1/18 Game Thread

Moderators: Morten Jensen, Flash3, magnumt, Blame Rasho, tsherkin, Knickstape1214, Yuri Vaultin, NO-KG-AI

imchillin
Banned User
Posts: 1,974
And1: 28
Joined: May 01, 2012

Re: 1/18 Game Thread 

Post#646 » by imchillin » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:26 am

TheAdmiral wrote:
Run DLC wrote:But but but but, He's a better all-around player than LeBron James.


He may not be the better player (certainly not the better all-around player), but he doesn't deserve to be called a chucker as well. He's having a significantly more efficient season at 24 years of age in terms of scoring compared to LeBron's season when he was the same age.

Impressive game by Durant.


not sure how we are comparing age now? Durant is a better shooter so he can score easier (jump shots) but Durant also didn't have to develop the way lebron did. DUrant's team >>>>>>> Lebrons Cavs and its not even close. Durant could manage to lay low all game, let Westbrook do whatever and just score when needed. He can chill, lebron could never chill. He can't even chill now.

Lebron's pressure to be engaged at all times in every game is nothing Durant will ever have the pressure of doing, he can pick his shots however he pleases. You give a great shooter a team where his next best teammate can outplay him on any given night and he won't be efficient?
User avatar
GSP
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,725
And1: 1,010
Joined: Dec 12, 2011
     

Re: 1/18 Game Thread 

Post#647 » by GSP » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:16 am

imchillin wrote:
TheAdmiral wrote:
Run DLC wrote:But but but but, He's a better all-around player than LeBron James.


He may not be the better player (certainly not the better all-around player), but he doesn't deserve to be called a chucker as well. He's having a significantly more efficient season at 24 years of age in terms of scoring compared to LeBron's season when he was the same age.

Impressive game by Durant.


not sure how we are comparing age now? Durant is a better shooter so he can score easier (jump shots) but Durant also didn't have to develop the way lebron did. DUrant's team >>>>>>> Lebrons Cavs and its not even close. Durant could manage to lay low all game, let Westbrook do whatever and just score when needed. He can chill, lebron could never chill. He can't even chill now.

Lebron's pressure to be engaged at all times in every game is nothing Durant will ever have the pressure of doing, he can pick his shots however he pleases. You give a great shooter a team where his next best teammate can outplay him on any given night and he won't be efficient?


Westbrook is the main difference between the 2 teams. Outside of him Lebrons Cavs supporting cast was better than the Thunder. Both strong defensive teams that very bad offensively without their star.
User avatar
King_John
Starter
Posts: 2,071
And1: 282
Joined: Apr 12, 2012
 

Re: 1/18 Game Thread 

Post#648 » by King_John » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:21 am

Westbrook is the main difference between the 2 teams. Outside of him Lebrons Cavs supporting cast was better than the Thunder. Both strong defensive teams that very bad offensively without their star.[/quote]

Yeah like who...OKC still has Ibaka and Martin as major contributors...and who exactly do you mean was better on the Cavs supporting cast (Drew Gooden, Larry Huges, Zydrunas Illgauskas, Jamario Moon,.....). I mean you could argue with Varajao and Mo Willimas but they are not better than Ibaka and Martin....
User avatar
GSP
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,725
And1: 1,010
Joined: Dec 12, 2011
     

Re: 1/18 Game Thread 

Post#649 » by GSP » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:29 am

King_John wrote:Westbrook is the main difference between the 2 teams. Outside of him Lebrons Cavs supporting cast was better than the Thunder. Both strong defensive teams that very bad offensively without their star.


Yeah like who...OKC still has Ibaka and Martin as major contributors...and who exactly do you mean was better on the Cavs supporting cast (Drew Gooden, Larry Huges, Zydrunas Illgauskas, Jamario Moon,.....). I mean you could argue with Varajao and Mo Willimas but they are not better than Ibaka and Martin....[/quote]

Mo Williams is and was better tham Martin IMO. Ibaka would be ever worse offensive than Andy without Thunder 2 main stars. Hes assisted on 93% of his field goal makes............defensively Andys better IMO Ibaka is overrated defender because of shotblocking.

