yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

CBS report: Grizzlies also considering moving Z-Bo

Moderators: Morten Jensen, Blame Rasho, tsherkin, NO-KG-AI, Doctor MJ, UGA Hayes, Basti, KingCuban, Flash3, Yuri Vaultin, magnumt

Post#16 Re: CBS report: Grizzlies also considering mo
Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:18 pm by BubbaTee

DarkAzcura wrote:Hollinger!!! haha, this can't be all him, but it'd be funny if it was

Hollinger makes sense for shopping Gay, but Zbo has good stats. His 20.1 PER is best on the team.
BubbaTee
Head Coach
And1: 534

Post#17 Re: CBS report: Grizzlies also considering mo
Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:18 pm by Bubstubbler

Z-Bo for Pau

Bring on the Brothers Gasol!
Bubstubbler
Sixth Man
And1: 312

Post#18 Re: CBS report: Grizzlies also considering mo
Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:20 pm by RIPskaterdude

dockingsched wrote:
xx_skaterdude_xx wrote:Cousins and Z-Bo on the same team? Oh no. No no no no no.

obviously the price for zbo would be a package around cousins

I'd rather have Cousins on my team than Z-Bo :dontknow:
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 16,419

Post#19 Re: CBS report: Grizzlies also considering mo
Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:24 pm by Bubstubbler

In all seriousness, Pau would go into full-on beast mode if he were teamed up with Marc back in Memphis.

And Dudley would be a wonderful replacement for Gay.

Overall, exchanging Z-Bo/Gay for Pau/Dudley/1st (with Beasley probably thrown in as salary filler) makes Memphis better imo.
Bubstubbler
Sixth Man
And1: 312

Post#20 Re: CBS report: Grizzlies also considering mo
Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:27 pm by Edumacated

I think management doesn't believe the current team can beat the Clippers or Thunder in the second round.
Edumacated
Junior
And1: 118

Post#21 Re: CBS report: Grizzlies also considering mo
Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:30 pm by Mr_Perfect

Edumacated wrote:I think management doesn't believe the current team can beat the Clippers or Thunder in the second round.

Yeah but I just think it's stupid to make a trade now. Wait till after the playoffs are over at least.
Mr_Perfect
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,584

Post#22 Re: CBS report: Grizzlies also considering mo
Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:30 pm by AmazingJason

They want to trade their best player to save money...but they apparently have the funds to hire no-talent scrub John Hollinger.
AmazingJason

Lead Assistant
And1: 1,290

Post#23 Re: CBS report: Grizzlies also considering mo
Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:31 pm by ManualRam

i doubt they want to get rid of both. just one. if they can't get a decent return for gay, they'll try to get good value for z-bo. it sucks, but avoiding the tax is a must for them.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
ManualRam

RealGM
And1: 2,204

Post#24 Re: CBS report: Grizzlies also considering mo
Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:34 pm by jowglenn

BubbaTee wrote:
DarkAzcura wrote:Hollinger!!! haha, this can't be all him, but it'd be funny if it was

Hollinger makes sense for shopping Gay, but Zbo has good stats. His 20.1 PER is best on the team.

Well doesn't it make sense to shop the guy who can net the best return?

Also, Randolph is the oldest guy on the team. Seems logical to trade that guy away.
jowglenn

Lead Assistant
And1: 785

Post#25 Re: CBS report: Grizzlies also considering mo
Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:37 pm by blizzard

OMG, they have a 22-10 record and want to blow it up and enter the lottery? What are they thinking? Hollinger sucks big time.
Everyone underrated Kobe's ego and just thought he would be Paul Pierce when Garnett and Allen joined, instead he went Black Mamba and turned Dwight into Kwame and Nash into Smush.
blizzard
Senior
And1: 70

Post#26 Re: CBS report: Grizzlies also considering mo
Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:39 pm by Nanogeek

I suspect Hollinger wants to trade these guys while their value is at the highest.
Nanogeek
Banned User
And1: 126

Post#27 Re: CBS report: Grizzlies also considering mo
Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:42 pm by humblebum

Celtics would die and go to heaven if they could somehow land Z-Bo... There's been a lot of smoke between Boston-Sacramento... would love to see a three way for Z-Bo!
humblebum
General Manager
And1: 584

Post#28 Re: CBS report: Grizzlies also considering mo
Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:42 pm by [GR]

Hollinger on some next ****.
[GR]

RealGM
And1: 1,907

Post#29 Re: CBS report: Grizzlies also considering mo
Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:51 pm by Jon Niednagel

Bubstubbler wrote:In all seriousness, Pau would go into full-on beast mode if he were teamed up with Marc back in Memphis.

