yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

Noah speaks on Garnett

Moderators: Morten Jensen, Blame Rasho, tsherkin, Doctor MJ, Flash3, UGA Hayes, Basti, KingCuban, NO-KG-AI, Yuri Vaultin, magnumt

Post#46 Re: Noah speaks on Garnett
Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:28 am by Scorpion King

NBA would be better when Garnett retires. Clowns like him make NBA looks like street ball with all this trash talk, cheap shots, elbows and barking like a b at opponents.
Scorpion King
Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 5,260
And1: 53
Joined: Dec 20, 2008
Top

Post#47 Re: Noah speaks on Garnett
Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:31 am by WhateverBro

richboy wrote:
Jeff23 wrote:
richboy wrote:What sad about KG is when his career is done he won't be beloved like a Tim Duncan. When he was in Minnesota people adored KG. He goes to Boston and becomes the biggest prick in the league.

I don't buy into this well Boston fans love it and everyone else hates it because he isn't playing for them. KG is not tough. He plays soft. He backs away from physical play. His entire act doesn't work with most of the league. Nobody plays Boston and is intimidated by them. Especially since Perkins left. I would want KG because who wouldn't want a great defensive PF who is money from 20 feet and can still do work in the post. But honestly the rest of the stuff seems meaningless and irrelevant.



KG has always been like this. Even in minny. Also you say that he plays soft and then go on and call him a great defensive PF who can still do work in the post.. i have yet to see a great defensive PF who's soft. Everything KG does is physical and tough dude.


Well go watch KG. In physical games he backs down. You watch game 7 of the Lakers vs Celtics final games few years ago he backed away from physical contact. He does not like physical games. JVG has often said KG doesn't even like to guard physical players. I've said this for years about KG. He didn't want to ever play center. But in reality it took him years to even embrace playing PF. KG wanted to be a SF. He wanted to be like Scottie Pippen. In reality I've always saw him as a Scottie Pippen like big man. That doesn't mean you can't be great defensively because there are many aspects of the game. KG greatness is in his movement and anticipation on defense. HIs versatility That why he is a great individual defender against guys like Chris Bosh or Kevin Love. It isn't in his physicality. Which is the same reason why he avoids guarding guys like Dwight When you attack KG with physical play he always attacks back with cheap shots.

You think KG is physical. LOL. Perhaps if your comparing him to Pau Gasol. If your comparing him to a Dwight or a Reggie Evans. Any number of the real physical players this league has seen. KG is a position defender who wants to spot up for jumpers all game. Watch the game against the Bulls. Watch Boozer just push KG around including on the game winning shot where if it had missed KG had been knocked right out of position. KG knows he can't beat you with strength so he uses cheap shots to give an illusion of toughness. But at the end of the night Boston is often killed by big physical teams for a reason. Since Kendrick Perkins has left they aren't tough. Even Doc Rivers has called them soft.


That's just a flat out lie. Garnett has no problem with physical games; I've watched most of the games he's played over these last 10 years and what you're saying is flat out wrong. The reason he wasn't being physical in the game 7 against Lakers in 2010 was because he was playing injured. It was a known fact, it was the year he came back from his knee injury and he was playing hurt all year. He couldn't move or jump properly that whole year and he was dragging that leg badly during the playoffs. There's a reason his rebounding was the worst since his rookie season all while he improved rebounding the next season.

And your last paragraph is just another example of cherry picking moments in games to prove he's not physical. Obviously he's not young anymore so he can't be as physical as most players he's facing. But to claim that he doesn't like a physical game or that he has problems being physical on the court isn't true.

And the reason he didn't want to play center was because his game was more suited to be a SF / PF hybrid. Which it was when he came into the league. He was tall like a center, but his body and skill-set was built as a forward. Playing him at center would've been stupid at that point for Minnesota because he was too skinny and too skilled not to play the forward position, this is the reason he didn't want to be listed as a 7 footer. Not because he didn't want to be physical.
WhateverBro


Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 5,933
And1: 599
Joined: Jan 17, 2005
Location: Sweden
Top

Post#48 Re: Noah speaks on Garnett
Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:37 am by ermocrate

patagonia wrote:http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/ct-spt-0119-bulls-celtics-chicago--20130119,0,7226994.story

"He's a helluva competitor," Noah said. "He's always on some bull(crap), just trying to throw elbows, cheap shots, trying to get you off your game. He has been doing this a long time. But it's all right.

