Bosh Averaging 6 Rebounds In His Last 25 Games

richboy
RealGM
Posts: 23,756
And1: 757
Joined: Sep 01, 2003

Re: Bosh Averaging 6 Rebounds In His Last 25 Games 

Post#16 » by richboy » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:05 am

Yeah its embarrassing. Lebron should not have to lead the Heat in rebounds. Remember Bosh actually rebounds the offensive glass pretty decently. Meaning he must be getting less than 1 defensive rebound a quarter. Which is bad but Amare would love those numbers.

Amare Stoudemire is averaging 3 rebounds a game in 20 minutes since his return. 1 of those rebounds is on the offensive glass. Meaning he is getting 2 defensive rebounds every 20 minutes. But it is even worse than that. He has a total of 25 rebounds since he has returned. 8 of those rebounds came in 1 game. He has had 4 games of 1 defensive rebound. Two more games of two. Take away the 8 rebound game and Steve Novak a better defensive rebounder.
"Talent is God-given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." John Wooden
User avatar
Ito
General Manager
Posts: 7,862
And1: 7
Joined: Apr 12, 2002
Location: UPTOWN, NY

Re: Bosh Averaging 6 Rebounds In His Last 25 Games 

Post#17 » by Ito » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:28 am

richboy wrote:Yeah its embarrassing. Lebron should not have to lead the Heat in rebounds. Remember Bosh actually rebounds the offensive glass pretty decently. Meaning he must be getting less than 1 defensive rebound a quarter. Which is bad but Amare would love those numbers.

Amare Stoudemire is averaging 3 rebounds a game in 20 minutes since his return. 1 of those rebounds is on the offensive glass. Meaning he is getting 2 defensive rebounds every 20 minutes. But it is even worse than that. He has a total of 25 rebounds since he has returned. 8 of those rebounds came in 1 game. He has had 4 games of 1 defensive rebound. Two more games of two. Take away the 8 rebound game and Steve Novak a better defensive rebounder.


Why is that? Lebron is the best rebounder of his position.. Its between Lebron and Haslem who should be leading the heat in rebounds.. with Lebron getting the edge because he plays more minutes, and he's Lebron.. Lebron is good enough to lead his team in all major stats..

6 seems a lil low, but if he would average 7... JUST 1 MORE.. it would look much better because he's playing along side Lebron, and even Wade is a good rebounder... But Bosh rebound numbers are only important because the heat as a team get out rebounded all the time, but it's not Bosh's fault.. its a team effort, maybe they all should be averaging at least 1 more per game
Image
va-mos
Banned User
Posts: 1,214
And1: 15
Joined: Aug 12, 2011

Re: Bosh Averaging 6 Rebounds In His Last 25 Games 

Post#18 » by va-mos » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:48 am

Lakerfan17 wrote:Including 5 rpg in the month of January, absolutely pitiful..........and it's some mystery why the Heat need rebounding?


And Boozer averaging 23ppg and 12rpg in his last 10 games.
Image
Image
Image
Image
richboy
RealGM
Posts: 23,756
And1: 757
Joined: Sep 01, 2003

Re: Bosh Averaging 6 Rebounds In His Last 25 Games 

Post#19 » by richboy » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:08 am

Ito wrote:
richboy wrote:Yeah its embarrassing. Lebron should not have to lead the Heat in rebounds. Remember Bosh actually rebounds the offensive glass pretty decently. Meaning he must be getting less than 1 defensive rebound a quarter. Which is bad but Amare would love those numbers.

Amare Stoudemire is averaging 3 rebounds a game in 20 minutes since his return. 1 of those rebounds is on the offensive glass. Meaning he is getting 2 defensive rebounds every 20 minutes. But it is even worse than that. He has a total of 25 rebounds since he has returned. 8 of those rebounds came in 1 game. He has had 4 games of 1 defensive rebound. Two more games of two. Take away the 8 rebound game and Steve Novak a better defensive rebounder.


Why is that? Lebron is the best rebounder of his position.. Its between Lebron and Haslem who should be leading the heat in rebounds.. with Lebron getting the edge because he plays more minutes, and he's Lebron.. Lebron is good enough to lead his team in all major stats..

