TMac says he never went to Germany with Kobe

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

mysticbb
Banned User
And1: 713

Re: TMac says he never went to Germany with Kobe 

Post#41 » by mysticbb » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:21 pm

CoachKobe wrote:still, i have no doubt about kobe and t-mac being together in germany. kobe adds so many details, it can't just be made up. and we have the guy who read about it in a european magazine (them being on an adidas trip). so...

"The guy" with the European Magazin said so, but it can easily be some confusion on his part, because at that time Bryant might even was in Germany, but McGrady wasn't. Both were part of Adidas during those days, and might very well mentioned in the same article, but not as participants of the same event.

Here is an article stating that McGrady visited Germany for the first time in 2003: http://www.basketball365.co.uk/adidas180603.htm

The Adidas page does not confirm any event during that time in which both, McGrady and Bryant participated together. Are they all covering up the truth to hide the fact that McGrady lost a 1on1 after his rookie season against Bryant?

And I don't even doubt that Bryant could have beaten him badly in a 1on1 competition. When I searched for articles regarding the 1996er draft, I found some from the Philadelphia area stating that Bryant was actually participating in scrimmages with NBA players (mainly 76ers players) and it was mentioned that he was able to beat some in 1on1 competitions. But at this point I really see no evidence that Bryant and McGrady were together in Germany.
KDRE
Lead Assistant
And1: 86

Post#42 » by KDRE » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:26 pm

The burden of proof is on the accuser in which this case is Kobe.... there is no evidence that this happened, yet only those who love to tear down anybody if they can try to make Kobe look good will do so without a blink.

Its pretty sad when people believe everything they read on the internet. It's just like that state farm commercial.
Notes: Rookie Rudy Gay twisted his left ankle trying to guard McGrady late in the third quarter and limped to the bench. He returned with 5:51 left, then returned to the bench about a minute later - http://www.nba.com/games/20061231/MEMHOU/recap.html
maxpower88
Senior
And1: 174

Post#43 » by maxpower88 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:27 pm

I don't know who's lying but back in the day Kobe would have beat anyone 1-on-1. His arsenal of moves, his defense and his athleticism would be too much for other players.

We're talking about 1-on-1 here, Kobe already thinks he's playing 1-on-5 so 1-on-1 is a walk in the park.
StephNYKurry
General Manager
And1: 2,198

Post#44 » by StephNYKurry » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:34 pm

Their both lying

The country was Hawaii and they both were seen in cahoots with a young girl named Lennay Kekua. The authorities never got involved because they couldn't gather enough evidence.
What do I care...it's rigged anyway
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#45 » by rsavaj » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:34 pm

Is Tracy McGrady even real?
Dr Pepper
Assistant Coach
And1: 339

Post#46 » by Dr Pepper » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:39 pm

J-Mezzy wrote:If this is true, Kobe has become a complete joke. Never lost a 1 on 1, made up stories about roasting T-Mac, never been intimidated since the age of 6. Ok Kobe, we get it. You are a bad ass.

Well we can go back even further like petty arguments whether its a scrub like Smush Parker or basically being called a cancer in Phil Jackson's book. Both of these players are divas, but Mr. Colorado doesn't really have a trustworhy history
Kobe vs MJ "Clone Wars" NBA.com video:

Frosty wrote:Funny this is called Clone Wars because Kobe is like the second installment of the Star Wars series. It looked like Star Wars but came up short. But it did appeal to the kiddies.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#47 » by spearsy23 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:41 pm

rsavaj wrote:Is Tracy McGrady even real?

I demand a birth certificate!
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,311

Post#48 » by Froob » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:43 pm

We've all been DUPED!! Apparently his twitter account is being run by somebody named Landry Fields.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#49 » by Slava » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:44 pm

So Kobe got Teo'd?
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Shot Clock
RealGM
And1: 17,443

Post#50 » by Shot Clock » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:45 pm

We know Kobe isn't
anyone involved in that meddling to justice”. NO COLLUSION

- DJT
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,461

Post#51 » by bwgood77 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:45 pm

I think Kobe just makes some stuff up. He also said he didn't name himself Black Mamba and that someone at a park in NY did. We all know he named himself that after seeing Kill Bill.
Ice Trae
RealGM
And1: 10,932

Post#52 » by Ice Trae » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:52 pm

Froob wrote:

We've all been DUPED!! Apparently his twitter account is being run by somebody named Landry Fields.

out of all the players you can choose you go with Landry Fields :lol:
jax98
RealGM
And1: 3,013

Post#53 » by jax98 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:19 pm

mysticbb wrote:"The guy" with the European Magazin said so, but it can easily be some confusion on his part, because at that time Bryant might even was in Germany, but McGrady wasn't. Both were part of Adidas during those days, and might very well mentioned in the same article, but not as participants of the same event.

They were photographed with Antoine Walker in a gym, and the article definitely said they were in Germany together.

The mag was called XXL Magazine. It had headquarters in London, I believe. It was also translated into French, Spanish and Italian.

