Scal takes on challengers

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

orange_juice32
Bench Warmer
And1: 290

Re: Scal takes on challengers 

Post#81 » by orange_juice32 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:02 am

MikeM wrote: Put a guy with equal length that can bother the shot without having to over commit and we'll see.

Guys with speed and length like that don't grow on trees. And even if you do manage to find someone with your requirements, they probably won't be strong enough to prevent Scalabrine from murdering them in the post.

Scal is/was in the top 1% of basketball players in the world and some people just need to deal with that instead of finding excuses for why he's better than them. Yes, he's taller and bigger. and? He's still 100x more skilled than almost everyone you've ever seen play ball.
hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,664

Post#82 » by hype_2004 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:40 am

orange_juice32 wrote:
MikeM wrote: Put a guy with equal length that can bother the shot without having to over commit and we'll see.

Guys with speed and length like that don't grow on trees. And even if you do manage to find someone with your requirements, they probably won't be strong enough to prevent Scalabrine from murdering them in the post.

Scal is/was in the top 1% of basketball players in the world and some people just need to deal with that instead of finding excuses for why he's better than them. Yes, he's taller and bigger. and? He's still 100x more skilled than almost everyone you've ever seen play ball.

Someone with his requirements are probably/most likely playing pro-/semi-pro ball somewhere around the world :lol: so yeah they don't qualify as 'amateurs".
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,828

Post#83 » by cdubbz » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:50 am

I'm sure Adam Morrison would whoop some major rec league butt too. Austin Rivers is having one terrible rookie season, but is probably better then every non amateur on the planet.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Flying Colors
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,489

Post#84 » by Flying Colors » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:51 am

White Mamba is going to become one of the greatest coaches in history
Linguistik
Banned User
And1: 5

Post#85 » by Linguistik » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:06 am

gswhoops wrote:
Even against an old, retired, and somewhat out-of-shape (by NBA standards) benchwarmer these guys got absolutely smoked.

Which is why I would want to see former scrubs like Matt Maloney, Tim Legler, Sam Vincent, Todd Lichti, Scott Brooks, Brooks Thompson go up against amateurs. Now these guys aren't fast, not tall, not strong, not athletic, not well-built....I wonder if they'd dominate as well.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#86 » by Keith Van Horn » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:10 am

Thanks for posting this, I got a kick out of watching Scal take it to those scrubs!
Nobymoby
Starter
And1: 532

Post#87 » by Nobymoby » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:56 am

WinisKing wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:Nothing beats that one poster, An Unbiased Fan, claiming that he could beat Wizards Michael Jordan one on one.

:rofl:

Body of D-wade with the game of Penny Hardaway

The man would have been a sure-fire HOF if it weren't for those career ending injuries

Oh lawd I remember that. :lol:
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
yongaz
Starter
And1: 150

Post#88 » by yongaz » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:01 am

WinisKing wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:Nothing beats that one poster, An Unbiased Fan, claiming that he could beat Wizards Michael Jordan one on one.

Body of D-wade with the game of Penny Hardaway

The man would have been a sure-fire HOF if it weren't for those career ending injuries

LOL came here to post this bahahaha.
siydee
Rookie
And1: 50

Post#89 » by siydee » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:08 am

MikeM wrote:Well he does have a minimum of like 4 inches and weight of like 30+ lbs on every guy he faced.

Obviously his drive is going to be sweet against small guys who have to really get up on him just to hope to bother his jumper. Put a guy with equal length that can bother the shot without having to over commit and we'll see.

the first guy isn't far off from scal's size. he's about 1 inch shorter and maybe 15-20lbs lighter, second guy is about 4 inches shorter but is skinny as hell. third guy is significantly shorter and lighter, forth guy is probably about the same as the first guy. i think you're exaggerating scal's size advantage quite a bit.

i believe the point is the average guy isn't going to beat scal in a 1 on 1. unless you're an nba-caliber college player or a top euro player, it's almost impossible to beat a bottom of the barrel nba player.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#90 » by Keith Van Horn » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:08 am

Oh god really? I need to see that post. He told me last summer the nets were lotto bound.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
bigbreakfast
Sixth Man
And1: 628

Post#91 » by bigbreakfast » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:51 am

Linguistik wrote:
gswhoops wrote:
Even against an old, retired, and somewhat out-of-shape (by NBA standards) benchwarmer these guys got absolutely smoked.

Which is why I would want to see former scrubs like Matt Maloney, Tim Legler, Sam Vincent, Todd Lichti, Scott Brooks, Brooks Thompson go up against amateurs. Now these guys aren't fast, not tall, not strong, not athletic, not well-built....I wonder if they'd dominate as well.

Yes. They would if they were 34 and just retired. Scalabrine is not exactly considered fast, strong, athletic or well built considered to other NBA players either.

Return to The General Board