Jrue Holiday revisited

Moderators: Morten Jensen, Knickstape1214, magnumt, Flash3, Blame Rasho, tsherkin, Yuri Vaultin, NO-KG-AI

User avatar
TwentyOne920
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,679
And1: 129
Joined: Jun 29, 2012

Re: Jrue Holiday revisited 

Post#16 » by TwentyOne920 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:12 am

ComboGuardCity wrote:His team is out of the playoffs at this point and nobody out of the playoffs is making the all star team. He's good, but you didn't make a thread when calderon dropped 14/11 on him and beat his team badly.


Kobe and Dwight?
bertrob wrote:Any casual fan saying anything about Tim Duncan is usually wrong


bobly wrote:Kobe locked up his All Defensive Team this year after he blocked Lebron in the all-star game.
branny
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,810
And1: 27
Joined: Jun 01, 2012

Re: Jrue Holiday revisited 

Post#17 » by branny » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:16 am

TwentyOne920 wrote:
ComboGuardCity wrote:His team is out of the playoffs at this point and nobody out of the playoffs is making the all star team. He's good, but you didn't make a thread when calderon dropped 14/11 on him and beat his team badly.


Kobe and Dwight?


Weren't those fan votes? Wouldn't matter though would it..
User avatar
ITK9
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,552
And1: 12
Joined: Feb 06, 2007
     

Re: Jrue Holiday revisited 

Post#18 » by ITK9 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:05 pm

daschysta wrote:
ITK9 wrote:last 3 games:

vs Hou :30 and 9
vs NO: 29 and 11
vs TOR: 33 and 14

If he would play for Lakers, Celtics or Knicks this board would explode.


Philly isn't exactly a small market. This board would be exploding if Philly wasn't out of the playoffs and he was putting up those numbers. Regardless I think he's the real deal, but winning is what brings exposure to these things.


Our record has nothing to do with Jrue.Put Chris Paul on that team and me might have 2-3 more wins but that's it.Without Jrue we have arguably the worst team in the league.Except Turner and Thad Young our team si pure garbage.Jrue is the only reason we don't have a top 3 bottom record.
User avatar
TwentyOne920
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,679
And1: 129
Joined: Jun 29, 2012

Re: Jrue Holiday revisited 

Post#19 » by TwentyOne920 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:32 pm

Your front court rotation is Lavoy Allen (too small to guard centers), Spencer Hawes ( :lol: ) and Kwame Brown ( :rofl: ) That pretty much negates any stellar play by Holiday and solid play from Turner and Thad Young.
bertrob wrote:Any casual fan saying anything about Tim Duncan is usually wrong


bobly wrote:Kobe locked up his All Defensive Team this year after he blocked Lebron in the all-star game.
User avatar
cksdayoff
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,676
And1: 235
Joined: Jun 21, 2010

Re: Jrue Holiday revisited 

Post#20 » by cksdayoff » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:00 pm

TwentyOne920 wrote:Your front court rotation is Lavoy Allen (too small to guard centers), Spencer Hawes ( :lol: ) and Kwame Brown ( :rofl: ) That pretty much negates any stellar play by Holiday and solid play from Turner and Thad Young.


Its funny because its true. The sixers have the worst front court in the NBA.
KrazySixersD
Head Coach
Posts: 7,146
And1: 39
Joined: Jul 16, 2008

Re: Jrue Holiday revisited 

Post#21 » by KrazySixersD » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:48 pm

^ which further proves our point
eyeatoma
General Manager
Posts: 8,931
And1: 33
Joined: Feb 25, 2005
Location: Indonesia
   

Re: Jrue Holiday revisited 

Post#22 » by eyeatoma » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:48 am

Just in case some of you still don't believe Jrue deserves to make the all-star reserves, just watch the spectacular performance he had last night...

33 pts/14 assists/1 3pt/ 6-8 ft / 13-23 fg / 5 rebs / 3 stls / 3 tos

Not only is a top 3 pg this year, but I really feel that he is a top 10-15 player atm...

User avatar
Optms
RealGM
Posts: 10,743
And1: 1,273
Joined: Jun 11, 2009
 

Re: Jrue Holiday revisited 

Post#23 » by Optms » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:52 am

Jrue has developed so much since his first couple of seasons. The first Sixers game I saw of him a month ago I was in total shock at how much noticeably he improved. He should be in the All-Star game.
Illmatic21
Veteran
Posts: 2,950
And1: 554
Joined: Mar 01, 2009

Re: Jrue Holiday revisited 

Post#24 » by Illmatic21 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:11 am

Holiday has become one of my favorite players this season, dude is nice. He looks so comfortable running the team and always knows when to attack or when to create. You can tell he doesn't think much and lets things come naturally to him.

