The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,676

Re: The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III 

Post#401 » by Dupp » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:56 am

Zeller had a really good game today. 16 and 7 played nice.

edit - is there a way to check a players average +/- ? Dions seems to always be leading or close to leading that stat for cleveland.
Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,315

Post#402 » by Shem » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:59 am

fart wrote:Yea Shem, I am jealous, if only my team also had a good young PG......................:rofl:

Then why do you care about what I say? It seems to bother you. Otherwise, you wouldn't specifically come after me.

Better get used to how this is going to become more of a Lillard thread than it has before and it's all thanks to you. You're my inspiration.
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
TheBigThree
Starter
And1: 124

Post#403 » by TheBigThree » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:59 am

What if I told you that people claiming Lillard isn't as good as advertised are just as annoying as people taking offense to another rookie being mentioned in the ROY race?

Seriously, the penis measuring contests are annoying. It's basically a forgone conclusion that Lillard will win the ROY, and rightfully so, but noting that other rookies are elevating their play and deserve to be discussed is silly.

By the way, Patrick Beverly looked really nice today against my Wizards. It's just too bad he's a bit older but looks like he'd be a solid backup PG. Certainly better than Toney Douglas.
fart
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,769

Post#404 » by fart » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:03 am

You Annoy me because you are constantly shoving Lillard down everyones throat with your stupid mixtapes, highlights and qoutes. Do you see me posting Kyrie Irving Mixtapes and all that crap? I don't hate Lillard, I think he has been amazing for a rookie and look forward to watching him be the face of the Blazers franchise for a long time, I hate your nonstop effort to try and shove highlights and mixtapes down everyone's throat.
SargentBargs101 wrote:
CB-Blazer wrote:what the heck is an Ebanks?

The remote delivery of new and traditional banking products and services through electronic delivery channels. There you go bud :D
TheBigThree
Starter
And1: 124

Post#405 » by TheBigThree » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:04 am

fart wrote:You Annoy me because you are constantly shoving Lillard down everyones throat with your stupid mixtapes, highlights and qoutes. Do you see me posting Kyrie Irving Mixtapes and all that crap?

This is the rookie thread, dude. Is he holding a gun to your head forcing you to watch them?

Let it go.
Shem
RealGM

Post#406 » by Shem » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:10 am

fart wrote:Do you see me posting Kyrie Irving Mixtapes and all that crap?

FYI, I don't know if you realize that this is a rookie thread. Ground breaking news isn't it? And guess what??? Irving isn't a rookie. Holy crap... I know, huh? And guess what that means... if you were to post stuff about Irving it would be considered off topic. Time to catch up buddy with what season it is.

Oh, and another thing... Lillard is a rookie. Holy crap, huh? And again this is a thread about this year's rookies. Wow, huh?
April 4, 2014:

fart
Assistant Coach

Post#407 » by fart » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:15 am

^^ I'm talking about posting in general. and you're right this is a rookie thread not a mixtape thread. you wanna have a Lillard mixtape thread on the Blazers board? great, but none of us watch that crap you post in here.
SargentBargs101 wrote:

The remote delivery of new and traditional banking products and services through electronic delivery channels. There you go bud :D
Shem
RealGM

Post#408 » by Shem » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:18 am

fart wrote:^^ I'm talking about posting in general. and you're right this is a rookie thread not a mixtape thread. you wanna have a Lillard mixtape thread on the Blazers board? great, but none of us watch that crap you post in here.

Wow, you must be a control freak. I mean, you did say this to me on page 17:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1229666&start=240

fart wrote:Shem, no more posts for you bro.

Sorry, but I'm allowed to say what I want as long as it is within the topic of the thread and there's nothing to you can do about and again... I'm going to up the amount I do here just for you! :D

But, you're more than welcome to post stuff about Waiters... wait there isn't much on him is there? That's why you have a problem... silly me! ;)

Again, this is out of your control as you can't control me. Get used to it.
April 4, 2014:

nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#409 » by nuposse04 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:20 am

Shem wrote:
nuposse04 wrote:
fishnc wrote:Beal has zero chance of catching Lillard at this point.

