The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

orangeparka
Head Coach
And1: 187

Re: The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III 

Post#61 » by orangeparka » Fri Feb 1, 2013 7:23 am

gordito wrote:
tidho wrote:
ComboGuardCity wrote:Lillard is the better player this year. However, in a draft, Drummond goes before him.

This is probably a better quesiton. Based on what we know now how would you rank them. ROY is a lot less important.

I think I would do a redraft (based on what we know now) taking fit in consideration (mainly #4) like this.

NOH - Davis
CHA - Drummond
WAS - Kidd-Gilchrist
CLE - Beal
SAC - Lillard
POR - Waiters
GSW - Barnes

Good list, though I'd switch MKG and Beal (I feel WAS would still pick Beal?).
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#62 » by Blkbrd671 » Fri Feb 1, 2013 7:28 am

^I agree. Beal looks like a real nice compliment piece that could potentially be a game changer. from what i've seen form MKG, seems like one of those players thats a glue guy and do everytihng type mold like Tay, gerald wallace. Rather go after the potential Allstar SG
Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,315

Post#63 » by Shem » Fri Feb 1, 2013 7:48 am

ComboGuardCity wrote:With all due respect, do you watch those highlights you always post? Lillard primarily seems to score when he's running the P'n'R with LMA. Why do you think he's open on those mid range shots? Its because LMA is an absolute beast. Lillard has been very impressive, but Lamarcus Aldridge is far and away the best offensive player on that team.

The fact that we're having this discussion shows how mature Lillard really is.

I've seen every game Lillard has ever played thank you very much. And there's more to what is going on in the games than those highlights and getting double off of the high pick-in-roll to get the ball out of his hands has been a redundant theme that I can't believe Coach Stotts insists on running. There's also spacing issues and other players like Jeffries, and Hickson doing it pretty much kills the play. This is when a chime in from Wiz helps.

The point is and we've had this discussion in part 2 is that teams defenses are scheming against Lillard more than anybody else on the Blazers.
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
boogie-reke
Head Coach
And1: 244

Post#64 » by boogie-reke » Fri Feb 1, 2013 10:33 am

Man, MKG has hit the wall HARD.

He's been terrible in January so far.
Mr. Krabs
Sixth Man
And1: 249

Post#65 » by Mr. Krabs » Fri Feb 1, 2013 2:01 pm

What is the situation of T-Rob?
JWiLL02
RealGM
And1: 2,443

Post#66 » by JWiLL02 » Fri Feb 1, 2013 3:01 pm

Mr. Krabs wrote:What is the situation of T-Rob?

He plays for the Kings...so, yeah.
*Sig courtesy of Raptors' royalty 'Turbozone'. http://www.turbozone.ca"
boogie-reke
Head Coach

Post#67 » by boogie-reke » Fri Feb 1, 2013 3:06 pm

He's settling down and accepting his role now, and as a result I feel is looking better and better as time goes on finding his niche in our team - which is a VERY hard thing to do imo seeing as we have no leadership/system/guidance.

I think despite the obvious situation our team is in, he should be finishing the season strong. Picked up his activity and hustle level, and despite still having some rookie mistakes(though less then before) he's slowly getting it and understanding atleast at the early part of his career what it takes for him to help the team.

The good thing for him is he only had to suffer only 1 year of this current Kings organization that's proven to regress or hold back the vast majority of the players in it during the recent years.

Be it in Sacramento hopefully, or Seattle, the change of organization and having a real system that'll try make his life easier as a player aswell as actually help him develop - would be extremely helpful to him.
Combine that with his extreme work-ethic and will to prove everyone wrong and improve having a long summer to do so - If I was a betting man I would bet on T-Rob having a major improvement next year compared to this one statistically.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#68 » by ComboGuardCity » Fri Feb 1, 2013 4:18 pm

boogie-reke wrote:He's settling down and accepting his role now, and as a result I feel is looking better and better as time goes on finding his niche in our team - which is a VERY hard thing to do imo seeing as we have no leadership/system/guidance.

I think despite the obvious situation our team is in, he should be finishing the season strong. Picked up his activity and hustle level, and despite still having some rookie mistakes(though less then before) he's slowly getting it and understanding atleast at the early part of his career what it takes for him to help the team.

The good thing for him is he only had to suffer only 1 year of this current Kings organization that's proven to regress or hold back the vast majority of the players in it during the recent years.

Be it in Sacramento hopefully, or Seattle, the change of organization and having a real system that'll try make his life easier as a player aswell as actually help him develop - would be extremely helpful to him.
Combine that with his extreme work-ethic and will to prove everyone wrong and improve having a long summer to do so - If I was a betting man I would bet on T-Rob having a major improvement next year compared to this one statistically.

