Teams without "the man" are better on offense.

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

ClintonDemocrat
Senior
And1: 69

Re: Teams without "the man" are better on offense. 

Post#61 » by ClintonDemocrat » Sat Feb 2, 2013 10:05 pm

fart wrote:So a lot of teams have a go to player that is supposed to create the offense for himself and take a lot of shots, but I've found teams made up of a bunch of good role players that move the ball until they get the best shot are better offensively than teams that have a "the man" who usually stops ball movement when he catches the ball and takes it upon himself to create an offensive possession instead of just swinging the ball.

What are your thoughts on this matter?

I'm a Laker fan. I think you hit the nail on the head. We might have one of those players according to who you ask. The alleged perp starts passing and all of a sudden, they play their best ball of the year. I just can't figure out why the Lakers would insist on allowing the old way to continue being that it CLEARLY costs them wins.

Sigh...
bledredwine
RealGM
And1: 3,830

Post#62 » by bledredwine » Sat Feb 2, 2013 10:26 pm

The Bulls offense is significantly worse this year.

They had the best record league-wide two years straight with Derrick Rose, but not this year.

Luol Deng in an interview last year spoke about how much offense Derrick creates for the team (spot up 3's for Lu especially).

When's the last time a team even made it to the conference finals without a go-to scorer?
https://undisputedgoat.medium.com/jordan-in-the-clutch-30f6e7ed4c43
LBJ clutch- 19 of 104 career: https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/lebron_james_has_only_made_19_of_107_shots_in_clutch_situation_during_his_career_178_fg_125_from_3_pointers/s1_16751_38344895
kabstah
Sixth Man
And1: 1,007

Post#63 » by kabstah » Sat Feb 2, 2013 11:10 pm

Depends on how liberal your definition of go to scorer is. Just last season Boston made it to the ECF with no one scoring 20 ppg in the playoffs. The Spurs made it to the WCF with only Parker above 20 ppg.
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,619

Post#64 » by Johnny Firpo » Sun Feb 3, 2013 12:02 am

Sinant wrote:
fart wrote:
Sinant wrote:Durant and Chris Paul and (Phoenix) Steve Nash disagree.

Denver agrees with me. 4th best offensive team this season. Spurs 3rd.

By ORTG:

OKC 1st
LAC 4th
SAS 5th
DEN 6th

Seems like the men are doing alright.

Who's 2nd and 3rd? NYK and MIA. I think they have some pretty good players too.

I'm fairly sure the Nuggets are either easily first, or at the very least close second behind OKC if you're not counting their early slump. Even if i'm wrong, they were the 1st, or 2nd best offensive team after the Melo trade. It can be done, although, obviously, a superstar helps.

Return to The General Board