6 seems a lil low, but if he would average 7... JUST 1 MORE.. it would look much better because he's playing along side Lebron, and even Wade is a good rebounder... But Bosh rebound numbers are only important because the heat as a team get out rebounded all the time, but it's not Bosh's fault.. its a team effort, maybe they all should be averaging at least 1 more per game


What Lebron gets is irrelevant. You want to be a great team no reason why he can't be a 9 to 10 rebound per game player like he was in Toronto. Them getting out rebounded means there are available rebounds. Miami is a much better defensive team than what he had in Toronto so more missed shots. Yet somehow he is getting worse on the glass.
"Talent is God-given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." John Wooden
User avatar
Bondo
Rookie
Posts: 1,207
And1: 133
Joined: Jul 17, 2012
Location: Air Force
     

Re: Bosh Averaging 6 Rebounds In His Last 25 Games 

Post#20 » by Bondo » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:09 am

Have Bosh on my fantasy team....yea, it blows my mind
Loyalty is to the logo.
ferk
Starter
Posts: 2,085
And1: 578
Joined: Apr 04, 2007
     

Re: Bosh Averaging 6 Rebounds In His Last 25 Games 

Post#21 » by ferk » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:16 am

So he's improved
tsherkin
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 58,757
And1: 4,247
Joined: Oct 14, 2003
 

Re: Bosh Averaging 6 Rebounds In His Last 25 Games 

Post#22 » by tsherkin » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:41 am

So yeah, the Heat are a bad rebounding team and Bosh is a part of that. They are the worst offensive rebounding team in the league and an unimpressive, poor defensive rebounding team as well.

Bosh's having his best year yet as a member of the Heat in terms of ORB%. 7.6% is not good, but he's still doing better than he has in years past. He's blowing donkey dong on the defensive boards, though, at under 18% DRB and he's playing a lot at the 5, which makes it even worse. He's a problem there, and always has been because he's a 4 and not a 5. He doesn't have the requisite muscle and he's even slowing down a little. He's trying to balance out this issue by having a fine season on the offensive end, but yeah, he's struggling a LOT on the boards, below his career averages in ORB/DRB/TRB.

So there isn't really a defense for his inadequacy, it's just that he sucks. He's struggling to hit the boards even more so than he has typically done. In Toronto, he wasn't a horrible rebounder for a 4 (actually pretty decent), but he was a poor rebounder for a 5 most seasons and has historically performed rather poorly there.

Other culprits?

They don't play him a ton but Joel Anthony. A fine offensive rebounder and a total waste of skin on the defensive glass. Haslem isn't particularly good on the offensive boards, though he's played well on the defensive glass. Lebron is currently rocking over 20% DRB, so about what Bosh was doing the past two years (and near to Bosh's career average), floating the team. Rashard Lewis obviously can't rebound worth a damn, he's played nearly as much as Joel Anthony. Shane Battier rebounds as well as Mario Chalmers.

Ray Allen and Wade are obviously pulling their weight on the boards.

But that's it, Bosh is the sinkhole. Haslem and Anthony don't play a lot of minutes, and if Ray, Lebron and Wade are pulling their weight on the boards, then unless you expect Mo Chalmers to be leading the charge on the glass from the point, it kind of falls on Bosh's shoulders... where he's notably under-performing. He's never been an elite rebounder and he's never been really good as a center, he was always a PF. Running him at the 5 is a systemic issue. They'd be a lot better off with any number of different players filling the role Bosh is currently playing. He was always the weakest link on that team, ITO the starters.
DEAN GARRETT!!!
tsherkin
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 58,757
And1: 4,247
Joined: Oct 14, 2003
 

Re: Bosh Averaging 6 Rebounds In His Last 25 Games 

Post#23 » by tsherkin » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:43 am

I should add for TL;DR's sake...

Miami is bad enough on the boards as a team that there are available rebounds which Bosh is not getting. Lebron's quality as a rebounder, and likewise Wade's, is in no way stopping Bosh from being good on the boards (notably so on the offensive end). I can forgive a little his offensive rebounding because he's not Kevin Love and does indeed spend a lot of his time around the elbow or above, which means he's not battling for awesome offensive rebounding position, and he isn't built like a moose, so he can't carve space like a Reggie Evans or something. Dirk isn't a lot different in that regard, and even less athletic. So we can be happy with 7%+ ORB as long as we realize that they need it from someplace else.

