yardbarker

Did Dwightmare 2013 Trade Deadline Edition Just Begin?

Moderators: Morten Jensen, Blame Rasho, Flash3, Yuri Vaultin, magnumt, tsherkin, NO-KG-AI, Doctor MJ, UGA Hayes, Basti, KingCuban

Will Dwight be Traded?

Yes
43%
No, and he stays with the Lakers
27%
No, and he signs with another team
31%

Total votes : 167

Post#76 Re: Sources: Dwight Howard unhappy with role
Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:07 am by Palmeirense

gotokyo wrote:
doozyj wrote:News flash: my sources say anybody involved with the Lakers from the players, fans, management are unhappy.

Please aware me on your avy.

Props to Jeff1624 for the sig
Palmeirense

General Manager
And1: 961

Post#77 Re: Did Dwightmare 2013 Trade Deadline Editio
Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:09 am by vincecarter4pres

Let's take about 5 steps back and think about this... The Lakers are going to amnesty Kobe Bean Bryant.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 626

Post#78 Re: Did Dwightmare 2013 Trade Deadline Editio
Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:10 am by vincecarter4pres

Mr. Dynomite! wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:
Entengtot wrote:bill simmons suggested a howard for horford+korver swap. if that is on the table, i take it and run!

Atlanta would have to be silly to do that.'

What happens if Dwight and Smith walk in the offseason, which is very likely?

Yikes.

Where do they go?

Dallas, Houston, Cleveland for starters?

I'm not saying together, just that both could and might leave. Almost likely to.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#79 Re: Did Dwightmare 2013 Trade Deadline Editio
Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:23 am by Entengtot

if i remember it right the current team can offer the most money to upcoming FAs. they would have to leave like 20m on the table. its a tough sell.
Entengtot
Assistant Coach
And1: 6

Post#80 Re: Sources: Dwight Howard unhappy with role
Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:26 am by StatLine

Crazyknicks wrote:What's a trade deadline without some Dwight drama?

I have to admit, this Laker mess is quite entertaining.
StatLine

Sixth Man
And1: 657

Post#81 Re: Did Dwightmare 2013 Trade Deadline Editio
Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:27 am by nuposse04

vincecarter4pres wrote:http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b58gozp

Wizards pick to the Lakers unprotected.

Nets pick to Golden State unprotected.

Too good for the Nets. Wiz don't mind trying to get in on this in order to get Lopez, and while Nene is on the block, we'd probably be more interested in building a core around Wall, Beal, Nene and lopez. Although Lopez assist:to ratio leads me to think he's a bit of a blackhole.

Regarding Dwight, I knew this would happen. I knew it wouldn't "work" in Lakers land, but not to his extent. If POR has the cap space, they would be the best landing spot for him. LMA, Batum and Howard as FC trio is best in the NBA, they would just dominate, every night.
nuposse04
Head Coach
And1: 929

Post#82 Re: Did Dwightmare 2013 Trade Deadline Editio
Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:29 am by nuposse04

Entengtot wrote:if i remember it right the current team can offer the most money to upcoming FAs. they would have to leave like 20m on the table. its a tough sell.

He'll get his in endorsements so long as he performs. If he stays in LA, what prospect of success on the court does he have? Odds are they won't make the playoffs this year and it isn't like they can add great pieces for next year. If he wants guaranteed money, he ought to stay, but if he actually gives a damn about basketball, there is no reason to stay.
nuposse04
Head Coach

Post#83 Re: Sources: Dwight Howard unhappy with role
Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:30 am by Volcano

is the source Dwight Howard? there's like a direct quote from him telling the media that
Volcano
RealGM
And1: 1,833

Post#84 Re: Sources: Dwight Howard unhappy with role
Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:30 am by gotokyo

Palmeirense wrote:
gotokyo wrote:
doozyj wrote:News flash: my sources say anybody involved with the Lakers from the players, fans, management are unhappy.

Please aware me on your avy.

Sara underwood, skit she did for attack of the show
gotokyo
Pro Prospect
And1: 181

Post#85 Re: Sources: Dwight Howard unhappy with role
Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:34 am by Marvin Martian

Dwight needs to put on his big boy pants and "adapt" like Gasol.
Marvin Martian
Starter
And1: 491

Post#86 Re: Did Dwightmare 2013 Trade Deadline Editio
Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:41 am by vincecarter4pres

nuposse04 wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b58gozp

Wizards pick to the Lakers unprotected.

Nets pick to Golden State unprotected.