Honestly, I have no reason to make anything up. I have no horse in his race, and frankly, I don't give a flying doo-doo if Kobe beat T-Mac back then.
Debaser
Starter
And1: 163

Post#54 » by Debaser » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:29 pm

I can't believe some people are siding with Kobe just because he "gave so many details." I hope those people never meet a Nigerian prince online.
mysticbb
Banned User
And1: 713

Post#55 » by mysticbb » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:40 pm

Morten Jensen wrote:Honestly, I have no reason to make anything up.

I don't claim that you are making it up, I just can imagine that you can't remember it correctly. If you still have the mag, it should be possible to confirm that by scanning at least the pic and the part of the article saying that they were together in Germany. According to the other source T-Mac wasn't in Germany before 2003. Why should they write that? I can't find any source confirming it, but I can confirmation for things like McGrady being in Paris or Manilla, etc. Not quite sure, but if that was an official event organised by Adidas, it should be possible to find at least something in the archives somewhere on the internet.
o0dong
Sophomore
And1: 190

Post#56 » by o0dong » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:41 pm

Debaser wrote:I can't believe some people are siding with Kobe just because he "gave so many details." I hope those people never meet a Nigerian prince online.

QFT, seriously some guy has pulled articles with more concrete evidence than Kobe's statements. Mcgrady's first visit to Germany is stated in the article as 2003... yet people still want to pull him down and glorify Kobe.

He probably would've destroyed Mcgrady in 1999 but this doesn't change the fact that there is more evidence of him making this up rather than him telling the truth.

But who knows I have a feeling that the truth is a mixture of both.
Zubby
General Manager
And1: 835

Post#57 » by Zubby » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:45 pm

mysticbb wrote:
ljp24 wrote:Kobe is actually talking about the 1998 or 1999 adidas tour he had with Tmac in China and Manilla. I think if you google that articles and videos come up.

Morten Jensen wrote:I have no idea where it is now. Probably in the basement somewhere. I remember it vividly, because that magazine was all I had that was NBA-related for about six months when I was 13 years old. Must have read it like 50 times. Antoine Walker was there, too.

Ok, I found that article: http://www.basketball365.co.uk/adidas180603.htm

It says that McGrady was in Germany for his first time in 2003, he was in Paris in 1998, Taipei in 1999 and Manilla in 2000; all related to Adidas events.

As far as I can tell, Bryant wasn't with him in Paris.

And according to Adidas: http://www.adidas.com/kr/application/ev ... 3on3_e.swf
Bryant was not with McGrady in Taipei nor was he in Manilla with him. In 1999 in Taipei Adidas had McGrady, Tim Thomas and Antoine Walker, in 2000 it was only McGrady and Tim Thomas, while in 2001 it was only Bryant.

So, all what is said in this thread as possible locations seems to be out. Thus, we can assume that McGrady is telling the truth here while Bryant has something mixed up in his head for sure. Both, McGrady and Bryant never visited Germany together at the time in question, so much is clear.

Good job tracking all of that down...

waiting for Kobe rebuttal now, at this point he really does seem insecure...
All this coming out a day after LeBron breaks his record. smh
SweetTouch
RealGM
And1: 2,961

Post#58 » by SweetTouch » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:52 pm

Anyways I don't get why Kobe would bring this lie/statement up about beating Tracy

Does he want a cookie?
Stop being so disrespectful.
jax98
RealGM
And1: 3,013

Post#59 » by jax98 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:53 pm

mysticbb wrote:I don't claim that you are making it up, I just can imagine that you can't remember it correctly. If you still have the mag, it should be possible to confirm that by scanning at least the pic and the part of the article saying that they were together in Germany. According to the other source T-Mac wasn't in Germany before 2003. Why should they write that? I can't find any source confirming it, but I can confirmation for things like McGrady being in Paris or Manilla, etc. Not quite sure, but if that was an official event organised by Adidas, it should be possible to find at least something in the archives somewhere on the internet.

I am 100% sure the mag said Germany. I live in Denmark, which is the neighbor country, so obviously, it caught my eye. I have no idea if the mag was wrong, or if did happen. But it stated Tracy, Kobe and Antoine were in Germany.

And forgive me for not digging it up, but I have no intentions of going through 20-25 boxes for this. I promise, if I one day find it, I'll bump this and post it.
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,333

Post#60 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:53 pm

anish23 wrote:McGrady heard about Bryant's version of the story and responded on Twitter.

"LOL Hell no! That's far from the truth. No one in the NBA is playing 1 on 1. Me and KB never went to Germany together either.."

So... this is getting interesting.

Who is lying?..

I would say TMac is probably lying, cuz why on earth would Bryant make up such a story.

Even though im a Tmac fan and I hate Kobe as much as I hate Bush.

Kobe recently also said he hasn't watched any Jordan tape at all since 1999. So you know Kobe hit his head and is experiencing dementia or something.

Kobe also said "As far as one-on-one, I’m the best to ever do it." which is hilarious. MJ would tap dat ass.

I don't know what to believe. Kobe has been insecure lately and saying some wild things. Since when did TMAC have back spasms when he was 19-20 yrs old?
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016

Return to The General Board