Mo > Martin
Andy > Ibaka
Delonte > Thabo
Big Z > Collison
past prime Big Ben > Perkins

IMO. But Westbrook is a superstar in this league hes amazing and makes the difference overall. Top 3 Pg.
User avatar
King_John
Starter
Posts: 2,071
And1: 282
Joined: Apr 12, 2012
 

Re: 1/18 Game Thread 

Post#650 » by King_John » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:02 am

GSP wrote:
King_John wrote:Westbrook is the main difference between the 2 teams. Outside of him Lebrons Cavs supporting cast was better than the Thunder. Both strong defensive teams that very bad offensively without their star.


Yeah like who...OKC still has Ibaka and Martin as major contributors...and who exactly do you mean was better on the Cavs supporting cast (Drew Gooden, Larry Huges, Zydrunas Illgauskas, Jamario Moon,.....). I mean you could argue with Varajao and Mo Willimas but they are not better than Ibaka and Martin....


Mo Williams is and was better tham Martin IMO. Ibaka would be ever worse offensive than Andy without Thunder 2 main stars. Hes assisted on 93% of his field goal makes............defensively Andys better IMO Ibaka is overrated defender because of shotblocking.

Mo > Martin
Andy > Ibaka
Delonte > Thabo
Big Z > Collison
past prime Big Ben > Perkins

IMO. But Westbrook is a superstar in this league hes amazing and makes the difference overall. Top 3 Pg.[/quote]

First I assume you are trolling. If you are not I can guarantee you are the only person on this board who thinks this...

Mo > Martin
Andy > Ibaka
Delonte > Thabo
Big Z > Collison
past prime Big Ben > Perkins

...is accurate. PEACE
User avatar
King_John
Starter
Posts: 2,071
And1: 282
Joined: Apr 12, 2012
 

Re: 1/18 Game Thread 

Post#651 » by King_John » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:05 am

now if we compare the roster of LeBron Prime Cleveland and Durants Thunder now:

Westbrook > Mo
West > sefolosha
Ibaka > Hickson
Perkins > Ilgauskas

plus: martin > west
va-mos
Banned User
Posts: 1,214
And1: 15
Joined: Aug 12, 2011

Re: 1/18 Game Thread 

Post#652 » by va-mos » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:41 am

It is amazing that despite being told differently by all "experts", the Bulls may have a better record than the Knicks, even before Rose returns. Bulls are only 2 games behind Knicks after that great grinding win at Boston.
Image
User avatar
Benas360
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,721
And1: 144
Joined: Nov 01, 2010

Re: 1/18 Game Thread 

Post#653 » by Benas360 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:53 am

User avatar
TheAdmiral
RealGM
Posts: 21,879
And1: 717
Joined: Nov 24, 2009
   

Re: 1/18 Game Thread 

Post#654 » by TheAdmiral » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:54 am

D-31 wrote:again..all of u Jordan fans are caught up in his scoring accolades and fail to realize that he was a lousy basketball player.

Jordan never fully understood basketball. He had the lowest basketball IQ of any NBA "superstar" in history.
ricochet
Banned User
Posts: 1,737
And1: 18
Joined: Sep 09, 2012

Re: 1/18 Game Thread 

Post#655 » by ricochet » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:43 am

21 Free throws???? WTF???
branny
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,810
And1: 27
Joined: Jun 01, 2012

Re: 1/18 Game Thread 

Post#656 » by branny » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:08 pm

spearsy23 wrote:
HotRocks34 wrote:
lilojmayo wrote:
Durant a monster, show him respect he won the game.


With all that beiing said, if we dont get OKC Vs Lakers 1 vs 8 seed first round. And it becomes OKC vs Mavs 1 vs 8 seed first round. With Dirk fully 100% by then , it has serious serious serious upset potential. 2 times they have played 2 times went to OT.

Possibly could go down as the greatest upset in NBA history, keep that in mind.


I think the Mavs could make a nice push in the second half of the season. They are really starting to play with intensity now and as Dirk gets better, the team should also get better.

#1 OKC vs #8 DAL could be awesome.

