Seattle group gets Kings

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Re: Seattle group gets Kings 

Post#261 » by KF10 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:09 pm

MellowRose wrote:I'm going to be pissed if the Kings keep their team. BRING IT TO SEATTLE!

Piss off.

Enjoy your other 432342nd professional teams you root for.
eagereyez
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,462

Post#262 » by eagereyez » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:42 pm

The enthusiasm Sacramento has for their team is admirable, but if the rumors are true and Phil J along with R.C. Buford are Seattle bound then I really freaking hope we get this team. Sorry Sac fans, you guys were awesome to play against but I want to hear Gary Payton on the radio and Kevin Calabro calling the play by plays. Seeing Isaiah Thomas back in Seattle would also be awesome.
crowd goes wild
Junior
And1: 11

Post#263 » by crowd goes wild » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:51 pm

MellowRose wrote:I'm going to be pissed if the Kings keep their team. BRING IT TO SEATTLE!

aaaand lettuce be clear, this guy does NOT represent the city of Seattle and how we feel about this
Mykhyn
General Manager
And1: 2,232

Post#264 » by Mykhyn » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:55 pm

crowd goes wild wrote:

aaaand lettuce be clear, this guy does NOT represent the city of Seattle and how we feel about this

He just represents the majority. Go Sonics!
MellowRose
Banned User
And1: 1,551

Post#265 » by MellowRose » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:56 pm

KF10 wrote:

Piss off.

Cool. If you have a problem with what teams I root for, then **** you.
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#266 » by LLcoleJ » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:00 am

MellowRose wrote:
KF10 wrote:

Piss off.

Why don't you take a 12 hour cool down.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#267 » by KF10 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:17 am

MellowRose wrote:
KF10 wrote:

Piss off.

:lol:
Soupman
Assistant Coach
And1: 759

Post#268 » by Soupman » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:24 am

yay!

Supersonics are back!
Convert municipal and agricultural waste to refined natural gas. Sell the refined natural gas to gas companies. Use the money to provide a monthly basic income to people that earn less than $28,000 a year.
Left Side Drive
Head Coach
And1: 4,143

Post#269 » by Left Side Drive » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:37 am

Sorry Kings fans...cruel world out there.
Looking for a new signature. Currently, still evaluating.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,242

Post#270 » by blind prophet » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:45 am

Left Side Drive wrote:Sorry Kings fans...cruel world out there.

yeah go tell anyone on chemo it is over before it is over.
RTM
RealGM
And1: 173

Post#271 » by RTM » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:02 am

That's ridiculous. Fighting the move of a professional sports team =/= fighting cancer. Don't shame yourself like that.
kakaman
Banned User
And1: 665

Post#272 » by kakaman » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:03 am

I'm not really sure why people think the Kings will stay in SAC. The people backing the Seattle deal are a HF manager who is worth upwards of a billion dollars, and Steve Balmer, CEO of Microsoft worth 16 bn. You guys just don't have a chance.
ThEMvP
Veteran
And1: 2

Post#273 » by ThEMvP » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:47 am

Not sure why KJ would come out with a press conference today just to announce $20 million has been raised. Outsiders would just laugh at this amount. And at 65% of 525mm, that's 340mm, so he needs another 320mm (not including the the funds from his so-called 'mystery' buyer). And even if the funds are raised by KJ, how hard is it for Hansen and Balmer to just increase their offer? They're worth billions of dollars, and if they set their sights on the Kings, with their bottomless pit of money, I'm afraid there really isn't much KJ could do about it...
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#274 » by LLcoleJ » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:00 am

ThEMvP wrote:Not sure why KJ would come out with a press conference today just to announce $20 million has been raised. Outsiders would just laugh at this amount. And at 65% of 525mm, that's 340mm, so he needs another 320mm (not including the the funds from his so-called 'mystery' buyer). And even if the funds are raised by KJ, how hard is it for Hansen and Balmer to just increase their offer? They're worth billions of dollars, and if they set their sights on the Kings, with their bottomless pit of money, I'm afraid there really isn't much KJ could do about it...