And Dudley would be a wonderful replacement for Gay.

Overall, exchanging Z-Bo/Gay for Pau/Dudley/1st (with Beasley probably thrown in as salary filler) makes Memphis better imo.

I had to catch my breath I was laughing so hard. You should go into stand up comedy.
Jon Niednagel

Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#30 Re: CBS report: Grizzlies also considering mo
Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:04 pm by DusterBuster

I find it funny that people keep blaming Hollinger as though he is the Grizzlies GM.

I really don't see why the Grizzlies are freaking out about the tax. They aren't grossly over the luxury tax threshold.

I can understand why they would want to get rid of both Gay and Randolph in some regards. Gay, for what he brings, is VASTLY overpaid. SF's of similar quality generally make around 10mil, give or take a few mil one way or the other. So he's overpaid at least 7-9 mil per year.

And while ZBo is playing great, he's no spring chicken anymore and he's going to start hitting the downside of his career fairly soon, so this might be their last season to cash in on him while his value is high. They also have Speights who, while certainly not as good as ZBo, should be a solid starter and only a fraction of the cost.

If they're convinced this roster has peaked and can't make it over the hump, then blowing it up isn't the worst thing in the world. That said, I can't understand why they wouldn't want to wait until the summer to do it though and give this roster one last run.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
DusterBuster

RealGM
And1: 1,607

Post#31 Re: CBS report: Grizzlies also considering mo
Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:15 pm by PetroNet

in before "zbo for bradley/sullinger"
PetroNet
Banned User
And1: 133

Post#32 Re: CBS report: Grizzlies also considering mo
Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:22 pm by Mamba Venom

BubbaTee wrote:

Mathematically it just makes sense to blow it up. E=MC trade. zoingan.
Lakers are 22-3 in OT last 6 seasons:Kobe best OT closer!
Mamba Venom
RealGM
And1: 586

Post#33 Re: CBS report: Grizzlies also considering mo
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:11 pm by StocktonShorts

This is the luxury tax at work: hindering small to mid market teams that have a nice core of players from building a championship contender.
StocktonShorts

Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 894

Post#34 Re: CBS report: Grizzlies also considering mo
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:19 pm by nykballa2k4

PetroNet wrote:in before "zbo for bradley/sullinger"

nah man, Bradley is too good. The most I would give is Bass and Green, maybe a 2nd round pick or Fab Melo.
There is no asterisk on ANY N.B.A. titles.

Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 811
Location: There are good players and there are bad players... Then...there's the other guys

Post#35 Re: CBS report: Grizzlies also considering mo
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:35 pm by SacKingsPejaFan

That's just stupid crazy management. Other teams with 10 losses: Miami, San Antonio. I guess they should blow it up too? Especially San Antonio because they're not a guaranteed top 3 team in the league? Teams with 11 losses: New York and Golden State? Yeah, they should really blow it up too. Let the team compete. They never had Gay and Randolph healthy for a playoff run. Let them build chemistry and give it a try. They beat San Antonio without Gay--anything can happen in a 7 game series. Detroit won without superstars. Unless Memphis is planning to assemble a super-team somehow, they shouldn't be messing with Conley/ZBo/Gasol/Gay. From the teams they're talking to, it sounds like they're looking to blow it up and rebuild, which is just foolish. It's not like they're Atlanta where they're a perennial middle-seeder...this team can go places.
SacKingsPejaFan
Sixth Man
And1: 89

Next

Return to The General Board