I got to say, you are being a class act on this board when it comes to the Kings situation. Much respect.
sir G Wallace
Banned User
And1: 73

Post#69 » by sir G Wallace » Fri Feb 1, 2013 4:32 pm

Shem wrote:
ComboGuardCity wrote:With all due respect, do you watch those highlights you always post? Lillard primarily seems to score when he's running the P'n'R with LMA. Why do you think he's open on those mid range shots? Its because LMA is an absolute beast. Lillard has been very impressive, but Lamarcus Aldridge is far and away the best offensive player on that team.

I've seen every game Lillard has ever played thank you very much. And there's more to what is going on in the games than those highlights and getting double off of the high pick-in-roll to get the ball out of his hands has been a redundant theme that I can't believe Coach Stotts insists on running. There's also spacing issues and other players like Jeffries, and Hickson doing it pretty much kills the play. This is when a chime in from Wiz helps.

The point is and we've had this discussion in part 2 is that teams defenses are scheming against Lillard more than anybody else on the Blazers.

That is true. Even if Aldridge is the best player on the team he cant do anything if his guards cant get him the ball in proper spots. That is why Portland badly needs another skilled offensive minded ball handler so containing Lillard will not be so easy and straight forward for defenses.
Downtown
Head Coach
And1: 577

Post#70 » by Downtown » Fri Feb 1, 2013 5:11 pm

sir G Wallace wrote:That is why Portland badly needs another skilled offensive minded ball handler so containing Lillard will not be so easy and straight forward for defenses.

I have to agree. When teams trap and pressure Lillard with double teams out high the Blazers don't react well. They could use another good ball handler and passer that can move quickly for a safe outlet when that happens and then take advantage of a four on three situation. As it stands Batum is usually too deep in the corner for Lillard to pass to and Mathews is more of a finisher than a facilitator.

Teams now know that even with Alderidge being the main offensive weapon if they can upset the flow of the Blazers by not allowing Lillard to have good looks it can disrupt the whole offence. And just the fact that teams do shape their defensive schemes around stopping Lillard says something about the rookie.
boogie-reke
Head Coach

Post#71 » by boogie-reke » Fri Feb 1, 2013 6:31 pm

ComboGuardCity wrote:
boogie-reke wrote:He's settling down and accepting his role now, and as a result I feel is looking better and better as time goes on finding his niche in our team - which is a VERY hard thing to do imo seeing as we have no leadership/system/guidance.

I got to say, you are being a class act on this board when it comes to the Kings situation. Much respect.

Uncle Jeff
Senior
And1: 32

Post#72 » by Uncle Jeff » Fri Feb 1, 2013 6:31 pm

As captain of East All-Stars, Wade said Terrence Ross is his top choice for the dunk contest. @Raptors

@JoeGoodmanJ
Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,315

Post#73 » by Shem » Fri Feb 1, 2013 10:47 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpFn9uG0oG4[/youtube]
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
ComboGuardCity
RealGM

Post#74 » by ComboGuardCity » Fri Feb 1, 2013 11:02 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz7Aty99SvI[/youtube]
mid-post
Analyst
And1: 70

Post#75 » by mid-post » Fri Feb 1, 2013 11:19 pm

ComboGuardCity wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz7Aty99SvI[/youtube]

Which genius decided to feature Andre for that segment? Rookie hazing? :lol:
Scout Taron
Veteran
And1: 393

Post#76 » by Scout Taron » Fri Feb 1, 2013 11:23 pm

ComboGuardCity wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz7Aty99SvI[/youtube]

Are they gonna tell me how to calculate WS/48 on the next segment?
ComboGuardCity
RealGM

Post#77 » by ComboGuardCity » Sat Feb 2, 2013 12:53 am

mid-post wrote:

Which genius decided to feature Andre for that segment? Rookie hazing? :lol:

I feel like they had this in their back pocket until Andre had a good game at the line :rofl:
orangeparka
Head Coach
And1: 187

Post#78 » by orangeparka » Sat Feb 2, 2013 1:40 am

Lmfao Drummond.
peja drobnjak
Starter
And1: 46

Post#79 » by peja drobnjak » Sat Feb 2, 2013 2:08 am

man kind of sad watching that girl call herself a future piston
Image Turbo Zone
Bskey
Veteran
And1: 144

Post#80 » by Bskey » Sat Feb 2, 2013 2:38 am

I don't think you watch the games. Yes Aldridge is a big part of their offense, never seen anyone deny that. Lillard though, is doubled and trapped a lot by opposing teams. The offense functions much better with him the game and other teams know this. Taking Lillard out of the play is a strategy team after team has been using.

And what's wrong with Lillard using picks to get open like oh I don't know every guard in the league does? And if he catches you on an iso he can easily get an open shot with his step back. If the lane is open he's shown he can drive (mostly to the left atm).

Lillard is doing what he's doing against starters, too.

Can't you just be happy that you have Drummond without trying to downplay Lillard? Both teams made great draft picks.

Return to The General Board