yardbarker

Does Brooklyn with Rudy Gay make them a contender?

Moderators: Morten Jensen, Blame Rasho, Flash3, Doctor MJ, UGA Hayes, Yuri Vaultin, Mark K, NO-KG-AI, magnumt, tsherkin

Post#16 Re: Does Brooklyn with Rudy Gay make them a c
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:12 pm by NjNeTs1029

I'd rather get a good starting PF
NjNeTs1029


Starter
User avatar
Posts: 2,401
And1: 95
Joined: Jan 27, 2007
Top

Post#17 Re: Does Brooklyn with Rudy Gay make them a c
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:13 pm by LarsV8

nickforthreee wrote:
Woodsanity wrote:Is this some kind of sick joke? Rudy Gay is absolutely terrible. At least Gerald Wallace is a good defender. :lol:


yup hes terrible youre right. you are another one of those advanced stats guys who think chandler parsons is better than rudy gay.


I almost feel sorry for you.

How low does his true shooting have to get before you will open your eyes.
Image
LarsV8




Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 5,440
And1: 410
Joined: Dec 13, 2009
Top

Post#18 Re: Does Brooklyn with Rudy Gay make them a c
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:13 pm by nickforthreee

Darain wrote:
nickforthreee wrote:
Woodsanity wrote:Is this some kind of sick joke? Rudy Gay is absolutely terrible. At least Gerald Wallace is a good defender. :lol:


yup hes terrible youre right. you are another one of those advanced stats guys who think chandler parsons is better than rudy gay.


Why Does Rudy gay do better than Chandler Parsons, seriosuly


can score at will, put the team on his back, come up big in clutch moments, completely take over a game. parsons is a role player. a good one yes, but a role player.
nickforthreee
Rookie
Posts: 1,229
And1: 110
Joined: May 6, 2012
Top

Post#19 Re: Does Brooklyn with Rudy Gay make them a c
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:15 pm by nickforthreee

LarsV8 wrote:
nickforthreee wrote:
Woodsanity wrote:Is this some kind of sick joke? Rudy Gay is absolutely terrible. At least Gerald Wallace is a good defender. :lol:


yup hes terrible youre right. you are another one of those advanced stats guys who think chandler parsons is better than rudy gay.


I almost feel sorry for you.

How low does his true shooting have to get before you will open your eyes.


i can tell that you are one of the people who see certain stats go up when kobe is off the floor so you suggest the lakers are better off without kobe. stats arent everything my dude. if you have an argument with people in real life and try to say parsons is better than rudy you will get laughed at.
nickforthreee
Rookie
Posts: 1,229
And1: 110
Joined: May 6, 2012
Top

Post#20 Re: Does Brooklyn with Rudy Gay make them a c
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:18 pm by Darain

nickforthreee wrote:
Darain wrote:
nickforthreee wrote:
yup hes terrible youre right. you are another one of those advanced stats guys who think chandler parsons is better than rudy gay.


Why Does Rudy gay do better than Chandler Parsons, seriosuly


can score at will, put the team on his back, come up big in clutch moments, completely take over a game. parsons is a role player. a good one yes, but a role player.


How about the other games where he shoots his team out of games by not passing it to Randolph?
crowd goes wild wrote:Joel Anthony. Dude could probably give you around 27 ppg if he wasn't playing along side Chris Bosh.

I'm not a Kobe fan
nhh90 wrote:Kobe hasn't been doubled in a game since 07-08 season.
Darain
Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 5,294
And1: 34
Joined: Dec 9, 2010
Location: Florida
Top

Post#21 Re: Does Brooklyn with Rudy Gay make them a c
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:22 pm by nickforthreee

Darain wrote:How about the other games where he shoots his team out of games by not passing it to Randolph?


im not a grizz fan and really dont watch them much but ive never seen rudy gay as a ballhog. he has a bad shot selection sometimes but to say that he is a terrible player and that roleplayers are better than him is laughable.
nickforthreee
Rookie
Posts: 1,229
And1: 110
Joined: May 6, 2012
Top

Post#22 Re: Does Brooklyn with Rudy Gay make them a c
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:24 pm by DusterBuster

nickforthreee wrote:can score at will, put the team on his back, come up big in clutch moments, completely take over a game. parsons is a role player. a good one yes, but a role player.