"When we lose, I feel like he crosses the line. But since we've been beating their asses I'm cool with it."


Even if you hate Noah, you gotta love him.

Pretty honest to admit that the complaint about KG are only whines of loosers.
"Negativity in this town sucks"
ermocrate


Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 6,581
And1: 203
Joined: Apr 18, 2001
Location: Angie's Side
Top

Post#49 Re: Noah speaks on Garnett
Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:09 am by Rerisen

Almost every game the Celtics are losing there will come a point, usually in the 4th quarter, when KG will lead his little charge of trying to intimidate the opponent. It usually fails. What made KG effective in the past, was not so much his dirty tricks, but that I think he hyped up his own intensity level with the interaction he himself started, and a motivated KG was a big force at the top of his talent. But now that he's older and more inconsistent you can appreciate more that this is just "KG being KG", which is kind of the sentiment I think Noah is getting at.
Rerisen
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
User avatar
Posts: 76,287
And1: 7,225
Joined: Nov 23, 2003
Top

Post#50 Re: Noah speaks on Garnett
Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:17 am by ermocrate

Rerisen wrote:Almost every game the Celtics are losing there will come a point, usually in the 4th quarter, when KG will lead his little charge of trying to intimidate the opponent. It usually fails. What made KG effective in the past, was not so much his dirty tricks, but that I think he hyped up his own intensity level with the interaction he himself started, and a motivated KG was a big force at the top of his talent. But now that he's older and more inconsistent you can appreciate more that this is just "KG being KG", which is kind of the sentiment I think Noah is getting at.

Until he gets beaten, as he honestly said... :wink:
"Negativity in this town sucks"
ermocrate


Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 6,581
And1: 203
Joined: Apr 18, 2001
Location: Angie's Side
Top

Post#51 Re: Noah speaks on Garnett
Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:30 am by Durant 35

Thats brillant.
Durant 35
Junior
User avatar
Posts: 473
And1: 1
Joined: May 16, 2012
Top

Post#52 Re: Noah speaks on Garnett
Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:36 am by Froob

Screw Noah, "Beating their asses" lol yall shouldn't have even won if Noah gets called for an obvious hack. Whatever.
"Jordan Crawford kind of scares me. Like that kid in highschool who you let copy your homework once and then he wants to sit next to you everytime theres a test. Im not sure how that translates to the basketball court but dont let him get goin."
Froob




General Manager
User avatar
Posts: 8,703
And1: 2,332
Joined: Nov 3, 2010
Location: The Original Portland
Top

Post#53 Re: Noah speaks on Garnett
Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:38 am by Don Draper

You can tell Noah is a sensitive guy. Mad b/c Lebron danced. Mad b/c KG was mean to him. The irony is Noah is as unlikeable as KG.
Don Draper
General Manager
Posts: 8,534
And1: 328
Joined: Mar 9, 2008
Location: Toxic Toyota Center
Top

Post#54 Re: Noah speaks on Garnett
Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:53 am by pross

KingCuban wrote:
pross wrote:
No Boston fan has got mad here. You're insuating stuff about Boston fans that just isn't true.


Not saying anyone was mad, just putting out a precursor.


Well I'd consider that trolling a fan base since no one was mad at that, but you bringing up the point is only going to get Boston fans talking. Didn't you try suspend me for that? Hypocrisy at it's best sir.
Image
pross
Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 2,754
And1: 171
Joined: Apr 29, 2009
Top

Post#55 Re: Noah speaks on Garnett
Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:57 am by coldfish

Its amazing to watch Garnett nowadays. He is just this little ball of hate. Elbows, smack talk, moving screens. He is obviously just trying to win and will do anything to get there but man that has to be annoyoing to play against. That's basically what Noah is saying.

