Noah speaks on Garnett

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Senor Chang
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,211

Re: Noah speaks on Garnett 

Post#61 » by Senor Chang » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:27 pm

richboy wrote:
Jeff23 wrote:
richboy wrote:What sad about KG is when his career is done he won't be beloved like a Tim Duncan. When he was in Minnesota people adored KG. He goes to Boston and becomes the biggest prick in the league.

I don't buy into this well Boston fans love it and everyone else hates it because he isn't playing for them. KG is not tough. He plays soft. He backs away from physical play. His entire act doesn't work with most of the league. Nobody plays Boston and is intimidated by them. Especially since Perkins left. I would want KG because who wouldn't want a great defensive PF who is money from 20 feet and can still do work in the post. But honestly the rest of the stuff seems meaningless and irrelevant.

KG has always been like this. Even in minny. Also you say that he plays soft and then go on and call him a great defensive PF who can still do work in the post.. i have yet to see a great defensive PF who's soft. Everything KG does is physical and tough dude.

Well go watch KG. In physical games he backs down. You watch game 7 of the Lakers vs Celtics final games few years ago he backed away from physical contact. He does not like physical games. JVG has often said KG doesn't even like to guard physical players. I've said this for years about KG. He didn't want to ever play center. But in reality it took him years to even embrace playing PF. KG wanted to be a SF. He wanted to be like Scottie Pippen. In reality I've always saw him as a Scottie Pippen like big man. That doesn't mean you can't be great defensively because there are many aspects of the game. KG greatness is in his movement and anticipation on defense. HIs versatility That why he is a great individual defender against guys like Chris Bosh or Kevin Love. It isn't in his physicality. Which is the same reason why he avoids guarding guys like Dwight When you attack KG with physical play he always attacks back with cheap shots.

You think KG is physical. LOL. Perhaps if your comparing him to Pau Gasol. If your comparing him to a Dwight or a Reggie Evans. Any number of the real physical players this league has seen. KG is a position defender who wants to spot up for jumpers all game. Watch the game against the Bulls. Watch Boozer just push KG around including on the game winning shot where if it had missed KG had been knocked right out of position. KG knows he can't beat you with strength so he uses cheap shots to give an illusion of toughness. But at the end of the night Boston is often killed by big physical teams for a reason. Since Kendrick Perkins has left they aren't tough. Even Doc Rivers has called them soft.

wayoftheroad wrote:We’re getting bodied by Moochie Norris lmao
Senor Chang
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,211

Post#62 » by Senor Chang » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:28 pm

Debaser wrote:So Noah complains and bitches about KG's antics when they lose, but since the Bulls have been beating the Celtics asses he's cool with it. I guess he's not cool with it then.

He was trolling them. I think it is fair. Just as KG rubs it in when they win, Noah is going to rub it in when the bulls win.
wayoftheroad wrote:We’re getting bodied by Moochie Norris lmao
JasonFTW
RealGM
And1: 463

Post#63 » by JasonFTW » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:33 pm

Noah's a good guy, he can probably be annoying to others but he's a good person who speaks his mind a lot.
JasonFTW
RealGM

Post#64 » by JasonFTW » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:34 pm

Durant 35 wrote:Thats brillant.
JasonFTW
RealGM

Post#65 » by JasonFTW » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:39 pm

Froob wrote:Honestly tho, as much as I hate Noah he'd be perfect starting next to KG. I don't think the bulls have any plans to gift wrap him to the C's tho lol.

Nope lol.
9abovetherim
Banned User
And1: 73

Post#66 » by 9abovetherim » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:43 pm

"At the end of the day, it's yours against mine, and I like my chances."

- Joakim Noah
ermocrate
General Manager
And1: 1,603

Post#67 » by ermocrate » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:04 pm

hayden wrote:
pross wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:Are Boston fans really mad he described kg like this? Isn't that why you guys like him? Everybody already knows he's dirty...

What? No ones mad. Just the double standards on this board are hilarious. I have nothing against what Noah said. All I'm saying is, if it was the other way around, there would be a 10 page hate filled thread about KG.

