yardbarker

Do you Think your team will ever win a title?

Moderators: Morten Jensen, Blame Rasho, UGA Hayes, Basti, KingCuban, Flash3, Yuri Vaultin, magnumt, tsherkin, NO-KG-AI, Doctor MJ

Post#16 Re: Do you Think your team will ever win a ti
Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:06 am by The Infamous1

TwentyOne920 wrote:
Andre3822 wrote:Luckily I had the chance to see Boston win in 08.

I think the teams with the bleakest future out there are Milwaukee and Phoenix, I just don't even see a direction there. At least perennial treadmill teams such as Houston are actively TRYING and making moves.


And they did just land a superstar in Harden


Yeah. Harden is looking like a superstar. Houston's future looked bleak before that but now they have a potential top 5 player locked up for most of his prime. I'm not saying they're ever going to win a title with him but its a start
We can get paper longer than Pippens arms
The Infamous1


Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,097
And1: 732
Joined: Mar 14, 2012
Top

Post#17 Re: Do you Think your team will ever win a ti
Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:08 am by eagereyez

Sonics fan here. I'd say yes, considering we drafted Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook OH WAIT **** ME NEVERMIND
eagereyez
Pro Prospect
Posts: 812
And1: 619
Joined: May 5, 2012
Top

Post#18 Re: Do you Think your team will ever win a ti
Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:10 am by spearsy23

OKC fan here and we drafted Durant and Westbrook so I'd say we have a good shot, but there's never an actual guarantee. Honestly, I don't expect it to happen because I'm always pessimistic about our chances...
bertrob wrote:You can't drive past Fisher when his shorts are pulled up
impossible, not even Michael Jordan can do it
spearsy23
Head Coach
Posts: 6,541
And1: 409
Joined: Jan 27, 2012
Top

Post#19 Re: Do you Think your team will ever win a ti
Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:12 am by eagereyez

spearsy23 wrote:OKC fan here and we drafted Durant and Westbrook so I'd say we have a good shot, but there's never an actual guarantee. Honestly, I don't expect it to happen because I'm always pessimistic about our chances...

Image
eagereyez
Pro Prospect
Posts: 812
And1: 619
Joined: May 5, 2012
Top

Post#20 Re: Do you Think your team will ever win a ti
Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:21 am by spearsy23

eagereyez wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:OKC fan here and we drafted Durant and Westbrook so I'd say we have a good shot, but there's never an actual guarantee. Honestly, I don't expect it to happen because I'm always pessimistic about our chances...

Image

Poor poor sonics fan. Seattle is a city, not a franchise :wink:
bertrob wrote:You can't drive past Fisher when his shorts are pulled up
impossible, not even Michael Jordan can do it
spearsy23
Head Coach
Posts: 6,541
And1: 409
Joined: Jan 27, 2012
Top

Post#21 Re: Do you Think your team will ever win a ti
Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:12 pm by NjNeTs1029

I sure hope so. I think eventually they'll win one. No idea when though.. Those finals runs with the Kidd/KMart teams were fun. Its too bad they ran into Kobe/Shaq and then the Twin Towers in San Antonio.
NjNeTs1029


Starter
User avatar
Posts: 2,400
And1: 95
Joined: Jan 27, 2007
Top

Post#22 Re: Do you Think your team will ever win a ti
Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:19 pm by 20MexicanosIn1Van

Wizards fan here. I'd say we have a chance in my lifetime. If John Wall and Bradley Beal become superstars (not likely, but possible) and we draft a good player this year we definitely have a shot. Also, DC is big market and a good place to live so FAs will come if the team is halfway decent.
Image
20MexicanosIn1Van

Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 2,847
And1: 184
Joined: May 15, 2004
Top

Post#23 Re: Do you Think your team will ever win a ti
Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:38 pm by Guzman_9

Pacer fan here. I honestly think we will win one withing the next decade. Hopefully Paul George seriously explodes and this team jumps on his back.
You guys already Shnow who it is!
Guzman_9
Junior
User avatar
Posts: 340
And1: 21
Joined: Dec 13, 2011
Top

Post#24 Re: Do you Think your team will ever win a ti
Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:47 pm by HeatFanSince87

StartingBench wrote:As a Raptors fan, it looks pretty doubtful. Toronto in general has been bottom feeding in every major sport for the last 20 years. I'd be happy if any Toronto team made it to the semi's in the next 10 years.



