yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

Noah speaks on Garnett

Moderators: Morten Jensen, Blame Rasho, tsherkin, Doctor MJ, Flash3, UGA Hayes, Basti, KingCuban, NO-KG-AI, Yuri Vaultin, magnumt

Post#31 Re: Noah speaks on Garnett
Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:56 am by Jeff23

Joakim Noah is the biggest hypocrite in the league.
Jeff23
Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 4,919
And1: 172
Joined: Apr 13, 2010
Top

Post#32 Re: Noah speaks on Garnett
Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:11 am by Tetlak

Noah just outworks you. He annoys you with his game. He doesnt cheapshot, he doesnt start stuff, but he never backs down. Sounds like polar freakin opposite to me. Noah speaks his mind. Is that why hes a "hypocrite"? Im struggling to understand some of the posts in this thread. Please, somebody explain to me how Noah is a hypocrite.
Tetlak
Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 2,660
And1: 596
Joined: Aug 16, 2010
Top

Post#33 Re: Noah speaks on Garnett
Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:19 am by Jeff23

He doesnt start stuff? How about Noah starting that stuff with LeBron because LeBron was dancing near his own bench, and then 2 years later noah doing his own dancing and that gun-stuff he does with his fingers after every shot he makes?
Jeff23
Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 4,919
And1: 172
Joined: Apr 13, 2010
Top

Post#34 Re: Noah speaks on Garnett
Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:19 am by GSP

I hate Noah so much. He mad Kg is AS starter and hes not.
GSP



Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 4,695
And1: 651
Joined: Dec 12, 2011
Top

Post#35 Re: Noah speaks on Garnett
Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:21 am by PP 4 Three

When have the Bulls been "beating our asses"? We split the regular season series last year and didn't meet in the Playoffs since we beat 'em without KG in 2009. This year the Celtics already have a win over them in Chicago and every game has been relatively close.
PP 4 Three
Banned User
Posts: 3,926
And1: 153
Joined: Aug 29, 2009
Top

Post#36 Re: Noah speaks on Garnett
Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:22 am by Quinarvy

It's worth noting Noah retired the gun show after Sandy Hook.
D-ROSE. BIGGER. STRONGER. FASTER THAN YOU CHRIS PAUL.


- Stacey King
Quinarvy
Bench Warmer
User avatar
Posts: 1,412
And1: 114
Joined: Oct 16, 2010
Top

Post#37 Re: Noah speaks on Garnett
Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:14 am by hayden

pross wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:Are Boston fans really mad he described kg like this? Isn't that why you guys like him? Everybody already knows he's dirty...


What? No ones mad. Just the double standards on this board are hilarious. I have nothing against what Noah said. All I'm saying is, if it was the other way around, there would be a 10 page hate filled thread about KG.


Take off your homer glasses, bro. Last time I checked, Noah wasn't a huge douchebag like KG... so it's kind of hard for it to be a double standard.

It's like if Hitler and Woody Allen told the same joke about Jews... who do you think would get criticized more?
LarsV8 wrote:[Jeremy Lin] just isn't very good.
hayden
Starter
User avatar
Posts: 2,458
And1: 391
Joined: Sep 28, 2006
Top

Post#38 Re: Noah speaks on Garnett
Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:22 am by Deathclutch23

PP 4 Three wrote:When have the Bulls been "beating our asses"? We split the regular season series last year and didn't meet in the Playoffs since we beat 'em without KG in 2009. This year the Celtics already have a win over them in Chicago and every game has been relatively close.


Noah must be playing lot of 2k lately.
"We are not here to talk about history, we are here to keep making it"
Deathclutch23



Rookie
User avatar
Posts: 1,021
And1: 37
Joined: May 10, 2012
Top

Post#39 Re: Noah speaks on Garnett
Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:36 am by Morten Jensen

GSP wrote:I hate Noah so much. He mad Kg is AS starter and hes not.


Trust me when I tell you this:

He doesn't give a s***.
Morten Jensen
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 36,168
And1: 1,965
Joined: Aug 31, 2003
Top

Post#40 Re: Noah speaks on Garnett
Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:40 am by richboy

What sad about KG is when his career is done he won't be beloved like a Tim Duncan. When he was in Minnesota people adored KG. He goes to Boston and becomes the biggest prick in the league.