Take off your homer glasses, bro. Last time I checked, Noah wasn't a huge douchebag like KG... so it's kind of hard for it to be a double standard.

It's like if Hitler and Woody Allen told the same joke about Jews... who do you think would get criticized more?

Wow, you are really a smart guy, Hitler fits in just fine in a BBall talk... Take off you smart glasses, maybe normal people is just not ready for all this knowledge... :lol:
"Negativity in this town sucks"
Dr Pepper
Assistant Coach
And1: 338

Post#68 » by Dr Pepper » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:21 pm

richboy wrote:
Jeff23 wrote:
richboy wrote:What sad about KG is when his career is done he won't be beloved like a Tim Duncan. When he was in Minnesota people adored KG. He goes to Boston and becomes the biggest prick in the league.

I don't buy into this well Boston fans love it and everyone else hates it because he isn't playing for them. KG is not tough. He plays soft. He backs away from physical play. His entire act doesn't work with most of the league. Nobody plays Boston and is intimidated by them. Especially since Perkins left. I would want KG because who wouldn't want a great defensive PF who is money from 20 feet and can still do work in the post. But honestly the rest of the stuff seems meaningless and irrelevant.

KG has always been like this. Even in minny. Also you say that he plays soft and then go on and call him a great defensive PF who can still do work in the post.. i have yet to see a great defensive PF who's soft. Everything KG does is physical and tough dude.

Well go watch KG. In physical games he backs down. You watch game 7 of the Lakers vs Celtics final games few years ago he backed away from physical contact. He does not like physical games. JVG has often said KG doesn't even like to guard physical players. I've said this for years about KG. He didn't want to ever play center. But in reality it took him years to even embrace playing PF. KG wanted to be a SF. He wanted to be like Scottie Pippen. In reality I've always saw him as a Scottie Pippen like big man. That doesn't mean you can't be great defensively because there are many aspects of the game. KG greatness is in his movement and anticipation on defense. HIs versatility That why he is a great individual defender against guys like Chris Bosh or Kevin Love. It isn't in his physicality. Which is the same reason why he avoids guarding guys like Dwight When you attack KG with physical play he always attacks back with cheap shots.

You think KG is physical. LOL. Perhaps if your comparing him to Pau Gasol. If your comparing him to a Dwight or a Reggie Evans. Any number of the real physical players this league has seen. KG is a position defender who wants to spot up for jumpers all game. Watch the game against the Bulls. Watch Boozer just push KG around including on the game winning shot where if it had missed KG had been knocked right out of position. KG knows he can't beat you with strength so he uses cheap shots to give an illusion of toughness. But at the end of the night Boston is often killed by big physical teams for a reason. Since Kendrick Perkins has left they aren't tough. Even Doc Rivers has called them soft.

Yea if fans go beyond KG's antics he's actually kind of an underrated softy. His offense is mostly jumpers and his wiry frame and lack of strength forces him to make a lot of soft finesse moves, he can't bully or force his will on the game like bigger and stronger players have done. His playoffs TS% in his prime as the man in Minnesota ranks him well below David Robinson and quite frankly KG is one of the worst offensive 7 footers compared to other all top 30 Greats

Mentally KG's antics seem entertaining but he also got his old ass suspended for Boston in a playoffs game and his trashtalk bullying backfired against LeBron in the past 2 playoffs series they had.

KG is a guy that got shat on by Wally for sucking in the clutch, and IIRC McHale has flat out said that KG isn't really a guy you can give the ball down in crunch time and make things happen although to KG's credit before he airballed the last regular jumper he was playing well in the 4th
Kobe vs MJ "Clone Wars" NBA.com video:

Frosty wrote:Funny this is called Clone Wars because Kobe is like the second installment of the Star Wars series. It looked like Star Wars but came up short. But it did appeal to the kiddies.
Green Backpack
Head Coach
And1: 3,273

Post#69 » by Green Backpack » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:34 pm

KG probably just laughs at all these comments. If people talk, then KG is on their mind and that's just what he wants
izZo
Bench Warmer
And1: 9

Post#70 » by izZo » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:36 pm

KingCuban wrote:If anyone gets annoyed at these comments, i will get annoyed.