As a long time Heat fan, I know how you feel. I actually was more obsessed with Heat in the Pre-Riley years, then later in life. Breaking .500 or just finally beating the "UnbeataBulls" in a meaningless regular season game meant so much to me. I thought when Harold Miner won the dunk contest and Glen Rice won the 3 point shootout in the same allstar weekend, it was some huge moment lol. So many heart breaks, the Knicks beating us 3 straight series, losing Zo in his prime, losing to the Pistons in game 7 of the 2005 ECFs...it just never seemed it would happen. Then getting down 0-2 to the Mavs... it seemed more heart break. When we finally won, I didnt know how to react. It was almost sureeal.

Any real Heat fan knows what I mean. Last year meant a lot... but in 06, never seen my favorite team of all my teams win... wow.

Hold out hope...
HeatFanSince87
Analyst
Posts: 3,671
And1: 505
Joined: Mar 12, 2002
Location: Miami
Top

Post#25 Re: Do you Think your team will ever win a ti
Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:54 pm by Left Side Drive

HeatFanSince87 wrote:
StartingBench wrote:As a Raptors fan, it looks pretty doubtful. Toronto in general has been bottom feeding in every major sport for the last 20 years. I'd be happy if any Toronto team made it to the semi's in the next 10 years.



As a long time Heat fan, I know how you feel. I actually was more obsessed with Heat in the Pre-Riley years, then later in life. Breaking .500 or just finally beating the "UnbeataBulls" in a meaningless regular season game meant so much to me. I thought when Harold Miner won the dunk contest and Glen Rice won the 3 point shootout in the same allstar weekend, it was some huge moment lol. So many heart breaks, the Knicks beating us 3 straight series, losing Zo in his prime, losing to the Pistons in game 7 of the 2005 ECFs...it just never seemed it would happen. Then getting down 0-2 to the Mavs... it seemed more heart break. When we finally won, I didnt know how to react. It was almost sureeal.

Any real Heat fan knows what I mean. Last year meant a lot... but in 06, never seen my favorite team of all my teams win... wow.

Hold out hope...

Toronto isn't even that bad. I mean the Blue Jays have actually won 2 World Series in '92 and '93. Maple Leafs have a rich history in the NHL even though they havn't won in a long time.

When it comes to the Raptors though we have only really had one team who was an actual contender in our entire franchise history. Making the playoffs to go out in the first round isn't much of an outcome either. With the current roster and ownership/management we aren't winning in the next several years it seems... makes you wonder if this team will ever get it? Or will we have to wait like the Clippers did until we even become contenders again.
2014/2015
PG: K. Lowry / G. Vasquez / W. Cherry
SG: D. DeRozan / L. Williams / L. Fields
SF: T. Ross / James Johnson / B. Caboclo / J. Hamilton
PF: Amir Johnson / P. Patterson / T. Hansbrough
C: J. Valanciunas / C. Hayes / L. Nogueira
Left Side Drive


Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 5,600
And1: 2,223
Joined: Dec 16, 2009
Location: ACC
Top

Post#26 Re: Do you Think your team will ever win a ti
Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:07 pm by TheKingOfVa360

20MexicanosIn1Van wrote:Wizards fan here. I'd say we have a chance in my lifetime. If John Wall and Bradley Beal become superstars (not likely, but possible) and we draft a good player this year we definitely have a shot. Also, DC is big market and a good place to live so FAs will come if the team is halfway decent.



I was thinking the same thing, the culture with the Wizards just has to change. Once they aren't seen as a 2nd rate franchise then they can blossom. All of our players get bashed in the media and underrated.
TheKingOfVa360





Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 7,177
And1: 377
Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Location: Va DC Metro
Top

Post#27 Re: Do you Think your team will ever win a ti
Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:07 pm by ceremony816

Higga wrote:Wizards. I actually think there is a chance. Washington is a big market and players would come here if we could build a half decent team. As of now though, with our current FO, there is no chance.


