yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

Does Brooklyn with Rudy Gay make them a contender?

Moderators: Morten Jensen, Blame Rasho, tsherkin, NO-KG-AI, Doctor MJ, UGA Hayes, Basti, KingCuban, Flash3, Yuri Vaultin, magnumt

Post#21 Re: Does Brooklyn with Rudy Gay make them a c
Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:22 pm by nickforthreee

Darain wrote:How about the other games where he shoots his team out of games by not passing it to Randolph?


im not a grizz fan and really dont watch them much but ive never seen rudy gay as a ballhog. he has a bad shot selection sometimes but to say that he is a terrible player and that roleplayers are better than him is laughable.
nickforthreee
Rookie
Posts: 1,174
And1: 98
Joined: May 6, 2012
Top

Post#22 Re: Does Brooklyn with Rudy Gay make them a c
Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:24 pm by DusterBuster

nickforthreee wrote:can score at will, put the team on his back, come up big in clutch moments, completely take over a game. parsons is a role player. a good one yes, but a role player.


Besides that one Toronto game, what other "clutch moments" has Rudy ever had?

I saw him during a tight game with the Blazers last week and he completely disappeared when the game was close late. He also never "took the game over".

I don't know what player you're watching, but he's not the Rudy Gay I've ever seen.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
DusterBuster


RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 16,256
And1: 1,607
Joined: Jan 31, 2010
Top

Post#23 Re: Does Brooklyn with Rudy Gay make them a c
Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:34 pm by nickforthreee

DusterBuster wrote:
nickforthreee wrote:can score at will, put the team on his back, come up big in clutch moments, completely take over a game. parsons is a role player. a good one yes, but a role player.


Besides that one Toronto game, what other "clutch moments" has Rudy ever had?

I saw him during a tight game with the Blazers last week and he completely disappeared when the game was close late. He also never "took the game over".

I don't know what player you're watching, but he's not the Rudy Gay I've ever seen.





:roll:
nickforthreee
Rookie
Posts: 1,174
And1: 98
Joined: May 6, 2012
Top

Post#24 Re: Does Brooklyn with Rudy Gay make them a c
Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:35 pm by LarsV8

nickforthreee wrote:i can tell that you are one of the people who see certain stats go up when kobe is off the floor so you suggest the lakers are better off without kobe. stats arent everything my dude. if you have an argument with people in real life and try to say parsons is better than rudy you will get laughed at.


Nope, Kobe Bryant is an excellent player, top 10-15 all time.

You are trying pass off the "Rudy Gay is a good player" statement as if it is just understood and beyond any need for explanation. Your " completely take over games" and "come up big in clutch moments" is not evidence, its eye test, which is unreliable and comepletely biased.

For every game he has taken over, he completely chucked the Grizzlies out of others. There is no doubt if Rudy takes shots at the end game in every close game, he is going to make a few of them. Parsons has taken over games too. Although, Harden is usually our clutch guy, so no real measurements for Parsons.

I have watched Gay play, formed my opinions, which were subsequently confirmed by stats. I am very comfortable in arguing my position in person or over the internet, because frankly, its and accurate position.
Image
LarsV8




Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 5,280
And1: 367
Joined: Dec 13, 2009
Top

Post#25 Re: Does Brooklyn with Rudy Gay make them a c
Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:37 pm by LarsV8

nickforthreee wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:


:roll:


Now post the boxscores for those games and lets see if his poor shooting is what made them close in the first place.
Image
LarsV8




Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 5,280
And1: 367
Joined: Dec 13, 2009
Top

Post#26 Re: Does Brooklyn with Rudy Gay make them a c
Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:38 pm by nickforthreee

and this one:

nickforthreee
Rookie
Posts: 1,174
And1: 98
Joined: May 6, 2012
Top

Post#27 Re: Does Brooklyn with Rudy Gay make them a c
Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:40 pm by nickforthreee

LarsV8 wrote:
nickforthreee wrote:i can tell that you are one of the people who see certain stats go up when kobe is off the floor so you suggest the lakers are better off without kobe. stats arent everything my dude. if you have an argument with people in real life and try to say parsons is better than rudy you will get laughed at.


Nope, Kobe Bryant is an excellent player, top 10-15 all time.

You are trying pass off the "Rudy Gay is a good player" statement as if it is just understood and beyond any need for explanation. Your " completely take over games" and "come up big in clutch moments" is not evidence, its eye test, which is unreliable and comepletely biased.

For every game he has taken over, he completely chucked the Grizzlies out of others. There is no doubt if Rudy takes shots at the end game in every close game, he is going to make a few of them. Parsons has taken over games too. Although, Harden is usually our clutch guy, so no real measurements for Parsons.