I don't buy into this well Boston fans love it and everyone else hates it because he isn't playing for them. KG is not tough. He plays soft. He backs away from physical play. His entire act doesn't work with most of the league. Nobody plays Boston and is intimidated by them. Especially since Perkins left. I would want KG because who wouldn't want a great defensive PF who is money from 20 feet and can still do work in the post. But honestly the rest of the stuff seems meaningless and irrelevant.
"Talent is God-given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." John Wooden
richboy
RealGM
Posts: 23,653
And1: 686
Joined: Sep 1, 2003
Top

Post#41 Re: Noah speaks on Garnett
Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:49 am by Jeff23

richboy wrote:What sad about KG is when his career is done he won't be beloved like a Tim Duncan. When he was in Minnesota people adored KG. He goes to Boston and becomes the biggest prick in the league.

I don't buy into this well Boston fans love it and everyone else hates it because he isn't playing for them. KG is not tough. He plays soft. He backs away from physical play. His entire act doesn't work with most of the league. Nobody plays Boston and is intimidated by them. Especially since Perkins left. I would want KG because who wouldn't want a great defensive PF who is money from 20 feet and can still do work in the post. But honestly the rest of the stuff seems meaningless and irrelevant.



KG has always been like this. Even in minny. Also you say that he plays soft and then go on and call him a great defensive PF who can still do work in the post.. i have yet to see a great defensive PF who's soft. Everything KG does is physical and tough dude.
Jeff23
Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 4,919
And1: 172
Joined: Apr 13, 2010
Top

Post#42 Re: Noah speaks on Garnett
Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:35 am by Kupchak9

Image

Mars_Blackmon wrote:Lakers could destroy the Heat
Kupchak9
Analyst
Posts: 3,181
And1: 619
Joined: Jan 21, 2012
Top

Post#43 Re: Noah speaks on Garnett
Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:38 am by richboy

Jeff23 wrote:
richboy wrote:What sad about KG is when his career is done he won't be beloved like a Tim Duncan. When he was in Minnesota people adored KG. He goes to Boston and becomes the biggest prick in the league.

I don't buy into this well Boston fans love it and everyone else hates it because he isn't playing for them. KG is not tough. He plays soft. He backs away from physical play. His entire act doesn't work with most of the league. Nobody plays Boston and is intimidated by them. Especially since Perkins left. I would want KG because who wouldn't want a great defensive PF who is money from 20 feet and can still do work in the post. But honestly the rest of the stuff seems meaningless and irrelevant.



KG has always been like this. Even in minny. Also you say that he plays soft and then go on and call him a great defensive PF who can still do work in the post.. i have yet to see a great defensive PF who's soft. Everything KG does is physical and tough dude.


Well go watch KG. In physical games he backs down. You watch game 7 of the Lakers vs Celtics final games few years ago he backed away from physical contact. He does not like physical games. JVG has often said KG doesn't even like to guard physical players. I've said this for years about KG. He didn't want to ever play center. But in reality it took him years to even embrace playing PF. KG wanted to be a SF. He wanted to be like Scottie Pippen. In reality I've always saw him as a Scottie Pippen like big man. That doesn't mean you can't be great defensively because there are many aspects of the game. KG greatness is in his movement and anticipation on defense. HIs versatility That why he is a great individual defender against guys like Chris Bosh or Kevin Love. It isn't in his physicality. Which is the same reason why he avoids guarding guys like Dwight When you attack KG with physical play he always attacks back with cheap shots.

You think KG is physical. LOL. Perhaps if your comparing him to Pau Gasol. If your comparing him to a Dwight or a Reggie Evans. Any number of the real physical players this league has seen. KG is a position defender who wants to spot up for jumpers all game. Watch the game against the Bulls. Watch Boozer just push KG around including on the game winning shot where if it had missed KG had been knocked right out of position. KG knows he can't beat you with strength so he uses cheap shots to give an illusion of toughness. But at the end of the night Boston is often killed by big physical teams for a reason. Since Kendrick Perkins has left they aren't tough. Even Doc Rivers has called them soft.
"Talent is God-given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." John Wooden
richboy
RealGM
Posts: 23,653
And1: 686
Joined: Sep 1, 2003
Top

Post#44 Re: Noah speaks on Garnett
Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:53 am by richboy

Kupchak9 wrote:


This is exactly the type of plays I'm talking about. That not tough physical play that just garbage plays trying to intimidate someone. Actually it was a frustration play because Dwight was being so physical on the other end if I remember. Doc Rivers who was complaining that Dwight was being too physical. Have you heard anybody ever complain that Garnett of being too physical. As he launches 20 foot jumpers or fade aways in the post. This is what KG does to try to get a tough reputation. He isn't the guy that going to knock 3 guys down as he grabs an offensive rebound. He is the guy that going to cheap shot you if you get too physical with him.
"Talent is God-given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." John Wooden
richboy
RealGM
Posts: 23,653
And1: 686
Joined: Sep 1, 2003
Top

Post#45 Re: Noah speaks on Garnett
Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:05 am by orange_juice32

pross wrote:
KingCuban wrote:If anyone gets annoyed at these comments, i will get annoyed.