Seems like a lot of good players recently have been coming out of at area too. Isn't KD from Maryland?
ceremony816
Rookie
Posts: 1,104
And1: 359
Joined: Sep 11, 2012
Location: Kansas City
Top

Post#28 Re: Do you Think your team will ever win a ti
Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:08 pm by Left Side Drive

ceremony816 wrote:
Higga wrote:Wizards. I actually think there is a chance. Washington is a big market and players would come here if we could build a half decent team. As of now though, with our current FO, there is no chance.


Seems like a lot of good players recently have been coming out of at area too. Isn't KD from Maryland?

Ya but KD would rather play for the Raptors 8-) :lol:
2014/2015
PG: K. Lowry / G. Vasquez / W. Cherry
SG: D. DeRozan / L. Williams / L. Fields
SF: T. Ross / James Johnson / B. Caboclo / J. Hamilton
PF: Amir Johnson / P. Patterson / T. Hansbrough
C: J. Valanciunas / C. Hayes / L. Nogueira
Left Side Drive


Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 5,600
And1: 2,223
Joined: Dec 16, 2009
Location: ACC
Top

Post#29 Re: Do you Think your team will ever win a ti
Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:13 pm by inquisitive

yes they will ...
inquisitive
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 10,728
And1: 447
Joined: Aug 26, 2010
Top

Post#30 Re: Do you Think your team will ever win a ti
Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:15 pm by DMVleGeND

ceremony816 wrote:
Higga wrote:Wizards. I actually think there is a chance. Washington is a big market and players would come here if we could build a half decent team. As of now though, with our current FO, there is no chance.


Seems like a lot of good players recently have been coming out of at area too. Isn't KD from Maryland?


Yeah. The team should have no problem attracting talent when they start winning games.
Formerly known as 7-day Dray
DMVleGeND


Sixth Man
Posts: 1,595
And1: 73
Joined: Sep 6, 2010
Location: PG County, MD
Top

Post#31 Re: Do you Think your team will ever win a ti
Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:18 pm by MrBigShot

As a Piston fan, I think that the chances of us winning another ring in the 5-7 years are pretty low barring a franchise type talent in the draft or signing a top 5 player in FA.

Knight/Monroe are good young players but I'm not confident Knight ever figures it out at PG, and I think Monroe has started to plateau. Our success will depend on how great Drummond becomes.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
MrBigShot
Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 6,038
And1: 986
Joined: Dec 18, 2010
Top

Post#32 Re: Do you Think your team will ever win a ti
Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:18 pm by MaliBrah

I have close to no hope we'll ever win a title . the whole raptor organization is just bad and we got no luck lol
#SelfieFC- We just can't stop taking Selfies
MaliBrah



RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 15,936
And1: 2,397
Joined: Feb 2, 2011
Location: Toronto
Top

Post#33 Re: Do you Think your team will ever win a ti
Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:20 pm by DirtybirdGA

Proobably when I am in my late 70s and I won't know what's going on. :noway:
Where the offseason has more buzz happens.
DirtybirdGA



Bench Warmer
User avatar
Posts: 1,308
And1: 85
Joined: Mar 28, 2005
Location: Augusta
Top

Post#34 Re: Do you Think your team will ever win a ti
Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:20 pm by WenningtonGuy

I did. And then this season happened. I have accepted the universe will never let the Wolves win anything.

I will be a big fan still, but won't expect anything. About 9 players who have missed significant time or may miss significant time?

Image
WenningtonGuy
Senior
Posts: 614
And1: 79
Joined: May 18, 2011
Top

Post#35 Re: Do you Think your team will ever win a ti
Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:21 pm by NyKnicks1714

If the NBA goes on forever, then EVERY team has to win a title (barring a move or contraction), in fact every team will win infinite championships, so cheer up everyone.
NyKnicks1714


RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 13,288
And1: 544
Joined: Nov 19, 2001
Top

Next

Return to The General Board


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Blue Wolf, ChosunX, Cuban_Linx, doozyj, Else_where, johnnyvann840, Jstock12, Realgodi, SmoothKobra, Teh-Monkey-Man, WOX_69