Seattle group gets Kings

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

boogie-reke
Head Coach
And1: 244

Re: Seattle group gets Kings 

Post#41 » by boogie-reke » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:48 am

antoekneeo wrote:I love your fighting spirit xx_skaterdude_xx but in your heart of hearts what percentage would you put on this deal not going through after tonight's report?

Our chances are still slim, but we still have a chance.

I put us at 15%.
Bertrob
RealGM
And1: 8,821

Post#42 » by Bertrob » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:50 am

Peter Vecsey ‏@PeterVecsey1

Source says almost living lock Phil Jackson will become front office face of Seattle-bound Kings' franchise. Won't coach. Will mentor choice

OH SNAP.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,469

Post#43 » by RIPskaterdude » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:50 am

dockingsched wrote:
xx_skaterdude_xx wrote:Until it's approved by the NBA and the paperwork is official, no one "has" the Kings other than Sacramento. We had this same thread a week ago and it still wasn't 100% done yet.

this is def. not the same as a week ago:

@jadande: NBA source says Sacramento Kings sale to Seattle group is signed & sent to league. Maloofs will retain "small piece" of team

It was already 100% sure that the Maloofs were going to sell the team, and 99.9% to the Seattle group. Apparently they were just waiting for the Seahawks to get eliminated from the playoffs, but it was leaked early so they wanted to get everything done completely now (and announce it after the Niners win to get to the SB, lol Seattle trolls). The NBA still hasn't approved it yet, so it's not done yet. We'll see.
boogie-reke
Head Coach

Post#44 » by boogie-reke » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:51 am

The only alarming part for me in the news today that I didn't expect, is reading about the 30 million paid regardless.

That's not a good sign for us I feel, and a sign Hansen is really extremely confident he will get the team, leading me to believe he knows something we don't =/
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 32,445

Post#45 » by G R E Y » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:51 am

WEFFPIM wrote:
boogie-reke wrote:@jadande: NBA source says Sacramento Kings sale to Seattle group is signed & sent to league. Maloofs will retain "small piece" of team

Small piece is still way too much. These guys suck and they're gonna wind up getting everything they want anyway.

Such is the NBA.

Right? **** these people. Stop trolling and go away already!!!
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
RIPskaterdude
RealGM

Post#46 » by RIPskaterdude » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:52 am

antoekneeo wrote:I love your fighting spirit xx_skaterdude_xx but in your heart of hearts what percentage would you put on this deal not going through after tonight's report?

Probably 25%, because I don't think Stern wants to retire after seeing another NBA team move.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM

Post#47 » by RIPskaterdude » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:54 am

Stern already blocked the NO deal and made them sell it to a local owner for less $$$, can't see why he wouldn't do it here too. Also the same thing happened in Minnesota. Again, we'll see.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#48 » by WEFFPIM » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:55 am

xx_skaterdude_xx wrote:

Probably 25%, because I don't think Stern wants to retire after seeing another NBA team move.

I think Stern wants to "correct" his Seattle debacle before he retires more than anything. Even if that is at the expense of another fanbase that doesn't deserve to lose their team.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
kakaman
Banned User
And1: 665

Post#49 » by kakaman » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:55 am

xx_skaterdude_xx wrote:Stern already blocked the NO deal and made them sell it to a local owner for less $$$, can't see why he wouldn't do it here too. Also the same thing happened in Minnesota. Again, we'll see.

Stern would see getting the Sonics back in Seattle as a plus to his legacy, since most people view the OKC move as a huge debacle.
Winsome Gerbil
RealGM
And1: 13,086

Post#50 » by Winsome Gerbil » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:56 am

How does this change anything really?

There seems to be some widespread confusion about this, but an NBA team isn't actually sold until the NBA says its sold, no matter what papers the owners sign. It still just all comes down to whether the NBA accepts the sale, or accepts Sacramento's counter offer and likely gives Seattle an expansion team. The Maloofs and Ballmer can't actually do anything by themselves.

Its a good thing those dufuses are out of the league though, whichever way the NBA votes.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM

Post#51 » by RIPskaterdude » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:57 am

kakaman wrote:
xx_skaterdude_xx wrote:Stern already blocked the NO deal and made them sell it to a local owner for less $$$, can't see why he wouldn't do it here too. Also the same thing happened in Minnesota. Again, we'll see.

Stern would see getting the Sonics back in Seattle as a plus to his legacy, since most people view the OKC move as a huge debacle.

Lol and somehow, doing a worst thing to Sacramento makes it alright? Can someone explain to me how this makes any sense?
bjaxking24
Junior
And1: 109

Post#52 » by bjaxking24 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:57 am

kakaman wrote:

At the same time he would also be getting rid of one of the NBA's original franchises.
Follow me on Twitter: @SportsGuyLevine
RIPskaterdude
RealGM

Post#53 » by RIPskaterdude » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:58 am

Remember, it's not 525 to Maloofs. The team is valued at that, they get 65% of that. Sacramento can easily match this.
boogie-reke
Head Coach

Post#54 » by boogie-reke » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:58 am

LeBron James ‏@KingJames

So the Kings getting sold for 525M!! And the owners ain't making no money huh? What the hell we have a lookout for. Get the hell out of here
Bertrob
RealGM
And1: 8,821

Post#55 » by Bertrob » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:00 am

boogie-reke wrote:LeBron James ‏@KingJames

So the Kings getting sold for 525M!! And the owners ain't making no money huh? What the hell we have a lookout for. Get the hell out of here

Good to see him saying what needs to be said.
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 32,445

Post#56 » by G R E Y » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:02 am

bertrob wrote:
boogie-reke wrote:LeBron James ‏@KingJames

Good to see him saying what needs to be said.

Yes, LeBron understands it so well :roll:

As has been mentioned, the Board of Governors must approve the sale. They can still listen to Sac potential owners. They must approve move, too.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
HotRocks34
RealGM
And1: 17,666

Post#57 » by HotRocks34 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:02 am

No Offense wrote:
Woj:

@WojYahooNBA: With sale finalized, NBA's Relocation Committee will approve Kings move to Seattle for next season, sources tell Y! "Formality," source says

That's about ballgame, my friends.
** Embiid is the only MVP in NBA history to never make a conference final
** Philly won multiple playoff games without MVP Embiid
** Luka made the playoffs without Brunson
** LeBron missed the playoffs with Davis
** Steph missed the playoffs without Klay
Johnny Kilroy
Assistant Coach
And1: 442

Post#58 » by Johnny Kilroy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:02 am

The price is really 340 mil.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,237

Post#59 » by blind prophet » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:04 am

HotRocks34 wrote:
No Offense wrote:
Woj:

@WojYahooNBA: With sale finalized, NBA's Relocation Committee will approve Kings move to Seattle for next season, sources tell Y! "Formality," source says

That's about ballgame, my friends.

:lol:

a anon source says something....and it is ballgame.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#60 » by WEFFPIM » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:04 am

xx_skaterdude_xx wrote:
kakaman wrote:

Lol and somehow, doing a worst thing to Sacramento makes it alright? Can someone explain to me how this makes any sense?

It doesn't. It makes no sense. But that's David Stern. He wants a team in Seattle again before he retires.

Remember, those instances you mentioned with New Orleans and Minnesota happened before Stern announced his retirement. Memphis happened the same weekend, so we can assume that was in the works before the retirement announcement.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.

Return to The General Board