Too good for the Nets. Wiz don't mind trying to get in on this in order to get Lopez, and while Nene is on the block, we'd probably be more interested in building a core around Wall, Beal, Nene and lopez. Although Lopez assist:to ratio leads me to think he's a bit of a blackhole.

I don't think your concern should be too good for the Nets, you're getting an up and coming stud center for a pick in a draft where it's supposedly not so hot to have a top 5 pick.

Washington would just get cut out of this if they wanted to get cute and a team like Cleveland would be brought in.

Regarding Dwight, I knew this would happen. I knew it wouldn't "work" in Lakers land, but not to his extent. If POR has the cap space, they would be the best landing spot for him. LMA, Batum and Howard as FC trio is best in the NBA, they would just dominate, every night.

That's about as realistic as the Lakers amnestying Kobe.

nuposse04 wrote:
Entengtot wrote:if i remember it right the current team can offer the most money to upcoming FAs. they would have to leave like 20m on the table. its a tough sell.

He'll get his in endorsements so long as he performs. If he stays in LA, what prospect of success on the court does he have? Odds are they won't make the playoffs this year and it isn't like they can add great pieces for next year. If he wants guaranteed money, he ought to stay, but if he actually gives a damn about basketball, there is no reason to stay.

Yes. It's not like he's definitely losing $20 mill, he just gets one less year and you're hitting it on the head here. Dwight will get a $200 + million deal from Adidas in Dallas or Houston. I think that makes up for it. In fact no need to backtrack to avoid argument, you said it right the first time. The guaranteed money really isn't a worry here because of the absurd amount he'll get from Adidas in any major market and as long as he isn't a scrub by the time he's in his early 30's he'll be extended for max anyway and will make up almost all of that extra money.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#87 Re: Sources: Dwight Howard unhappy with role
Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:41 am by Dupp

Jimmy Recard wrote:God bless skaterdude

And 1!!!
Dupp

RealGM
And1: 14,246

Post#88 Re: Sources: Dwight Howard unhappy with role
Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:43 am by kimbobrand28

Dwightmare all over again??? PLEASE MAKE IT STOP
kimbobrand28
Senior
And1: 23

Post#89 Re: Did Dwightmare 2013 Trade Deadline Editio
Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:52 am by nuposse04

For the Wiz it just seems like a lateral move for the immediate future. Lopez is better then Nene, but I wouldn't say by a staggering amount. The only reason for us to consider it is Nene's injury issues. I haven't seen enough of Humphries to make a harsh judgment on him, but I kinda doubt he's worth more than Okafor, whose expiring could be of great value to us in the next trade deadline.

I think Lopez would be better fit with the Cavs. They got more trade chips then we do. Irving+Waiters+Lopez could be a playoff team in the future.
nuposse04
Head Coach

Post#90 Re: Did Dwightmare 2013 Trade Deadline Editio
Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:14 am by WallabyPie

vincecarter4pres wrote:Would Phoenix ironically be the 3rd team and send the Lakers their own pick back plus their pick with some protection and Gortat for Lopez?

Um... NO!
WallabyPie
Senior
And1: 8

Post#91 Re: Did Dwightmare 2013 Trade Deadline Editio
Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:43 am by TruSkool

trade dwight to the grizzlies for marc gasol and rudy gay
TruSkool

Lead Assistant
And1: 242

Post#92 Re: Sources: Dwight Howard unhappy with role
Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:50 am by IMAN5

literally the biggest baby "star" in history.
On the topic of Lebron's Game 1 cramps:
texasholdem wrote:
SniperLocked wrote: Plus, some athletes are just more cramp prone than others, no matter what, and that is a fact.

Yeah but they are in the WNBA.
IMAN5

Head Coach
And1: 2,522

Post#93 Re: Sources: Dwight Howard unhappy with role
Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:55 am by boogie-reke

Jimmy Recard wrote:God bless skaterdude
“Its my 2nd year of losing and Im not trying to get used to this.I didnt want to get use to it last year.I had enough of it. Its time to turn it around”
-DeMarcus Cousins

“Rookie or not- Im not letting anybody relax"
-Thomas Robinson
boogie-reke

Head Coach
And1: 186

Post#94 Re: Sources: Dwight Howard unhappy with role
Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:11 am by abUser

I think Dwight should go directly to management and ask for the coach to be fired. Last time I checked it worked.
abUser
Junior
And1: 10

Post#95 Re: Sources: Dwight Howard unhappy with role
Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:16 am by oaklandwarriors

What happened to all of those Lakers sigs quoting skaterdude? They should not have been allowed to remove them.
oaklandwarriors

Analyst
And1: 297

PreviousNext

Return to The General Board