Besides that one Toronto game, what other "clutch moments" has Rudy ever had?

I saw him during a tight game with the Blazers last week and he completely disappeared when the game was close late. He also never "took the game over".

I don't know what player you're watching, but he's not the Rudy Gay I've ever seen.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
DusterBuster



RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 16,391
And1: 1,719
Joined: Jan 31, 2010
Top

Post#23 Re: Does Brooklyn with Rudy Gay make them a c
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:34 pm by nickforthreee

DusterBuster wrote:
nickforthreee wrote:can score at will, put the team on his back, come up big in clutch moments, completely take over a game. parsons is a role player. a good one yes, but a role player.


Besides that one Toronto game, what other "clutch moments" has Rudy ever had?

I saw him during a tight game with the Blazers last week and he completely disappeared when the game was close late. He also never "took the game over".

I don't know what player you're watching, but he's not the Rudy Gay I've ever seen.





:roll:
nickforthreee
Rookie
Posts: 1,229
And1: 110
Joined: May 6, 2012
Top

Post#24 Re: Does Brooklyn with Rudy Gay make them a c
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:35 pm by LarsV8

nickforthreee wrote:i can tell that you are one of the people who see certain stats go up when kobe is off the floor so you suggest the lakers are better off without kobe. stats arent everything my dude. if you have an argument with people in real life and try to say parsons is better than rudy you will get laughed at.


Nope, Kobe Bryant is an excellent player, top 10-15 all time.

You are trying pass off the "Rudy Gay is a good player" statement as if it is just understood and beyond any need for explanation. Your " completely take over games" and "come up big in clutch moments" is not evidence, its eye test, which is unreliable and comepletely biased.

For every game he has taken over, he completely chucked the Grizzlies out of others. There is no doubt if Rudy takes shots at the end game in every close game, he is going to make a few of them. Parsons has taken over games too. Although, Harden is usually our clutch guy, so no real measurements for Parsons.

I have watched Gay play, formed my opinions, which were subsequently confirmed by stats. I am very comfortable in arguing my position in person or over the internet, because frankly, its and accurate position.
Image
LarsV8




Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 5,440
And1: 410
Joined: Dec 13, 2009
Top

Post#25 Re: Does Brooklyn with Rudy Gay make them a c
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:37 pm by LarsV8

nickforthreee wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:


:roll:


Now post the boxscores for those games and lets see if his poor shooting is what made them close in the first place.
Image
LarsV8




Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 5,440
And1: 410
Joined: Dec 13, 2009
Top

Post#26 Re: Does Brooklyn with Rudy Gay make them a c
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:38 pm by nickforthreee

and this one:

nickforthreee
Rookie
Posts: 1,229
And1: 110
Joined: May 6, 2012
Top

Post#27 Re: Does Brooklyn with Rudy Gay make them a c
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:40 pm by nickforthreee

LarsV8 wrote:
nickforthreee wrote:i can tell that you are one of the people who see certain stats go up when kobe is off the floor so you suggest the lakers are better off without kobe. stats arent everything my dude. if you have an argument with people in real life and try to say parsons is better than rudy you will get laughed at.


Nope, Kobe Bryant is an excellent player, top 10-15 all time.

You are trying pass off the "Rudy Gay is a good player" statement as if it is just understood and beyond any need for explanation. Your " completely take over games" and "come up big in clutch moments" is not evidence, its eye test, which is unreliable and comepletely biased.

For every game he has taken over, he completely chucked the Grizzlies out of others. There is no doubt if Rudy takes shots at the end game in every close game, he is going to make a few of them. Parsons has taken over games too. Although, Harden is usually our clutch guy, so no real measurements for Parsons.

