yardbarker

Nash just touched a ref complaining about a call

Moderators: Morten Jensen, Blame Rasho, Flash3, tsherkin, magnumt, UGA Hayes, Basti, KingCuban, Yuri Vaultin, NO-KG-AI

Post#1 Nash just touched a ref complaining about a c
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:07 pm by mj23foreva

Will he get suspended?
mj23foreva
Sophomore
And1: 15

Post#2 Re: Nash just touched a ref complaining about
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:10 pm by commadoor 64

Was it in an intimidating manner?

No?

Why is common sense so uncommon these days?
commadoor 64
Starter
And1: 25

Post#3 Re: Nash just touched a ref complaining about
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:19 pm by marcus_misc

nah he's a white guy that rule only implies to scary black men (eg - non-scary black guys like Tim Duncan and Shane Battier can touch refs too, without punishment)

/green
marcus_misc
Senior
And1: 187

Post#4 Re: Nash just touched a ref complaining about
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:21 pm by Dajadeed

He put his hand on the back of a ref as they were walking back upcourt.

This thread is just trolling.
Dajadeed
Junior
And1: 27

Post#5 Re: Nash just touched a ref complaining about
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:23 pm by BIGGIEsmalls 23

BIGGIEsmalls 23
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#6 Re: Nash just touched a ref complaining about
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:23 pm by Darain

Dajadeed wrote:He put his hand on the back of a ref as they were walking back upcourt.

This thread is just trolling.

How class-less striking a referee from behind!!
crowd goes wild wrote:Joel Anthony. Dude could probably give you around 27 ppg if he wasn't playing along side Chris Bosh.

I'm not a Kobe fan
nhh90 wrote:Kobe hasn't been doubled in a game since 07-08 season.
Darain
Lead Assistant
And1: 33

Post#7 Re: Nash just touched a ref complaining about
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:24 pm by Sky_Knicks

It was my understanding that touching is prohibited under any circumstance......same happened to turkoglu. I haven't seen a video of this Nash incident but I don't see why Nash wouldn't be suspended.
Sky_Knicks
Banned User
And1: 418

Post#8 Re: Nash just touched a ref complaining about
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:25 pm by Sn0wman

definitely should be 1 game suspension imo
Solomans leave washroom and Voshkill cum in to piss with Maytricks and hugs and says welcome to dinosaur team and championship time.
Sn0wman

Head Coach
And1: 3,232

Post#9 Re: Nash just touched a ref complaining about
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:26 pm by pross

Rules are rules. Rondo got suspended for it and he was just joking with the ref. He shouldn't be, but there is now precedent saying that he should

Rondo said he talked to the league about the bump and didn't know why he was cited for failing to cooperate.

"I know Rodney, and that particular time on that play, I actually went up to him and I made a joke, he laughed. In the midst of it I guess I touched him. I did touch him, and the league, I guess, reviewed it. The media blew it up on 'SportsCenter' or whatever, and I served a one-game suspension."

"...we were up 10. I wasn't angry. I didn't go over and yell at Rodney. I think he even said that in his statement. But the league put the hammer down and made a decision."
pross
Veteran
And1: 169

Post#10 Re: Nash just touched a ref complaining about
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:29 pm by Norma Wick

the hawks snitched on rondo though

thats why they got fined 15k

"You know the sad thing about surprises? It never comes when you expect it" - Jr. Smith
Norma Wick
Junior
And1: 69

Post#11 Re: Nash just touched a ref complaining about
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:31 pm by tfmiii

Sky_Knicks wrote:It was my understanding that touching is prohibited under any circumstance......same happened to turkoglu. I haven't seen a video of this Nash incident but I don't see why Nash wouldn't be suspended.

I've heard that repeated a lot lately too, no leeway, a rule is a rule etc.
tfmiii
Starter
And1: 236

Post#12 Re: Nash just touched a ref complaining about
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:32 pm by noobcake

Touch = suspension regarding the circumstances.

Let's see the league office plays favorites
noobcake
Starter
And1: 105

Post#13 Re: Nash just touched a ref complaining about
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:35 pm by Dajadeed

Believe me, the league office will have no problem suspending a Lakers player.

Remember Kobe getting suspended twice for "unnatural basketball acts" twice a few seasons ago and Lebron doing the same exact thing in the playoffs that year with not a single **** word said from anyone.

I wish someone around here would dig that up. It was like mirror images, same exact plays.
Dajadeed
Junior
And1: 27

Post#14 Re: Nash just touched a ref complaining about
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:35 pm by Froob

His name isn't Rajon Rondo, so obviously he won't get suspended.
"Jordan Crawford kind of scares me. Like that kid in highschool who you let copy your homework once and then he wants to sit next to you everytime theres a test. Im not sure how that translates to the basketball court but dont let him get goin."
Froob

General Manager
And1: 1,323

Post#15 Re: Nash just touched a ref complaining about
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:36 pm by Froob

Dajadeed wrote:Believe me, the league office will have no problem suspending a Lakers player.

Remember Kobe getting suspended twice for "unnatural basketball acts" twice a few seasons ago and Lebron doing the same exact thing in the playoffs that year with not a single **** word said from anyone.

I wish someone around here would dig that up. It was like mirror images, same exact plays.

Wade and LeBron could probably punch a ref and it wouldn't even be a T lol.
"Jordan Crawford kind of scares me. Like that kid in highschool who you let copy your homework once and then he wants to sit next to you everytime theres a test. Im not sure how that translates to the basketball court but dont let him get goin."
Froob

General Manager
And1: 1,323

Post#16 Re: Nash just touched a ref complaining about
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:36 pm by Mad Balla 15

That was the cause of Turkoglu's suspension. Was Nash's anything similar? I never saw the play. As far as I understand though, you're not allowed to touch them no matter what.
Mad Balla 15
General Manager
And1: 245

Post#17 Re: Nash just touched a ref complaining about
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:37 pm by pross

Dajadeed wrote:Believe me, the league office will have no problem suspending a Lakers player.

Kobe was swinging his arms into his defenders after he shot. He actually injured more than one person and deserved the suspension. I don't recall Lebrons, but Kobe's was definitely fair
pross
Veteran
And1: 169

Post#18 Re: Nash just touched a ref complaining about
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:40 pm by supremacy

commadoor 64 wrote:Was it in an intimidating manner?

No?

Why is common sense so uncommon these days?

Well, if you're insinuating the Rondo suspension earlier this week, then you should probably go educate yourself. There was no intimidation at all; hence why no technical was called. He told a joke while going up to the referee and made body contact. If that warrants a suspension, then Nash should get one as well.

Signature by freshcontrast
supremacy
Analyst
And1: 41

Post#19 Re: Nash just touched a ref complaining about
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:41 pm by darth_federer

LIke it or not they look at past history. Rondo has a disciplinary history (whether or not you agree with the punishments is irrelevant). Nash doesn't.

The NBA will be reviewing the tape and if they find it is not intimidating they will give Nash the benefit of the doubt

Profanity wrote:This is why I question a Canadian team in our league. it's a govt conspiracy trina to sell all our milk to Russia. They let the raptors participate to not let canadians demand crossing taxes. it will backfire one day.
darth_federer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 898

Post#20 Re: Nash just touched a ref complaining about
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:42 pm by Guy986

suspension? HOw soft is the league now?
Guy986
RealGM
And1: 293

Next

Return to The General Board