I honestly think it depends on team record. Beal's level of play right now is analogous to Lillard, he is not the playmaker by any means, but he's definitely a better defender. I don't see the blazers finishing with a worse record then the wiz though, even if we do play +.500 ball from here out. I'd give Beal like a 8% chance, just cause the media anointed Lillard (and rightfully so) very early. Unless Beal has some absurd games it'll be hard to bridge the gap...but it is possible.

This is funny how people really think Lillard has a shot to lose this award. FYI, did you know that if Lillard were to play in Portland's remaining 27 games and didn't score a point or get an assist, he would finish with a scoring average of 12.3 PPG and an assist average of 4.3 APG?

There is always a chance, and bringing up a stat like that doesn't bolster any sort of argument as far as I'm concerned. You just need to stop getting butt hurt at the notion that other rookies playing at level that is arguably analogous to Lillard (who I actually like btw). Lillard will most likely win because of aforementioned remote probabilities, but to be so dismissive with regards to other rookies just makes you look pathetic. Try growing up?
fart
Assistant Coach

Post#410 » by fart » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:21 am

Good night Shem, I am going to sleep, but since you like quotes so much, I will leave you with one.

"showing off is the fools idea of glory"- Bruce Lee
SargentBargs101 wrote:

Shem
RealGM

Post#411 » by Shem » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:23 am

fart wrote:Good night Shem, I am going to sleep, but since you like quotes so much, I will leave you with one.

"showing off is the fools idea of glory"- Bruce Lee

And you're a bully. ;)
April 4, 2014:

Shem
RealGM

Post#412 » by Shem » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:27 am

nuposse04 wrote:There is always a chance, and bringing up a stat like that doesn't bolster any sort of argument as far as I'm concerned. You just need to stop getting butt hurt at the notion that other rookies playing at level that is arguably analogous to Lillard (who I actually like btw). Lillard will most likely win because of aforementioned remote probabilities, but to be so dismissive with regards to other rookies just makes you look pathetic. Try growing up?

I'm just pointed out how bad Lillard would have to play to lose the award at this point of the season because Beal is averaging 13.7 PPG and 2.5 APG and how Lillard would have to almost not do anything for 27 games to be around the same numbers Beal is at now. But you're more than welcome to continue to have your emotions cloud your judgment.
April 4, 2014:

nuposse04
RealGM

Post#413 » by nuposse04 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:28 am

sir G Wallace wrote:
nuposse04 wrote:
fishnc wrote:Beal has zero chance of catching Lillard at this point.

I honestly think it depends on team record. Beal's level of play right now is analogous to Lillard, he is not the playmaker by any means, but he's definitely a better defender. I don't see the blazers finishing with a worse record then the wiz though, even if we do play +.500 ball from here out. I'd give Beal like a 8% chance, just cause the media anointed Lillard (and rightfully so) very early. Unless Beal has some absurd games it'll be hard to bridge the gap...but it is possible.

You are severely underestimating the the weight of the responsibility Lillard has been carrying all season for Portland. Beal can afford to have off games, Lillard cant. He is playing 39 MPG off the bat and has been the best rookie in the league while doing so. That speaks volumes about his accomplishment in his rookie year.

Beal had a lot of issues early on as well...the entire rotation on the team was horrid, he was asked to make way more plays then a 19 year old SG should (who played SF in Florida I think).

Lillard also has some damn good players around him in LMA and Batum. While we do have some semblance of a bench here in WAS (at least it seems like it lately) we don't have quite the high end talent to alleviate the game for Beal and to some extent Wall as we should.

But your overall point is somewhat valid, he is asked to play too many minutes from the get-go. He's relatively young at 22, he should be able to endure 32-36 easily enough.
nuposse04
RealGM

Post#414 » by nuposse04 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:29 am

Shem wrote:
nuposse04 wrote:There is always a chance, and bringing up a stat like that doesn't bolster any sort of argument as far as I'm concerned. You just need to stop getting butt hurt at the notion that other rookies playing at level that is arguably analogous to Lillard (who I actually like btw). Lillard will most likely win because of aforementioned remote probabilities, but to be so dismissive with regards to other rookies just makes you look pathetic. Try growing up?