I have watched Gay play, formed my opinions, which were subsequently confirmed by stats. I am very comfortable in arguing my position in person or over the internet, because frankly, its and accurate position.


we will just have to agree to disagree then because no matter what stats or boxscores you tell me about, you cannot convince me that chandler parsons is the same caliber of player as rudy gay.
nickforthreee
Rookie
Posts: 1,174
And1: 98
Joined: May 6, 2012
Top

Post#28 Re: Does Brooklyn with Rudy Gay make them a c
Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:49 pm by jefe

DusterBuster wrote:
nickforthreee wrote:can score at will, put the team on his back, come up big in clutch moments, completely take over a game. parsons is a role player. a good one yes, but a role player.


Besides that one Toronto game, what other "clutch moments" has Rudy ever had?

I saw him during a tight game with the Blazers last week and he completely disappeared when the game was close late. He also never "took the game over".

I don't know what player you're watching, but he's not the Rudy Gay I've ever seen.


He hit a game winner over Lebron at the buzzer last year. Just sayin'
jefe
Head Coach
Posts: 7,372
And1: 71
Joined: Apr 27, 2005
Location: memphis
Top

Post#29 Re: Does Brooklyn with Rudy Gay make them a c
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:03 pm by Woodsanity

can score at will, put the team on his back, come up big in clutch moments, completely take over a game. parsons is a role player. a good one yes, but a role player.

Let me fix this for you.

Can score a lot on extremely low efficiency, can take his teammates out of games, not particularly good at anything.

Overall a slightly above average player that thinks he is a superstar. Tremendously overpaid, I can go on. Nets already have a player just like that and his name is JJ.

Nice comparing a max player to someone paid less than 1m a year(Parsons). :lol:
twix2500 wrote:If Lebron went to NY and Melo to Miami, Melo would have a trophy and Lebron would not.

Tiesto_Lakers wrote:The more I watch basketball, the more I realize that Kobe, in his absolute prime (2006-2008), was a top 2 player of all-time, only second to Jordan.
Woodsanity

Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 7,485
And1: 1,078
Joined: Mar 30, 2012
Top

Post#30 Re: Does Brooklyn with Rudy Gay make them a c
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:05 pm by TheToothFairy

Wait. I already though Brooklyn were already contenders?
TheToothFairy
Banned User
Posts: 6,121
And1: 292
Joined: Jun 27, 2011
Location: Under Your Pillow
Top

Post#31 Re: Does Brooklyn with Rudy Gay make them a c
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:34 pm by Mk0

TheToothFairy wrote:Wait. I already though Brooklyn were already contenders?


:lol: :lol:

So.. uh.. Are the Nets are trying to absorb every awful contract in the league. Rudy will make 19mil in 2 years. Why would you do this to yourself?
In regards to Nerlens Noel being traded on draft night for Jrue Holiday.
Ax2SG wrote:How in hell is Noel involved in a trade that neither team has a top 3 pick? What if Cleveland drafts Noel with the 1st?

EDIT: HOLY ****, I FORGOT THE DRAFT WAS TODAY GUYS
Mk0


Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,276
And1: 807
Joined: Jul 2, 2010
Location: KTLA
Top

Post#32 Re: Does Brooklyn with Rudy Gay make them a c
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:36 pm by Beardman

Might become worse.
Beardman
Veteran
Posts: 2,866
And1: 141
Joined: Sep 21, 2012
Top

Post#33 Re: Does Brooklyn with Rudy Gay make them a c
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:43 pm by Krodis

The thought of the Nets paying THAT starting lineup all that money is HILARIOUS.
Krodis
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,790
And1: 48
Joined: Nov 28, 2009
Top

Post#34 Re: Does Brooklyn with Rudy Gay make them a c
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:46 pm by Ronito

The Nets are better off with Wallace than Gay. I don't want Rudy Gay.
Image
Ronito
Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 4,921
And1: 101
Joined: Feb 14, 2011
Top

Post#35 Re: Does Brooklyn with Rudy Gay make them a c
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:54 pm by ClayDavis

gerald wallace is one of the few guys in the league who could play the 4, but wouldnt they have to include him in the deal?
Image
ClayDavis
Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 6,716
And1: 97
Joined: Jan 23, 2012
Top

Post#36 Re: Does Brooklyn with Rudy Gay make them a c
Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:18 pm by Marvin Martian

DusterBuster wrote:
nickforthreee wrote:can score at will, put the team on his back, come up big in clutch moments, completely take over a game. parsons is a role player. a good one yes, but a role player.


