yardbarker

1/18 Game Thread

Moderators: Morten Jensen, Blame Rasho, Flash3, Yuri Vaultin, magnumt, tsherkin, NO-KG-AI, Doctor MJ, UGA Hayes, Basti, KingCuban

Post#646 Re: 1/18 Game Thread
Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:26 am by imchillin

TheAdmiral wrote:
Run DLC wrote:But but but but, He's a better all-around player than LeBron James.

He may not be the better player (certainly not the better all-around player), but he doesn't deserve to be called a chucker as well. He's having a significantly more efficient season at 24 years of age in terms of scoring compared to LeBron's season when he was the same age.

Impressive game by Durant.

not sure how we are comparing age now? Durant is a better shooter so he can score easier (jump shots) but Durant also didn't have to develop the way lebron did. DUrant's team >>>>>>> Lebrons Cavs and its not even close. Durant could manage to lay low all game, let Westbrook do whatever and just score when needed. He can chill, lebron could never chill. He can't even chill now.

Lebron's pressure to be engaged at all times in every game is nothing Durant will ever have the pressure of doing, he can pick his shots however he pleases. You give a great shooter a team where his next best teammate can outplay him on any given night and he won't be efficient?
imchillin
Banned User
And1: 28

Post#647 Re: 1/18 Game Thread
Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:16 am by GSP

imchillin wrote:
TheAdmiral wrote:
Run DLC wrote:But but but but, He's a better all-around player than LeBron James.

He may not be the better player (certainly not the better all-around player), but he doesn't deserve to be called a chucker as well. He's having a significantly more efficient season at 24 years of age in terms of scoring compared to LeBron's season when he was the same age.

Impressive game by Durant.

not sure how we are comparing age now? Durant is a better shooter so he can score easier (jump shots) but Durant also didn't have to develop the way lebron did. DUrant's team >>>>>>> Lebrons Cavs and its not even close. Durant could manage to lay low all game, let Westbrook do whatever and just score when needed. He can chill, lebron could never chill. He can't even chill now.

Lebron's pressure to be engaged at all times in every game is nothing Durant will ever have the pressure of doing, he can pick his shots however he pleases. You give a great shooter a team where his next best teammate can outplay him on any given night and he won't be efficient?

Westbrook is the main difference between the 2 teams. Outside of him Lebrons Cavs supporting cast was better than the Thunder. Both strong defensive teams that very bad offensively without their star.
GSP

Lead Assistant
And1: 594

Post#648 Re: 1/18 Game Thread
Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:21 am by King_John

Westbrook is the main difference between the 2 teams. Outside of him Lebrons Cavs supporting cast was better than the Thunder. Both strong defensive teams that very bad offensively without their star.[/quote]

Yeah like who...OKC still has Ibaka and Martin as major contributors...and who exactly do you mean was better on the Cavs supporting cast (Drew Gooden, Larry Huges, Zydrunas Illgauskas, Jamario Moon,.....). I mean you could argue with Varajao and Mo Willimas but they are not better than Ibaka and Martin....
King_John

Starter
And1: 286

Post#649 Re: 1/18 Game Thread
Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:29 am by GSP

King_John wrote:Westbrook is the main difference between the 2 teams. Outside of him Lebrons Cavs supporting cast was better than the Thunder. Both strong defensive teams that very bad offensively without their star.

Yeah like who...OKC still has Ibaka and Martin as major contributors...and who exactly do you mean was better on the Cavs supporting cast (Drew Gooden, Larry Huges, Zydrunas Illgauskas, Jamario Moon,.....). I mean you could argue with Varajao and Mo Willimas but they are not better than Ibaka and Martin....[/quote]

Mo Williams is and was better tham Martin IMO. Ibaka would be ever worse offensive than Andy without Thunder 2 main stars. Hes assisted on 93% of his field goal makes............defensively Andys better IMO Ibaka is overrated defender because of shotblocking.

Mo > Martin
Andy > Ibaka
Delonte > Thabo
Big Z > Collison
past prime Big Ben > Perkins

IMO. But Westbrook is a superstar in this league hes amazing and makes the difference overall. Top 3 Pg.
GSP

Lead Assistant
And1: 594

Post#650 Re: 1/18 Game Thread
Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:02 am by King_John

GSP wrote:
King_John wrote:Westbrook is the main difference between the 2 teams. Outside of him Lebrons Cavs supporting cast was better than the Thunder. Both strong defensive teams that very bad offensively without their star.

Yeah like who...OKC still has Ibaka and Martin as major contributors...and who exactly do you mean was better on the Cavs supporting cast (Drew Gooden, Larry Huges, Zydrunas Illgauskas, Jamario Moon,.....). I mean you could argue with Varajao and Mo Willimas but they are not better than Ibaka and Martin....

Mo Williams is and was better tham Martin IMO. Ibaka would be ever worse offensive than Andy without Thunder 2 main stars. Hes assisted on 93% of his field goal makes............defensively Andys better IMO Ibaka is overrated defender because of shotblocking.

Mo > Martin
Andy > Ibaka
Delonte > Thabo
Big Z > Collison

IMO. But Westbrook is a superstar in this league hes amazing and makes the difference overall. Top 3 Pg.[/quote]

First I assume you are trolling. If you are not I can guarantee you are the only person on this board who thinks this...

