How would you rebuild the Kings/Sonics

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

AI
RealGM
And1: 280

Re: How would you rebuild the Kings/Sonics 

Post#41 » by AI » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:35 am

yearsago wrote:1. Get Phil Jackson to be president

2. Get RC Buford to be GM, if not him than his disciple, Sam Presti

:lol:

Sam Presti is certainly not going to be the GM of any Seattle team after the shady stuff he and Bennett did those last couple years in Seattle.
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#42 » by [RCG] » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:54 am

Keep Isaiah Thomas & Aaron Brooks.
Trade for: Marvin Williams, Rodney Stuckey, Nate Robinson, Jamal Crawford, Jason Terry, Spencer Hawes, Avery Bradley, Martell Webster, Jon Brockman. Terrence Williams, Tony Wroten, Terrence Ross, Quincy Pondexter and Klay Thompson.

Thomas/Robinson/Brooks/Wroten
Stuckey/Crawford//BradleyTerry
Thompson/Ross/T.Williams
M.Williams/Webster/Pondexter
Hawes/Brockman

All born or played high school/college in Washington!
You'd have to play mini-ball though :D
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
yearsago
Sixth Man
And1: 2

Post#43 » by yearsago » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:00 am

AI wrote:
yearsago wrote:1. Get Phil Jackson to be president

2. Get RC Buford to be GM, if not him than his disciple, Sam Presti

:lol:

Sam Presti is certainly not going to be the GM of any Seattle team after the shady stuff he and Bennett did those last couple years in Seattle.

All presto was involved with was putting together the team
Co-Host of Seattle Sin Bin podcast at SonicsRising
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 16,955

Post#44 » by MrBigShot » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:04 am

Mk0 wrote:I posted this on the Bulls board.

So much win in that post.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
He Filled it Up
Veteran
And1: 1,439

Post#45 » by He Filled it Up » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:07 am

Not sure what I would do, but I bet that Seattle will try to do exactly what OKC has done. They will start with trading Cousins and Tyreke. The fan base will be pretty invigorated regardless of the production for a few years, so they'll look to get bad fast and build through the draft. Look for DMC to Charlotte for pretty much just picks.
Count that baby and a foul!
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 14,835

Post#46 » by Mk0 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:22 am

TheCage4 wrote:
Mk0 wrote:
TheCage4 wrote:I actually just wasted my time reading this :o

Any reason in particular? I am curious not offended.

I understand the comical aspects of the post, but overall it's just fanciful nonsense.

I'd love to see old greats like Pip, Shaq, Payton, etc. get NBA office gigs, but there experience on court does not mean they will be good off of it. Just look at Jordan, Isaiah Thomas, Mullen, Kerr, Unseld, McHale, Baylor.

I did not mean to bash your post by any means.

No no, I never took it as a bash. I was just curious.

Honestly it is a fantasy, but that is the point. If I had to rebuild the Kings this would be the dream scenario.

If we had to be realistic I would hire Mike Budenholzer from San Antonio. Pop's Assistant for like his entire stint for the Spurs and he is still in his early 40s. Keep Cousins and all the guys on cheap/contracts that expire in 2015 and I make a push to build around Cousins/draft picks and the 2015 FA class. Stash some picks overseas if you have a glut of picks and pray the lotto balls bounce your way.

Also get what you can for Evans. Lotto pick? Work him in one of the three team deals over the summer? No clue what he is worth at this point.
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
youngthegiant
Head Coach
And1: 5,602

Post#47 » by youngthegiant » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:27 am

keep T-rob and Cousins. Fire the coach(first thing that should happen). Trade everyone else for some draft picks and solid veteran players that bring leadership.
Effigy
RealGM
And1: 11,882

Post#48 » by Effigy » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:55 am

I'd give the roster they have a shot. We all know Tyreke and Cousins have talent. Bring in a new coaching staff and try to go get some veterans that would be good to put around them if at all possible. Guys like Derek Fisher, might not play much, but would be great to have around those guys and help them develop.
branny
Assistant Coach
And1: 28

Post#49 » by branny » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:49 pm

Lucky Striker wrote:Cousins has to go. He's poison. And it will only get worse.

Trade DMC and John Salmons to CHA for Gerald Henderson, Biyombo, Diop (EC), and future 1st

Trade Tyreke and Chuck Hayes to Boston for Avery Bradley, Jason Terry, and Fab Melo.

Trade Jimmer and M.Thornton to Utah for Paul Millsap and Randy Foye (EC)

I.Thomas/A.Brooks/J.Terry
A.Bradley/F.Garcia
G.Henderson/James Johnson
Millsap/T.Robinson
Biyombo/J.Thompson/F.Melo

I'd then throw a lot of money at Brandon Jennings in FA. Of course re-sign Gerald Henderson and Paul Millsap.

Creates a hard nosed, tough defensive team that can score a bit, and is athletic enough to run.

Doubt you will get Bradley without at least Cousins.. according to quite a few Celtics' fans posts. :lol:
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,980

Post#50 » by Froob » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:56 pm

Trade Cousins and a 1st for Brandon Bass :D .

