How would you rebuild the Kings/Sonics

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Re: How would you rebuild the Kings/Sonics 

Post#61 » by NashtyNas » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:18 pm

eagereyez wrote:Make Phil Jackson a part of the organization and hire Nate McMillan as head coach.

You seriously don't know how bad McMillan's offense is if you think he should be a head coach again. Him and Mike D'Antoni need to work together, one taking care of defense alone (McMillan) and the other taking care of offense alone (D'Antoni). Unfortunately their ego's didn't allow it, because neither should be a head coach without a genius in the other department.

I think the Sonics should start completely new. Clear the back court, use the amnesty on Salmons or Hayes, trade the other along with Evans for anything (other than long term $) and build around Cousins, Robinson, and this years pick. They should move EVERYONE in the backcourt, including Thornton, Thomas, Brooks, the whole lot! They should also move Thompson, they're already giving more burn to Robinson lately. Move Thompson while he's got good value, he's probably their best asset outside of Cousins.

Collect expiring contracts, draft picks and build through the draft. If you can pick up a prospect here or there, give it a shot, but don't bet on other people's miscues. They rarely work.

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
xpmar9x
Analyst
And1: 208

Post#62 » by xpmar9x » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:33 pm

xpmar9x wrote:Only guy i'd keep is Cousins. Try to trade everyone else. Get lucky and land Shabazz.

Go after Paul Milsap. Draft Shabazz Mohammed. I'd likely keep Thornton as well, probably IT since he's a PCNW guy.

IT - Thornton - Mohammed - Milsap - Cousins

not great, but it's a start.

Too add on to my original post. Suck in 2013-2014, pray for #1 pick. Take Andrew Wiggins. Then sign Eric Bledsoe (RFA in '14). Boom:

Bledsoe - Shabazz - Wiggins - Milsap - Cousins
yearsago
Sixth Man
And1: 2

Post#63 » by yearsago » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:57 am

Thanks guys, I don't know crap about any of these guys.

Someone said reke was a pretty good pg, how good of a distributor was he?
Co-Host of Seattle Sin Bin podcast at SonicsRising
yearsago
Sixth Man
And1: 2

Post#64 » by yearsago » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:06 pm

Nbadraft.net shOws the kings taking marcus smart. Is that a good pick? I read his profile and seems would be a good fit, I like larger more physical guards. Would he fit into a triangle offense?
Co-Host of Seattle Sin Bin podcast at SonicsRising
perezident
Sixth Man
And1: 73
Location: On the beautiful island of the Bahamas. Where I was born

Post#65 » by perezident » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:46 pm

Trade Evans, Brooks, Hayes JT Salmons JJ....screw it! Keep only Cousins, T-Rob Jimmer and Thorton
Smills91 wrote:You guys are idiots....
If you sleep on Beno, he can drop 30/10 on you.

^Shall remain until this happens :rofl:

theo42 wrote:If you think Philly isn't getting better you will be shocked with how they play this year.

^ :lol: (7/4/15)
hodgy#11
Sixth Man
And1: 663

Post#66 » by hodgy#11 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:57 pm

yearsago wrote:Thanks guys, I don't know crap about any of these guys.

Someone said reke was a pretty good pg, how good of a distributor was he?

Makes some nice passes but needs to be particularly ball dominant to get the job done.

In response to the original question, Nuke the whole team except Cousins. If he keeps up the immaturity gig next year, deal him to the highest bidder too.

Return to The General Board