Carlisle accuses Jazz of "thugging it up"

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Gus McCrae
General Manager
And1: 2,003

Re: Carlisle accuses Jazz of "thugging it up" 

Post#81 » by Gus McCrae » Wed Jan 9, 2013 10:48 pm

I really love Jarrett Jack. He's the toughest PG without a doubt.
HotrodBeaubois
Veteran
And1: 196

Post#82 » by HotrodBeaubois » Wed Jan 9, 2013 10:51 pm

Nate505 wrote:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:
You outscored us by 12 in the 4th quarter which would have been 10 or less with the flagrant free throws and the ball . And the point is the uncalled flagrant was the momentum changer so without the flagrant the momentum doesnt change just like the Dirk/ Hayward uncallede flagrant probably doesnt since dirk isnt pissed for getting body slammed with no call.

And sure teams average 26 FTA against Dallas but Utah averages 39 FTA against Dallas you see the difference?

Ahh I get it, when the flagrant is on the Jazz and is missed it's some sort of massive momentum changer that just totally screws the Mavs, but the flagrant on the Jazz is irrelevant because poor Dirk was frustrated and would have never happened. Sure, and they say Jazz fans try to justify everything.

And you're missing the point of an average. It takes numbers that are higher than normal and lower than normal to come up with the average. The Jazz have a good offensive frontcourt, so it's not shocking that a team with extremely poor defensive players would get more FTs against a team with frontcourt players score lots of points in the paint.

No what im saying is the Mavs had the momentum up 8 then the flagrant happens so 2 free throws and the ball so a possible 10-13 point lead so instead of Utah getting 15 FTA in the 4th quarter to Dallas 4 is probably would have been the other way around and the Mavs would have still been in control of the game and Dirk may have already gone to the bench with the game in hand so instead of being out there with 4 minutes left . What happens is Burk hits the 3 to tie it up with Dirk on the Bench Dirk checks back in with 4;35 the very next play is Hayward probably fouling Carter for the steal which led to the fast break and the Dirk elbow. So like i said if the fouls would have been called the lead and trhe momentum would have been Dallas and Dirk probably would not even been in the game for the Hayward Flagrant.
HotrodBeaubois
Veteran
And1: 196

Post#83 » by HotrodBeaubois » Wed Jan 9, 2013 10:54 pm

Nate505 wrote:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:
You outscored us by 12 in the 4th quarter which would have been 10 or less with the flagrant free throws and the ball . And the point is the uncalled flagrant was the momentum changer so without the flagrant the momentum doesnt change just like the Dirk/ Hayward uncallede flagrant probably doesnt since dirk isnt pissed for getting body slammed with no call.

And sure teams average 26 FTA against Dallas but Utah averages 39 FTA against Dallas you see the difference?

Ahh I get it, when the flagrant is on the Jazz and is missed it's some sort of massive momentum changer that just totally screws the Mavs, but the flagrant on the Jazz is irrelevant because poor Dirk was frustrated and would have never happened. Sure, and they say Jazz fans try to justify everything.

And you're missing the point of an average. It takes numbers that are higher than normal and lower than normal to come up with the average. The Jazz have a good offensive frontcourt, so it's not shocking that a team with extremely poor defensive players would get more FTs against a team with frontcourt players score lots of points in the paint.

Points in the Paint Utah 34 Dallas 32 so dont give me that excuse
StocktonShorts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,551

Post#84 » by StocktonShorts » Wed Jan 9, 2013 10:57 pm

HotrodBeaubois wrote:No what im saying is the Mavs had the momentum up 8 then the flagrant happens so 2 free throws and the ball so a possible 10-13 point lead so instead of Utah getting 15 FTA in the 4th quarter to Dallas 4 is probably would have been the other way around and the Mavs would have still been in control of the game and Dirk may have already gone to the bench with the game in hand so instead of being out there with 4 minutes left . What happens is Burk hits the 3 to tie it up with Dirk on the Bench Dirk checks back in with 4;35 the very next play is Hayward probably fouling Carter for the steal which led to the fast break and the Dirk elbow. So like i said if the fouls would have been called the lead and trhe momentum would have been Dallas and Dirk probably would not even been in the game for the Hayward Flagrant.

I love these sorts of stream-of-consciousness retro-active fan play-by-plays.
JazzyPhinz
Starter
And1: 1,200

Post#85 » by JazzyPhinz » Wed Jan 9, 2013 11:03 pm

We dont like Dirk and Dirk dont like us.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMTqtPnOytw[/youtube]

We like it that way. Quit being a bunch of pansies.
I think it started after Mavs won the ship because Dirk was tired of being labeled as soft.

I remember this play last yr. I hated that Favors didnt react and Watson was the one who got fired up.
But not this yr Dirk, dont be messing with Favors.
kurtkbain
Sophomore
And1: 53

Post#86 » by kurtkbain » Wed Jan 9, 2013 11:27 pm

"Derrick Favors body slam of Dirk Monday night has been upgraded by the league office to Flagrant Foul 1"
Nate505
RealGM
And1: 11,671

Post#87 » by Nate505 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 11:45 pm

HotrodBeaubois wrote:
Nate505 wrote:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:

Points in the Paint Utah 34 Dallas 32 so dont give me that excuse

Yeah, the fouling would seem to prevent a lot of those points from being in the paint.

Return to The General Board