TMac says he never went to Germany with Kobe

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,440

Re: TMac says he never went to Germany with Kobe 

Post#81 » by Slava » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:35 pm

I think they have fished out the picture Morten is talking about on the ballislife website. I'm at work and cannot post a link.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,302

Post#82 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:43 pm

SlavaMedvedenko wrote:I think they have fished out the picture Morten is talking about on the ballislife website. I'm at work and cannot post a link.

that's the one on ballislife
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
mysticbb
Banned User
And1: 713

Post#83 » by mysticbb » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:44 pm

Morten Jensen wrote:Seriously, this has received way more attention than it should have.

I wholeheartedly agree with that.

For me, what you described, sounds like a normal photo shooting in a random gym and it could have been everywhere (most likely in the U.S. shortly after the season). Maybe they tried to relate that story to Germany, because Adidas is a German company with headquarters in Herzogenaurach, Germany. I know that in the summer NBA stars came over for some of the streetball events and also for some sort of basketball camps organized by Adidas, maybe that got mentioned as well. Maybe they tried to give the impression that the photo shooting actually happened in Germany, but I really can't find any evidence that in the summer of 1999 those 3 were together in Germany, when there is evidence for McGrady and Walker being in Taipei that summer for example.
mysticbb
Banned User
And1: 713

Post#84 » by mysticbb » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:46 pm

SlavaMedvedenko wrote:I think they have fished out the picture Morten is talking about on the ballislife website. I'm at work and cannot post a link.

It seems to be the same picture, but that is a picture from the UNCF Magic Johnson Charity Game in LA, not the alleged picture from Bryant, McGrady and Walker being in a gym in Germany.
BubbaTee
Head Coach
And1: 546

Post#85 » by BubbaTee » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:49 pm

Sky_Knicks wrote:Kobe provided way too many details for him to have made it up. He remembered the number of games they played, the score of one, Tracy having back pain, the reason they were in Germany. C'mon guys....I know this site largely dislikes Kobe but the guy isn't Lance Armstrong.

LOL I bet he had detailed fake stories about where he was every time he was out cheating on Vanessa too.

When you lie a lot, you get good at it.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,440

Post#86 » by Slava » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:51 pm

mysticbb wrote:

It seems to be the same picture, but that is a picture from the UNCF Magic Johnson Charity Game in LA, not the alleged picture from Bryant, McGrady and Walker being in a gym in Germany.

My bad I just looked at the image on my phone facebook app.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager

Post#87 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:19 pm

OhMyBosh wrote:June 2003 was the first time McGrady travelled to Germany. Google it. All his bios and articles will say the same. Why would they have made that up way back when? In June of 2003, Kobe signed with Nike after being dropped by Adidas amidst the rape allegations.

I know there are a lot of Kobe fans out there, but damn. At least make somewhat of an educated conclusion rather than “T-mac is probably lying..”.

It’s pretty obvious Kobe is trolling the media these days. Haven’t watched MJ tapes since 99’? Haven’t lost a 1 on 1 ever? Thinks he can beat LeBron 1 on 1? C’mon now.

Tracy's trip to Germany in 2003 was his second ever trip to Europe. His first trip was in...1998. Paris, France. 1998 adidas EURO abc Camp.

So, maybe Kobe got confused and it was in Paris, not Germany? But now we need to find evidence if Kobe was ever in Paris in 1998.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
LascelleL
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,996

Post#88 » by LascelleL » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:30 pm

StrengthNHonor wrote:
OhMyBosh wrote:June 2003 was the first time McGrady travelled to Germany. Google it. All his bios and articles will say the same. Why would they have made that up way back when? In June of 2003, Kobe signed with Nike after being dropped by Adidas amidst the rape allegations.

I know there are a lot of Kobe fans out there, but damn. At least make somewhat of an educated conclusion rather than “T-mac is probably lying..”.

It’s pretty obvious Kobe is trolling the media these days. Haven’t watched MJ tapes since 99’? Haven’t lost a 1 on 1 ever? Thinks he can beat LeBron 1 on 1? C’mon now.

Tracy's trip to Germany in 2003 was his second ever trip to Europe. His first trip was in...1998. Paris, France. 1998 adidas EURO abc Camp.

So, maybe Kobe got confused and it was in Paris, not Germany? But now we need to find evidence if Kobe was ever in Paris in 1998.[/quote]

No...it's not that important dude.
ChuckChilly
Veteran
And1: 2,655

Post#89 » by ChuckChilly » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:32 pm

I think Kobe is the one lying, or "trolling" if you will.
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager

Post#90 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:34 pm

Morten Jensen wrote:
SoCAL24 wrote:Get em' Morten!

No, it's not like that. Seriously, this has received way more attention than it should have. I only posted in this thread because I remember that article (very well, given the context) and now it's become a witch hunt. I have no horse in this race, and frankly, the article about Tracy first coming to Germany in 2003 adds legitimate questions to the article that I remember. I have no idea if XXL Basketball reported something wrongly or if the "2003 article" is wrong. No idea, none.

Here's what I know, and I'll leave it at that.

