Noah speaks on Garnett

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Brenice
Banned User
And1: 464

Re: Noah speaks on Garnett 

Post#81 » by Brenice » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:00 pm

Garnett is a dirty finesse player. He is not a physical player.
Striders
Lead Assistant
And1: 252

Post#82 » by Striders » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:00 pm

Looking at all these comments makes me want to see the Celtics and Bulls meet in the playoffs again. :lol:

There's some real bad blood between a LOT of Eastern Playoff teams this year.
Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom. ~George Smith Patton
Brenice
Banned User
And1: 464

Post#83 » by Brenice » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:02 pm

Garnett is a dirty finesse player. He is not a physical player.
SpinninHouse
RealGM
And1: 2,725

Post#84 » by SpinninHouse » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:07 pm

KG is the most classless player in the NBA by a wide margin. I remember watching Utah-Boston last year and seeing Al Jefferson coming this close to beating his face into the ground. Everybody hates KG. He has to retire on the Celtics because every other team has a player that hates him.

I pray we see Boston in the playoffs this year.
FIRE THE JOHN "THE SNAKE" PAXSON, FOR GARMAN, AND FRED HOIBERGER.

#CHICAGOBULLS
WhateverBro
Head Coach
And1: 1,577

Post#85 » by WhateverBro » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:08 pm

MVP Rose wrote:
PP 4 Three wrote:
Since 2009, I can maybe think of 1, maybe 2 games that the Celtics beat the Bulls when Rose plays. Even despite that, we beat you guys when Rose doesn't play. If they matched up, it would be a 4 game series in the playoffs if Rose is back, IMO.

Since the 08-09 season, Celtics has beaten Bulls a total of 4 games while Bulls with Derrick Rose have beaten them 7 times in that span. Overall since the 08-09 season they're 6-9 in favor of the Bulls.

Wouldn't call it beating their asses and certainly not when the "starting counting after the 08-09 season" only favors the Bulls. If we include the record since 07-08, when the big three was formed, Celtics are 12-10 against the Bulls.

And no, it wouldn't be a 4 game series if Rose is back, are you serious? I would even have the Bulls as favorites at this point, with Rose back but thinking you're going to sweep the Celtics is extremely unlikely.
SpinninHouse
RealGM
And1: 2,725

Post#86 » by SpinninHouse » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:08 pm

Striders wrote:Looking at all these comments makes me want to see the Celtics and Bulls meet in the playoffs again. :lol:

We win that series in 6 games at the absolute most.
FIRE THE JOHN "THE SNAKE" PAXSON, FOR GARMAN, AND FRED HOIBERGER.

#CHICAGOBULLS
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,458

Post#87 » by Blame Rasho » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:09 pm

KG is a dirty douchebag type player... everyone who isn't a C's fan or Wolves can can admit that. People get butthurt if you say that, that but it is actually an acknowledgement that you can be a difference maker. If you ask me or anyone who wants their team to play for a title, you damn f'ing sure would want him on your team. Fact is you win with players like KG and Noah on your side. I damn sure don't want a soft ass big like Barney on my team.
BR0D1E86
RealGM
And1: 2,292

Post#88 » by BR0D1E86 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:13 pm

Striders wrote:Looking at all these comments makes me want to see the Celtics and Bulls meet in the playoffs again. :lol:

It would be awesome. The teams seem to hate each other, the fans seem to hate each other, and my wife is due during the playoffs and for our first kid we left the house for the hospital near the end of regulation in the 09 triple overtime game and I got to catch the end of it from the delivery room while we got settled.

It's all coming back around again.
WhateverBro
Head Coach

Post#89 » by WhateverBro » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:17 pm

MVP Rose wrote:And you guys wouldn't have won if Rose played, Deng doesn't get injured, if KG gets called for 1/4 of his illegal screens, or if the Bulls weren't put into the penalty halfway through every quarter..so...where are you going with this?

Quotes like this is the reason I facepalm while browsing RealGM at times. Do you honestly beileve that Garnett, an 18 year veteran in the league, doesn't know how to adjust his game? Whenever he gets called for moving screens early in a game, he makes sure not to make those screens again. His basketball IQ is extremely high and you're fooling yourself if you don't believe that KG would adjust his game. It's like when people gets called for ticky-tack fouls in the start of games, they don't keep hacking the same way and foul out in a couple of minutes when you get back in. You adjust your game based on what the refs allows you to do.
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,458

Post#90 » by Blame Rasho » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:28 pm

WhateverBro wrote:
MVP Rose wrote:And you guys wouldn't have won if Rose played, Deng doesn't get injured, if KG gets called for 1/4 of his illegal screens, or if the Bulls weren't put into the penalty halfway through every quarter..so...where are you going with this?