He is telling it like it is, and its made KG great over the years.

Just like Noah, KG is a guy that opposing teams and fans loathe, but the ball club he plays for and its fan adore.

No need for Boston fans to get mad here.


No Boston fan has got mad here. You're insuating stuff about Boston fans that just isn't true.


You whining about double standards make you seem pretty mad though.
orange_juice32
Rookie
User avatar
Posts: 1,133
And1: 184
Joined: Aug 4, 2010
Top

Post#46 Re: Noah speaks on Garnett
Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:28 am by Scorpion King

NBA would be better when Garnett retires. Clowns like him make NBA looks like street ball with all this trash talk, cheap shots, elbows and barking like a b at opponents.
Scorpion King
Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 5,263
And1: 56
Joined: Dec 20, 2008
Top

Post#47 Re: Noah speaks on Garnett
Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:31 am by WhateverBro

richboy wrote:
Jeff23 wrote:
richboy wrote:What sad about KG is when his career is done he won't be beloved like a Tim Duncan. When he was in Minnesota people adored KG. He goes to Boston and becomes the biggest prick in the league.

I don't buy into this well Boston fans love it and everyone else hates it because he isn't playing for them. KG is not tough. He plays soft. He backs away from physical play. His entire act doesn't work with most of the league. Nobody plays Boston and is intimidated by them. Especially since Perkins left. I would want KG because who wouldn't want a great defensive PF who is money from 20 feet and can still do work in the post. But honestly the rest of the stuff seems meaningless and irrelevant.



KG has always been like this. Even in minny. Also you say that he plays soft and then go on and call him a great defensive PF who can still do work in the post.. i have yet to see a great defensive PF who's soft. Everything KG does is physical and tough dude.


Well go watch KG. In physical games he backs down. You watch game 7 of the Lakers vs Celtics final games few years ago he backed away from physical contact. He does not like physical games. JVG has often said KG doesn't even like to guard physical players. I've said this for years about KG. He didn't want to ever play center. But in reality it took him years to even embrace playing PF. KG wanted to be a SF. He wanted to be like Scottie Pippen. In reality I've always saw him as a Scottie Pippen like big man. That doesn't mean you can't be great defensively because there are many aspects of the game. KG greatness is in his movement and anticipation on defense. HIs versatility That why he is a great individual defender against guys like Chris Bosh or Kevin Love. It isn't in his physicality. Which is the same reason why he avoids guarding guys like Dwight When you attack KG with physical play he always attacks back with cheap shots.

You think KG is physical. LOL. Perhaps if your comparing him to Pau Gasol. If your comparing him to a Dwight or a Reggie Evans. Any number of the real physical players this league has seen. KG is a position defender who wants to spot up for jumpers all game. Watch the game against the Bulls. Watch Boozer just push KG around including on the game winning shot where if it had missed KG had been knocked right out of position. KG knows he can't beat you with strength so he uses cheap shots to give an illusion of toughness. But at the end of the night Boston is often killed by big physical teams for a reason. Since Kendrick Perkins has left they aren't tough. Even Doc Rivers has called them soft.


That's just a flat out lie. Garnett has no problem with physical games; I've watched most of the games he's played over these last 10 years and what you're saying is flat out wrong. The reason he wasn't being physical in the game 7 against Lakers in 2010 was because he was playing injured. It was a known fact, it was the year he came back from his knee injury and he was playing hurt all year. He couldn't move or jump properly that whole year and he was dragging that leg badly during the playoffs. There's a reason his rebounding was the worst since his rookie season all while he improved rebounding the next season.

And your last paragraph is just another example of cherry picking moments in games to prove he's not physical. Obviously he's not young anymore so he can't be as physical as most players he's facing. But to claim that he doesn't like a physical game or that he has problems being physical on the court isn't true.