I really hope that doesn't happen :x


Could end up being an awesome series.
User avatar
Durant 35
Junior
Posts: 473
And1: 1
Joined: May 16, 2012

Re: 1/18 Game Thread 

Post#657 » by Durant 35 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:27 pm

Love our never say die attuide. Dallas always play us so tough no matter how good or bad they are.

we have two road games in Denver then off to play the Clips. Will be tough it's a damn tough 6 game road trip.

As long as we beat the clips.
9abovetherim
Banned User
Posts: 5,128
And1: 70
Joined: Mar 30, 2010

Re: 1/18 Game Thread 

Post#658 » by 9abovetherim » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:28 pm

User avatar
Tron Carter
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,507
And1: 1,993
Joined: Jul 20, 2012
Location: Basketball Purgatory
 

Re: 1/18 Game Thread 

Post#659 » by Tron Carter » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:06 pm

va-mos wrote:It is amazing that despite being told differently by all "experts", the Bulls may have a better record than the Knicks, even before Rose returns. Bulls are only 2 games behind Knicks after that great grinding win at Boston.
Image


The experts also said the Knicks would be fighting for the 8th seed, the Celtics would run away with the Atlantic, and Deron Williams was better then Carmelo Anthony.

Not really much to feel vindicated about.
ibraheim718 wrote:Coming up with ideas to fix this team is like coming up with ideas for world peace.
User avatar
JDRochholz
General Manager
Posts: 8,343
And1: 995
Joined: May 25, 2010
Location: Hawkeye Nation
   

Re: 1/18 Game Thread 

Post#660 » by JDRochholz » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:41 pm

Quote of the night:
K.C Johnson ‏@KCJHoop
Asked Noah if KG crosses line: "When we lose, I feel like he crosses the line. But since we've been beating their asses, I'm cool with it."

:D
Image
bbms
Veteran
Posts: 2,935
And1: 239
Joined: Dec 28, 2010
     

Re: 1/18 Game Thread 

Post#661 » by bbms » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:18 pm

How did Durant chucked when he scored 52 points on 31 FGA? 36 USG% is like just 2% above Carmelo's average. He actually improved his Offensive Rating after this game. Surpassed Chris Paul in WS/48.

He scored 52 on his average efficiency. I wonder how would his scoring look like if he wasn't having a rare bad streak in the 4th. He missed like 4 easy shots(for him).
User avatar
TheAdmiral
RealGM
Posts: 21,879
And1: 717
Joined: Nov 24, 2009
   

Re: 1/18 Game Thread 

Post#662 » by TheAdmiral » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:43 pm

D-31 wrote:again..all of u Jordan fans are caught up in his scoring accolades and fail to realize that he was a lousy basketball player.

Jordan never fully understood basketball. He had the lowest basketball IQ of any NBA "superstar" in history.
User avatar
Gus McCrae
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,984
And1: 346
Joined: Dec 07, 2007
     

Re: 1/18 Game Thread 

Post#663 » by Gus McCrae » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:04 am

random question: can someone help me out I'm trying to look up players that have scored 18 pts or more in a quarter this year. what site do i use?

my buddy says only Paul George has
User avatar
MotorKeepsGoing
RealGM
Posts: 28,652
And1: 3,669
Joined: Feb 05, 2012
Location: formerly BizGilwalker because thanks Cho
     

Re: 1/18 Game Thread 

Post#664 » by MotorKeepsGoing » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:30 am

SoCAL24 wrote:random question: can someone help me out I'm trying to look up players that have scored 18 pts or more in a quarter this year. what site do i use?

my buddy says only Paul George has
I think Ben Gordon has already done that multiple times this year.
Patrick Ewing: "Right now we don't have a rim protector. We don't have a guy who can come in, block shots, and play hard nosed defense"

Rich Cho: *declines qualifying offer on 22-year-old Bismack Biyombo*

#DefenseFirst
Catchall
Starter
Posts: 2,172
And1: 186
Joined: Jul 06, 2008

Re: 1/18 Game Thread 

Post#665 » by Catchall » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:04 am

Al Jefferson has scored 17 pts in a quarter this year, fwiw.

Return to The General Board