yardbarker

John Wall Has Gotten FAT

Moderators: Morten Jensen, Blame Rasho, tsherkin, Doctor MJ, Flash3, UGA Hayes, Basti, KingCuban, NO-KG-AI, Yuri Vaultin, magnumt

Post#16 Re: John Wall Has Gotten FAT
Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:59 pm by Bertrob

He doesn't look that bad. You guys are making something out of nothing
( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)つ
Bertrob


RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 19,565
And1: 796
Joined: Sep 8, 2011
Location: Free Clinic
Top

Post#17 Re: John Wall Has Gotten FAT
Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:03 pm by ChiCitySPORTS#1

He'll lose that in 20 days.
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
Posts: 14,270
And1: 1,110
Joined: Jul 2, 2006
Location: West Loop
Top

Post#18 Re: John Wall Has Gotten FAT
Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:09 pm by SalamiNCheez

Guy must have been depressed with his injury and all the losing and messed up his diet. I understand that you can't do physical activity while you're injured, but at least watch what you eat so you don't end up like that.
SalamiNCheez



RealGM
Posts: 15,924
And1: 1,688
Joined: Jun 30, 2007
Location: Toronto, ON
Top

Post#19 Re: John Wall Has Gotten FAT
Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:17 pm by waya

John Wall Has Gotten Chubby*
Image
waya


RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 11,348
And1: 1,076
Joined: Feb 13, 2007
Top

Post#20 Re: John Wall Has Gotten FAT
Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:17 pm by Norma Wick

BIGGIEsmalls 23 wrote:Here's another player below that's been out rehabbing a leg injury like Wall:

Image

It's obvious that one guy has been working, while the other hasn't.


so adorable
Image

"You know the sad thing about surprises? It never comes when you expect it" - Jr. Smith
Norma Wick
Junior
User avatar
Posts: 344
And1: 80
Joined: Aug 12, 2012
Top

Post#21 Re: John Wall Has Gotten FAT
Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:22 pm by Bskey

John Wall's gravitational pull should leave Beal open a lot.

But for real I don't think this is a problem...yet. He will most likely get back to lean and defined though it's a bit disappointing to see him let himself go. I doubt it's as bad as those crap quality pictures make it look, especially that first one.
Bskey
Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 2,550
And1: 138
Joined: Jun 16, 2008
Top

Post#22 Re: John Wall Has Gotten FAT
Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:26 pm by BarnabyJones

Raymond Felton is unimpressed.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”― Mark Twain
BarnabyJones



Sixth Man
User avatar
Posts: 1,811
And1: 167
Joined: Jan 5, 2012
Top

Post#23 Re: John Wall Has Gotten FAT
Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:28 pm by HotRocks34

Come on, this isn't like Lamar Odom weight gain or Felton in Portland. That extra weight will be gone quick.
I am Paul F. Villarreal (PFV) of Conservative New Media

Follow me on Twitter for the best Jeremy Lin coverage on the Internet. Also, expert general NBA coverage & talk.
@CNM_JLin_Vids ---> https://twitter.com/CNM_JLin_Vids
HotRocks34

Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 5,964
And1: 4,049
Joined: Jun 23, 2007
Top

Post#24 Re: John Wall Has Gotten FAT
Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:48 pm by BubbaTee

LEHGOCELTICS wrote:That looks like a much greater fat gain than 6-7 lbs to me.


Muscle is heavier than fat (edit: by volume), so he could have had muscle turn to fat without gaining weight, then gain 7-lbs of fat on top of that.
BubbaTee
Head Coach
Posts: 6,395
And1: 534
Joined: Mar 10, 2008
Top

Post#25 Re: John Wall Has Gotten FAT
Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:48 pm by call.me.dude

Losing the fat should be easy. Problem is that he also lost muscle if he really didn't do a whole lot.

