yardbarker

Andrew Wiggins - the next big thing

Moderators: Morten Jensen, Blame Rasho, Flash3, Doctor MJ, UGA Hayes, Yuri Vaultin, Mark K, NO-KG-AI, magnumt, tsherkin

Post#81 Re: Andrew Wiggins - the next big thing
Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:46 am by Baseline Runner

Its funny people now think Lebron was so skilled in high school when the majority of posters on this forum thought Lebron would be a bust after his rookie season (common complaints were he had no defense, no jump shot, was just an athlete, etc.). It was me and other Cavs fans defending him (anyone remember the long lost LBJ4MVP with 10k posts) but I guess hindsight is 20/20.

As for Wiggins he does look like a young T-Mac in the making.
CablexDeadpool wrote:
Dion Waiters is a chucking jumpshooting Rodney Stuckey

Awesome Basketball Simulator: www.buzzerbeater.com
Baseline Runner

Veteran
And1: 266

Post#82 Re: Andrew Wiggins - the next big thing
Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:29 am by Greek

If he inherits the half scoring ability of his father will be one of the best players in the league after 4-5 seasons...
Greek
Sixth Man
And1: 85

Post#83 Re: Andrew Wiggins - the next big thing
Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:32 pm by r0cd0gg

1UPZ wrote:
r0cd0gg wrote:
Doddage wrote:Wow. I'm not a fan of his last name, but damn, he looks legit.

wiggins - an uneasy feeling; a sense of foreboding badness. Originally coined by Joss Whedon, on his cult TV show Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

"Detroit gives me the wiggins"

Would love me some Wiggins in Detroit to pair up with Dre

A Dre/Moose/Drew front court would give the rest of the NBA the wiggins. :P

I'm not sure Why Piston fans think they will suck enough to get Wiggins in 2014...
You guys will improve dramatically as Drummond, Monroe become better and attract FA... And improve chemistry... 40 win team in 2013-2014...

never said I thought we would get him but would not complain if we did. I mainly wanted to use the word 'wiggins'. ;)
the crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe
r0cd0gg
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 129

Post#84 Re: Andrew Wiggins - the next big thing
Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:33 pm by Left Side Drive

He is ours everyone else get away from him...
2014/2015
PG: K. Lowry / G. Vasquez
SG: D. DeRozan / L. Williams / L. Fields
SF: T. Ross / James Johnson / B. Caboclo
PF: A. Johnson / P. Patterson / T. Hansbrough
C: J. Valanciunas / G. Stiemsma / C. Hayes / L. Nogueira
Left Side Drive

Lead Assistant
And1: 2,821

Post#85 Re: Andrew Wiggins - the next big thing
Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:59 pm by NG15

It'll be interesting to see where he commits to. FSU? UK?
NG15
Bench Warmer
And1: 122

Post#86 Re: Andrew Wiggins - the next big thing
Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:08 pm by Dr Octagon

Left Side Drive wrote:He is ours everyone else get away from him...
#FireMasai

5DOM wrote:We'll be the ones who built a dynasty in Miami :nonono:
Dr Octagon

RealGM
And1: 5,406
Location: In a million world, billion world, quadrillion world

Post#87 Re: Andrew Wiggins - the next big thing
Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:22 pm by The Warrior

Destined to be a Raptor.

ImageImage
The Warrior

Rookie
And1: 1,070

Post#88 Re: Andrew Wiggins - the next big thing
Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:32 pm by Choker

His level of fluidity, body control, quickness, bounce, vertical, and explosion is already better than most NBA players. He has potential to be a superstar player both on offense and defense.
Dukenukem23 wrote:Randof comment here,but your annoying and I don't like you.
Choker

RealGM
And1: 13,278

Post#89 Re: Andrew Wiggins - the next big thing
Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:14 pm by Chalk1

Does anyone know if he'll be in the Hoops Summit again this year?

Also, is he eligible for the McD's game?
Chalk1
Pro Prospect
And1: 197

Post#90 Re: Andrew Wiggins - the next big thing
Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:22 pm by DCsOwn

TheKingOfVa360 wrote:
dandrews wrote:Have any of you actually seen Wiggins or Parker play, or do you guys do all your prognostications off of 2 minute YouTube highlights?

I've seen him play at Peach Jam. Kid is the best prospect I have seen since Lebron.