Quotes like this is the reason I facepalm while browsing RealGM at times. Do you honestly beileve that Garnett, an 18 year veteran in the league, doesn't know how to adjust his game? Whenever he gets called for moving screens early in a game, he makes sure not to make those screens again. His basketball IQ is extremely high and you're fooling yourself if you don't believe that KG would adjust his game. It's like when people gets called for ticky-tack fouls in the start of games, they don't keep hacking the same way and foul out in a couple of minutes when you get back in. You adjust your game based on what the refs allows you to do.

I understand you like KG alot, but honestly... you think refs are going to be calling moving screens late in games? You could probably count the times it has happened over the past ten years, that a call like that has been made. Honestly... it happens in every game, but never gets called. It isn't just regulated to KG, but he is one of the most notable players who does it with regularity. There are alot of subjective calls in non shooting situations that aren't made at the end of the game unless you basically draw blood. It isn't like KG is going to all of a sudden be like... jeez... I don't want to make a moving screen cuz I might get a foul. He doesn't give a flying ****... it is a call that isn't going to be made.
druggas
Head Coach
And1: 5,128

Post#91 » by druggas » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:38 pm

Anthony Peeler says KG is soft as hell!
tfmiii
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,990

Post#92 » by tfmiii » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:48 pm

richboy wrote:What sad about KG is when his career is done he won't be beloved like a Tim Duncan.

Tim Duncan is beloved??

richboy wrote:When he was in Minnesota people adored KG. He goes to Boston and becomes the biggest prick in the league.

that's what winning will do for others' perceptions of you
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#93 » by spearsy23 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:58 pm

That's what being a pr*ck and in a big market will do.

And yeah, every basketball fan loves Duncan.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#94 » by Paradise » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:02 pm

Noah confirmed what I've seen and what I have been saying all along. KG acts like a douchebag when the team is losing.

I don't see why it's so necessary to defend his every single move. Stuff like that is what makes KG and Rondo annoying to people besides their antics on the court.

Garnett is one of those guys that can get away with it because it's the NBA and they aren't able to truly fight. Don't respect that and never will.
r3demption
Sixth Man
And1: 651

Post#95 » by r3demption » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:04 pm

Kettle calling the pot black?
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#96 » by spearsy23 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:27 pm

r3demption wrote:Kettle calling the pot black?

I've never seen Noah make outright dirty plays, he seems like an annoyance purely do to his personality and aggressiveness.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
alucryts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,169

Post#97 » by alucryts » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:31 pm

Oh I hope the Bulls and Celtics play in the playoffs. That is going to be a fun series to watch.
Ziggy Stardust
Banned User
And1: 96

Post#98 » by Ziggy Stardust » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:30 pm

ermocrate wrote:
hayden wrote:
pross wrote:
What? No ones mad. Just the double standards on this board are hilarious. I have nothing against what Noah said. All I'm saying is, if it was the other way around, there would be a 10 page hate filled thread about KG.

Take off your homer glasses, bro. Last time I checked, Noah wasn't a huge douchebag like KG... so it's kind of hard for it to be a double standard.

It's like if Hitler and Woody Allen told the same joke about Jews... who do you think would get criticized more?

Wow, you are really a smart guy, Hitler fits in just fine in a BBall talk... Take off you smart glasses, maybe normal people is just not ready for all this knowledge... :lol:

Yeah, i'm also sure people would really be really up in arms over Hitler telling a Jew joke too. :lol:

Proof of Hitlers anti-Semitism: Leading a regime that rounded up and murdered six million Jews, and telling an insensitive joke about jews while at a german dinner party in 1937.
StojkoVrankovic
RealGM
And1: 9,600

Post#99 » by StojkoVrankovic » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:36 pm

Paradise wrote:Noah confirmed what I've seen and what I have been saying all along. KG acts like a douchebag when the team is losing.

I don't see why it's so necessary to defend his every single move. Stuff like that is what makes KG and Rondo annoying to people besides their antics on the court.

Garnett is one of those guys that can get away with it because it's the NBA and they aren't able to truly fight. Don't respect that and never will.

I coud only imagine what your Rondo posts would look like is he got 2 coaches fired
RIP texas celtic, 12/10/14 - 12/10/14
WhateverBro
Head Coach

Post#100 » by WhateverBro » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:44 pm

Blame Rasho wrote:
I understand you like KG alot, but honestly... you think refs are going to be calling moving screens late in games? You could probably count the times it has happened over the past ten years, that a call like that has been made. Honestly... it happens in every game, but never gets called. It isn't just regulated to KG, but he is one of the most notable players who does it with regularity. There are alot of subjective calls in non shooting situations that aren't made at the end of the game unless you basically draw blood. It isn't like KG is going to all of a sudden be like... jeez... I don't want to make a moving screen cuz I might get a foul. He doesn't give a flying ****... it is a call that isn't going to be made.

It has nothing to do with KG being my favorite player or not and I dont even disagree with what you say. But there are plenty of games in which KG starts the game with being called for one or two moving screens and guess what, he stops doing them. He's not an idiot and knows how to adjust his game.

Return to The General Board