- XXL Basketball made a story centered around Kobe, Tracy and Germany. Antoine was there too, but was less featured. Which is weird when you think about it, given that Walker was the cover athlete for NBA Live in '99 and was a bigger star than Tracy at that point in time.

- XXL Basketball is no more. At least not the European version. And I think it's been well over a decade since that mag shut down. But at one point, it was quite large. Almost like a European version of SLAM magazine.

- The article spoke of Kobe's All-Star season and how Tracy was looking forward to beginning his second season in Toronto, since he wouldn't be a rookie anymore.

- Everything in that article was related to Adidas. That logo was everywhere. XXL Basketall had a deal with them without question, because there was not a photo in which you didn't see the players' shoes and t-shirts.

- At no point in the article did you see them outside a gym and on the streets of Berlin or somewhere in Germany. It was action shots of Kobe and Tracy dibbling, and one of Antoine dunking (ironic now, isn't it?)

I'm just relaying what I read, and I know what I read. I remember damn near everything when it comes to the league and its players. If it's correct or not, I have no idea. And I don't care either way. But to ignore the "2003 article" would be silly. I know I raised a few eyebrows when I read it.

Case closed.

(For me, at least)

Looks like you might be mistaken. The magazine might have used the wrong pictures or gotten something wrong, or your memory is off.

Because in 1998, Antoine Walker had his camp in Chicago.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1998 ... e-injuries

"Chicagoan Antoine Walker of the Boston Celtics has his Adidas Basetball Camp this week and next week at Mt. Carmel High School for kids age 7-13. The youngsters were chosen by principals from several different Chicago grammar schools"
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager

Post#91 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:36 pm

LascelleL wrote:
No...it's not that important dude.

Wait, you don't want to know if Kobe was lying? You're a Laker fan :lol:

Well, news flash, I want to know :)
Joker
RealGM
And1: 7,262

Post#92 » by Joker » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:36 pm

For those saying that the game could've happened in Paris and Kobe just made an honest mistake ---

Even after Tmac denied ever having been to Germany with Kobe, Kobe could've corrected himself. Instead he doubled-down:

The real Bojan Femic ‏@bojanf
@Real_T_Mac @kobebryant who is liar here ?

Kobe Bryant ‏@kobebryant
@bojanf @real_t_mac 100% true story. I love tmac thou always have
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager

Post#93 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:41 pm

Joker wrote:For those saying that the game could've happened in Paris and Kobe just made an honest mistake ---

Even after Tmac denied ever having been to Germany with Kobe, Kobe could've corrected himself. Instead he doubled-down:

The real Bojan Femic ‏@bojanf
@Real_T_Mac @kobebryant who is liar here ?

Kobe Bryant ‏@kobebryant
@bojanf @real_t_mac 100% true story. I love tmac thou always have

Daamn. Poor Kobe :lol:

The facts so far :

- Antoine Walker had his ADIDAS basketball camp in Chicago, USA, in 1998. Not Germany.

- T-Mac went to Germany for ADIDAS basketball camp in 2003. Not 1998.

- T-Mac was in Paris, France for his ADIDAS camp in 1998.

- It could not have been in 1999, because TMAC's camp was in Taiwan.

The only possible scenario left for Kobe, is that TMAC left the ADIDAS camp in Paris, to travel to Germany during 1998.
Joker
RealGM

Post#94 » by Joker » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:55 pm

Eventually the only possible scenario will be whittled down to Tmac having a 3 hour window to teleport to Germany for a 4 a.m. one-on-one game with Kobe.
Shot Clock
RealGM
And1: 17,443

Post#95 » by Shot Clock » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:56 pm

Why can't players have been in two different places over the course of an entire offseason?
anyone involved in that meddling to justice”. NO COLLUSION

- DJT
GaryCarterFan
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#96 » by GaryCarterFan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:58 pm

I like that this board has completely discounted that there is even a possibility Google would not know that they were in Germany at the same time. If Google doesn't have it, NO WAY!
Joker
RealGM

Post#97 » by Joker » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:00 pm

Tmac was staying at a hotel in Paris presumably, but was anyone watching him sleep? How do we know he didn't take a helicopter from the roof of the hotel to Germany to play Kobe and arrive back by morning?
OhMyBosh
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,206

Post#98 » by OhMyBosh » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:18 pm

GaryCarterFan wrote:I like that this board has completely discounted that there is even a possibility Google would not know that they were in Germany at the same time. If Google doesn't have it, NO WAY!

Using Google is still a better source than "but Kobe said so".
Frank Mulely
Head Coach
And1: 649

Post#99 » by Frank Mulely » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:21 pm

listen if they played one on one somewhere else and Kobe just thought it was Germany then its still T-Mac taking an L.

bottom line either Kobe roasted T-Mac 1-on-1 in the year stated or he didn't. the Germany locationd doesn't matter.
Shv3d wrote:
Frank Mulely wrote:Honestly if this was the 80s

The official motto of RealGM.
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager

Post#100 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:22 pm

Baiting the Lakers fan base

Return to The General Board