Froob wrote:Screw Noah, "Beating their asses" lol yall shouldn't have even won if Noah gets called for an obvious hack. Whatever.


LOL, if Garnett gets called for every elbow he threw then the Bulls win. Hell, he hit Boozer with an elbow in the 4th and Boozer got called for the return swipe.

Oh, and the Bulls had a healthy lead before Deng went out and have this Derrick Rose guy coming back in a few weeks. Chicago just beat you in your house with both hands tied behind its back. Don't talk smack.

Its just one game that doesn't matter much. Time to move on.
My rules of thumb:
1. Coaching matters.
2. Star players matter more.
3. Rookies are rarely any good at first and often not later
4. Thibodeau will play young guys and he will play bad defenders. He tries not to play people who suck.
coldfish



Retired Mod
Retired Mod
User avatar
Posts: 38,509
And1: 4,107
Joined: Jun 11, 2004
Location: Right in the middle
Top

Post#56 Re: Noah speaks on Garnett
Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:00 am by mandurugo

KingCuban wrote:
pross wrote:
No Boston fan has got mad here. You're insuating stuff about Boston fans that just isn't true.


Not saying anyone was mad, just putting out a precursor.


A very annoying thing to do.
mandurugo
Sixth Man
User avatar
Posts: 1,792
And1: 126
Joined: Aug 13, 2002
Top

Post#57 Re: Noah speaks on Garnett
Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:13 am by Morten Jensen

coldfish wrote:Its amazing to watch Garnett nowadays. He is just this little ball of hate. Elbows, smack talk, moving screens. He is obviously just trying to win and will do anything to get there but man that has to be annoyoing to play against. That's basically what Noah is saying.

Froob wrote:Screw Noah, "Beating their asses" lol yall shouldn't have even won if Noah gets called for an obvious hack. Whatever.


LOL, if Garnett gets called for every elbow he threw then the Bulls win. Hell, he hit Boozer with an elbow in the 4th and Boozer got called for the return swipe.

Oh, and the Bulls had a healthy lead before Deng went out and have this Derrick Rose guy coming back in a few weeks. Chicago just beat you in your house with both hands tied behind its back. Don't talk smack.

Its just one game that doesn't matter much. Time to move on.


Don't forget the now patented moving screen from him as well. If he got called for all of them, he would foul out by the middle of the first quarter. It's unreal.
Morten Jensen
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 36,163
And1: 1,963
Joined: Aug 31, 2003
Top

Post#58 Re: Noah speaks on Garnett
Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:21 am by Froob

Honestly tho, as much as I hate Noah he'd be perfect starting next to KG. I don't think the bulls have any plans to gift wrap him to the C's tho lol.
"Jordan Crawford kind of scares me. Like that kid in highschool who you let copy your homework once and then he wants to sit next to you everytime theres a test. Im not sure how that translates to the basketball court but dont let him get goin."
Froob




General Manager
User avatar
Posts: 8,703
And1: 2,332
Joined: Nov 3, 2010
Location: The Original Portland
Top

Post#59 Re: Noah speaks on Garnett
Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:23 am by branny

Kupchak9 wrote:


Tsk tsk tsk :wavefinger:
NaturalThunder wrote:OKC killing Serge's MVP candidacy...2-0 without Ibaka on the season.
branny
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,810
And1: 27
Joined: Jun 1, 2012
Top

Post#60 Re: Noah speaks on Garnett
Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:25 am by Debaser

So Noah complains and bitches about KG's antics when they lose, but since the Bulls have been beating the Celtics asses he's cool with it. I guess he's not cool with it then.
Debaser
Starter
Posts: 2,249
And1: 162
Joined: May 24, 2006
Top

Post#61 Re: Noah speaks on Garnett
Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:27 am by Senor Chang

richboy wrote:
Jeff23 wrote:
richboy wrote:What sad about KG is when his career is done he won't be beloved like a Tim Duncan. When he was in Minnesota people adored KG. He goes to Boston and becomes the biggest prick in the league.

