TMac says he never went to Germany with Kobe

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

anish23
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,911

Re: TMac says he never went to Germany with Kobe 

Post#21 » by anish23 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:36 pm

this is turning out to be interesting... i mean i really wanna know who is lying...

i still think TMAC might be lying, as mentioned the details given by Kobe kind of tilt the argument over to Kobe.

the dude above that said he has a Mag .. could you please scan it and all that... and someone could post it on TMAC's twitter or something. I wanna know what happened. lol.
Utah Jazz for Championship :)
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#22 » by 5DOM » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:42 pm

Not that this incident is highly worth investigating, but I love how the media just say "no one knows who's lying!" and don't bother anymore.
Debaser
Starter
And1: 163

Post#23 » by Debaser » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:43 pm

It's a hoax by both Kobe and T-MAc. They never played in person, just online.
OhMyBosh
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,206

Post#24 » by OhMyBosh » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:48 pm

June 2003 was the first time McGrady travelled to Germany. Google it. All his bios and articles will say the same. Why would they have made that up way back when? In June of 2003, Kobe signed with Nike after being dropped by Adidas amidst the rape allegations.

I know there are a lot of Kobe fans out there, but damn. At least make somewhat of an educated conclusion rather than “T-mac is probably lying..”.

It’s pretty obvious Kobe is trolling the media these days. Haven’t watched MJ tapes since 99’? Haven’t lost a 1 on 1 ever? Thinks he can beat LeBron 1 on 1? C’mon now.
ropjhk
RealGM
And1: 10,527

Post#25 » by ropjhk » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:53 pm

TMac took a little longer to develop than Kobe so it's not surprising that Kobe would have won the 1on1 matchup during that early stage in their careers. Kobe is also older and at that age an extra year of NBA development would mean a lot.
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,314

Post#26 » by Clyde Frazier » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:04 pm

LOL! Maybe Kobe was off his meds during that interview.
mysticbb
Banned User
And1: 713

Post#27 » by mysticbb » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:13 pm

ljp24 wrote:Kobe is actually talking about the 1998 or 1999 adidas tour he had with Tmac in China and Manilla. I think if you google that articles and videos come up.

Morten Jensen wrote:I have no idea where it is now. Probably in the basement somewhere. I remember it vividly, because that magazine was all I had that was NBA-related for about six months when I was 13 years old. Must have read it like 50 times. Antoine Walker was there, too.

Ok, I found that article: http://www.basketball365.co.uk/adidas180603.htm

It says that McGrady was in Germany for his first time in 2003, he was in Paris in 1998, Taipei in 1999 and Manilla in 2000; all related to Adidas events.

As far as I can tell, Bryant wasn't with him in Paris.

And according to Adidas: http://www.adidas.com/kr/application/ev ... 3on3_e.swf
Bryant was not with McGrady in Taipei nor was he in Manilla with him. In 1999 in Taipei Adidas had McGrady, Tim Thomas and Antoine Walker, in 2000 it was only McGrady and Tim Thomas, while in 2001 it was only Bryant.

So, all what is said in this thread as possible locations seems to be out. Thus, we can assume that McGrady is telling the truth here while Bryant has something mixed up in his head for sure. Both, McGrady and Bryant never visited Germany together at the time in question, so much is clear.
TwentyOne920
Lead Assistant
And1: 129

Post#28 » by TwentyOne920 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:21 pm

Maybe if McGrady accompanied Kobe to Germany he could have had better knees.
bertrob wrote:Any casual fan saying anything about Tim Duncan is usually wrong

bobly wrote:Kobe locked up his All Defensive Team this year after he blocked Lebron in the all-star game.
Beard
Sixth Man
And1: 28

Post#29 » by Beard » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:24 pm

Maybe they went to Germany together to get steroids?
mysticbb
Banned User

Post#30 » by mysticbb » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:29 pm

TwentyOne920 wrote:Maybe if McGrady accompanied Kobe to Germany he could have had better knees.

Well, McGrady actually recommended the procedure to Bryant, because he got the treatment in 2010 before signing in Detroit.

http://watch.nba.com/nba/video/channels ... cgrady.nba
Durant Durant
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,094

Post#31 » by Durant Durant » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:32 pm

Kobe is guilty of another perjury! LMAO I kid..
TwentyOne920
Lead Assistant
And1: 129

Post#32 » by TwentyOne920 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:32 pm

mysticbb wrote:
TwentyOne920 wrote:Maybe if McGrady accompanied Kobe to Germany he could have had better knees.