It's the defensive boards, where the Heat are also struggling, which are most damning for Bosh.
DEAN GARRETT!!!
User avatar
TwentyOne920
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,679
And1: 128
Joined: Jun 29, 2012

Re: Bosh Averaging 6 Rebounds In His Last 25 Games 

Post#24 » by TwentyOne920 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:48 am

It's pretty damning that Brook Lopez (who's not the best defensive rebounder, although he's a good guy at boxing out and some of the pressure is taken off of him by playing alongside Reggie Evans) has a better defensive rebounding season than Bosh...
bertrob wrote:Any casual fan saying anything about Tim Duncan is usually wrong


bobly wrote:Kobe locked up his All Defensive Team this year after he blocked Lebron in the all-star game.
User avatar
Durant 35
Junior
Posts: 473
And1: 1
Joined: May 16, 2012

Re: Bosh Averaging 6 Rebounds In His Last 25 Games 

Post#25 » by Durant 35 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:56 am

It needs to improve if they want to repeat...as their role players aren't as good as they were last season.
tsherkin
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 58,757
And1: 4,247
Joined: Oct 14, 2003
 

Re: Bosh Averaging 6 Rebounds In His Last 25 Games 

Post#26 » by tsherkin » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:02 am

TwentyOne920 wrote:It's pretty damning that Brook Lopez (who's not the best defensive rebounder, although he's a good guy at boxing out and some of the pressure is taken off of him by playing alongside Reggie Evans) has a better defensive rebounding season than Bosh...


By about 1.2% DRB, yep. Lopez has been as good as Bosh's career average or worse to date in his career on the defensive boards. They're roughly the same in that regard, but at least BroPez hits the offensive boards pretty well. This year, he's roughly replicating his rookie-season offensive rebounding, which is nice to see.
DEAN GARRETT!!!
taii1234
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,573
And1: 68
Joined: Jun 28, 2010
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
       

Re: Bosh Averaging 6 Rebounds In His Last 25 Games 

Post#27 » by taii1234 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:04 am

Hes going through a slump, he will be fine.


Also I find it funny how everyone fails to remember that the Heat were NEVER a good rebounding team after the big 3 joined up. They were ranked 21st in RPG last year when they won the championship.


The Heat specialty isn't rebounding, its playing defense and causing turnovers that lead to fast point scoring.
Image
User avatar
Durant 35
Junior
Posts: 473
And1: 1
Joined: May 16, 2012

Re: Bosh Averaging 6 Rebounds In His Last 25 Games 

Post#28 » by Durant 35 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:13 am

taii1234 wrote:Hes going through a slump, he will be fine.


Also I find it funny how everyone fails to remember that the Heat were NEVER a good rebounding team after the big 3 joined up. They were ranked 21st in RPG last year when they won the championship.


The Heat specialty isn't rebounding, its playing defense and causing turnovers that lead to fast point scoring.


Problem is they have been trash most of the year even defensively.
taii1234
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,573
And1: 68
Joined: Jun 28, 2010
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
       

Re: Bosh Averaging 6 Rebounds In His Last 25 Games 

Post#29 » by taii1234 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:37 am

Durant 35 wrote:
taii1234 wrote:Hes going through a slump, he will be fine.


Also I find it funny how everyone fails to remember that the Heat were NEVER a good rebounding team after the big 3 joined up. They were ranked 21st in RPG last year when they won the championship.


The Heat specialty isn't rebounding, its playing defense and causing turnovers that lead to fast point scoring.


Problem is they have been trash most of the year even defensively.



They haven;t been trash, they're in 1st place in the East. The only reason there defense is bad is because Ray Allen is getting more playing time than Mike Miller and Joel Anthony. Mike Miller also gets them rebounds.
Image
User avatar
Durant 35
Junior
Posts: 473
And1: 1
Joined: May 16, 2012

Re: Bosh Averaging 6 Rebounds In His Last 25 Games 

Post#30 » by Durant 35 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:51 am

taii1234 wrote:
Durant 35 wrote:
taii1234 wrote:Hes going through a slump, he will be fine.