I have watched Gay play, formed my opinions, which were subsequently confirmed by stats. I am very comfortable in arguing my position in person or over the internet, because frankly, its and accurate position.


we will just have to agree to disagree then because no matter what stats or boxscores you tell me about, you cannot convince me that chandler parsons is the same caliber of player as rudy gay.
nickforthreee
Rookie
Posts: 1,229
And1: 110
Joined: May 6, 2012
Top

Post#28 Re: Does Brooklyn with Rudy Gay make them a c
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:49 pm by jefe

DusterBuster wrote:
nickforthreee wrote:can score at will, put the team on his back, come up big in clutch moments, completely take over a game. parsons is a role player. a good one yes, but a role player.


Besides that one Toronto game, what other "clutch moments" has Rudy ever had?

I saw him during a tight game with the Blazers last week and he completely disappeared when the game was close late. He also never "took the game over".

I don't know what player you're watching, but he's not the Rudy Gay I've ever seen.


He hit a game winner over Lebron at the buzzer last year. Just sayin'
jefe
Head Coach
Posts: 7,435
And1: 101
Joined: Apr 27, 2005
Location: memphis
Top

Post#29 Re: Does Brooklyn with Rudy Gay make them a c
Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:03 pm by Woodsanity

can score at will, put the team on his back, come up big in clutch moments, completely take over a game. parsons is a role player. a good one yes, but a role player.

Let me fix this for you.

Can score a lot on extremely low efficiency, can take his teammates out of games, not particularly good at anything.

Overall a slightly above average player that thinks he is a superstar. Tremendously overpaid, I can go on. Nets already have a player just like that and his name is JJ.

Nice comparing a max player to someone paid less than 1m a year(Parsons). :lol:
twix2500 wrote:If Lebron went to NY and Melo to Miami, Melo would have a trophy and Lebron would not.

Tiesto_Lakers wrote:The more I watch basketball, the more I realize that Kobe, in his absolute prime (2006-2008), was a top 2 player of all-time, only second to Jordan.
Woodsanity

General Manager
User avatar
Posts: 7,525
And1: 1,093
Joined: Mar 30, 2012
Top

Post#30 Re: Does Brooklyn with Rudy Gay make them a c
Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:05 pm by TheToothFairy

Wait. I already though Brooklyn were already contenders?
TheToothFairy
Banned User
Posts: 6,121
And1: 292
Joined: Jun 27, 2011
Location: Under Your Pillow
Top

Post#31 Re: Does Brooklyn with Rudy Gay make them a c
Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:34 pm by Mk0

TheToothFairy wrote:Wait. I already though Brooklyn were already contenders?


:lol: :lol:

So.. uh.. Are the Nets are trying to absorb every awful contract in the league. Rudy will make 19mil in 2 years. Why would you do this to yourself?
RealGM Bulls Board Game Thread Resources:
Mk0


Head Coach
Posts: 6,175
And1: 1,603
Joined: Jul 2, 2010
Location: KTLA
Top

Post#32 Re: Does Brooklyn with Rudy Gay make them a c
Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:36 pm by Beardman

Might become worse.
Beardman
Veteran
Posts: 2,866
And1: 142
Joined: Sep 21, 2012
Top

Post#33 Re: Does Brooklyn with Rudy Gay make them a c
Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:43 pm by Krodis

The thought of the Nets paying THAT starting lineup all that money is HILARIOUS.
Krodis
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,872
And1: 84
Joined: Nov 28, 2009
Top

Post#34 Re: Does Brooklyn with Rudy Gay make them a c
Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:46 pm by Ronito

The Nets are better off with Wallace than Gay. I don't want Rudy Gay.
Image
Ronito
Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 4,921
And1: 101
Joined: Feb 14, 2011
Top

Post#35 Re: Does Brooklyn with Rudy Gay make them a c
Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:54 pm by ClayDavis

gerald wallace is one of the few guys in the league who could play the 4, but wouldnt they have to include him in the deal?
Image
ClayDavis
Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 6,720
And1: 97
Joined: Jan 23, 2012
Top

Next

Return to The General Board


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: beach house, doozyj, DoubleLintendre, dray510, Dukenukem23, epfou1, gotokyo, JesusHCoxMd, JumpingJiri, Kupchak9, laploutocratie, lukekarts, MartyConlonJr, RaptorNews, ZeppelinPage