Well, McGrady actually recommended the procedure to Bryant, because he got the treatment in 2010 before signing in Detroit.

http://watch.nba.com/nba/video/channels ... cgrady.nba

I'm actually curious why no one took a flyer on T-Mac this season. Maybe the contenders just felt they were set at the wing and the lower-tier playoff teams wanted to try and win a playoff series?
bertrob wrote:Any casual fan saying anything about Tim Duncan is usually wrong

bobly wrote:Kobe locked up his All Defensive Team this year after he blocked Lebron in the all-star game.
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,217

Post#33 » by J-Mezzy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:32 pm

If this is true, Kobe has become a complete joke. Never lost a 1 on 1, made up stories about roasting T-Mac, never been intimidated since the age of 6. Ok Kobe, we get it. You are a bad ass.
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,178

Post#34 » by Heat3 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:39 pm

didn't Kobe back down from a 1x1 with Kyrie at the team USA practices? played it off as "you're not ready"? I d believe Kobe more if he hadn't done that. meh, maybe they're just both old and starting to forget things ...
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

mysticbb
Banned User

Post#35 » by mysticbb » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:42 pm

TwentyOne920 wrote:I'm actually curious why no one took a flyer on T-Mac this season. Maybe the contenders just felt they were set at the wing and the lower-tier playoff teams wanted to try and win a playoff series?

Good question. Maybe attitude issues? That is the only thing I can think off. Maybe McGrady saw himself entilted to a bigger role or wanted more money, but overall he was a net positive in Detroit as well as in Atlanta. I think he could have given those teams effective 15 to 20 mpg coming off the bench. Maybe he wanted more than the minimum? Well, we probably will never know ...
CoachKobe
Rookie
And1: 312

Post#36 » by CoachKobe » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:25 pm

no surprise here, t-mac is a notorious liar.
remember this story about stoudemire when amare was a high school star? amare was at a high school football game and met t-mac (then with the magic) and he asked him about going directly from high school to nba and the pros and cons. t-mac only starred at him and walked away without saying anything.

couple of years later t-mac, asked about this incident, only said he never went to a high school football game while he was a magic player.
lol.

put the bamboo pipe down, tracy :lol:
kobe owned you.
OhMyBosh
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,206

Post#37 » by OhMyBosh » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:31 pm

CoachKobe wrote:no surprise here, t-mac is a notorious liar.
remember this story about stoudemire when amare was a high school star? amare was at a high school football game and met t-mac (then with the magic) and he asked him about going directly from high school to nba and the pros and cons. t-mac only starred at him and walked away without saying anything.

couple of years later t-mac, asked about this incident, only said he never went to a high school football game while he was a magic player.
lol.

put the bamboo pipe down, tracy :lol:
kobe owned you.

Great anecdote there CoachKobe.

No need to feel insecure. Kobe is a great player.
mysticbb
Banned User

Post#38 » by mysticbb » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:01 pm

CoachKobe wrote:remember this story about stoudemire when amare was a high school star? amare was at a high school football game and met t-mac (then with the magic) and he asked him about going directly from high school to nba and the pros and cons. t-mac only starred at him and walked away without saying anything.

lol.

Interesting story, but it seems as if Stoudemire is the one making stuff up here. Stoudemire said that McGrady had visited a football game of his younger brother, but McGrady's brother Chance never played football in highschool. In fact, he played basketball.

Here is the alumni list: http://dpathletics.ocps.net/alumni.asp

Chance McGrady is listed as basketball player from 2000 to 2003, not a football player.

Also, McGrady said that he remembered talking to Stoudemire before he went to the NBA via phone. The chief of McGrady's security team remembered the event and confirmed that McGrady talked via phone with Stoudemire.

Seriously, why should McGrady make that up? Given the fact that Stoudemire obviously had it wrong about the football game and McGrady's brother playing in that game, why should the other stuff be true?
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,214

Post#39 » by LLJ » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:03 pm

I believe he probably got killed by Kobe. Butch Carter said McGrady's jumper was godawful until he got to Orlando. And seeing as Kobe and him have at least equivalent ballhandling/driving skills, I suspect Kobe probably did burn him.
CoachKobe
Rookie
And1: 312

Post#40 » by CoachKobe » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:12 pm

mysticbb wrote:...

okay, that changes things :lol:
still, i have no doubt about kobe and t-mac being together in germany. kobe adds so many details, it can't just be made up. and we have the guy who read about it in a european magazine (them being on an adidas trip). so...

Return to The General Board