He reminds me a lot of younger Deron Williams (clearly he's better than D-Will right now)
User avatar
Jase
RealGM
Posts: 13,051
And1: 157
Joined: Aug 01, 2008
Location: Grand Rapids, MI.

Re: Jrue Holiday revisited 

Post#25 » by Jase » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:04 am

KrazySixersD wrote:well, jrue is now averaging 19.3 ppg and 9 assists per game, and he just got finished DESTROYING kyle lowery.. scoring our last 14 points in a row to come back and win


So, you're creating a thread to gloat about your own player....kind of an "I told you so" mentality, right?

"Destroying" Kyle Lowry (not Lowery) isn't saying much. He's been hurt most of the year, he's been pretty much disappointing since coming to Canada, and he was coming off the bench. So him getting outplayed isn't exactly something the basketball world is going to get excited over.

And it's sad that you guys had to come from behind to beat the Raptors. With all do respect to the TOR faithful (best fanbase on RealGM. Definitely best sigs), Philly should have been able to handle this game without needing heroics at the end.
"A winner listens. A loser just waits until it's their turn to talk."
User avatar
DikembeFor3
Senior
Posts: 573
And1: 47
Joined: Dec 27, 2010
     

Re: Jrue Holiday revisited 

Post#26 » by DikembeFor3 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:09 am

Jase wrote:
KrazySixersD wrote:well, jrue is now averaging 19.3 ppg and 9 assists per game, and he just got finished DESTROYING kyle lowery.. scoring our last 14 points in a row to come back and win


So, you're creating a thread to gloat about your own player....kind of an "I told you so" mentality, right?

"Destroying" Kyle Lowry (not Lowery) isn't saying much. He's been hurt most of the year, he's been pretty much disappointing since coming to Canada, and he was coming off the bench. So him getting outplayed isn't exactly something the basketball world is going to get excited over.

And it's sad that you guys had to come from behind to beat the Raptors. With all do respect to the TOR faithful (best fanbase on RealGM. Definitely best sigs), Philly should have been able to handle this game without needing heroics at the end.


He mentioned it because there were people on here trying to make the laughable claim that Lowry is better than Jrue.
Image
:)
sixerhp3
Freshman
Posts: 61
And1: 0
Joined: Dec 17, 2011

Re: Jrue Holiday revisited 

Post#27 » by sixerhp3 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:52 am

Holiday is playing like the 3rd best PG in the league as of now. Straight beast.. The only reason why I still watch every Sixers game.. Interesting to see how Bynum pans out
daschysta
Analyst
Posts: 3,727
And1: 276
Joined: Dec 19, 2008

Re: Jrue Holiday revisited 

Post#28 » by daschysta » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:12 am

Holiday is way under-rated by most people.

However, by that same token Bynum is way overrated by most people.

Bynum coming back isn't going to make Philly into a homecourt team in the East, that roster has big problems when you look beyond Jrue/Bynum/Thadeus young.

Evan Turner is fading in a dissapointing way, his shooting percentage has gone from 45.8 to 42.7 to 39.6 month by month, his scoring has dropped from 14.9 to 14.4 to 11.6 month by month so have his Rebounds and 3 point percentage (45.8 to 41 to 30). I don't really see him as a starter on a contending team, which is dissapointing considering he started really hot. Young has underperformed, and really everyone else has as well but Thadeus and Jrue, Bynum isn't going to just make everything better.

Jrue is the real deal though, it's just that he and Bynum alone aren't going to make the Sixers into a 50+ win squad.
Tumakapac713
Senior
Posts: 672
And1: 323
Joined: Nov 24, 2010

Re: Jrue Holiday revisited 

Post#29 » by Tumakapac713 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:27 am

Jrue has been playing out of his mind despite the fact that Philly has been a major disappointment this year. If he was to be left off the team, he'd more than likely be the biggest snub. Rondo was a shoo-in to be voted in by the fans but Jrue better get the respect of the coaches.
"Own team own League! To For Self!!!"
User avatar
I_Socrates
General Manager
Posts: 7,586
And1: 809
Joined: Jun 16, 2008
       

Re: Jrue Holiday revisited 

Post#30 » by I_Socrates » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:46 am

fatlever wrote:it will be a complete shame if holiday isnt added to the all-star team. he is having an amazing year and carrying that team on his back.