edit: I honestly thought he wanted to turn his career around. Not saying he can't or won't but if he was really into it, he would still be in great shape (like Rose).
YiJiLi wrote:Raymond Felton is better than TP...
call.me.dude
Rookie
Posts: 1,128
And1: 12
Joined: Dec 30, 2007
Location: hometown of Dirk Nowitzki
Top

Post#26 Re: John Wall Has Gotten FAT
Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:50 pm by pross

He'll lose that very quickly. With the amount of work these guys do, once he's back at full health I could see him being in shape within a month
Image
pross
Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 2,754
And1: 171
Joined: Apr 29, 2009
Top

Post#27 Re: John Wall Has Gotten FAT
Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:51 pm by DCsOwn

BIGGIEsmalls 23 wrote:
MeloisMVP wrote:Image

Here's another player below that's been out rehabbing a leg injury like Wall:

Image

It's obvious that one guy has been working, while the other hasn't.


To be fair to John, people can run and do any number of cardio workouts around 4 months afteran acl surgery if I'm not mistaken (it takes longer to be cleared for high impact work like cutting and plyometrics though). So that means Rose has likely been cleared for jogging and track work for months. Wall was just cleared for light impact work a few weeks ago. That's not to say that John should necessarily be in the condition that he's in now (although he'll be fine from a cardio perspective in a few weeks I'd bet), but Rose has definitely been able to do significantly more floor work than John over these last few months.

It should be noted that John's diet has been terrible from day one with the Wizards. He's like Chad Ochocinco in that he eats tons of crap every day, it's just that he's incredibly active throughout the week so the junk food doesnt stick to him like it does to us. It doesn't surprise me that without the freedom to do the type of work that he's known for in DC that he'd pick up weight assuming he didnt make any alterations to his diet.
DCsOwn
Junior
Posts: 394
And1: 26
Joined: Jul 6, 2010
Top

Post#28 Re: John Wall Has Gotten FAT
Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:51 pm by rockmanslim

more stress on his knee
click

"Harden's a guy that averages 26 in the NBA, but if he was on the playground with you he'd only average about 5 because they wouldn't let him get those free throws." --Scott Hastings, April 6, 2013


Image
rockmanslim

Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 4,964
And1: 930
Joined: Jul 15, 2008
Location: off looking for a "high oiled machine"
Top

Post#29 Re: John Wall Has Gotten FAT
Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:54 pm by Green Backpack

He's a professional athlete with unlimited resources.. give him a couple of weeks.
Green Backpack




Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,594
And1: 1,330
Joined: Nov 4, 2005
Top

Post#30 Re: John Wall Has Gotten FAT
Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:02 pm by hayden

Image

Not to say he won't get fit in a timely manner, but letting yourself go and gaining that much fat is definitely Wall's fault, not his injury's. It's worrisome, because you generally don't see that kind of fat gain from such a young player, injury or not. Usually it's older players with wider frames, who didn't exercise in the offseason (Zbo, Shaq, Melo, Odom).
LarsV8 wrote:[Jeremy Lin] just isn't very good.
hayden
Starter
User avatar
Posts: 2,442
And1: 366
Joined: Sep 28, 2006
Top

Post#31 Re: John Wall Has Gotten FAT
Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:07 pm by BIGGIEsmalls 23

DCsOwn wrote:
BIGGIEsmalls 23 wrote:
MeloisMVP wrote:Image

Here's another player below that's been out rehabbing a leg injury like Wall:

Image

It's obvious that one guy has been working, while the other hasn't.


To be fair to John, people can run and do any number of cardio workouts around 4 months afteran acl surgery if I'm not mistaken (it takes longer to be cleared for high impact work like cutting and plyometrics though). So that means Rose has likely been cleared for jogging and track work for months. Wall was just cleared for light impact work a few weeks ago. That's not to say that John should necessarily be in the condition that he's in now (although he'll be fine from a cardio perspective in a few weeks I'd bet), but Rose has definitely been able to do significantly more floor work than John over these last few months.