Also I find it funny how everyone fails to remember that the Heat were NEVER a good rebounding team after the big 3 joined up. They were ranked 21st in RPG last year when they won the championship.


The Heat specialty isn't rebounding, its playing defense and causing turnovers that lead to fast point scoring.


Problem is they have been trash most of the year even defensively.



They haven;t been trash, they're in 1st place in the East. The only reason there defense is bad is because Ray Allen is getting more playing time than Mike Miller and Joel Anthony. Mike Miller also gets them rebounds.


I'm talking defensively. They are in a good position and the fact they play in the east is a big reason why. They will pick it up but how much and will it be enough? Lebron was god like last year in the playoffs. Are their role players good enough and can wade play like he did last season?
User avatar
mcfly1204
Head Coach
Posts: 7,250
And1: 841
Joined: Oct 31, 2008

Re: Bosh Averaging 6 Rebounds In His Last 25 Games 

Post#31 » by mcfly1204 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:58 am

taii1234 wrote:Hes going through a slump, he will be fine.

A rebounding slump?
Well at least we're not Detroit!
User avatar
Left Side Drive
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,923
And1: 2,857
Joined: Dec 16, 2009
Location: ACC
   

Re: Bosh Averaging 6 Rebounds In His Last 25 Games 

Post#32 » by Left Side Drive » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:16 pm

Ya let the monthly Bosh bashing begin again...I'm sure a Boozer-Wade-LeBron big three would have won 2 championships by now.
2014/2015
PG: K. Lowry / G. Vasquez
SG: D. DeRozan / L. Williams / L. Fields
SF: T. Ross / James Johnson / B. Caboclo
PF: A. Johnson / P. Patterson / T. Hansbrough
C: J. Valanciunas / G. Stiemsma / C. Hayes / L. Nogueira
User avatar
izZo
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,296
And1: 9
Joined: Feb 14, 2012
Location: 305

Re: Bosh Averaging 6 Rebounds In His Last 25 Games 

Post#33 » by izZo » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:48 pm

Durant 35 wrote:I'm talking defensively. They are in a good position and the fact they play in the east is a big reason why. They will pick it up but how much and will it be enough? Lebron was god like last year in the playoffs. Are their role players good enough and can wade play like he did last season?

Actually you said they've been trash most of the year even defensively. The defense has been bad but they're starting to pick it up even with the terrible defense they're 1st in the east. You guys act like a team should go hard 82 games. I won't speak on the rest of your post because all of that has yet to be seen.
Image
tsherkin
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 58,757
And1: 4,247
Joined: Oct 14, 2003
 

Re: Bosh Averaging 6 Rebounds In His Last 25 Games 

Post#34 » by tsherkin » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:58 pm

Durant 35 wrote:Problem is they have been trash most of the year even defensively.


What? They are the 3rd best offense in the league and an above-average defence. They haven't been trash but they have been way less effective compared to their title-year performance, which is not be same as being trash.


taii1234 wrote:Hes going through a slump, he will be fine.


Also I find it funny how everyone fails to remember that the Heat were NEVER a good rebounding team after the big 3 joined up. They were ranked 21st in RPG last year when they won the championship.


The Heat specialty isn't rebounding, its playing defense and causing turnovers that lead to fast point scoring.


21st in RPG, but 10th in DRB% and 19th in ORB% (as opposed to being 30th at the moment) and 22nd in DRB, aka considerably worse than last year at either end of the floor on the boards. It is a problem.
DEAN GARRETT!!!
CoachKobe
Rookie
Posts: 1,160
And1: 312
Joined: Jul 04, 2012

Re: Bosh Averaging 6 Rebounds In His Last 25 Games 

Post#35 » by CoachKobe » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:07 pm

so much talk about a 3rd option and then people criticize espn for focussing on the heat lol.
bosh unhappy, bosh can't rebound, bosh has his period.
i'm gonna treat him like what he decided to be: irrelevant.
Image

Return to The General Board