If Deron Williams or Brandon Jennings make it in over Holiday, I will seriously consider not watching the NBA.
eyeatoma
General Manager
Posts: 8,931
And1: 33
Joined: Feb 25, 2005
Location: Indonesia
   

Re: Jrue Holiday revisited 

Post#31 » by eyeatoma » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:56 am

Gotta agree with Socrates...If Deron Williams made it last year with that horrible team, and Kevin Love got in twice without making the playoffs, there is precedent to get Holiday selected by the coaches. It could very be one of the biggest snubs in the last few years if he doesn't get selected...
Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
Posts: 33,892
And1: 3,528
Joined: Mar 10, 2005
Location: Treys are for Kicks!
     

Re: Jrue Holiday revisited 

Post#32 » by Doctor MJ » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:45 am

KrazySixersD wrote:
hes a 1 man team right now and honestly anyone who says this kid doesnt deserve the all star game or that he isnt one of the top PG's in the league is just not watching any of his games... ill leave with these quotes from rotoworld:
"


He may well get an all-star spot, and maybe he deserves one. Have to say though, Philly's falloff this year is at historic levels this year. SRS is -7.73 worse than last year. In any normal situation this either screams:

1) Whoever left last year WAS your team.
2) Whatever strategy you're trying this year is FAILING.

With either case, it's not wise to look at the stats of anyone on the team and saying "He's doing amazing!" Philly handed the team to Holiday this year, and the result is a team worse than any 76er team since the Jordan era. And while defense is the biggest issue, the offense is the worst we saw from Philly in about a decade too.

In the off-season, Philly needs to seriously look at where they are in every possible way, and that includes asking whether Holiday's individual stats really indicate he's a franchise player.
Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
Posts: 33,892
And1: 3,528
Joined: Mar 10, 2005
Location: Treys are for Kicks!
     

Re: Jrue Holiday revisited 

Post#33 » by Doctor MJ » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:48 am

eyeatoma wrote:Gotta agree with Socrates...If Deron Williams made it last year with that horrible team, and Kevin Love got in twice without making the playoffs, there is precedent to get Holiday selected by the coaches. It could very be one of the biggest snubs in the last few years if he doesn't get selected...


As mentioned, there's the issue that Love & Deron came to awful teams whereas Holiday has never been on an awful team until this year. To the extent one can fault Love & Deron for not being able to do more to help a bad team, one can argue that the decision to put everything in Holiday's hands is part of the reason the team sucks now. That's gotta hurt.
User avatar
DikembeFor3
Senior
Posts: 573
And1: 47
Joined: Dec 27, 2010
     

Re: Jrue Holiday revisited 

Post#34 » by DikembeFor3 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:54 am

Doctor MJ wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Gotta agree with Socrates...If Deron Williams made it last year with that horrible team, and Kevin Love got in twice without making the playoffs, there is precedent to get Holiday selected by the coaches. It could very be one of the biggest snubs in the last few years if he doesn't get selected...


As mentioned, there's the issue that Love & Deron came to awful teams whereas Holiday has never been on an awful team until this year. To the extent one can fault Love & Deron for not being able to do more to help a bad team, one can argue that the decision to put everything in Holiday's hands is part of the reason the team sucks now. That's gotta hurt.


It's not exactly Holiday's fault that the roster turnover that happened after last year looks like this...

Out:
Andre Iguodala
Elton Brand (team's best big last yr)
Lou Williams
Nikola Vucevic
Jodie Meeks

In:
Andrew Bynum...0 games played
Kwame Brown
Nick Young
Jason Richardson
Dorell Wright

If Bynum is in the lineup, this team's better than any Sixers team in recent memory. The fact that he's excelling despite the rest of the roster being stripped down in favor of a piece that's not even playing helps his argument more than it hurts it.
Image
:)
bronxknicksfan1
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,401
And1: 17
Joined: Feb 01, 2011

Re: Jrue Holiday revisited 

Post#35 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:59 am

But wasn't this Sixers team supposed to be a force and be better than the Knicks and the Celtics according to most? :lol:

Return to The General Board