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,980

Post#51 » by Froob » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:57 pm

branny wrote:
Lucky Striker wrote:Cousins has to go. He's poison. And it will only get worse.

Trade DMC and John Salmons to CHA for Gerald Henderson, Biyombo, Diop (EC), and future 1st

Trade Tyreke and Chuck Hayes to Boston for Avery Bradley, Jason Terry, and Fab Melo.

Trade Jimmer and M.Thornton to Utah for Paul Millsap and Randy Foye (EC)

I.Thomas/A.Brooks/J.Terry
A.Bradley/F.Garcia
G.Henderson/James Johnson
Millsap/T.Robinson
Biyombo/J.Thompson/F.Melo

I'd then throw a lot of money at Brandon Jennings in FA. Of course re-sign Gerald Henderson and Paul Millsap.

Creates a hard nosed, tough defensive team that can score a bit, and is athletic enough to run.

Doubt you will get Bradley without at least Cousins.. according to quite a few Celtics' fans posts. :lol:

Why would the Celtics even want Tyreke? Only player that'd want from the Kings is Cousins. And yeah it'd take Bradley unless the Kings GM is a moron.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
RockEmApparel
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#52 » by RockEmApparel » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:04 pm

Any "positive" changes starts from the top.

New GM.

New Coach.

Same Players.

New Attitude.

They have a ton of talent on that team. They are almost in just as good as shape the Sonics were in when they left for OKC.

Cousins. Robinson. Evans. Fredette.
A lottery pick this year and more young prospects like Thomas/Thompson and Thorton.

They will be fine... ASSUMING the right leadership will be put in place.
"The Sixth Man"
Rock 'Em Apparel
rockemapparel.com
haterade
Sixth Man
And1: 90

Post#53 » by haterade » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:41 pm

Hire a competent GM with a vision and a President of Basketball Operations. Let them make the basketball decisions and provide my input when asked.
abark
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,416

Post#54 » by abark » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:27 pm

He Filled it Up wrote:Not sure what I would do, but I bet that Seattle will try to do exactly what OKC has done. They will start with trading Cousins and Tyreke. The fan base will be pretty invigorated regardless of the production for a few years, so they'll look to get bad fast and build through the draft. Look for DMC to Charlotte for pretty much just picks.

You can't just do what OKC has done. What you just said is what Charlotte and half the bottom dwellers are trying, but it doesn't work without getting that superstar. The OKC model is just get one of the two best players in the league, then hit on your next 3 drafts. And they needed to get Durant early on, because it was unlikely they would have a shot at a top 2 pick after a couple solid drafts. Miami signed a championship team and OKC/old SEA drafted it, but you can't just go and do either of those approaches.
Axel
Veteran
And1: 1,133

Post#55 » by Axel » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:50 pm

I'd hold onto DMC/Robinson/Thomas. Fredette would be a good character guy to have around too. Honestly, the Kings aren't that bad. Getting rid of John Salmons and Brooks would be a good start, along with Keith Smart. Not sure why they ever brought Brooks in.
yearsago
Sixth Man
And1: 2

Post#56 » by yearsago » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:07 pm

I've read tyreke is limited because he can't shoot?
Co-Host of Seattle Sin Bin podcast at SonicsRising
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Post#57 » by ILOVEIT » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:24 pm

yearsago wrote:I've read tyreke is limited because he can't shoot?

A great example of an indiot organization and Coach. Tyreke was a very good rookie of the year point guard..and couldn't shoot.

So...ahem...they decide to MOVE him to the SHOOTING GUARD...where he still can't shoot.

So they took a very good point guard and made him a very poor shooting guard.

That is classic Coaching and GM crap. Isiah was the flavor of the month...and they have totally screwed with Tyreke to accomodate Isiah. Isiah has since regressed.. Tyreke has lost his confidence...

I called the local King radio to point this out and of course the homer host defended it by saying Tyreke is having a good year and is not the problem...

So a team will trade for Tyreke, start him at the point guard...and suddenly he'll be very good again.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,604

Post#58 » by Curmudgeon » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:49 pm

[quote="Froob] Why would the Celtics even want Tyreke? Only player that'd want from the Kings is Cousins. And yeah it'd take Bradley unless the Kings GM is a moron.[/quote]

I think the Celtics would want both of them, assuming Evans is healthy. But Ainge will be loathe to trade Sullinger or Bradley, so I don't see it happening.

Evans and one of the Kings/Sonics bad contracts (e.g. Salmons), might fetch Pierce, whose salary for next year is largely nonguaranteed, and maybe Fab Melo. But it's a long shot at best.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
Gus McCrae
General Manager
And1: 2,003

Post#59 » by Gus McCrae » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:52 pm

Keep Cousins, Reke, Jimmer, Robinson and IT.
xpmar9x
Analyst
And1: 208

Post#60 » by xpmar9x » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:00 pm

Only guy i'd keep is Cousins. Try to trade everyone else. Get lucky and land Shabazz.

Go after Paul Milsap. Draft Shabazz Mohammed. I'd likely keep Thornton as well, probably IT since he's a PCNW guy.

IT - Thornton - Mohammed - Milsap - Cousins

not great, but it's a start.

Return to The General Board