I'm just pointed out how bad Lillard would have to play to lose the award at this point of the season because Beal is averaging 13.7 PPG and 2.5 APG and how Lillard would have to almost not do anything for 27 games to be around the same numbers Beal is at now. But you're more than welcome to continue to have your emotions cloud your judgment.

If he tanked that bad I'd have a way less opinion of him then now, so cute stats like that don't mean anything. Carry on with the butt hurt.
Shem
RealGM

Post#415 » by Shem » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:40 am

nuposse04 wrote:
Shem wrote:

If he tanked that bad I'd have a way less opinion of him then now, so cute stats like that don't mean anything. Carry on with the butt hurt.

Wow, we got a lot of disrespectful people on tonight. I mean the fact that you thought I suggested that Lillard would even tank 27 games and not put up numbers makes you wonder what you read. All I said he would have to do that in order to have numbers in Beal's range and you should know that isn't going to happen. It sounds like you're the one who is... well you know. ;)
April 4, 2014:

GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 899

Post#416 » by GhostsOfGil » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:47 am

Francois wrote:Zeller had a really good game today. 16 and 7 played nice.

edit - is there a way to check a players average +/- ? Dions seems to always be leading or close to leading that stat for cleveland.

Saw the highlight Zeller looked good. 82games.com has waiters +/- at about +1. Last updated 2/10 though
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,676

Post#417 » by Dupp » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:52 am

GhostsOfGil wrote:
Francois wrote:Zeller had a really good game today. 16 and 7 played nice.

Saw the highlight Zeller looked good. 82games.com has waiters +/- at about +1. Last updated 2/10 though

Oh, lol thats a lot worse then i thought.
nuposse04
RealGM

Post#418 » by nuposse04 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:08 am

Shem wrote:
nuposse04 wrote:
Shem wrote:I'm just pointed out how bad Lillard would have to play to lose the award at this point of the season because Beal is averaging 13.7 PPG and 2.5 APG and how Lillard would have to almost not do anything for 27 games to be around the same numbers Beal is at now. But you're more than welcome to continue to have your emotions cloud your judgment.

Wow, we got a lot of disrespectful people on tonight. I mean the fact that you thought I suggested that Lillard would even tank 27 games and not put up numbers makes you wonder what you read. All I said he would have to do that in order to have numbers in Beal's range and you should know that isn't going to happen. It sounds like you're the one who is... well you know. ;)

Your original line regarding the statistic:
FYI, did you know that if Lillard were to play in Portland's remaining 27 games and didn't score a point or get an assist, he would finish with a scoring average of 12.3 PPG and an assist average of 4.3 APG?

No where in that did you bring up Beal, and only a homer of your caliber would go by season stats. Beal's steady progression since December is very commendable, he hasn't until recently become a player that is equally as impressive as Lillard.

Not butt-hurt, but rather annoyed.

I'm a believer in trends, especially with Rookies, what have they done for me lately. Look at their PER 36 numbers in Jan/Feb, their scoring is relatively the same and its pretty obvious which player is more efficient. Lillard does more in the playmaking department, but he's a PG so its kind of expected. I doubt Lillard will ever be as good as Beal defensively, Beal already plays pesky defense and has more room to grow has he is a bit younger as well. Beal's also a helluva rebounder from the SG position, not to mention his help defense is pretty solid for a rookie.

Now, I'm not going to say Beal has had a better year, but to say he isn't playing at Lillard's level, right now...just seems factually wrong. In fact his efficiency and defense might give him the edge if it continues as of right now, but he's climbing out of a large hole so its still Lillard's to lose.
Shem
RealGM

Post#419 » by Shem » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:09 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL5XiJGmJ8E[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGlOBCNHYvE[/youtube]
April 4, 2014:

Shem
RealGM

Post#420 » by Shem » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:14 am

But to show that I'm not a poor sport about the other rookies, I'll post some videos I found of them when searching through Lillard's videos:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lyphaei46Vw[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yls3mqgfAp4[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeGlVruwcFs[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObCSmOPu_D4[/youtube]
April 4, 2014:

Return to The General Board