Besides that one Toronto game, what other "clutch moments" has Rudy ever had?

I saw him during a tight game with the Blazers last week and he completely disappeared when the game was close late. He also never "took the game over".

I don't know what player you're watching, but he's not the Rudy Gay I've ever seen.


He took over the end of the DEN game a couple weeks back by scoring a couple of critical buckets when the game was close. The assertion that Parsons is better than Gay is ridiculous. Who cares how much he is getting paid? So many players are getting max contracts these days i can't see how anyone can make an underlying assumption that max contract = max performance.

Back on topic Gay is around 6-9 so he should be able to play the 4 and have a semi melo-like impact on the floor.
Marvin Martian
Starter
Posts: 2,224
And1: 501
Joined: Aug 13, 2012
Top

Post#37 Re: Does Brooklyn with Rudy Gay make them a c
Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:23 pm by Krodis

Parsons is a similar rebounder, better passer, better defender, and better shooter than Gay. He's scoring 14 on decent efficiency to Gay's 18 on miserable efficiency.

Seriously, 18 points on sub- .500 TS%. That's just miserable. It's not even Iverson or Monta Ellis volume chucking. It's 17.8 points a game!
Krodis
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,790
And1: 48
Joined: Nov 28, 2009
Top

Post#38 Re: Does Brooklyn with Rudy Gay make them a c
Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:38 pm by Doctor MJ

nickforthreee wrote:im not sure if it would make them a contender but i think they would definitely be an elite team with him. they need a go to scorer and joe johnson just aint cuttin it.

PG: D-Will
SG: JJ
SF: Rudy
PF: Hump
C: Lopez

thats a lineup that can make some noise. hump should get traded for someone better tho but he can rebound and the other 4 are solid even tho dwill isnt great this year


Gay's overrated in basically the exact same way Johnson was. This would be making almost exactly the same mistake over again.
In 2007
The rule is the rule. It's not a matter of fairness. It's a matter of correctness.

In 2014
People just misunderstand...You’ve got to use some common sense, too.

I,for one, welcome our new insect overlords.
Doctor MJ



Senior Mod
Senior Mod
Posts: 31,785
And1: 2,084
Joined: Mar 10, 2005
Location: Treys are for Kicks!
Top

Post#39 Re: Does Brooklyn with Rudy Gay make them a c
Wed Jan 9, 2013 9:02 am by PetroNet

Mk0 wrote:
TheToothFairy wrote:Wait. I already though Brooklyn were already contenders?


:lol: :lol:

So.. uh.. Are the Nets are trying to absorb every awful contract in the league. Rudy will make 19mil in 2 years. Why would you do this to yourself?


what difference does it make how much rudy gay makes? he expires in 3 years. the nets are over the cap/tax for the next 4 years whether gay makes 19m or the league minimum
PetroNet
Banned User
Posts: 6,461
And1: 133
Joined: Feb 27, 2012
Top

Post#40 Re: Does Brooklyn with Rudy Gay make them a c
Wed Jan 9, 2013 9:03 am by PetroNet

Doctor MJ wrote:
nickforthreee wrote:im not sure if it would make them a contender but i think they would definitely be an elite team with him. they need a go to scorer and joe johnson just aint cuttin it.

PG: D-Will
SG: JJ
SF: Rudy
PF: Hump
C: Lopez

thats a lineup that can make some noise. hump should get traded for someone better tho but he can rebound and the other 4 are solid even tho dwill isnt great this year


Gay's overrated in basically the exact same way Johnson was. This would be making almost exactly the same mistake over again.



im not sure joe johnson was a mistake. id rather have:

Joe Johnson, and be over the cap for the next 4 years.

then

Gaines, Morrow, Petro, late first rounder and be over the cap for the next 4 years.
PetroNet
Banned User
Posts: 6,461
And1: 133
Joined: Feb 27, 2012
Top

PreviousNext

Return to The General Board


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aaron Brooks, AfricanSensation, brent_strong, ChosunX, Chuckmaster29, conker1, Dat2U, DeadHorse, dsg2003mach1, ElectricMayhem, Eleqtrique, FairWeatherF84, FlashFlare, IFeelsYaBrah, il_knicks7, jayjaypimpson, jc23, John Long, Khneza, kidco2, LKTD, mandurugo, manou, NBADraft2003, NL41, nonjokegetter, poopdamoop, ptsuperfly, rewill17, SalamiNCheez, SixersfutureGM, snoopdogg88, Tetlak, TheHottestHand, WinisKing, wowski, yicb, Zasterror, Ziggs, Zombiesonics