It should be noted that John's diet has been terrible from day one with the Wizards. He's like Chad Ochocinco in that he eats tons of crap every day, it's just that he's incredibly active throughout the week so the junk food doesnt stick to him like it does to us. It doesn't surprise me that without the freedom to do the type of work that he's known for in DC that he'd pick up weight assuming he didnt make any alterations to his diet.

Rose has been working the entire time, though. I'm not trying to bash Wall, but I really hoped that he was serious about taking his game to another level. Here's Rose below doing the upper-body work that Wall should have also been doing:

Image
BIGGIEsmalls 23


RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 13,259
And1: 791
Joined: Jul 27, 2010
Location: REALITY
Top

Post#32 Re: John Wall Has Gotten FAT
Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:12 pm by nuposse04

BIGGIEsmalls 23 wrote:
DCsOwn wrote:
BIGGIEsmalls 23 wrote:Here's another player below that's been out rehabbing a leg injury like Wall:

Image

It's obvious that one guy has been working, while the other hasn't.


To be fair to John, people can run and do any number of cardio workouts around 4 months afteran acl surgery if I'm not mistaken (it takes longer to be cleared for high impact work like cutting and plyometrics though). So that means Rose has likely been cleared for jogging and track work for months. Wall was just cleared for light impact work a few weeks ago. That's not to say that John should necessarily be in the condition that he's in now (although he'll be fine from a cardio perspective in a few weeks I'd bet), but Rose has definitely been able to do significantly more floor work than John over these last few months.

It should be noted that John's diet has been terrible from day one with the Wizards. He's like Chad Ochocinco in that he eats tons of crap every day, it's just that he's incredibly active throughout the week so the junk food doesnt stick to him like it does to us. It doesn't surprise me that without the freedom to do the type of work that he's known for in DC that he'd pick up weight assuming he didnt make any alterations to his diet.

Rose has been working the entire time, though. I'm not trying to bash Wall, but I really hoped that he was serious about taking his game to another level. Here's Rose below doing the upper-body work that Wall should have also been doing:

Image


I think the excess muscle weight might have played a factor in Wall's knee injury. He's fairly built for a 6'4 pg, once he gets back in shape I'd like to see him lose 4-5 lbs of additional weight from last years playing weight.
nuposse04


Head Coach
Posts: 7,005
And1: 1,088
Joined: Jul 19, 2004
Location: on a rock
Top

Post#33 Re: John Wall Has Gotten FAT
Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:15 pm by BubbaTee

call.me.dude wrote:Losing the fat should be easy. Problem is that he also lost muscle if he really didn't do a whole lot.

edit: I honestly thought he wanted to turn his career around. Not saying he can't or won't but if he was really into it, he would still be in great shape (like Rose).


Yeah, I read an ESPN Magazine interview with him in the preseason where he sounded motivated.

I guess maybe you could make the argument that he got depressed when he found out he'd miss the start of the season, and went all

Image
BubbaTee
Head Coach
Posts: 6,395
And1: 534
Joined: Mar 10, 2008
Top

Post#34 Re: John Wall Has Gotten FAT
Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:17 pm by FlashKing

Time to bring in the big guns!

Image
FlashKing
Veteran
Posts: 2,857
And1: 26
Joined: Feb 23, 2012
Top

Post#35 Re: John Wall Has Gotten FAT
Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:29 pm by crowd goes wild

BubbaTee wrote:
LEHGOCELTICS wrote:That looks like a much greater fat gain than 6-7 lbs to me.


Muscle is heavier than fat (edit: by volume), so he could have had muscle turn to fat without gaining weight, then gain 7-lbs of fat on top of that.

STRONG everything
crowd goes wild
Junior
Posts: 309
And1: 11
Joined: Jun 10, 2008
Top

Next

Return to The General Board


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baddy Chuck, bigheadburton, dray510, Google Adsense [Bot], Hobes, Js-T, MagicStarwipe, manun, Ming, MoneyTalks41890, Rob Diaz, simomi, SKR, TeabagUK, thinkingwarriors, TrueStoryGSW, UcanUwill, WVSArtist