the insecurity of Rose fans is hilarious.

Even their leg injuries are reason for some silly competition.

You couldn't be more right.
ricochet
Sixth Man
And1: 18

Post#65 Re: John Wall Has Gotten FAT
Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:28 am by ahunterknight

BubbaTee wrote:

Muscle is heavier than fat (edit: by volume), so he could have had muscle turn to fat without gaining weight, then gain 7-lbs of fat on top of that.

:roll: do you even lift?seriously muscle and fat are completely two different things and muscle can't turn into fat
Also muscle is not heavier then fat.
ahunterknight
Junior
And1: 4

Post#66 Re: John Wall Has Gotten FAT
Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:32 am by SalamiNCheez

624 wrote:
BubbaTee wrote:

and vice versa. lol. Can't believe I missed that post. Lots of people here who are clueless about exercise and diet.
SalamiNCheez

RealGM
And1: 1,677

Post#67 Re: John Wall Has Gotten FAT
Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:45 am by dangermouse

It was 90% his diet. I read an interview he did a couple of months ago, apparenlty he was hanging out with his moms a lot who was cooking for him, cooking that fatty southern fried comfort food.

Bro needs some vegetables.

Hes 22 though, once he gets back into the swing of things it'll melt off.
Fri Jul 5, 2013 4:36 am by dangermouse
dangermouse wrote:44 is my best guess.

I think we make the playoffs, no lower than 6th seed.
dangermouse
Assistant Coach
And1: 165

Post#68 Re: John Wall Has Gotten FAT
Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:19 am by TheCage4

Oliver Miller has a son in the NBA?
Dirk Nowitzki is a model of what a professional athlete should be.
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 27

Post#69 Re: John Wall Has Gotten FAT
Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:21 am by Slava

John Wall
‚úĒ
@John_Wall
8 Jan 13
Proud member of the NBA FIT Team! Make a pledge like me to live a healthier lifestyle. nba.com/nbafit @nbacares

Marty Schottenheimer@MartyVMcfly
@John_Wall I saw you last night warming up, you looking fat boiiiiiii! We need you back get fit my dude lol #wizkids

:lol:
"When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him." - Jonathan Swift
Slava

Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 4,443

Post#70 Re: John Wall Has Gotten FAT
Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:22 am by GetItDone

Muscle can not just "turn" into fat lol.

He simply just put on some pounds of fat. Probably around 7-10lbs or so. If he cuts for a month, he'll be back to normal.
ThatsWhatIShved wrote:Disrespectfull thread. I would take 06 Arenas over Lebron. Other than traveling and suspected PED use, what does Lebron have over Gil?
GetItDone
Analyst
And1: 162

Post#71 Re: John Wall Has Gotten FAT
Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:23 am by 1UPZ

Too much carbs, fried food and sugar by the looks of it... And beer?

3 weeks of gym work, running whilst on low carb, no fried food and no sugar.. He will lose 10-12 pounds.

I've done it many times when I cut up for summer, trimming off winter mass.
Also after bulking up (muscle and fat) I go on a 2 month cutting period just like body builders and it works.

But a lot of muscle also gets taken off... All about carb,protein intake change and need a lot of exercise (weight lifting and running)
1UPZ

Head Coach
And1: 480

Post#72 Re: John Wall Has Gotten FAT
Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:30 am by Slava

1UPZ wrote:Too much carbs, fried food and sugar by the looks of it... And beer?

3 weeks of gym work, running whilst on low carb, no fried food and no sugar.. He will lose 10-12 pounds.

I've done it many times when I cut up for summer, trimming off winter mass.
Also after bulking up (muscle and fat) I go on a 2 month cutting period just like body builders and it works.

But a lot of muscle also gets taken off... All about carb,protein intake change and need a lot of exercise (weight lifting and running)

That's what it is. For his metabolism, he shouldn't be putting on that kind of fat even with a wayward diet. Most college players kind of eat McD's & BK pretty often.

This has to be involved with alcohol and plenty of it, which slows down metabolism and even makes recovery from injuries much slower.
"When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him." - Jonathan Swift
Slava

Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 4,443

Post#73 Re: John Wall Has Gotten FAT
Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:43 am by 624

SlavaMedvedenko wrote:
That's what it is. For his metabolism, he shouldn't be putting on that kind of fat even with a wayward diet. Most college players kind of eat McD's & BK pretty often.

This has to be involved with alcohol and plenty of it, which slows down metabolism and even makes recovery from injuries much slower.

the difference between the 95th and 5th percentile of people's metabolisms is only 600 calories. People always overestimate the impact of metabolism. He just has a poor diet and work ethic.
Lead Assistant
And1: 177

Post#74 Re: John Wall Has Gotten FAT
Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:04 am by DatHomieYouHaTe

Him and bargnani are on the same diet it seems.
TURBOZONE PAGE: http://turbozone.ca
DatHomieYouHaTe

Starter
And1: 348

Post#75 Re: John Wall Has Gotten FAT
Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:52 am by Ayt

I can finally fulfill my dream of tittie **** John Wall!
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 1,693

Post#76 Re: John Wall Has Gotten FAT
Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:53 am by JayMKE

He doesn't even look that bad, you guys are really overblowing this. He's gained a little weight sitting out with a knee injury but he isn't Jabba the Hut or even Raymond Felton.
FREE GIANNIS
JayMKE

RealGM
And1: 958

Post#77 Re: John Wall Has Gotten FAT
Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:54 am by Frank Mulely

JayMKE wrote:He doesn't even look that bad, you guys are really overblowing this. He's gained a little weight sitting out with a knee injury but he isn't Jabba the Hut or even Raymond Felton.

i see what you did there :D
Shv3d wrote:
Frank Mulely wrote:Honestly if this was the 80s

The official motto of RealGM.
Frank Mulely
Head Coach
And1: 625

Post#78 Re: John Wall Has Gotten FAT
Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:35 am by BubbaTee

624 wrote:
BubbaTee wrote:

LOL sorry, bad phrasing on my part.

Wall could lose a pound of muscle and gain a pound of fat, resulting in no net change in weight. So if Wall lost 10-lbs of muscle mass but still gained 7-lbs in weight, it would imply a 17-lbs gain in fat mass.
BubbaTee
Head Coach
And1: 534

Post#79 Re: John Wall Has Gotten FAT
Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:36 am by Lakerfan17

He'll be rid of that after 2 weeks of NBA practices and conditioning.
"For Kobe, at his age, my oh my," he said. "They talk about Jordan, but this kid is so gifted, it's unbelievable." - Oscar Robertson
http://bearcatnews.com/wherenow/bio/1
Lakerfan17
Head Coach
And1: 365

Post#80 Re: John Wall Has Gotten FAT
Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:45 am by BubbaTee

ahunterknight wrote:
BubbaTee wrote:Muscle is heavier than fat (edit: by volume), so he could have had muscle turn to fat without gaining weight, then gain 7-lbs of fat on top of that.

:roll: do you even lift?seriously muscle and fat are completely two different things and muscle can't turn into fat
Also muscle is not heavier then fat.

Did you not see where I added the "by volume" part?

A pound of fat takes up greater volume than a pound of muscle, at equal pressure. Therefore, volume X of muscle will weigh more than volume X of fat, at equal pressure.

A pound of lead weighs the same as a pound of feathers, but a cubic foot of lead weighs a lot more than a cubic foot of feathers. By volume, lead weighs more than feathers.
BubbaTee
Head Coach
And1: 534

PreviousNext

Return to The General Board