Which brings up an interesting point to this story. Even if KJ were to get enough money to "match' the offer, there is still the ability to fund the team moving forward. Payroll, Staff, Marketing, Ticket Sales, etc.. The Kings need an uber rich Cuban, Ellison type buyer to save the day.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
ThEMvP
Veteran

Post#275 » by ThEMvP » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:18 am

Phil XI wrote:
ThEMvP wrote:Not sure why KJ would come out with a press conference today just to announce $20 million has been raised. Outsiders would just laugh at this amount. And at 65% of 525mm, that's 340mm, so he needs another 320mm (not including the the funds from his so-called 'mystery' buyer). And even if the funds are raised by KJ, how hard is it for Hansen and Balmer to just increase their offer? They're worth billions of dollars, and if they set their sights on the Kings, with their bottomless pit of money, I'm afraid there really isn't much KJ could do about it...

Which brings up an interesting point to this story. Even if KJ were to get enough money to "match' the offer, there is still the ability to fund the team moving forward. Payroll, Staff, Marketing, Ticket Sales, etc.. The Kings need an uber rich Cuban, Ellison type buyer to save the day.

Another point to consider is, if the money was raised by KJ, these new owners would want to make money. Currently Arco/Power Balance/Sleep Train is completely outdated by NBA standards. It only seats 17k people and doesn't have enough club/luxury suites. If the new owners were to keep the team in Sacramento and wanted to raise money, they'd again have to find money to fund a new stadium (the city would obviously chip in a bit, but where else is the remaining balance going to come from?) That's another big chunk of money that they'll have to set aside on top of the 300+ mm they're paying the Maloofs. So unless they find an ultra rich buyer, there is still a high possibility the new local ownership would still be losing money.
Inigo_Montoya
Pro Prospect
And1: 42

Post#276 » by Inigo_Montoya » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:20 am

There is still a fully funded NBA endorsed arena deal in place.
ThEMvP
Veteran

Post#277 » by ThEMvP » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:25 am

Inigo_Montoya wrote:There is still a fully funded NBA endorsed arena deal in place.

So you're saying they would go back to the old arena deal that was proposed (and rejected) by the Maloofs last year? Or is there a new one that they've come up with?
Inigo_Montoya
Pro Prospect
And1: 42

Post#278 » by Inigo_Montoya » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:26 am

Yes, the players from that deal have said that it is still on the table for any new owners.
Winsome Gerbil
RealGM
And1: 13,086

Post#279 » by Winsome Gerbil » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:34 am

Unless the equity guy KJ was hinting at is Ellison. Ellison could buy Hansen and Ballmer and most of the city of Seattle all by himself.

But as I've been saying for several days, at a certain point it gets kind of dumb. Hansen/Ballmer can get, I would almost bet on it, an expansion team for less than $525mil. Let alone if they have to keep on increasing that number. Why pay $600mil to try to outbid Sacramento if you can get your own new team for $400mil with no encumbrances?

People say the NBA does not want to expand, but if they can have Sacramento and Seattle too, both with rich ownership groups and shiny new arena deals, why on earth not?
catch22
Junior
And1: 5

Post#280 » by catch22 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:36 am

Winsome Gerbil wrote:

Unless the equity guy KJ was hinting at is Ellison. Ellison could buy Hansen and Ballmer and most of the city of Seattle all by himself.

But as I've been saying for several days, at a certain point it gets kind of dumb. Hansen/Ballmer can get, I would almost bet on it, an expansion team for less than $525mil. Let alone if they have to keep on increasing that number. Why pay $600mil to try to outbid Sacramento if you can get your own new team for $400mil with no encumbrances?

Because the NBA has said they're not expanding anytime soon? Do you honestly think the Seattle group would rather take a franchise away from another city if they had the option of an expansion team?

I'm sure they would have preferred expansion if possible.

Return to The General Board