Do you Think your team will ever win a title?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

NjNeTs1029
Starter
And1: 98

Re: Do you Think your team will ever win a title? 

Post#21 » by NjNeTs1029 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:12 pm

I sure hope so. I think eventually they'll win one. No idea when though.. Those finals runs with the Kidd/KMart teams were fun. Its too bad they ran into Kobe/Shaq and then the Twin Towers in San Antonio.
20MexicanosIn1Van
Veteran
And1: 318

Post#22 » by 20MexicanosIn1Van » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:19 pm

Wizards fan here. I'd say we have a chance in my lifetime. If John Wall and Bradley Beal become superstars (not likely, but possible) and we draft a good player this year we definitely have a shot. Also, DC is big market and a good place to live so FAs will come if the team is halfway decent.
Guzman_9
Pro Prospect
And1: 183

Post#23 » by Guzman_9 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:38 pm

Pacer fan here. I honestly think we will win one withing the next decade. Hopefully Paul George seriously explodes and this team jumps on his back.
Pacer Fan. 8-)
HeatFanSince87
Assistant Coach
And1: 758

Post#24 » by HeatFanSince87 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:47 pm

StartingBench wrote:As a Raptors fan, it looks pretty doubtful. Toronto in general has been bottom feeding in every major sport for the last 20 years. I'd be happy if any Toronto team made it to the semi's in the next 10 years.

As a long time Heat fan, I know how you feel. I actually was more obsessed with Heat in the Pre-Riley years, then later in life. Breaking .500 or just finally beating the "UnbeataBulls" in a meaningless regular season game meant so much to me. I thought when Harold Miner won the dunk contest and Glen Rice won the 3 point shootout in the same allstar weekend, it was some huge moment lol. So many heart breaks, the Knicks beating us 3 straight series, losing Zo in his prime, losing to the Pistons in game 7 of the 2005 ECFs...it just never seemed it would happen. Then getting down 0-2 to the Mavs... it seemed more heart break. When we finally won, I didnt know how to react. It was almost sureeal.

Any real Heat fan knows what I mean. Last year meant a lot... but in 06, never seen my favorite team of all my teams win... wow.

Hold out hope...
Left Side Drive
Head Coach
And1: 4,143

Post#25 » by Left Side Drive » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:54 pm

HeatFanSince87 wrote:
StartingBench wrote:As a Raptors fan, it looks pretty doubtful. Toronto in general has been bottom feeding in every major sport for the last 20 years. I'd be happy if any Toronto team made it to the semi's in the next 10 years.

As a long time Heat fan, I know how you feel. I actually was more obsessed with Heat in the Pre-Riley years, then later in life. Breaking .500 or just finally beating the "UnbeataBulls" in a meaningless regular season game meant so much to me. I thought when Harold Miner won the dunk contest and Glen Rice won the 3 point shootout in the same allstar weekend, it was some huge moment lol. So many heart breaks, the Knicks beating us 3 straight series, losing Zo in his prime, losing to the Pistons in game 7 of the 2005 ECFs...it just never seemed it would happen. Then getting down 0-2 to the Mavs... it seemed more heart break. When we finally won, I didnt know how to react. It was almost sureeal.

Any real Heat fan knows what I mean. Last year meant a lot... but in 06, never seen my favorite team of all my teams win... wow.

Hold out hope...

Toronto isn't even that bad. I mean the Blue Jays have actually won 2 World Series in '92 and '93. Maple Leafs have a rich history in the NHL even though they havn't won in a long time.

When it comes to the Raptors though we have only really had one team who was an actual contender in our entire franchise history. Making the playoffs to go out in the first round isn't much of an outcome either. With the current roster and ownership/management we aren't winning in the next several years it seems... makes you wonder if this team will ever get it? Or will we have to wait like the Clippers did until we even become contenders again.
Looking for a new signature. Currently, still evaluating.
TheKingOfVa360
General Manager
And1: 1,663

Post#26 » by TheKingOfVa360 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:07 pm

20MexicanosIn1Van wrote:Wizards fan here. I'd say we have a chance in my lifetime. If John Wall and Bradley Beal become superstars (not likely, but possible) and we draft a good player this year we definitely have a shot. Also, DC is big market and a good place to live so FAs will come if the team is halfway decent.