And the reason he didn't want to play center was because his game was more suited to be a SF / PF hybrid. Which it was when he came into the league. He was tall like a center, but his body and skill-set was built as a forward. Playing him at center would've been stupid at that point for Minnesota because he was too skinny and too skilled not to play the forward position, this is the reason he didn't want to be listed as a 7 footer. Not because he didn't want to be physical.
WhateverBro


Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 5,944
And1: 604
Joined: Jan 17, 2005
Location: Sweden
Top

Post#48 Re: Noah speaks on Garnett
Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:37 am by ermocrate

patagonia wrote:http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/ct-spt-0119-bulls-celtics-chicago--20130119,0,7226994.story

"He's a helluva competitor," Noah said. "He's always on some bull(crap), just trying to throw elbows, cheap shots, trying to get you off your game. He has been doing this a long time. But it's all right.

"When we lose, I feel like he crosses the line. But since we've been beating their asses I'm cool with it."


Even if you hate Noah, you gotta love him.

Pretty honest to admit that the complaint about KG are only whines of loosers.
"Negativity in this town sucks"
ermocrate


Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 6,581
And1: 203
Joined: Apr 18, 2001
Location: Angie's Side
Top

Post#49 Re: Noah speaks on Garnett
Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:09 am by Rerisen

Almost every game the Celtics are losing there will come a point, usually in the 4th quarter, when KG will lead his little charge of trying to intimidate the opponent. It usually fails. What made KG effective in the past, was not so much his dirty tricks, but that I think he hyped up his own intensity level with the interaction he himself started, and a motivated KG was a big force at the top of his talent. But now that he's older and more inconsistent you can appreciate more that this is just "KG being KG", which is kind of the sentiment I think Noah is getting at.
Rerisen
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
User avatar
Posts: 76,522
And1: 7,376
Joined: Nov 23, 2003
Top

Post#50 Re: Noah speaks on Garnett
Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:17 am by ermocrate

Rerisen wrote:Almost every game the Celtics are losing there will come a point, usually in the 4th quarter, when KG will lead his little charge of trying to intimidate the opponent. It usually fails. What made KG effective in the past, was not so much his dirty tricks, but that I think he hyped up his own intensity level with the interaction he himself started, and a motivated KG was a big force at the top of his talent. But now that he's older and more inconsistent you can appreciate more that this is just "KG being KG", which is kind of the sentiment I think Noah is getting at.

Until he gets beaten, as he honestly said... :wink:
"Negativity in this town sucks"
ermocrate


Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 6,581
And1: 203
Joined: Apr 18, 2001
Location: Angie's Side
Top

PreviousNext

Return to The General Board


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: -TheDocOfDenial, 9th Wonder, Aaron Brooks, ADoaN17, Albo19, Alfred, Asif16, AttackTheRack, Avalanche, Aventador, B-Scott, BayAreaFan, Bing [Bot], Bourne85, BruceO, bucknut, canibaljay, cdubbz, Ch00bi3, ChildOfKemp, Chriscross, Cloud777, ColdBlooded, CoreyGallagher, Dee1sking, Dilly, DirtyDez, DLaren, dlts20, DoubleLintendre, DynastySS, E-Balla, Eleqtrique, Fabio19, Fadeaway_Jumper, ferk, Free Rider, Froob, Gang of Four, Google [Bot], GooniesNeverDie, Greatness, GreenBloodedC, greg4012, Gus Fring, GzyGee, Han Solo, Heat3, HeatWillRise, Hendrix, hongdayuan, InWestWeTrust, jbk1234, Jinzo, joediamond, John Black, KD35Brah, KDfan35, knicks85, Knicks_Fan2, Kwakle, laploutocratie, lmaonade, Lurk Nowitzki, malliar89, MavsManiac4Life, Messi is King, MetalFingaz, mhsiao, Mk0, MKL, Mr. Perfect, msanchez2725, NBADraft2003, ninjamilk23, nomansland, Notanoob, nyk97, nytonm, Oak For Three, Orange Mamba, Orange21, Proman, raptorstime, Rasheeed!!!, rizkid92, Rock Hardy, RonySeikalyFTW, Ruckusmh, runlikehell, Sark, Senior, shmito17, Sign5, Sinant, SlowPaced, sobaka, Speedlot, stayeduptolate, studcrackers, TheGameChanger, TooManyClocks, TOStateofMind, UDRIH14, UnbelievablyRAW, Usual Suspects, vanhowell, VideoGameJames, Walid, WinCity, Winseb, XtotheDeezy, XtremeNite, YogurtProducer, Zane