I don't buy into this well Boston fans love it and everyone else hates it because he isn't playing for them. KG is not tough. He plays soft. He backs away from physical play. His entire act doesn't work with most of the league. Nobody plays Boston and is intimidated by them. Especially since Perkins left. I would want KG because who wouldn't want a great defensive PF who is money from 20 feet and can still do work in the post. But honestly the rest of the stuff seems meaningless and irrelevant.



KG has always been like this. Even in minny. Also you say that he plays soft and then go on and call him a great defensive PF who can still do work in the post.. i have yet to see a great defensive PF who's soft. Everything KG does is physical and tough dude.


Well go watch KG. In physical games he backs down. You watch game 7 of the Lakers vs Celtics final games few years ago he backed away from physical contact. He does not like physical games. JVG has often said KG doesn't even like to guard physical players. I've said this for years about KG. He didn't want to ever play center. But in reality it took him years to even embrace playing PF. KG wanted to be a SF. He wanted to be like Scottie Pippen. In reality I've always saw him as a Scottie Pippen like big man. That doesn't mean you can't be great defensively because there are many aspects of the game. KG greatness is in his movement and anticipation on defense. HIs versatility That why he is a great individual defender against guys like Chris Bosh or Kevin Love. It isn't in his physicality. Which is the same reason why he avoids guarding guys like Dwight When you attack KG with physical play he always attacks back with cheap shots.

You think KG is physical. LOL. Perhaps if your comparing him to Pau Gasol. If your comparing him to a Dwight or a Reggie Evans. Any number of the real physical players this league has seen. KG is a position defender who wants to spot up for jumpers all game. Watch the game against the Bulls. Watch Boozer just push KG around including on the game winning shot where if it had missed KG had been knocked right out of position. KG knows he can't beat you with strength so he uses cheap shots to give an illusion of toughness. But at the end of the night Boston is often killed by big physical teams for a reason. Since Kendrick Perkins has left they aren't tough. Even Doc Rivers has called them soft.


Image
Image
Senor Chang
Global Mod
Global Mod
User avatar
Posts: 24,070
And1: 164
Joined: Jan 25, 2002
Location: Why do you teach Spanish?
Top

Post#62 Re: Noah speaks on Garnett
Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:28 am by Senor Chang

Debaser wrote:So Noah complains and bitches about KG's antics when they lose, but since the Bulls have been beating the Celtics asses he's cool with it. I guess he's not cool with it then.


He was trolling them. I think it is fair. Just as KG rubs it in when they win, Noah is going to rub it in when the bulls win.
Image
Senor Chang
Global Mod
Global Mod
User avatar
Posts: 24,070
And1: 164
Joined: Jan 25, 2002
Location: Why do you teach Spanish?
Top

Post#63 Re: Noah speaks on Garnett
Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:33 am by JasonFTW

Noah's a good guy, he can probably be annoying to others but he's a good person who speaks his mind a lot.
JasonFTW
General Manager
Posts: 8,780
And1: 209
Joined: Oct 30, 2010
Top

Post#64 Re: Noah speaks on Garnett
Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:34 am by JasonFTW

Durant 35 wrote:Thats brillant.
JasonFTW
General Manager
Posts: 8,780
And1: 209
Joined: Oct 30, 2010
Top

Post#65 Re: Noah speaks on Garnett
Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:39 am by JasonFTW

Froob wrote:Honestly tho, as much as I hate Noah he'd be perfect starting next to KG. I don't think the bulls have any plans to gift wrap him to the C's tho lol.

Nope lol.
JasonFTW
General Manager
Posts: 8,780
And1: 209
Joined: Oct 30, 2010
Top

PreviousNext

Return to The General Board


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ATTL, blind prophet, Bluewhale, Cabs, cw3k, DaeQuan, deaninja, doogled, DoubleLintendre, dyukcs, Em1, hands11, Hoopstar23, jym85, MagicStarwipe, Mattya, MilotheSlayer, mjba, MKE, Mr Loggins, NBAfan3024, Nonstop, Pb, Ripp, socal74, The_Didact_117, thejigglyroom, Westbreezy, youngthegiant