Did Dwightmare 2013 Trade Deadline Edition Just Begin?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Will Dwight be Traded?

Yes
43%
No, and he stays with the Lakers
27%
No, and he signs with another team
31%

Total votes: 167

BIGGIEsmalls 23
Banned User
And1: 810

Re: Did Dwightmare 2013 Trade Deadline Edition Just Begin? 

Post#141 » by BIGGIEsmalls 23 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:14 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:

You could have subbed in Orlando or Magic for every time the word Lakers or L.A. appears in that article and it's like a word for word carbon copy of every interview last season.

Crazy, never thought it was going to be like this in La La land.

vincecarter4pres wrote:
BIGGIEsmalls 23 wrote:
Dwight Howard apologizes, says he needs to stop complaining

In an almost-empty locker room, Dwight Howard took accountability.

The Magic center apologized for complaining about not getting enough touches and promised to improve his demeanor on the NBA's most underperforming team this season.

"It starts with me," he said Wednesday after the Magic's morning shoot-around. "I have to be more of a player out there on the court and not worry about anything, not complain. Just do what I do best."

Howard was not happy after getting only five shots in the Magic's 95-83 loss Monday to Chicago. He kept telling reporters to "look at the stat sheet" after the game.

"That was immature," he said Wednesday. "I shouldn't have done it.

"I've just got to go out there and dominate defensively and make it tough for teams. I just have to get back to doing that and not worry about the offense."

Some Magic fans think Howard should be traded before the Feb. 21 deadline. He becomes a free agent July 1.

"I understand why they're saying that because they feel like I have an opportunity to just walk away," Howard said. "That is my choice at the end of the season but right now my focus is tonight and us doing something real special in Orlando. We have that opportunity and we can't close the door on the opportunity that we have in front of us. We can turn this thing around."

Howard, however, would not commit to a future with the Magic.

"We're not discussing that," he said. "Right now, our goal is to win. All I want to do is win. I have to put all my energy into winning and sacrifice whatever I have to do and humble myself."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow ... ntent=ESPN

In fact, let's give it a whirl!

:lol: Good job.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#142 » by Trader_Joe » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:29 pm

Cigamodnalro wrote:
Trader_Joe wrote:
Cigamodnalro wrote:
That the Brooklyn-Dwight connection still very much exists, and that if Brooklyn can trade for Dwight it almost certainly will. I don't believe for a second that when B. King allegedly promised Brook Lopez that he wouldn't be traded that he actually meant it.

King never promised that... in fact Lopez could have prevented any trades this season if signed an offer sheet with Charlotte. However, BK offered him max raises (4/60 vs. 4/58 I think) so he didn't and in effect keeping the door open for trades.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baske ... -1.1245504

According to multiple team sources, the Nets have not engaged in trade talks for Howard and remain skeptical the Lakers will deal their center by next month’s deadline. They’ve also talked privately with Lopez about the circumstances, reassuring him that he’s not involved in any trade proposals after he signed a four-year, $61 million deal.

King also told Favors they weren't trading him...but again I see no direct quote from King nor a reliable source.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
ShowTimeERA
Assistant Coach
And1: 208

Post#143 » by ShowTimeERA » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:14 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:King also told Favors they weren't trading him...but again I see no direct quote from King nor a reliable source.

I precisely remember your stance on the 2012 Dwightmare being that you always believed Dwight would end up in LA. I'm curious as to what you feel and believe now? Just for the record, LA has stated multiple times they are not trading Dwight. The only source to come out and say "LA MAY HAVE to start" considering a trade is Ramona and she was on Sportscenter yesterday echoing what Stephen A suggested should happen...

Also BK and Minny have never spoken, everything is all speculation on BK's side. Also Dwight's mouthpiece also stated don't confuse BK wanting Dwight with Dwight asking or wanting to be traded...
mid-post
Analyst
And1: 70

Post#144 » by mid-post » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:18 pm

"You, sir, are a cancer to your team and to the league. Good day to you sir!"
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#145 » by Trader_Joe » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:37 pm

ShowTimeERA wrote:
Trader_Joe wrote:King also told Favors they weren't trading him...but again I see no direct quote from King nor a reliable source.

I precisely remember your stance on the 2012 Dwightmare being that you always believed Dwight would end up in LA. I'm curious as to what you feel and believe now? Just for the record, LA has stated multiple times they are not trading Dwight. The only source to come out and say "LA MAY HAVE to start" considering a trade is Ramona and she was on Sportscenter yesterday echoing what Stephen A suggested should happen...

Also BK and Minny have never spoken, everything is all speculation on BK's side. Also Dwight's mouthpiece also stated don't confuse BK wanting Dwight with Dwight asking or wanting to be traded...

I don't think they trade him.
If they make the playoffs I think he is a near lock to stay.
If they don't make the playoffs I think the odds are he still stays LA though I'd put them around 60/40.

If he does leave I think Atlanta and Dallas are co favorites with Houston and another team that clears cap as a dark horse.

If LA trades Dwight, which I think has about a 20% chance at happening I think Brooklyn is the favorite followed by Atlanta.