I was thinking the same thing, the culture with the Wizards just has to change. Once they aren't seen as a 2nd rate franchise then they can blossom. All of our players get bashed in the media and underrated.
ceremony816
Bench Warmer
And1: 535

Post#27 » by ceremony816 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:07 pm

Higga wrote:Wizards. I actually think there is a chance. Washington is a big market and players would come here if we could build a half decent team. As of now though, with our current FO, there is no chance.

Seems like a lot of good players recently have been coming out of at area too. Isn't KD from Maryland?
Left Side Drive
Head Coach
And1: 4,143

Post#28 » by Left Side Drive » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:08 pm

ceremony816 wrote:
Higga wrote:Wizards. I actually think there is a chance. Washington is a big market and players would come here if we could build a half decent team. As of now though, with our current FO, there is no chance.

Seems like a lot of good players recently have been coming out of at area too. Isn't KD from Maryland?

Ya but KD would rather play for the Raptors 8-) :lol:
Looking for a new signature. Currently, still evaluating.
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,838

Post#29 » by inquisitive » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:13 pm

yes they will ...
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
DMVleGeND
Sixth Man
And1: 194

Post#30 » by DMVleGeND » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:15 pm

ceremony816 wrote:

Yeah. The team should have no problem attracting talent when they start winning games.
Formerly known as 7-day Dray
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 16,945

Post#31 » by MrBigShot » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:18 pm

As a Piston fan, I think that the chances of us winning another ring in the 5-7 years are pretty low barring a franchise type talent in the draft or signing a top 5 player in FA.

Knight/Monroe are good young players but I'm not confident Knight ever figures it out at PG, and I think Monroe has started to plateau. Our success will depend on how great Drummond becomes.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
MaliBrah
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#32 » by MaliBrah » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:18 pm

I have close to no hope we'll ever win a title . the whole raptor organization is just bad and we got no luck lol
DirtybirdGA
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,828

Post#33 » by DirtybirdGA » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:20 pm

Proobably when I am in my late 70s and I won't know what's going on. :noway:
Where the offseason has more buzz happens.
WenningtonGuy
Senior
And1: 79

Post#34 » by WenningtonGuy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:20 pm

I did. And then this season happened. I have accepted the universe will never let the Wolves win anything.

I will be a big fan still, but won't expect anything. About 9 players who have missed significant time or may miss significant time?

NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 23,582

Post#35 » by NyKnicks1714 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:21 pm

If the NBA goes on forever, then EVERY team has to win a title (barring a move or contraction), in fact every team will win infinite championships, so cheer up everyone.
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Post#36 » by QRich3 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:21 pm

Clippers winning it all never even crossed my mind as a realistic thought but this year, even if a huge amount of factors would have to go our way for that to happen, it's actually in the realm of possibility.

So yeah if there's hope for us, there's hope for every team in the league.
JustCame
Assistant Coach
And1: 505

Post#37 » by JustCame » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:22 pm

I'm a Knicks fan but I doubt we'll get a chip anytime soon. We have no young talent and are a tier 2 team at best. We're also cursed for some reason.

Ever? Yeah eventually again..maybe in like 30 years.
Guy
Sixth Man
And1: 352

Post#38 » by Guy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:53 pm

Yeah I think the Bulls winning it within 2-5 years is possible before the window is closed.
Raptors Board

Lord_Zedd wrote:That was the best worst game I've ever seen in a long time.

The Bulls are forever our fathers
Archerbro
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,219

Post#39 » by Archerbro » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:35 pm

It was my 5th year following my team when they finally did win it all. ( i know, this isn't too long, but I wanted my fav player to get the ring so badly).

It meant so much more after following the team come up short then if they'd won in their first year i followed them.

That night was surreal.
The Hypnotoad
Rookie
And1: 406

Post#40 » by The Hypnotoad » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:36 pm

NyKnicks1714 wrote:If the NBA goes on forever, then EVERY team has to win a title (barring a move or contraction), in fact every team will win infinite championships, so cheer up everyone.

Not when the robots take over in 2929, they will dominate. I hope its the NJ Robots though.

Return to The General Board