He is telling it like it is, and its made KG great over the years.

Just like Noah, KG is a guy that opposing teams and fans loathe, but the ball club he plays for and its fan adore.

No need for Boston fans to get mad here.

/thread
KDRE
Lead Assistant
And1: 86

Post#71 » by KDRE » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:47 pm

I saw kg elbow Noah after he fouled him then he put his hands up like he didn't do anything

That's where this stems from

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2
Notes: Rookie Rudy Gay twisted his left ankle trying to guard McGrady late in the third quarter and limped to the bench. He returned with 5:51 left, then returned to the bench about a minute later - http://www.nba.com/games/20061231/MEMHOU/recap.html
Mobby
Analyst
And1: 424

Post#72 » by Mobby » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:49 pm

MVP Rose wrote:the difference between Noah and KG is that Noah won't throw cheap shots and elbows at you, he'll just annoy the **** out of you.

Truth.
mr.ankle
Banned User
And1: 57

Post#73 » by mr.ankle » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:51 pm

PP 4 Three wrote:When have the Bulls been "beating our asses"? We split the regular season series last year and didn't meet in the Playoffs since we beat 'em without KG in 2009. This year the Celtics already have a win over them in Chicago and every game has been relatively close.

We beat you guy without Derrick Rose and Luol Deng did not play in the forth Quarter . And last year the only reason why the regular season was Derrick Rose was Injured .
WhateverBro
Head Coach
And1: 1,577

Post#74 » by WhateverBro » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:03 pm

mr.ankle wrote:
PP 4 Three wrote:When have the Bulls been "beating our asses"? We split the regular season series last year and didn't meet in the Playoffs since we beat 'em without KG in 2009. This year the Celtics already have a win over them in Chicago and every game has been relatively close.

We beat you guy without Derrick Rose and Luol Deng did not play in the forth Quarter . And last year the only reason why the regular season was Derrick Rose was Injured .

Bradley was missing ;)
WenningtonGuy
Senior
And1: 79

Post#75 » by WenningtonGuy » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:10 pm

I was wrong about him coming into the league. I thought he'd be nothing more than a decent back up center.

Wolves drafted the wrong Gator.
mj234eva
General Manager
And1: 3,567

Post#76 » by mj234eva » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:33 pm

PP 4 Three wrote:When have the Bulls been "beating our asses"? We split the regular season series last year

You didn't split the season series last year, Bulls won 3-1. And in three of those games, Rose didn't even play (2-1 w/o Rose).

The Bulls are 7-4 vs Boston under Thibs.
Michael Jordan wrote:Sometimes I wish I could be my teammates looking at that
defense. It must be nice. But it isn't nice for me.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 28,715

Post#77 » by og15 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:40 pm

LEHGOCELTICS wrote:This is the same idiot that called Garnett ugly. Lost all his credibility there.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

He lost his credibility because he doesn't think KG is handsome? And what credibility do you need to make this sort of statement? What are you saying? Lol
MVP Rose
Banned User
And1: 35

Post#78 » by MVP Rose » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:50 pm

Since 2009, I can maybe think of 1, maybe 2 games that the Celtics beat the Bulls when Rose plays. Even despite that, we beat you guys when Rose doesn't play. If they matched up, it would be a 4 game series in the playoffs if Rose is back, IMO.
MVP Rose
Banned User
And1: 35

Post#79 » by MVP Rose » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:55 pm

Froob wrote:Screw Noah, "Beating their asses" lol yall shouldn't have even won if Noah gets called for an obvious hack. Whatever.

And you guys wouldn't have won if Rose played, Deng doesn't get injured, if KG gets called for 1/4 of his illegal screens, or if the Bulls weren't put into the penalty halfway through every quarter..so...where are you going with this?
HanginAround
Junior
And1: 5

Post#80 » by HanginAround » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:55 pm

nobody likes him/

Return to The General Board