All in all....
70% chance he is a Laker next season
10% chance he is a Net
10% Dallas or Atlanta
10% he's traded to or signs with another team

Something like that.
I found it easy to call he was going to LA. I find this one much tougher.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#146 » by Trader_Joe » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:41 pm

Also if I'm the Knicks I try to get involved with Chandler and Shumpert as the main pieces...maybe Felton or Kidd added as well.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,229

Post#147 » by Oscirus » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:46 pm

Yes the knicks should destroy their team chemistry for a cancer. Not to mention there is no way howards even remotely getting let go that cheap
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
Swift924
Sixth Man
And1: 14

Post#148 » by Swift924 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:48 pm

According to The Los Angeles Times, the Lakers held a "loud" clear-the-air meeting Wednesday that included Kobe Bryant directly asking Dwight Howard if Howard disliked playing with him.
According to the report, the meeting started with coach Mike D'Antoni telling the team he was tired of hearing them complain about the offense and ordering them to start playing defense. At one point during the meeting, Bryant then confronted Howard, but the big man reportedly reportedly "didn't go back at Kobe." Add this to the trade rumors, rumblings over D'Antoni's job security and mounting losses and it appears the Lakers' five-ring circus has reached its pinnacle. No one knows where it will go from here, but it's obvious to us something needs to change in L.A.
ShowTimeERA
Assistant Coach
And1: 208

Post#149 » by ShowTimeERA » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:49 pm

Swift924 wrote:According to The Los Angeles Times, the Lakers held a "loud" clear-the-air meeting Wednesday that included Kobe Bryant directly asking Dwight Howard if Howard disliked playing with him.
According to the report, the meeting started with coach Mike D'Antoni telling the team he was tired of hearing them complain about the offense and ordering them to start playing defense. At one point during the meeting, Bryant then confronted Howard, but the big man reportedly reportedly "didn't go back at Kobe." Add this to the trade rumors, rumblings over D'Antoni's job security and mounting losses and it appears the Lakers' five-ring circus has reached its pinnacle. No one knows where it will go from here, but it's obvious to us something needs to change in L.A.

Bryant also spoke up, acknowledging he could be "hard to play with" and asking Howard if that bothered him.

Howard's answer was unclear, though he did not engage Bryant in nearly as vocal a manner as Bryant engaged him.

"He didn't go back at Kobe," said the person who witnessed the meeting.
Frank Mulely
Head Coach
And1: 649

Post#150 » by Frank Mulely » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:53 pm

kobe punking dwight...gotta love it.
Shv3d wrote:
Frank Mulely wrote:Honestly if this was the 80s

The official motto of RealGM.
Swift924
Sixth Man
And1: 14

Post#151 » by Swift924 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:03 pm

cs hauser
Suspended
And1: 75

Post#152 » by cs hauser » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:03 pm

Mamba Venom wrote:If history tells you anything, the Lakers trade away the old guys when there is discord. Not the young star that will win an NBA title.

Kobe, Nash, Gasol, Metta & Jamison will be traded before Dwight. It's crazy. It is business and the Lakers are good at the business of basketball.

Kobe has a no-trade clause in his contract. He's not going anywhere.
PetroNet
Banned User
And1: 136

Post#153 » by PetroNet » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:57 pm

Oscirus wrote:Yes the knicks should destroy their team chemistry for a cancer. Not to mention there is no way howards even remotely getting let go that cheap

if howard is traded, what kind of talent do you think the lakers get in return? what kind of return does ANY team get in return when backed into trading a superstar?

didnt we hear the same line from the magic fans before dwight was traded for a package centered around aaron afflallo?

if howards traded, you can expect the returns to be something along the lines of Lopez/Brooks, Chandler/shumpert, etc... not exactly those guys, but that level of returns.

the lakers arent getting Durant, Carmello, Chris Paul type talent back
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,842

Post#154 » by inquisitive » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:47 am

i think the nuggets have enough multiple good players to make a trade for howard...not looking at their contracts, so im not sure, but if the contracts they have on their roster are reasonable, it could work out.
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
BIGGIEsmalls 23
Banned User
And1: 810

Post#155 » by BIGGIEsmalls 23 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:49 am

PetroNet
Banned User
And1: 136

Post#156 » by PetroNet » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:51 am

inquisitive wrote:i think the nuggets have enough multiple good players to make a trade for howard...not looking at their contracts, so im not sure, but if the contracts they have on their roster are reasonable, it could work out.

would they be willing to rent him?
inquisitive
RealGM

Post#157 » by inquisitive » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:53 am

PetroNet wrote:
inquisitive wrote:i think the nuggets have enough multiple good players to make a trade for howard...not looking at their contracts, so im not sure, but if the contracts they have on their roster are reasonable, it could work out.

would they be willing to rent him?

obviously, they're not going to make the trade unless there is some indication of him re-signing...
83SixersRocked
Head Coach
And1: 609

Post#158 » by 83SixersRocked » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:01 am

"I understand why they're saying that because they feel like I have an opportunity to just walk away," Howard said. "That is my choice at the end of the season but right now my focus is tonight and us doing something real special in Orlando. We have that opportunity and we can't close the door on the opportunity that we have in front of us. We can turn this thing around."

LA doesn't care if DH has an 'opportunity' in walking away. Everybody wants to do bad things to DH and take away opportunities, wahhhhhh.
tundraknight
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,911

Post#159 » by tundraknight » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:23 am

Dwight has to be one of the most overrated players of all time.

He has no post moves, he can only dunk. I thought he went to learn some post moves from "The Dream"?
His overall basketball skills are laughable. He's not even good enough to be a "poor man's Shaq".
inquisitive
RealGM

Post#160 » by inquisitive » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:13 am

tundraknight wrote:Dwight has to be one of the most overrated players of all time.

He has no post moves, he can only dunk. I thought he went to learn some post moves from "The Dream"?
His overall basketball skills are laughable. He's not even good enough to be a "poor man's Shaq".

I guess it isnt really that easy to learn, but hakeem sure made it look easy....all footwork! :wink:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22O2lApCBBs[/youtube]

Return to The General Board