He's not anywhere near as skilled as Durant was in high school, and he's probably not as physically gifted. He's more explosive vertically and stronger, but Durant's height and length, and just as importantly his fluidity, quickness and coordination given his height and length was alien like, even at Montrose.
DCsOwn
Junior
And1: 28

Post#91 Re: Andrew Wiggins - the next big thing
Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:45 pm by dolphinatik

He is not Lebron, Not Tmack (although this most closely resembles his game) and yes Jabari might be better than him as far as polish and overall skill. But nobody nobody has more potential than Wiggins. Whats most intriguing about him is that he is not playing to feed his family or to get recognized or any of that he just has a natural genetic love for competition. He is hungry and likely will stay hungry. He loves to play the game. He might never develop into a superstar or he might. Doesnt matter because his competitive drive will make him sought after and he will crack a rotation.
ImageImage
dolphinatik

Analyst
And1: 323

Post#92 Re: Andrew Wiggins - the next big thing
Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:25 pm by Baester

cb4_89 wrote:Hopefully the raptors are one of them. And hopefully we finally get that Lebron to Cleveland or Rose to Chicago lotto wins.

Raptors could go 0-82 and trade first round picks from the teams with the next 5 worst record and they still wouldnt get the first pick. No way is Stern stashing the next big thing in Canada.
Baester
Rookie
And1: 57

Post#93 Re: Andrew Wiggins - the next big thing
Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:31 pm by Inevitable

Baester wrote:
cb4_89 wrote:Hopefully the raptors are one of them. And hopefully we finally get that Lebron to Cleveland or Rose to Chicago lotto wins.

Raptors could go 0-82 and trade first round picks from the teams with the next 5 worst record and they still wouldnt get the first pick. No way is Stern stashing the next big thing in Canada.

Did you forget he's Canadian and from Toronto? That would be a huge marketable move for the NBA by Stern compared to having him go to a city like Charlotte or Phoenix.

Just look at what VC did for basketball for Canada.
dballislife wrote:win here would be huge
Inevitable

RealGM
And1: 18,910

Post#94 Re: Andrew Wiggins - the next big thing
Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:35 pm by NikolaPekovic

As a twolves fan i hope toronto gets him. Their fans deserve a savior.
NikolaPekovic
Senior
And1: 56

Post#95 Re: Andrew Wiggins - the next big thing
Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:31 am by High 5

"Speechless. Discuss." Way to get us started.

Also, that video was like 90% jumping, 9% spinning, and 1% shooting.
High 5
RealGM
And1: 321

Post#96 Re: Andrew Wiggins - the next big thing
Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:01 am by branny

Baester wrote:

Why not? He's Canadian and could be a national hero.
NaturalThunder wrote:OKC killing Serge's MVP candidacy...2-0 without Ibaka on the season.
branny
Assistant Coach
And1: 27

Post#97 Re: Andrew Wiggins - the next big thing
Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:12 am by kakaman

He looks like Blake Griffin with a jump shot. Although, his stroke seems really slow and all his jumpshots were uncontested. I think he'll basically be more of a post player rather than a Lebron type player.
kakaman
Banned User
And1: 664

Post#98 Re: Andrew Wiggins - the next big thing
Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:26 am by Baester

Inevitable wrote:
Baester wrote:

Did you forget he's Canadian and from Toronto? That would be a huge marketable move for the NBA by Stern compared to having him go to a city like Charlotte or Phoenix.

Because 30 million is smaller than 300 million.
Baester
Rookie
And1: 57

Post#99 Re: Andrew Wiggins - the next big thing
Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:40 am by strudel forever

Baester wrote:
Inevitable wrote:

Because 30 million is smaller than 300 million.

Fool proof logic there.
strudel forever
Junior
And1: 63

Post#100 Re: Andrew Wiggins - the next big thing
Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:09 am by TheGoodDoctor

Even as a Canadian I don't like that he is consistently mentioned as a "Lebron" type of prospect.

Because really NO ONE is....not even in the past (yes even Jordan) as a prospect. Lebron was the most complete prospect the league has ever seen from overall skill to physical gifts. There simply isn't another prospect that has rivaled James as a prospect. To clarify in history Jordan is still the GOAT and will remain that but the natural talents and God given genetics I have never seen on a player like Lebron and I am old enough where I did watch Jordan and was a huge Bulls' fan (bandwagoning of course lol) until we finally got a franchise here in Toronto.

To me Wiggins' potential is what McGrady could have been

McGrady in his prime rivaled Kobe Bryant for best player in the league and had he had a different attitude and approach he may have been better than Kobe (but of course didn't). I don't even think a full potential McGrady is at the level of a Lebron but that is a helluva player...again a prime TMac with a better approach imo could have been at Kobe's level or just slightly better and that to me is where Wiggins potential lies. Not quite Lebron but still amongst one of the most elite. But I don't like to oversell highschool players that's a big if but the potential I believe is there.
#MLSEHIRETZ ------ HOLD UP, HOLD UP-------#WETHENORTH.
TheGoodDoctor

Head Coach
And1: 4,444

PreviousNext

Return to The General Board