CBS report: Grizzlies also considering moving Z-Bo

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

teamgrizz
Junior
And1: 17

Re: CBS report: Grizzlies also considering moving Z-Bo 

Post#81 » by teamgrizz » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:27 pm

"Word is that the Grizzlies' new reigme is adamant that it won't merely try to dump salary by dealing Gay in-season if it severely weakens their team in the process." - Marc Stein
The4thHorseman
Head Coach
And1: 4,384

Post#82 » by The4thHorseman » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:38 pm

illiance wrote:They're 22-10, what are the doing

Just because they're listenening to offers, doesn't mean they want to move him.
mid-post
Analyst
And1: 70

Post#83 » by mid-post » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:39 pm

LarsV8 wrote:Gasol for Asik swap makes sense for both teams.

:lol: You just keep getting more and more ridiculous.
diablerouge
Analyst
And1: 260

Post#84 » by diablerouge » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:42 pm

CHA_77_Bobcats wrote:They're not championship contenders and likely never will be, with Randolph aging, and him and Gay making the money they make. If they can cut costs and remain in the playoff race, it's worth it for sure. They're like the late-2000s-Hawks of the West as it stands.

that's bs, they have a shot. no one thought the mavs were a contender either. zach randolph has proven that he can carry an offense late in games in the playoffs and they play outstanding defense. they can just trade rudy gay for a floor spacer and increase conley's role - no need to tear it apart.
diablerouge
Analyst
And1: 260

Post#85 » by diablerouge » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:49 pm

Geoff Calkins ‏@geoff_calkins
Trade Rudy, team might be better, might be worse. Trade Z-Bo, it's no longer the Grizzlies.

my sentiments exactly. z-bo is at the core of memphis' identity.
Nobymoby
Starter
And1: 532

Post#86 » by Nobymoby » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:51 pm

The4thHorseman wrote:
illiance wrote:They're 22-10, what are the doing

Just because they're listenening to offers, doesn't mean they want to move him.

That's true.
I wonder what the gm are offering for Z-Bo
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Muggsy Bogues
Assistant Coach
And1: 288

Post#87 » by Muggsy Bogues » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:58 pm

Move him for Monta Ellis... he's just like Dwayne Wade without the defense and the winning!
MVP Rose
Banned User
And1: 35

Post#88 » by MVP Rose » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:20 pm

mid-post wrote:
LarsV8 wrote:Gasol for Asik swap makes sense for both teams.

:lol: You just keep getting more and more ridiculous.

:lol: :lol:
Apathy
Banned User
And1: 39

Post#89 » by Apathy » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:49 pm

diablerouge wrote:no one thought the mavs were a contender either.

Not true. Wages of Wins did.
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 509

Post#90 » by TheCage4 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 6:15 pm

Steve Kyler: Its been characterized as Memphis "trying" to move Rudy Gay. Grizzlies say furthest from the truth. If it makes them better they'd explore. Twitter @stevekylerNBA
Rumors tagsMemphis Grizzlies, Trade, Rudy Gay | share Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSubscribe to HoopsHype rumorsHOOPSWORLD

Steve Kyler: The Grizzlies are genuinely torn between moving Rudy now and breaking up a workable squad and holding the line with this group Twitter @stevekylerNBA
Rumors tagsMemphis Grizzlies, Trade, Rudy Gay | share Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSubscribe to HoopsHype rumorsHOOPSWORLD

Steve Kyler: There are at least 8 teams that have expressed real interest in Rudy, so there is a marketplace for Rudy Gay if Memphis wants a deal Twitter @stevekylerNBA

Steve Kyler: Sources say nothing is close and all talks have been very exploratory with no team really offering the deal that gets it done Twitter @stevekylerNBA
Rumors tagsMemphis Grizzlies, Trade, Rudy Gay | share Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSubscribe to HoopsHype rumors

Nothing about Randolph.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,079

Post#91 » by tiderulz » Wed Jan 9, 2013 6:20 pm

Grizz LIES wrote:Man, look. We are struggling to score 80 points at HOME. If we keep that up, we'll be a first round exit. I love me some Z-Bo, but Grizz need to get out of the bad contracts while they can. Z-Bo is a beast, I don't deny that. I just hope the Grizz don't keep living off miracle shots in the 2011 Playoffs...

could part of it be the big contract for Gasol and his low production rate? He is a solid player, but he doesnt seem nearly as talented as his brother.
commadoor 64
Starter
And1: 26

Post#92 » by commadoor 64 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 6:31 pm

tiderulz wrote:
Grizz LIES wrote:Man, look. We are struggling to score 80 points at HOME. If we keep that up, we'll be a first round exit. I love me some Z-Bo, but Grizz need to get out of the bad contracts while they can. Z-Bo is a beast, I don't deny that. I just hope the Grizz don't keep living off miracle shots in the 2011 Playoffs...

could part of it be the big contract for Gasol and his low production rate? He is a solid player, but he doesnt seem nearly as talented as his brother.

Are you talking about Pau or Marc?
Apathy
Banned User
And1: 39

Post#93 » by Apathy » Wed Jan 9, 2013 6:41 pm

tiderulz wrote:

Totally off-base. Marc Gasol is one of the best players in the NBA. Great offensively and defensively. Easily worth his contract. Absolutely adored in inner circles.

Judging by your comments, probably the most underrated player in the NBA. Easily the best center in the West. Maybe the NBA.

Return to The General Board