Mo > Martin
Andy > Ibaka
Delonte > Thabo
Big Z > Collison

...is accurate. PEACE
King_John

Starter

Post#651 Re: 1/18 Game Thread
Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:05 am by King_John

now if we compare the roster of LeBron Prime Cleveland and Durants Thunder now:

Westbrook > Mo
West > sefolosha
Ibaka > Hickson
Perkins > Ilgauskas

plus: martin > west
King_John

Starter

Post#652 Re: 1/18 Game Thread
Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:41 am by va-mos

It is amazing that despite being told differently by all "experts", the Bulls may have a better record than the Knicks, even before Rose returns. Bulls are only 2 games behind Knicks after that great grinding win at Boston.
va-mos
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#653 Re: 1/18 Game Thread
Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:53 am by Benas360

Benas360
Sixth Man
And1: 131

Post#654 Re: 1/18 Game Thread
Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:54 am by TheAdmiral

D-31 wrote:again..all of u Jordan fans are caught up in his scoring accolades and fail to realize that he was a lousy basketball player.

Jordan never fully understood basketball. He had the lowest basketball IQ of any NBA "superstar" in history.
TheAdmiral

RealGM
And1: 582

Post#655 Re: 1/18 Game Thread
Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:43 am by ricochet

21 Free throws???? WTF???
ricochet
Sixth Man
And1: 18

Post#656 Re: 1/18 Game Thread
Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:08 am by branny

spearsy23 wrote:
HotRocks34 wrote:
lilojmayo wrote:
Durant a monster, show him respect he won the game.

With all that beiing said, if we dont get OKC Vs Lakers 1 vs 8 seed first round. And it becomes OKC vs Mavs 1 vs 8 seed first round. With Dirk fully 100% by then , it has serious serious serious upset potential. 2 times they have played 2 times went to OT.

Possibly could go down as the greatest upset in NBA history, keep that in mind.

I think the Mavs could make a nice push in the second half of the season. They are really starting to play with intensity now and as Dirk gets better, the team should also get better.

#1 OKC vs #8 DAL could be awesome.

I really hope that doesn't happen :x

Could end up being an awesome series.
NaturalThunder wrote:OKC killing Serge's MVP candidacy...2-0 without Ibaka on the season.
branny
Assistant Coach
And1: 27

Post#657 Re: 1/18 Game Thread
Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:27 am by Durant 35

Love our never say die attuide. Dallas always play us so tough no matter how good or bad they are.

we have two road games in Denver then off to play the Clips. Will be tough it's a damn tough 6 game road trip.

As long as we beat the clips.
Durant 35
Junior
And1: 1

Post#658 Re: 1/18 Game Thread
Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:28 am by 9abovetherim

9abovetherim
Lead Assistant
And1: 67

Post#659 Re: 1/18 Game Thread
Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:06 am by Tron Carter

va-mos wrote:It is amazing that despite being told differently by all "experts", the Bulls may have a better record than the Knicks, even before Rose returns. Bulls are only 2 games behind Knicks after that great grinding win at Boston.

The experts also said the Knicks would be fighting for the 8th seed, the Celtics would run away with the Atlantic, and Deron Williams was better then Carmelo Anthony.

Not really much to feel vindicated about.
ibraheim718 wrote:Coming up with ideas to fix this team is like coming up with ideas for world peace.
Tron Carter
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,730

Post#660 Re: 1/18 Game Thread
Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:41 am by JDRochholz

Quote of the night:
K.C Johnson ‏@KCJHoop
Asked Noah if KG crosses line: "When we lose, I feel like he crosses the line. But since we've been beating their asses, I'm cool with it."

:D
JDRochholz

General Manager
And1: 585

Post#661 Re: 1/18 Game Thread
Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:18 am by bbms

How did Durant chucked when he scored 52 points on 31 FGA? 36 USG% is like just 2% above Carmelo's average. He actually improved his Offensive Rating after this game. Surpassed Chris Paul in WS/48.

He scored 52 on his average efficiency. I wonder how would his scoring look like if he wasn't having a rare bad streak in the 4th. He missed like 4 easy shots(for him).
bbms

Veteran
And1: 196

Post#662 Re: 1/18 Game Thread
Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:43 am by TheAdmiral

D-31 wrote:again..all of u Jordan fans are caught up in his scoring accolades and fail to realize that he was a lousy basketball player.

Jordan never fully understood basketball. He had the lowest basketball IQ of any NBA "superstar" in history.
TheAdmiral

RealGM
And1: 582

Post#663 Re: 1/18 Game Thread
Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:04 pm by Gus McCrae

random question: can someone help me out I'm trying to look up players that have scored 18 pts or more in a quarter this year. what site do i use?

my buddy says only Paul George has
Gus McCrae
Lead Assistant
And1: 176

Post#664 Re: 1/18 Game Thread
Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:30 pm by BizGilwalker

SoCAL24 wrote:random question: can someone help me out I'm trying to look up players that have scored 18 pts or more in a quarter this year. what site do i use?

my buddy says only Paul George has
I think Ben Gordon has already done that multiple times this year.
Takingbaconback wrote:Would anyone really be that surprised if Dieng was a better player than Wiggins in the next 5 years?
BizGilwalker

RealGM
And1: 1,723

Post#665 Re: 1/18 Game Thread
Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:04 pm by Catchall

Al Jefferson has scored 17 pts in a quarter this year, fwiw.
Catchall
Sixth Man
And1: 81

PreviousNext

Return to The General Board